• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,482 Views, 25 Comments

Rap, Pain, and Friendship - Twilight Best Pony



Lyrical and shadow have always had a hard time in Detrot, but when they move to ponyville, will it change?

  • ...
5
 25
 1,482

Party Time(e)

"NO!!" Shouted the grey colt. In a few seconds, both the colt and Lyrical were wrapped in a black, shield like aura. Lyrical opens his eyes just to be covered in complete darkness. At first, he was scared, not knowing what to do, and screamed.

"GAUGH!!! HELP! HELP ME!" Lyrical shouted. He was silenced by an unknown hoof, covering his mouth. Lyrical looked around the black dome, only to find a glowing symbol. It's glow filled the entire dome, the light later fading away.

Outside the dome.

The pony with the smiley face mask just stared at the black sphere in confusion. "The buck just happened?" Smiley pony said. He decided it would be wise to walk away from the dark magic like ball, pretending like it was never there. He was about to walk away, when heard something dragging along the floor. He turned around, eyes wide under the blood stained mask. In front of him, the lifeless body that was once in the same spot, was being dragged by a shadow like substance. The dead stallion’s body was slowly engulfed in black, and after a few seconds, it was gone. Not wanting to see what happened, he was galloping outside the door. He only made it towards the front yard, until he was struck by a shadow like pony from the back. Glowing white eyes with brown irises were the only feature he make of the shadow.

"Wha- What do you want!?" Smiley pony said, in front of the shadow pony. It only stared down at him, clearly pissed off.

"You killed my dad.." The shadow pony said. "And I want.....

Lyrical, who was also covered in shadow like armor, ran outside to the shadow covered pony. His eyes only widened as the pony raised its hoof. Lyrical shouted for him.

"SHADOW! STOP!!"

VENGEANCE!!!" It brought down a shadow like sword, heading straight for Smiley pony's skull.

Lyrical woke up, gasping for air as if he could not breath. He quickly tried standing up, eyes closed. His head however, was met with a familiar soft, curly mane. He sniffed the air in front of him, snout quickly engulfed in sugar and other sweets. Lyrical quickly opened his eyes, In front of him, or should I say, on top of him, was none other than the grinned face, excited pony, Pinkie Pie. Lyrical looked around, tons of other ponies gathered around him, along with four other familiar mares, and one white coated, purple maned unicorn. He looked to his left, and saw Shadow, still knocked out, tons of other mares staring at him as well. Lyrical looked at his forelegs, both were being pinned down, due to Pinkie’s hooves being on top of him.

"Girls look!! He's up!!" Pinkie said, still staring into the eyes of Lyrical. The stallion, being SO VERY FREAKING SHY WITH TALKING TO GIRLS, felt his expression turn into a poker face look. Again, it only took him 10 seconds to realize the situation he was in.

'Pinkie Pie pinning me down while I was knocked down? Check.

Applejack, Twilight, that yellow pony from the park, and a white unicorn with a purple mane staring at me in confusion? Check.



Background ponies whose voices caused me and Shadow to crash into a house’s wall, are standing around, some giggling and, staring at me? Check.

Pinkie's bangs over my eyes, touching my forehead and horn? Check.

Face, red again from awkward position?'

"Hey Lyri! Why does your face look so red?" Pinkie asked, innocently, smiling at Lyrical.

'.....Check'

"Pinkie, I think you should get off of him." Rainbow said, nudging her pink friend. "I think he might be enjoying this." She said with a smirk. This only caused Lyrical's face to grow hotter each second. Pinkie, being the fun mare she is, only gave a confused smile.

"What do you mean Dashie? Of course he's enjoying this. It's his and Shad's party after all!" She turned to Lyrical, backing up a little, allowing him to see Pinkie's face."Are you enjoying the party so far Lyri? Huh? Are ya are ya are ya!?"

Lyrical, still red faced, gave a yes nod, causing Pinkie to make a realistic "squee" noise. "Sweet Celestia that was cute.." Lyrical said, loud enough for the main six to hear. Rarity just stared at Lyrical with amusement in her eyes.

"What was that dear?" She said. Realizing his quote, Lyrical got back on all his four hooves, quickly rushing to Shadow, trying to ignore Rarity. He made his way past the other mares, and a devious idea came to his mind. He walked up to the right side of Shadow, lifted both forelegs under his body, and flipped him over.

