• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 2,499 Views, 73 Comments

The collapse of the universe - KRissCHu573



Time and space annomalies apear "left and right". What happens when peace and destruction

  • ...
6
 73
 2,499

The beginning of an Invasion

The collapse of the universe


Chapter 2: The beginning of an Invasion



Astounded, Fiddlesticks observed his arm. His trusty scythe had completely merged with it. As for the right one…no trace of fingers was found. Judging by Annie’s appearance, both of them had taken some kind of horse like forms. Tails, hooves and all the other features. The things that seemed to be the odd ones out we’re but two. The first was the fact that Annie had a horn on her head, and he had but a stick that came out of his.

‘It probably resembles the same thing.’ He thought.

And the other were the strange marks on their flanks. Annie was still in her dress, wearing a purplish mane with a white coat. Her flank’s mark was a flaming teddy bear. Fiddlesticks had not changed that much. Without the scythe arm and the horse body shape he was still a wooden skeleton, covered in hay bags with their typical brown, greenish and orangy coloring. He still managed to keep his key necklace and the lantern on his waist. On his flank was, what looked more like it was stitched there, a flock of four glowing crows.


“Uncle Fiddle, why did we become horsies?” The confused little filly asked.

“I don’t know Annie, but we have to make that a secondary priority. First we have to find out how to get back home.”

For someone who switched bodies as often as him it wasn’t so hard to learn how to control this one. Annie on the other hand kept on dropping down when she tried to walk. That frustrated her, but looking from the side it was somewhat adorable. At least her “uncle” was the only one to see her as they were on a stony road and a smooth morning breeze was going through the golden cornfield that surrounded them. To the scarecrow that seemed kind of ironic. Soon, a smile got on his face as he saw his crows gathering around them.


“Can you use your magic?” He asked her, wondering if they had lost that ability.

“I tried while you were sleeping. It worked but for some reason the spell came out of my forehead.”

‘Interesting. So these horns work as magic manipulators. Basically instead of your hands you use the horn to cast spells.’ He reasoned as he blankly stared at the corn behind him.

“Are you hungry uncle Fiddle? Why are you looking at the corn?” Annie continued to be clueless, not even trying to guess what was actually going on in that hay bag the Harbinger of doom bore as a head.

Then he replied. “No. I was just thinking. Maybe we should—“ Suddenly, his speech ended as he saw two figures in the distance, coming towards their direction.


“Annie, grab Tibbers and hide in the field. Do not come out until I tell you to.”

He was being serious. Annie knew not to question her friend when he used that tone. So she bit her teddy bear and got in the cornfield and vanished from the perimeter of the untrained eye. On the other hand Fiddlesticks was going to hide in plain sight, in order to probably learn something about the people who were getting closer by the minute. He stepped in the cornfield, but just in front of it, where he could be well seen, and froze in a typical for a regular scarecrow position, awaiting the couple. To make things even more realistic some of his loyal crows swarmed on his arms.


The wait was at its end when the two figures came close enough to reveal themselves, unsuspecting of their watcher. The two were also horses. One was orange with a hairstyle that probably passed as a ponytail and wore a hat like the one of Twisted Fate. The mark on her flank were three red apples. Strangely she did not have a horn like the two of them. The other one was blue, with hair and tail in all the colors of a rainbow. A simple memory of Lux came to the scarecrow’s mind. Her flank was decorated by a colorful lightning that came out of a cloud. The big surprise however was that this one did not have a horn, but wings instead.

“Oh I can’t wait to see those meteors!” The blue one stated excitedly as the two trotted by.

“Oh shucks, out of everypony you to be so exited Dash? Come to think ‘bout it, I am kinda scared of meeting Pinkie. Celestia only knows what new levels of hyperactive has she discovered!” The orange one chuckled.

‘Meteors, ponies, excitement, Pinkie, Celestia? What are those two talking about?’ The scarecrow thought to himself. The conversation definitely sparked his curiosity.

“Yeah it’s gonna be pretty wild when we meet up. She has probably already got on Twi’s nerves. Do you suppose--”

“What in tar’nation?” The orange horse interrupted the blue one.

