• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 962 Views, 17 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - twilightrusstle



A meta-human sacrifices himself to save Earth, but soon finds he is not dead, but in Equestria

  • ...
4
 17
 962

Discoveries

Chapter 3

Russ breathed in and out slowly, he smelled the scent of pine on the wind, heard the chirping of birds, felt the grass on his face. Am I alive?, he thought to himself. He slowly opened his eyes to see the world around him. He saw trees, grass, hills, flowers, and the sight of mountains in the distance.

"I'm alive?" he said aloud, he moved his head to view the rest of his surroundings and turned on his back. "I...I'm alive!" Russ began to say excitedly, but then he stopped realizing this revelation, he became angry. "Why am I alive", he said with contempt in his voice, "I should be dead, why am I not dead!? ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS DIE!!!!". Tears streamed down his face, the one thing he wanted, and the universe took it away. After all that had happened, the war with Legion, his unbearable losses, and he still had to endure the pain. "THIS ISN'T FAIR", he cried in anguish, "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!!!". Russ pounded on the the ground, until he realized what he was pounding the ground with. He looked down to see that he no longer had hands, or skin for that matter, but four legs with hooves, and bright red fur. He gaped in disbelief at this discovery, he was a pony, "W-W-What the hell is going on?"

*************************

The Cutie Mark Crusaders ran through the Everfree Forest trying to escape the pack of timber wolves close behind them. They ducked and weaved through the foliage trying to escape their pursuers. They came across a creek and jumped down the embankment. Scootaloo noticed a small hole under a tree behind some roots, just big enough for them to hide in.

She pointed, "Quick! In there", Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom turned and followed Scoots. They all crammed in their hiding spot and tried to catch their breathes. They listened they could hear the timber wolves approach, the hunters jumped into the creek and began to search for the three fillies. They paced around for awhile then growled when they found nothing, they took off following the creek.

Apple Bloom sighed, " Wheww, Ah thought they'd find us", they all chuckled nervously, but then the entrance of their hiding place was filled with the face of a timber wolf.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!", they screamed as the timber wolf clawed to reach them, but the roots kept it just beyond reach. The trio pushed themselves as far back into the hole as possible as more timber wolves converged on the location.

*******************************

Russ had stumbled his way to a nearby pond, he stuck his face in the water and drank heavily, afterwards he noted how pure the water was. As soon as he a satisfied his thirst he began to examine his new physical appearance. His eyes where still the same color, he a square like snout, the hair on this head was a very brilliant white, and so was his tail. He looked at his new legs, he could see his hooves they where a tan color. Russ sat on his rump and stared at the water, looking at himself. How had this happened? How had he been saved and changed into a pony, he tried to understand only to come to the conclusion that he was given a second chance, and he was supposed to to something here.

"But where am I anyway", Russ said aloud, he began to piece together what he knew, he could feel that the world and the environment around him seemed healthier, almost untouched by any form of pollution, and there was something magical in the air. He tested the composition of the water given his enhanced senses, no impurities what so ever. No foreign chemicals, no synthetic compounds, it was pure water. This and he was a pony, Russ had his answer but he didn't want to believe it. "Am I in EQUESTRIA?!!", he said in disbelief. His thoughts where cut short by the sound of screams coming from the nearby forest. He quickly stood up, trying to get used to his new anatomy, but he soon adjusted to what he thought was an acceptable level. "Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk", he said, and with that he took of in the direction of the cries of distress.

********************************

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the forest six mares were also headed to the same place.

"HURRY!!", AJ screamed. Out of all them, Rarity and Applejack were running the fastest. They heard the screams in the distance, along with the howls of timber wolves.

We may not make it, Twilight thought, but she pushed it aside and only pushed faster.

*******************************

"AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE", the three fillies screamed in terror as the timber wolves began to dig and tear away their hiding place. One of the predators had ripped away the last of the roots and was about to reach them, but was blasted in the face by Sweetie Bell's magic.

"RUN!!", she cried, and the trio made a break for it, only to have halted. They where surrounded by their hunters, they circled them and began to close in. The fillies huddled together and covered their eyes and began to cry.

This is it, Scootaloo thought, we're gonna die. One of the timber wolves made a lunge at the three, only to be knocked of course and taken down. The fillies looked up and saw a earth pony with dark red fur and a white mane and tall. He had tackled the timber wolf, pinning on its belly, he placed one hoof on the back of its neck, and with the other, he reached under its jaw and twisted hard, breaking its neck. He looked up, he had a burning in his eyes.

He spoke his voice stern, "Leave them alone you vile creatures", he stared the pack down, "your fight is with me now", he stamped his fore hooves on the ground and let out a battle cry. The wolves took a step back and growled in return. The earth pony turned to the frightened fillies, "Go!", he said, "run! I'll hold them off", they looked at him, not know what to to. When he saw they were not leaving, he repeated with more earnest, "GOO!", and with that, the trio ran passed him down the creek, not looking back

*******************************

After the trio where out of sight, Russ turned to face his foe.

Okay, five of them one of me, he thought. "This will be easy", he finished aloud, and he raised his hoof to blast them all. But after a few seconds, Russ felt no build of power, his hoof did not glow with energy. Confused, he tried again, but no energy came from him, he then realized. "My..powers..are GONE?!!!", he stammered, just then, the packed rushed him. Russ jumped above them, dodging their attack. When he landed, one wolf turned and lunged. Russ sidestepped, swung up a leg under its stomach, grabbed it and swung into another. Both creatures fell apart into a pile of sticks. Russ had his backed turned to the other wolves, and he soon felt a strong grasp on his shoulder, and felt a timber wolf sink his teeth into him. "AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH", Russ cried in pain, he stood on his hind legs and smashed the wold into a large rock, it crumbled away. Russ grabbed his shoulder and fell to his front knees, he looked in the flowing water and saw the pool of red forming. His eyes shot open when realized, "That's my blood", he said in horror, "My. Blood". His powers were gone, his protective aura was gone, but he could feel his accelerated healing working, barely. The remaining wolves closed in slowly, Russ slowly stood to his hooves. Maybe I should just give in, he thought, after all, I wanted to die. But then something in him stirred, he felt a flame ignite within him. His powers weren't gone, just recharging, Russ smirked and said, "I'm not gonna die just yet". He then reared up gathering up what power he could, and brought his hooves down. On impact, there was a small flash and a shock wave that sent the timber wolves flying. The explosion flew outward throwing water, mud, dirt, and stick from it. After everything had settled, Russ breathed heavily, he fell to the ground, his head pounding and ears ringing. He looked up to the canopy, the sun shone through it in rays, he smiled. He then heard voices approaching, they were muffled, but Russ knew they were getting closer. The last thing he saw before he succumb to the darkness, were six figures that resembled something he had seen before.

Author's Note:

if you want to know what russ looks like its my avatar