• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 2,491 Views, 73 Comments

The collapse of the universe - KRissCHu573



Time and space annomalies apear "left and right". What happens when peace and destruction

  • ...
6
 73
 2,491

Exchanging gifts, before goodbyes

The collapse of the universe




Chapter 12: Exchanging gifts, before goodbyes




Kassadin walked with the immortal to the chamber where the protoss were residing. In a minute they reached it, and entered, the door closing behind them. It was pitch black. The only things visible were the power lines on Aramanis’s armor, the bodies of T’Nodan and Moradar, the Void walker’s yellow eyes and the purple energy stripes he emitted on the floor.

Even if not seeing him, Kassadin felt that the aliens’ leader was present, so he spoke into the nothingness in front of him.

“You wanted to see me?”

“Yes.” Zeratul replied, two yellowishly-green eyes opening in front of the Void walker.

They hovered in the darkness, showing that the templar got up. Then the Prelate stepped forward at him. When he was an arm’s distance, Kassadin’s blade flashed between their faces, giving some more light to the room. Aramanis and Moradar flinched, but yet again returned to their stone positions once Zeratul raised his left arm. The dark templar blinked slowly, as he lowered his arm, before speaking calmly, completely unfazed by the sudden expression of hostility.

“You have potential. Through all my years I have never seen a mind such as yours.”

“Keep it straight grandpa. I don’t like drag outs.” The Void walker snorted.

The Prelate raised his right arm, summoning his blade, lighting the room in the mix of purple and green. He slowly waved it through Kassadin’s, the two energy blades’ tips touching. That of the magically changed man, disappeared, as if cut off, before it returned its original form.

“From what I’ve learned, the Void know to you is a place between dimensions. Strange, but our scientists never had any indication of finding such a thing.” Zeratul began.

“It is a place made, pieced together, and hidden by magic. No mere science could locate it.” Kassadin returned.

The protoss chuckled.

“The last thing one would call our science is mere. Because of its ability to appear throughout space, I fear that this false Void could be a threat to my people. I pierced into the mind of the terran known as Malzahar, but it told me very little. His thoughts were ravaged by the energy you two share, and aside from a few simple facts, only the orders and plans that were given to him were the only things I could unravel.”

“Again you are dragging this out.” The Void walker gave another snort. “Why did you want to speak to me?”

“Unlike his, your mind is preserved…and far more advanced than most I have seen on this world. Even the High Councilors barely near your level. You are something…extraordinary Kassadin. I am surprised that you have not undertaken the path of development like that woman Sona.” Zeratul said.

Kassadin gave a quiet laugh before speaking.

“Okay. First, Sona communicates with her thoughts only because she is physically unable to produce any sounds. And second, what? You want to just dig though my brain and excavate it? I’ve learned firsthand, that scholar work can be both destructive to the thing you try to research, and to yourself. Once such research lead me to the portal, connecting the Void with Runeterra. That’s when this happened to me.”

He showed himself with his left hand.

“My mind is not something for anyone to go through. Even I don’t know how I managed to preserve it. To be trapped inside of the Void…all of that dark energy…and the things that lurked in it…it is horror at its purest.” The Void walker looked down.

“I have come face to face with the so claimed horror at its purest before. One however,…was truly frightening. I saw something which made me feel the cold of the Void fill my being, sending a shiver down my spine.” (fyi when Kassadin says Void he talks about the one from LoL, and Zeratul speaks of the Void of the dark templar. If each wants to say the other Void, it shall be stated)

“And what could have scared you so?” The Void walker wondered.

“A vision, which came from a monstrosity. This vision was given to me by someone we had all though was lost. A vision…of the end of my people… of the end of everything.”

The serious looks of the two dark beings met. His curiosity got the best of Kassadin.

“May you reveal to me this vision?” He asked.

“I propose a trade.” The Dark Prelate said. “I will share the vision with you. I also give you my word that when I manage to contact my people, I will demand for this world to be put under the protection of the empire. In exchange of the secrets, locked away in your mind.”

Kassadin thought about this for a few moments, before nodding in acceptance, removing the magical barriers in his head. Then Zeratul put his hand on the Void walker’s forehead. In an instant, images started to go through his mind. At first a giant slimy eye appeared, and spoke with a slow, as if saddened tone.

‘On a distant shadowed world, the protoss will make their final stand. Their heroes will gather, their forces will be marshaled, and they will die bravely. But still…they will die.’