She then walked slowly towards and took a good look at Fiddlesticks from top to bottom. The situation was very intense, so he had to play his best hide and seek in plain sight game, in order to not be detected.

“What’s wrong AJ?”

“Where’d this scarecrow come from? Ah don’t recon puttin’ it up?”

“I don’t know but it obviously isn’t doing its job properly.” The winged horse pointed at all the crows that had set on the wooden arms of the surprise guest. Then proceeded to chase them away.

The pony (as Fiddlesticks reasoned these creatures we’re called) with the hat grinned and said with a somewhat understanding tone. “Prob’ly Big Mac put it up when Ah was away.”

That statement received a quick reply. “Yeah, now that this mystery is done with, can we go and meet up with the others?” The winged pony insisted.

Her friend nodded with a little hesitation and they continued. Before they could no longer see the strange piece of wood and leather the orange pony turned around, and looked suspiciously at it.


With that done, and the pair disappeared on their marry way, Fiddlesticks stepped on the road with his three hooves and scythe, and called Annie to come out. The little filly trotted back to the stony road with a smile on her face, only to lose balance at the very last step and belly dropped, chin first, on the ground in a very cute way.

“Who were those two uncle Fiddle?” She asked with interest.

“I don’t know, but I think we should follow them and find out.” The Harbinger of doom stated with a strange smile on his face. “You’ll need to learn how to walk properly in that body. But until then summon Tibbers and have him carry you for most of the way. Be sure not to ride all the way and go down to walk a little so you get the hang of it yourself.”

The advice of the scarecrow was met by Annie with a nod and an expression which showed that every word was understood. With that done, the giant bear came out, put the little filly on his shoulder and they began to follow the couple from a while ago at a safe distance.



--



The small hall where the Living nightmare dwelled was as always pitch black. There were no windows and no lamps. The only thing noticeable was the low illumination of the crystal, Nocturne used to be imprisoned in. The freed convict sat, put his back on a wall, and stared at his previous cell. In the dark, where you could barely see your own hand, Nocturne was practically invisible.


The calming silence was broken as the door to his quarters was opened. Light came in from the outside but it barely made more than a meter inside the room.

“Boy, why all the gloom and doom friend?” A maniacal voice with some sort of giggle talked to Nocturne, even if he did not know where the nightmare was.

“I’m not in the mood for you jester.” A sight came as a response.

“Oh come now. You shouldn’t go over your head like that. Every little girl cries when she loses her favorite dolly.” Shaco continued.

In what seemed a heartbeat Nocturne charged to the door and stabbed the jester in the chest. The body quickly dematerialized and dropped on the ground as a pile of daggers.

“If you’ve come to mock me, then do so with your actual face.” The darkling stated as the real Shaco showed himself right behind him.

“What happened to you Noc? You used to be so much fun. That damn puppet really got to you, didn’t he? You’ve become just as boring as him.” The Demon jester sighted, not even trying to hide how bored he was about the subject.

“So is it bad that I am no longer a homicidal maniac? Is it bad that I don’t have to be locked up in that crystal after I am done with a match? If you talk bad about Fiddle I am gonna become your co-madman and split your body parts and insides all over the Institute, all over Valoran even!”

When it came to expressing anger, Nocturne was one of the finest, even if this example was quite in his control. The jester did not take that lightly.

“That so? Listen dust for brains, I may have openly admitted that the only thing I fear is that wretched scarecrow, but I have a newsflash for ya…You…are…NOT…him! So if you wanna go sleeping beauty, let’s go, right here, right now!” Shaco said as he poked Nocturne in his the chest plate.


The nightmare was just about to answer the challenge and go berserk on the jester, but was stopped by a sudden knock, followed by a voice.

“Am I interrupting something?” Leona was standing by the door, giving some of her own light to the black empty space of the room.

“What do you want?” Nocturne asked with a contemptuous tone.

“Yeah, we were settling something here.” Shaco filled up his part.

“What I want is to talk to you. As for your “something”, you can settle it in the upcoming match. So why don’t you beat it red nose?”

