• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,863 Views, 13 Comments

Pinkie Pie And The Fly - Alpha Scorpii



Pinkie Pie has an interesting theory about flies.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,863

Pinkie Pie And The Fly

Pinkie Pie And The Fly

Twilight Sparkle was trotting happily through Ponyville’s park, in a warm and nice summer morning. Celestia always took care that the sun wasn’t too bright for her little ponies, not even in summer, so sultry weather was uncommon in Equestria. Everypony could enjoy the day without the fear of ending up all sweaty and dehydrated.

The young and joyful unicorn was enjoying the local flora and fauna, when she saw Pinkie Pie sitting near a small bush. Twilight approached, knowing that the party mare was always good company, and thinking that she may have something funny to do.

“Good morning, Pinkie Pie!” she said. “What are you do—”

But the pink mare turned around and put a hoof on her lips.

“Sssssssh!”

Twilight stopped. Had Pinkie Pie just sshed her?

The young unicorn blinked in confusion, and then she approached again, slowly. Pinkie was sitting on the grass, frowning, with the eyes fixed on the small bush in front of her.

Twilight decided to try again:

“Is there something wro—”

“Sssssssh!”

‘I wonder what is she doing,’ thought Twilight. ‘I’ve never seen her so serious before, so this must be important!’

The unicorn sat next to her friend, carefully, trying to be as silent as possible.

“Is there something wrong?” she whispered. “Has your Pinkie Sense warned you about something?”

“No,” replied Pinkie, still staring at the leaves of the bush.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that...” sighed Twilight, remembering the last time Pinkie’s tail had twitched. “So, what are you doing?”

“Watching.”

“Watching what?”

“Her.”

Twilight followed Pinkie’s stare, and saw a small fly walking through the leaves of the bush.

The unicorn looked at Pinkie again. She was following every movement of the tiny insect, without blinking.

“Why are you watching that fly?” asked Twilight.

“Wait and you’ll see. I think she’s gonna do it again soon...”

“Do what?”

“You’ll see...”

Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes. A part of her didn’t want to know what was Pinkie doing, but the curiosity of the young unicorn took the best of her, so she remained sitting next to her friend, staring at the small insect, waiting.

Twilight knew that Pinkie could be entertained with even the silliest things, but this was ridiculous.

They waited for almost two full minutes.

“Now!” said Pinkie. “Look! I think she’s gonna do it!”

The two mares fixed their eyes on the fly.

The insect stopped moving, and started to rub her front legs.

“She’s doing it!” exclaimed Pinkie, pointing at the fly with an accusing hoof. “She’s doing it! Do you see it, Twilight? Do you see it? I knew she would do it again, I knew it!”

“She’s rubbing her legs,” the unicorn shrugged. “What’s so special about that?”

“Don’t you realize!?” Pinkie gave Twilight a desperate stare, while waving her hooves. “Can’t you realize!?”

“Realize what?”

“This fly is obviously plotting an evil scheme!”

Twilight needed a few minutes to assimilate that sentence. She remained silent, staring into infinity and blinking slowly, with an expression of unfathomable tiredness on her face.

Meanwhile, Pinkie kept growling at the fly, who was still rubbing her legs.

"What did you say?” asked Twilight, after a while, hoping that she hadn’t heard correctly the first time.

“This fly is planning something!” repeated Pinkie. “Something evil!”

“You can’t be serious...”

“Just look how she rubs her legs, just like those evil scientists do in the movies!” Pinkie started to rub her own hooves together, to give an example. “They always do this when they’re talking about their plans, and about how evil they are. And then they usually laugh like ‘Mwahahahahahaha!’, and then they throw the hero into a pit with alligators, or snakes, or acid! Or alligators with acid-spitting snakes on their mouths! And sometimes, while they do all that, they stroke their cats! Evily! Although I wonder what would a fly stroke... maybe a flea?”

Twilight groaned and facehoofed.