These words were accompanied by the images of thousands of protoss and their machinery, marshaling their forces for battle.

‘And my zerg, will be slaves…to the hybrid.’

Kassadin saw some slimy insect like creatures, which had some resemblance in appearance with those from the Void. They were thousands, thousands more than the protoss. Then what seemed like the unholy mixture of both protoss and zerg.

‘All will bow before the power, of the fallen one.’ The eye finished.

Next, Kassadin witnessed how Zeratul, several other champions and the remainder of the protoss fight against the zerg and hybrid. At the beginning of the vision the Dark Prelate, he was currently conversing with, said that all of the terrans were consumed. That deeply worried the magically changed man, as he and the people on his own world were technically terrans by protoss standards.

Several High Templar entered a mechanical vault, which was sealed deep into the planet, so they could preserve their knowledge for whoever managed to survive, or appear in the future.

Soon after that, the protoss began to fall. An admiral Urun was the first of the champions, whose life was ended. He simply stated before his ship was destroyed.

‘There’s just…too many of them.’

Not long after, while defending the ramps of their cliff base, Zeratul himself was gone, merely uttering.

‘If only, we had acted sooner.’

The protoss slew countless of the foul beasts and their fouler masters, but they would not stop coming. Next was the Dark Prelate Mohandar, whose ship was obliterated by the blasts of several hybrid destroyers and corruptors. Accepting his demise, he closed his eyes and spoke calmly.

‘I return to the Void.’

His words worried Kassadin for a moment, before he remembered that he did not speak of the abyss he was sent to. Their ground forces were completely annihilated, leaving only the ships. In several minutes the large capital ship, commanded by Executor Selendis was sent to the ground. She merely spoke in self pity.

‘Forgive me great Tassadar. I wasn’t strong enough.’

The last to fall was the mother ship, which housed the protoss’ leader – High Arc Artanis. The angered, in his failed attempt to help in any way, templar asked himself with an irritated tone.

‘Kerrigan. How could we have known?!’

That however did not speak anything to the Void walker, as this ‘Kerrigan’ person was not yet showed in the vision. Once the protoss were fully destroyed, all of the hybrid started to…self destruct, was what Kassadin could describe it as, power reaping from them in unimaginable amounts, obliterating everything around them. As that was happening, a darkened image with red glowing eyes spoke.

‘As I was your beginning…so shall I be your end!’

A wave of energy exploded through the universe, turning everything black, as the dark being continued.

‘Your light is expended. It. Is. Finished!’

The last thing which remained on the pitch black background was the burning red gaze of the mysterious being. Then…the eyes closed, leaving the whole of creation dark.

Zeratul had also had his share of visions from the Void walker’s mind. He saw a young terran scholar approaching some ancient ruins. There he was sent through a portal into utter darkness. Different energies began to fill his body, as all kinds of nightmarish creatures, concealed in void whispered in his thoughts. The man used every last bit of ‘magic’ he possessed to keep the foul influences of that place away from his head, in doing so, squeezing his eyes.

The voices, which spoke in a language, both old and powerful, however had left something in his mind. He saw how the nightmares feasted. They would pick a world, and help it develop to its full potential. Then, they would choose one, who would bring about their arrival. He would cause the beings of that world destroy each other, not bothering to see the danger from afar. Then, when the world was at its weakest, the darklings would burst out of hiding, and destroy everything, consuming every last bit of energy made by the destruction.

‘Malzahar.’ The Dark Prelate realized the role of the mage.

Eventually, in order to escape their grip, the man had to find the exit, so he opened his eyes. What he saw shook Zeratul’s whole being. A highly damaged craft entered the space between dimensions through a portal. Having enough of the mage, the nightmares rushed to it. The protoss recognized the craft from the old archives on Auir, before it was taken by the zerg. That was a Xel’Naga ship.

From the vessel, the creatures managed to rip out a figure, which was just as concealed in darkness as them. It was weak, and dying. The ship bore the scars of a zerg attack. Concentrating harder, putting himself in the very place of the man, he heard what the nightmares said to the new arrival.

‘This one is most interesting. What are you?’ A feminine voice asked.

‘I…’ He coughed. ‘…am the last of my kind...’ Another cough. ‘…at least from those that I used to know…’ He groaned.

‘You have been floating aimlessly through the dark of space for quite a while.’ A deeper voice said, his voice showing off his interest in the being. ‘What happened to you?’ The voice asked.