The somewhat threat slipped and was right on spot. Clown stereotypes had somewhat of a…negative effect on Shaco. The Demon jester mutered something to himself and did not even bother to wait for Leona to move away from the door, and just teleported right through her.

“What are you so eager to talk about spark fly?” the darkling asked as he looked at the shining champion of the sun.

“I hear you’ve giving summoners hell about finding the missing champions.”

“What of it?”

“I’ve been doing a campaign about finding them myself. Heimerdinger is already backing me up. Really wants that hunk’a bolts Blitzcrank back for study. Ezreal and Caitlyn will probably come on board too later on. I think that if you joi--”

Before she could finish her sentence the Living nightmare interrupted.

“What? You want someone else to join up and help you find your boyfriend?” Nocturne chuckled in a creepy sort of way. “Heimer is with you just so he can get the “greatest breakthrough in science” as he calls that golem. I am trying to rescue the being who helped turn my life for the better. You on the other hand are just looking for the guy that bangs your south sea from dusk ‘till dawn when you feel like it. Who to think the all so noble champion of the sun is so selfish, right? I guess that Diana had you Solari figured out quite well.”

Leona was stunned by the somewhat truthful monologue. All the courage and determination she had build up for the talk went to ruin after it. As she stared blankly with a shocked expression, Nocturne pushed her to get through. Once in the illuminated by torches hallway he said with a scaringly calm tone.

“You better be on your game today. I am mighty pissed and I don’t care from which team he or she will be, but I am going to take it all out on someone!” And left the silent warrioress behind, caged in her thoughts.



--



“Oh come on, come on, come on, come on….” Pinkie sounded like a broken record as she jumped all around. She was a lot more hyperactive than usual.

The four mares were gathered right at the border between Ponyville and the Everfree forest. Birds were giving their morning concerts as the wind gently passed through everything. Twilight caught her in a telekinetic field and lifted her from the ground.

“I…think you should clam down a bit Pinkie.” The purple mare stated.

“Honestly dear, how much time could it take Applejck and Rainbow Dash to get here? It is not polite to keep a lady waiting.” Rarity said, with a little bit of frustration in her tone.

“COME ON!” The trapped pink hurricane screamed, bursting with excitement.

“They better come here fast, cuss I don’t think I can hold her for much longer.” Twilight sighted.

“I know it is very important to find the meteors,…but..is it really a good idea to go in the Everfree forest?” The almost invisible Fluttershy, quietly spoke.

“Darling there is nothing to worry. But still we will need to visit Zecora for some bug repellent.”

“Yes we can do that. Her hut is on our way and I still need some time to finish these final calculations on the meteors’ trajectory.” Twilight agreed as she switched several sheets of calculations, maps and the barely stoppable force that was Pinkie.

“Hey ya’ll!” Applejack’s voice was heard from a distance.

“Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but AJ here had an argument with a scarecrow.” Rainbow Dash laughed.

“Really? Really? What did it say? What did his voice sound like? What was his name? Does he like parties?...” Pinkie continued to ramble.

After she could get to say something the southern style mare answered. “Sorry to disappoint ya sugarcube, but Ah haven’t been talking to no scarecrow. Me and Dash just saw one in the cornfields, which Ah had no memory of seeing there before and it seemed kinda odd to me. Still…sorry to keep ya’ll waitin’.”


And so with everyone there, the six mares began their journey. From the very moment they stepped out of Poniville a change was felt. The wind became slightly stronger, and the sky darkened. They went past the Poison joke field, and headed straight for Zecora’s. The brownish hut, surrounded by a few strange looking wooden masks, was dwarfed by the big trees it was stationed between. Twilight removed several layers of charts from her face and knocked on the door. A friendly face opened up.

“Hello Twilight Sparcle, and my dear pony friends. Come in, where have you headed with all these trends?” The pleasant rhymes of the zebra began the conversation.

As the group entered the hut, with its peculiar décor of masks, herbs and potions, their map pony answered.

“Hi Zecora, long time no see. Well if you saw last night’s meteor shower, you probably know that two meteors fell in the Everfree. We’re trying to find them.