“Pinkie—” she tried to say.

“What do you think she’s planning, Twilight? Well, something evil, that’s obvious... But what?” Pinkie scratched her chin.

“She’s not—”

Pinkie gasped and grabbed Twilight by the shoulders.

“She may be planning the evil planification of an evil plan to take over Equestria!” she said, looking at the unicorn in the eyes. “Or maybe she wants to kidnap Celestia and Luna to take control of the Sun and the Moon!” she gasped again. “Oh, my goodness! What if she’s planning to steal all the cupcakes and sweets in Ponyville!? That would be terrible! There wouldn’t be candy for anypony, and I couldn’t throw more parties, because nopony would go to a party without candy! This fly is the most evil, mean-meanie thing I’ve ever met! We can’t let her win, Twilight! We have to stop her before it’s too late! Quick, call the Princesses and tell them to bring the Elements of Harmony!”

“Pinkie!”

Twilight put a hoof in the mouth of the pink mare.

“That fly isn’t planning anything!” she explained. “She’s just cleaning herself!”

Pinkie raised an eyebrow, confused.

“That’s how flies clean themselves,” continued Twilight. “They can’t take baths like us, so they do that.”

The unicorn retired the hoof from Pinkie’s mouth. The party mare thought about it for a minute.

“But,” she said, “the evil scientists in the movies...”

"You watch too much television, Pinkie.”

“But—”

“The flies don’t have brains big enough to plot evil schemes. They’re insects, Pinkie.”

The pink mare looked at the fly. Then, she lowered her ears and blushed.

“I overdid it again, didn’t I?” she asked.

Twilight sighed and tapped Pinkie’s head.

“Yes, you did,” she smiled. “But it’s ok. Now that you know it, do you promise that you won’t do it again?”

“I promise...”

“Fine,” Twilight looked at the sky. “It’s a beautiful day, we should be enjoying the sunshine instead of looking at a fly. Say, what if we go to buy some ice cream?”

Pinkie jumped.

“Yes!” she exclaimed, happily. “I love ice cream! Thank you, Twilight, you’re the bestest of friends!”

“The best of friends, Pinkie.”

“Yeah, that too.”

The two mares left the tiny insect alone, and went away, with Pinkie bouncing happily around Twilight.

In the bush, the fly was still rubbing its little legs.

***Meanwhile, inside the fly’s mind...***

‘Yes! Everything goes just as planned! Thanks to that foolish unicorn, Pinkie Pie, the only pony who could’ve spoiled my schemes and stopped me, doesn’t suspect me anymore! Now, all the cupcakes, pies and candies of Ponyville will be mine! Mwahahahahahahahaha! And soon, my Orbital Death Laser will be completed, and I shall take over this pathetic planet! Mwahahahahahaha! I’m evil!’



PINKIE PIE AND THE FLY - END

Comments ( 12 )

And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

Personally, I'm expecting Pinkie attempting to kill this fly because it's feasting off the sugar of her baked goods; and it's annoying the heck out of her (my comment before reading).

After reading:
Not what I expected...

Brilliant, random, and generally hilarious. Five happy Pinkies out of five. :pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile:

Ingenious! I tip my hat to you, good sir.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment posted by MidnightTwister deleted Mar 19th, 2013

*Grins* Very awesome.

I'll just sit here in the corner, reading this and rubbing my hands together....
EVIL-LIKE!!!:pinkiecrazy:

Or alligators with acid-spitting snakes on their mouths!

This. This. I was already planning on following you after I looked through your fics, but I'll do it right now just for that line.

And that bit at the end.

:rainbowlaugh: Maybe the fly was just cold and needed warmth. Well, since season three arrived, Pinkie is no longer innocent of this devious act.

images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130721131129/mlp/images/4/42/Pinkie_Pie_with_a_mustache_rubbing_her_hooves_together_S3E09.gif

Login or register to comment