‘Ungrateful…*cough*…children…’ He replied.

Zeratul managed to hear the creatures giggling and chuckling, before several of them asked in union.

‘What would you give…to have vengeance?’

The being raised his head, and answered.

‘The destruction…of all!’

The creatures began to laugh, before another feminine voice spoke.

‘This one is serious!’

‘And capable of delivering!’ A male voice followed.

‘You shall have your vengeance!’ Another creature said.

‘And you shall feed us!’ Something else followed.

‘Until the end of eternity!’ Another continued.

They began to infuse the being with the energies of the false Void, healing him.

‘And you shall do so by bringing about…’ A new feminine voice said.

‘…The end of all…’ The being finished, its eyes started to burn in a hellish red.

‘No…!’ Was all Zeratul managed to utter, before the connection with Kassadin broke.

The two dark beings backed up a step.

“What…did I just see?” The Void walker asked.

“Exactly what I said. The end of my people, and everything else.” The Dark Prelate replied.

“At the end, the one called Artanis mentioned the name Kerrigan. Who’s that?”

All of the protoss in the room looked at Zeratul, before he explained.

“Kerrigan is the being, who now leads the zerg swarm. She brought about the destruction of many worlds, and the death of millions. But…” He sighted. “Without her leadership over the swarm, they will fall under the command of the hybrid, which will lead to the annihilation of all that we know. That is why, despite of her countless crimes, she must live.”

“I understand.” Kassadin said, before continuing. “I hope that whatever you found in my mind was useful.”

“It was. Apparently our sides of the galaxy are more connected, that we could have possibly imagined.”

Zeratul’s answer confused the Void walker.

“What do you mean by that?” He asked.

“The being which is to bring about out end is one of the gods, a Xel’Naga, and is also an agent of your false Void.” Was the answer.

“I do not understand. What are these “gods”?” The Void walker demanded for an explaination.

“The Xel’Naga are the ones who in a way, created both the protoss and the zerg. They shared their science and technology with us, but when we…strayed from the ways they had intended for us, they abandoned us. That of course angered our ancestors, so they killed many of them. The survivors at some point came across the zerg. They took great interest in their new discovery, and experimented on them. In a matter of weeks, the zerg had become the supreme species on their planet, assimilating every living being there. Not long after, they turned against the Xel’Naga, and consumed them. It was thought that all of them were destroyed, but somehow this one had managed to escape, and now seeks our destruction. While you were trapped in the false Void, the ship of this individual made it there as well, through some kind of portal. There the nightmares healed him, and gave him the start of his plan, in exchange, they would feed for eternity from the energy made by the destruction of the universe.” Was it.

“Wow. Never thought that the beginning of the end of all things was locked away in my brain.” The Void walker stated with a surprised tone.

“I am thankful that you agreed to allow me access to that information.” Zeratul said, before continuing. “I want you to have something, both because you could use it to develop your psyonic power, and because I feel that what I shared with you, was not as significant as that, which you shared with me.”

Then the dark templar walked to the immortal. A hatch opened on the back of the mechanical construct, filled with strange blue crystals. The Prelate took one, and walked to Kassadin, placing the crystal slightly above the wrist of his left arm. It formed a strange black gauntlet around itself and the arm, before changing its color to lavender.

“What is this?” The man, touched by the Void exclaimed.

“You use the energies of the false Void to create the blade on your right arm. This crystal has been dipped in psyonic energy. In order to use its power, you need to concentrate on projecting your own energy, not that of that accursed abyss.” Was the reply.

Kassadin focused his thoughts, and thrusted his arm forward, but nothing happened.

“How long it will take you to learn how to use it however…depends on you only.” Zeratul said.

The Void walker lifted his gaze from his wrist to the Dark Prelate.


--



“…a-a-nd then he t-t-told me to get you s-s-sir.” The summoner stuttered as he and Nasus walked down to Renekton’s cell.

“Are you certain? He spoke clearly, and didn’t threaten you even once?” The Curator of the sands asked.

He still couldn’t believe that his brother might be finally cured.

“Yes. I was just as surprised as you are.” The man replied.

In a minute they were in front of the metal door. The behemoth nodded to the summoner to open it. They walked in, and were met by the yellowishly-green stare of the Butcher of the sands.

“Can we have some privacy?” The reptilian immortal asked.