“An interesting task indeed. What from me might you need?” Zecora asked.

“We, or at least I, was hoping that you have some sort of bug repellent I could borrow. I must say darling, the forest has this sort of charismatic, smashing décor but the creepy crawlies that live here have never been in my linking.” Rarity gracefully said.

“Yes I think I have a concoction that might have the desired effect. Pinkie do not drink that, it is something I’m still trying to perfect.” The zebra stopped the pink mare from drinking a purplish potion she randomly picked from a shelf.

Twilight yet again buried her face in a long sheet of paper with lots and lots of numbers on it.

“That’s quite the list. Here is your potion, is there anything else with which I can assist?”

“Thanks Zecora, this is good enough.” Rarity remarked.

“Say wouldn’t you like to come with us?” Pinkie asked.

“I am sorry, but I can not. There are matters here, that really tie me in a knot.”

“Too bad. We will be sure to bring you back a piece from the meteors!” Rainbow Dash stated with a smile and a wink, as she was flying in what space there was in the hut.


They went out in the forest, said their goodbyes with the zebra and headed towards the direction Twilight had calculated. All of a sudden Pinkie began to shake and jump up and down.

“Oh please don’t tell me.” Twilight sighted.

“We’re going to get in quire the DOOZY!” Pinkie responded. “And either Rarity is going to get hit by a coconut cream pie, or we are being followed.” Was the final forecast she made.

“A pie?!” Rarity squealed. After burying herself behind Fluttershy and Applejack she screamed. “Protect my mane!”

“Oh come now Rarity, even if you wanted to you would find no pie in miles.” Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

“But..if that’s the case,…does that mean..that we’re being followed?” Fluttershy barely said the sentence and it put Twilight in to thinking.

“There’re lots’a critters in the forest. You can say we’ve being followed ever since we stepped in.” The southern style mare calmed her yellow friend.

“Even so, remembering the last “doozy” Pinkie had predicted, I am somewhat scared to find out what this one will be.” Twilight confessed.

With that done they continued their journey through the dark “hallways”, surrounded by flora and fauna, of the Everfree.


Soon they went pass the ruins of the old castle of the two sisters. The broken stony walls, shattered windows, cut off bridge and the thick layer of mist that surrounded the old building brought creepy chills on the backs of everypony, aside from Pinkie. The memory of Nightmare Moon bringing them there and almost succeeding with her plans, added even more to that discomfort. Luckily they quickly passed by it. After about half an hour the purple unicorn told her friends that they were almost at there. The place where the supposed meteors should have landed was a small open grass land, around the center of the forest. As they approached, Fluttershy was getting nervous. Throughout the path, there were always sounds of animals around them, but the closer they got to their destination the sounds began to vanish, until at a point there was only the wind brushing through the leaves.

“Maybe we should leave.” Suggested the kind pegasus.

“Why? We’re almost there?” Her blue friend asked confusedly.

“I don’t know but I really, REALLY think we should go back!” She insisted.

“Alright we’re….here….”

Their guide’s excitement vanished as the grass land revealed itself before them. Instead of the expected craters from the meteors, Celestia’s sun was shining over some sort of purplish goo, that smelled really bad. At this point there was no sound of anything! Even the wind that travelled with them had been gone. With a mistrusting gulp, everypony stepped inside the gooey circle.

“Ugh, disgusting. And I thought getting hit by a pie was bad. Now my hooves are going to get awful.” Rarity squealed with repulsion in her tone.

“I think our hooves are the least of our problems.” Twilight replied. “Rainbow can you fly up and see if there is any sign of the meteors?” The unicorn turned to the pegasus.

“Ook…” Dash agreed with uncertainty.

As she flew up she noticed a big bump in the ground. The goo however made it unclear so she could not determine what it was.

“There is something up ahead, but I couldn’t get a good look at it.” She reported to her friends.

“Well I guess we should go and check it out.” Twilight sighted.

As they made their way through the sticky slime, covering the ground the view of the so called bump, made everpony’s manes straighten. Those were the lifeless corpses of several timber wolves covered by the goo. Rarity somehow managed not be reacquainted with her breakfast, and Fluttershy almost fainted.