"GET UP!!" Lyrical said, throwing Shadow in the air. In response, Shadow opened his eyes, flapped his wings, and landed safely on the ground. A group of mares awed, causing Shadow to blush. He walked up to Lyrical, and hoof bumped him, glad to see his friend was all right. The rest of the partygoers just shrugged, and continued partying. Pinkie, being the unpredictable mare she is, hung upside down between Lyrical and Shadow's hoof bump, grinning and embracing them in a tight, breath taking hug, causing both of the friends to blush.

"It's time to meet my friends!" Pinkie said, falling down from the ceiling, still hugging Lyrical and Shadow. She dragged them by the waist, placing them in front of the other five mares. "That's Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity!" She said in an upbeat tone. Shadow and Lyrical already knew who the other three were, but they did not know much about Fluttershy and Rarity. The white unicorn was the first to speak, since Fluttershy was hiding behind her pink mane. Rarity gave a smile, causing Shadow and Lyrical to blush and smile back. She stuck her hoof out, waiting for one of the colts to shake it. Shadow and Lyrical stared at each other then shrugged.

"You first?" Shadow said. Lyrical shook his head.

"You first." Shadow shook his head, until eventually both of them shrugged.

"Both of us." They said in unison. Shadow and Lyrical leaned in and kissed Rarity's hoof. Not in the same spot of course but on opposite sides. Taken back a bit, Rarity was both shocked, giddy, and blushing at the same time. Shadow couldn't believe what he just did, but Lyrical just smiled at Rarity.

"My ma always told us that you should treat a mare with respect if she ever comes from Canterlot." Lyrical said shrugging. The other ponies just stared, mouths agape. Well besides Fluttershy, She was still behind her mane. Rarity, tried to hide her blush, but failed at doing so.

"Your mothers have raised such gentlecolts," Rarity continued. "It's a shame I am not from Canterlot though."

That hit Lyrical like a ton of bricks. How can this mare not be from Canterlot? His face quickly blushed, realizing he kissed a random but pretty mare's hoof. Rainbow Dash just fell to her sides, Shadow facehoofed, Pinkie was somewhere else, Twilight blushed a little, Fluttershy was still behind her mane, and Applejack just chuckled.

"We'll now that you met Rarity," Twilight said, giggling softly. "I think it's time you meet Fluttershy. “Come on Fluttershy?" Lyrical and Shadow turned around to the quiet Pegasus. Shadow decided to grow some balls, while Lyrical turned the other way, his face deep red.

"Hi..." Shadow muttered. Fluttershy came out from behind her mane for a second, only to quickly retreat after seeing Shadow's facial features, she blushed slightly. The stallion turned a bit red and backed away slowly. "Maybe some other time." He said quietly. Lyrical turned around to his rejected friend, feeling bad for him, but oddly feeling better about himself. Suddenly, Pinkie Pie popped out of nowhere and poked his flank. He yelped and quickly turned around to see a giggling Pinkie.

"What does your cutie mark represent Lyri?" Pinkie asked. Shadow stood next to Lyrical. "Bro Mark." He reminded his friend. Lyrical gave a slightly sad expression. "It means my talent is rapping." He said a little bit grimly. Pinkie just smiled and bounced in place, while the other five mares, including Fluttershy, were curious.

"Rapping? What is that?" Rainbow asked, hovering over Lyrical.

"Is it a fashion design, darling?" Rarity asked.

"Does it involve some fancy mathematics?" Applejack said, waving her hooves, in front of her.

"Science?" Twilight perked up smiling.

"Singing?" Fluttershy managed to speak.

Lyrical only shook his head side to side."Nope, nope nope nope, and kind of. You see, rapping is-" He was cut off by Pinkie pushing him in front of a DJ before he could blink. She had electric blue mane and tail styles, white fur just like Rarity, and huge glasses. Her cutie mark was a music note. Pinkie bounced in place, talking to the mare. She then walked up to Lyrical with the white pony. "Lyri, this is DJ P0N-3, or Vinyl Scratch if you want." Vinyl nodded at the light brown pony, and he nodded back.

"So Lyrical, Pinkie told me you can rap?" She asked. Lyrical nodded and Vinyl smiled. "Great, now's your time to shine."