“What in Celestia’s name happened here?” Applejack was stunned.


After a moment the ground beneath them began to shake. All of the mares got tossed at a distance by a giant creature that erupted from it. Its lower body was somewhat serpent like, the top was a small head with a strange mouth that had jaws on the side, connected to a very large neck, covered by spines. It had two arms, armed with giant scythe like claws. The ponies tried to run but their bodies were frozen in terror. The thought of this being their end came across all of their minds, as well as some short flashes of their whole lives.

Fluttershy barely managed to quietly say. “I knew we shouldn’t have come.”

As the monster approached closer, drooling from seeing the large amount of prey it had caught, something completely unexpected happened. Another creature charge-jumped from its side, kicked it in the face and landed on the other side. The second arrival seemed like a minotaur but the fact that it walked on two legs and had hands was the only thing the two species had in common. Its legs had three joints and two fingers. No tail could be found. The head was somewhat rhombus. It had no mouth and a long, thick black mane came out of its head. It wore some kind of golden armor with glowing blue crystals on it. The serpent monster immediately forgot about the ponies and turned towards its attacker. He on the other hoof straightened his arms and two shining blades came out.

“ENTARO TASSADAR!” Their two legged savior shouted at the beast, despite his lack of a mouth.

In response he only got but a hiss that transcended in to a roar. He charged again, and cut the giant serpent in the hip. It screamed with pain as it turned around and fired several of its spines against the gray skinned opponent. A few of them disappeared as they met the shining blue blades, but one found its way in the shoulder of its target. The gold wearing creature groaned and kneeled. The serpent charged towards him. The fallen creature raised its head and determined expression was shown. He jumped right at the giant monster. It swung its clawed arm as a response. The two legged creature crossed his blades and cut off the headed towards him limb. The serpent gave out a roar unlike any other they had heard, and some were ready to bet that even the manticores and hydras in the area began to flee from it. Both the cut off arm and the gray creature glided behind the monster. The blades of the creature that helped them disappeared. He grabbed the clawed arm and stabbed the serpent in the back. It fell on the ground groaning, until the victor jumped on the arm with which he had stabbed it, and thrusted it deep enough to nail the monster to the ground. It continued to struggle, until its opponent came in front of it. One of his blades reappeared and he stabbed the creature in the head, forever ending its life. Afterwards he proceeded to remove the spine, which fortunately had not pierced the armor, while glaring at the corpse with disgust.


Twilight and her friends lied shocked from what they had just seen. The one remaining alive walked towards them. He stopped in front of the purple unicorn.

‘Did he kill that thing so he could have us? Is he going to kill me now?’ That kind of thoughts ran rampant through her head as she blankly stared at him.

But instead he squatted, reached his hand and asked. “Are you hurt?”

For reasons unknown to her, the mare felt that she trusted him enough to reach her hoof towards his arm and reply panting slowly. “Yes…*pant* yes, we’re ok.”

As all the ponies stood up, Rarity slowly asked. “You…you killed it?!”

“Every abomination must be destroyed! If not by its creator, than by the executioner fate assigns to it.” The strange person replied.

“I’ve…never…seen anyone kill anything before.” Dash was thinking out loud again.

Their mysterious savior looked confusedly at her. He turned around and spoke to them all. “I will have to ask you to step off the creep.”

“What in the hay is creep?” Applejack asked.

“The purple substance you are currently standing on.” He sounded as an egghead just like Twilight.

His voice was very strange, as if he talked through a defective microphone.

“Why should we remove ourselves off this…creep?” Twilight was confused.

“Because I am going to purge everything on it.”

“There is no need. The local flora and fauna will take care of it.” Fluttershy mustered the will to speak up. But her recommendation was instantly refused.

“That is exactly what I’m trying to prevent.”


The six decided to listen and stepped off the purple gooey substance. The gray person took some sort of a devise from his arm plate, placed it in the center of the creep ring. He turned around and began walking in their direction, while pressing some buttons on his other arm plate. When he was off the creep himself, with a last pressed button the devise exploded. A giant blue light was emitted in the sky. When it ended nothing remained. The bodies of the timber wolves, the monster and all of the creep were gone. The grass land this once was, had returned.

“What did you do?” The curiosity of the science lover overwhelmed the purple mare.

“That devise was created to vaporize any zerg DNA it could find in a given radius, which I dialed in.” Was the explanation of it.

Rainbow Dash had putted on an angry expression and flew to the tall creature’s face. “Listen buddy, you have two seconds to explain yourself! What the heck is a zerg?! What the heck was all that with the Tassadar and the killing?! And most importantly who, or should I say what, are YOU?!"

“I am busy, but if you would follow me to my ship I would explain.” He turned and began walking away.

The sound of crows could be heard from the distance. Not the prettiest sound, but at least it was something. Determined to get to the bottom of this, Twilight and her friends followed.

‘If not anything, this was quite the doozy!’ The purple unicorn thought.



--


“Well that was intriguing. Maybe that two legged fellow can help us out.” Two glowing eyes peaked at the whole scene from the dark bushes of the forest. “These so called ponies are too peaceful. He is definitely not from this world. But I doubt he is from ours. I have never seen either the likes of his kind, this sort of fighting, and this kind of equipment.”

“Uncle Fiddle, what should we do now?” Annie wondered as she looked at the distancing figures.

“We need to press on with them, and see this thing to its end dear. Come on, we need to get moving.”



--



Pantheon was cuffed to a metal chair. The man with the white shirt walked back and forth in front of him.

“Ok fashion boy, I’m going to give you another chance. Tell me everything you know about our current location, anything about your associates and how did your partner get such an old fashioned suit.”

Pantheon looked him with contemptuous eyes and repeated that which he had been telling after every question.

“Pantheon ,the Artisan of war, of the Rakkor. Greatest warrior to ever grace the steps of the League with his presence.”

“Ugh, you are really going to do that?” The man asked.

“That is all I have to tell you, and it’s all I am going to tell you!” Pantheon said with a heavy strong voice. He then continued. “My mind is a brick wall.”

“Literally speaking!” Blitzcrank yelled from the other end of the room.

All the men in the mechanical suits as they came to understand, that were in the room gave out a laugh. Even Pantheon’s interrogador chuckled.

“Once I am free I am going to melt you down tin can!” The Artisan of war threatened his companion.

“Yes, well let me brighten this up for you o’mighty artisan of war, unless you start talking I don’t think our generous host here will even bother to look for the key.” The golem had undertaken a serious tone, if it could be called so. His voice made almost every word sound like a joke.

“You’d be smart to listen to your pall back there.” Their “host” stated, afterwards he asked a guy with a mechanical claw for an arm. “Swann, how close until you open him up?”

“Might actually be a while. How did you even manage to get inside? This stuff is sealed like with magic.” Swann was frustrated.

“Oh you don’t even know.” Yet another robotic chuckle came from the golem.

“Aight I think she’s opening up.”

The man with the claw used some sort of torch to cut through Blitzcrank’s chest plate. When he opened it up, everyone in the room, but the cuffed prisoner, gave out sounds of surprise.

“It…its empty…” Swann said.

“Nice observation. What, now you’re going to tell me that my buddy has a head under that helmet of his? Actually that is still under investigation.”

“But how could it possibly be empty?”


The awkward situation was broken as the doors opened. Nothing seemed to come through, but in a short moment after a red light a man materialized in front of them.

“I’ve got news brotha’. Bad ones.” He said.

“Spill the bean Tosh.”

Just as those words came out, something shaked the whole vessel.

“Those are it.”

“Attention everyone, we have engaged a Dominion squadron. Prepare for boarding!”

A voice announced the beginning of a battle throughout the ship.

“Oh great, this is just perfect!” The man in the white shirt said, as he began giving orders to his people. “Tosh gather what ever specters and troops you can and defend the cantina and the lab! Stetman and the rest of the crew will back you up!”

Without a second to spare the man had disappeared in thin air. He then proceeded to talk to a devise on his wrist.