"Huh?" But before he could protest, Vinyl threw a microphone at Pinkie and him. He caught it with his magic, and Pinkie with her hooves. Vinyl smiled and turned to the crowd partying. "Hey everypony!" The gathered ponies stopped what they were doing. And stared at Vinyl, Pinkie and Lyrical.

"Tonight, our special friend Lyrical is going to be rapping." The crowd cheered in excitement, some confused, others just for the heck of it. Lyrical turned Pinkie around from the stage and stared at her. "Pinkie, I'm glad you and Vinyl let me rap, but I just can't. There's way too many ponies here and-" Lyrical was silenced by Pinkie's hoof.

"Don't worry Lyri, I'll sing my part and yours will come up, understand." Lyrical was not very good at free-styling, but he couldn't say no to that smiling pink pony. With a defeated sigh, he agreed.

"Fine, lets just get this over with." Pinkie hugged him, causing Lyrical to blush. They both made their way to the front of the DJ equipment. Lyrical and Pinkie gave a nod, signaling for Vinyl to start.

"Here we go." Lyrical said with a shaky voice. Soon Vinyl starts the beat, and everypony is quiet.

Pinkie: When you're rife with devastation

There's a simple explanation:

You're a toymaker's creation

Trapped inside a crystal ball

And whichever way he tilts it

Know that we must be resilient

We won't let them break our spirits

As we sing this silly song

When I was a little filly, a galloping blaze overtook my city

So they shipped me off to the orphanage. Said, "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in"

So I dug one thousand holes and cut a rug with orphan foals

Memories are blurred, and their faces are obscured, but I still, know the words to this song

When you've bungled all your bangles

And your loved ones have been mangled

Listen to the jingle jangle

Of my gypsy tambourine

'Cause these chords are hypnotizing

And the whole world's harmonizing

So please children stop your crying

And just sing along with me

Lyrical: Everypony gather 'round, stomp your hooves on the ground,

wake the colts and fillies with our happy silly sounds,

Pink and Lyrical on this track shaking up the house,

Are you all happy with what you found?

Smile smile smile through, all the hurtful pain,

Life is short so chill out and play!

Every day's colorful so stay outta grey,

Scream the word "yay!" and smile in the rain.

When you party with the pink pony everything is fun,

give a goofy grin and stick out your tongue,

every pony rise and sing along,

Yo Pinkie, show these colts and fillies how to sing this song.

Pinkie: Gladly!

When I was a little filly, a galloping blaze overtook my city

So they shipped me off to the orphanage. Said, "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in"

So I dug one thousand holes and cut a rug with orphan foals

Memories are blurred, and their faces are obscured, but I still, know the words to this song

Lyrical: When you've bungled all your bangles

And your loved ones have been mangled

Listen to the jingle jangle

Of my gypsy tambourine

Pinkie:'Cause these chords are hypnotizing

And the whole world's harmonizing

So please children stop your crying

And just sing along with me!

BOTH:When you've bungled all your bangles

And your loved ones have been mangled

Listen to the jingle jangle

Of my gypsy tambourine

'Cause these chords are hypnotizing

And the whole world's harmonizing

So please children stop your crying

And just sing along with me!

Lyrical was back to back with Pinkie, both raised their hooves in the air while they struck a winning pose.

"...They’re not cheering." Lyrical said, worried the crowd did not like it. Pinkie only smirked.

"Wait for it." She chimed.

Suddenly, the whole crowd went wild. Hooves were stomping on the ground, mares whistling and in the distance, Lyrical could have sworn he saw an alicorn yelling DOPE! then vanishing in a flash. Besides that, the unicorn was happy that he overcame his fear of performing in front of large crowds.

The whole night, ponies partied, Lyrical and Shadow Bro Hoofed, and chilled out with the mane six. Lyrical did not notice Vinyl was standing next to a grey earth pony with a black mane and light pink bow tie after his performance.

"He's not that bad, could use some work but he ain't bad. What do you think Tavi?" Vinyl said, pointing at Lyrical who was chugging down some hard cider.

"He needs to perfect his posture when performing onstage." Octavia said, fixing her bow tie. "But besides that, he is pretty good." Vinyl nodded in agreement, and continued to play some tunes while Octavia went to go get a drink.

It was a good day for Lyrical. His new life in Ponyville seems to be full of surprises.