“Matt if you can hear me, get the guards from the upper levels and defend the bridge, I’m on my way to you. Damn it, we shouldn’t have sent all those troops to buy us new schematics. We’re cut too thin!”

“You know…we could earn our keep, by helping you out. Believe it or not, but that dunderhead over there is quite the capable fighter.” Blitzcrank suggested. If he had a lively face, a smirk would probably be coloring it.

“Oh really? I don’t think that shield of his will do any good against bullets.”

“I have stopped bullets before, what difference will these be?” Pantheon asked.

“What if you put him in one of your fine suits? Will definitely be a major improvement of his current wardrobe.”

“Never!” A quick decline slashed through the air.

“Why not? They boost you physical abilities.” Swann was very confused.

“That is it. A true warrior needs nothing more than a good weapon and his own strength!”

“Your idea is actually not the worst I have ever heard…or made. Ok, if you help us defend our ship I will let you loose.” The so called “captain” of the ship agreed.

“We never got your name. If I am to fight for someone I should know who.”

“Name’s James Raynor, but you can call me Jim if you so like. Swann what how fast can you make a custom fit metal shell armor for our merc here?” “I might need arround twenty minutes. That fast enough for ya’ cowboy?”

“It’ll have to do. All right, I’ll put on mine and try to win you as much time as possible.”

Raynor said and went through a door that led to some sort of a bridge, surrounded by machinery. Once he got out he was inside an armor, like the ones of his guards.

“Ok, put that shield, spear and helmet of yours in that tank.” Swann referred to a big pool filled with a strange liquid as he uncuffed Pantheon. “There I’ll merge them with the alloy we use to make our vehicles. As for you, step in that capsule over there.”

The Artisan of war followed the instructions. As he left his weapon, shield and helmet to be improved, he went inside the capsule. It was very spacious from the inside. The man with the claw began to work a board with buttons and leavers. The tank with the liquid began to bubble. Inside several robotic arms covered Pantheon is some kind of thin layered coat. Once that was done, hot metal began to pour over his body. The covering protected him from it. Other tools began to nudge the metal on to his body. Water sprays began to either warm or cool his new armor at certain parts so they could be fitted more properly. Other, flexible materials were inserted at the joints of his arms and legs. After the whole process was over the capsule opened. From the tank a stronger helmet was extracted and cooled with water.


Jim was shooting his way to the bridge. More and more troops found their way against him.

‘Damn it, has Mengsk brought every Dominion unit here?!’ He thought as the next enemy fell.

He ran forward. As he stepped out from a corner he was cut off by a several non friendly marines, led by a ghost. When he tried to fire, the fact that he was out of ammo shined out.

“Take him down!” The stealthy assassin ordered.

A swarm of bullets was fired towards Jim, but they all fell on the floor, after meeting head on with Pantheon’s improved shield. Its bearer was fully covered with metal. The role model of Rakkor ferociously jumped at the small squad, deflecting bullets and speared every single one of them. The ghost managed to cloak himself but Pantheon had memorized his position. Just as the field made the assassin invisible the giant shield hit him and knocked him unconscious. After following the sound of the falling body, the bloodthirsty spear found its way in it.


“Well I’ll be…You are actually almost as good as you say, aren’t you?” Raynor said as Pantheon pulled him on his feet.

“You have no idea. Your boy Swann said you might need this.”

Jim received several clips of bullets.

“Now I will do my end of the bargain and help you, then we’ll talk.”

The Artisan of war pressed forward through the steel hallways with zeal. Every wall he went by was painted red and soon the lower decks where he began his spree, were covered by a carpet of bodies. Pantheon was overjoyed to be once again in the heat of battle. Only this time, the kind of battle which his elders taught him to fight in. The one in which, those unworthy to challenge him did not rise after he brought them to their knees.



--



Deep within the Everfree, a queen ordered one of her three workers to sacrifice himself so that she could have herself a palace like the ones her kind was engineered to create on every world they had found. During its construction, her hounds of war brought several creatures who would die, but the best of them would live on to serve her.