The man looked up at the jackal, who nodded in agreement. Then the purple cloaked man left the room, leaving the two immortal brothers alone. The two stared at each other in silence for a couple of moments, before Renekton spoke.

“I don’t know what your dark friend did, but it had effect.”

“I’m not entirely sure what he did as well.” Nasus confusedly said, before asking. “How do you feel brother?”

“Like I did, before the evil of the ones, who would misuse the knowledge in the Great Library, corrupted me.” The reptilian behemoth stated, before continuing. “I am so, so sorry for my actions brother. If it were not for my insanity, your students would not have had to sacrifice themselves, so that you could stop me.”

“Guilty you may be brother,…” Nasus said, opened the cage of his sibling, got in, and removed his enchanted locks.

Then he pulled Renekton on his feet, and embraced him in a hug, while saying.

“…but I do not blame you for anything.” Tears dripped from the jackal’s eyes.

The crocodile stood there, with a dumbstruck expression, and speechless, as the jackal’s arms tightened around him.

"I...I don't deserve this..." He mumbled.

"No. The monster that had taken over you does not deserve this. My brother deserves it more than anyone else." Nasus objected.

Renekton's eyes teared as well, as he returned the hug.

"Ahem."

The two soul eaters broke apart, turned around, and saw High Councilor Vessaria Kolminye. Now that she had their attention, she spoke.

"I am really glad to see that you two made up. So does that mean that our deal is complete?"

The Butcher of the sands looked with questioning eyes at his brother, before asking.

"What deal?"

Nasus sighted.

"I agreed that both of us would participate as League champions, until they cured you of your insanity. So now we are free to return to our world."

"Yes, a little more perfection of the runes we gave to the rescue parties we will be able to send you two back." The woman said, before continuing."That however will take us another day at the very least."

"It's better to know a certain amount of time, than to hopelessly wait." Nasus said.

"Come on brother. We don't have anything better to do, so let's have some fun." Renekton chuckled.

"Vessaria, there doesn't happen to be a match you can put us in?" He asked.

"As a matter of fact, there is." She said with a smile.


--



Zeratul stood, together with T'Nodan and High Councilor Kolminye, above a pool of water, and they watched the match that was currently taking place.

Cho’Gath was accompanied by the newest addition to the League. A strange being, that stunk of death. That was more than common for the ones that came from the Shadow Isles, but this one was different. The death he wriecked of was not your usual blood, rotting or burning flesh, but of the spirits that once inhabited such flesh with flowing blood. Something seemed kind of off about him, and Cho couldn’t quite put his claw on it. As they walked up the top lane, curiosity emerged victorious, and the Terror of the Void asked.

“What brought you here?”

“The request of a friend.” He replied, chuckled and continued. “And the chance to finish something.”

A smug mischievous smirk colored his metal like face. That only increased the large beast’s confusion. The minions marched in front of them. The one leading the wave was crushed by Nasus’s staff. The behemoth towered before them, even if a few heads shorter than Cho’Gath, and bore a happy grin.

“What’s the little puppy so happy about?” Thresh asked with a mocking note in his tone.

As if to give an answer, a giant curbed blade flew out of the bush, cutting down three minions.

“Because, you are about to…” The crocodile behemoth said.

“…regret making that comment.” His jackal sibling finished.

As the two lunged into battle, a small voice at the very back of the red giant uttered quietly.

“Uh-oh.”


The bot lane was currently the battle zone between Moradar and Aramanis, who were fighting Kog’Maw and Zed. The two champions capable of projectile attacks shot at each other, while giving cover fire for their partners. The Master of shadows, had insisted on going with the Mouth of the Abyss, because he wanted to see how good of a fighter was the zealot, he had heard so much praise for.

At this point his decision was getting him mighty pissed. The protoss had refused to even summon his blades, easily deflecting the dark ninja’s slashes, stabs and punches with just his arms and hands, while dodging the blades he threw at him.


At mid was what seemed like the oldest sight in the universe. Kassadin was yet again battling Malzahar.

“Why do you keep bothering in resistance, and not embrace your fate of bringing forth the end of this miserable world?” The seer harassed his opponent’s mind.

Like usual the Void walker paid little attention to the words of the mage.


They were about eight minutes into the match, when the first victim came. Moradar and Aramanis were taking on the offensive. The stalker had made several bad wounds on Kog’Maw’s body, forcing him and his teammate to back up. Because he could see through their minds, he took notice of Zed’s irritation of the zealot still not using his weapons. Given that he did not have that much of a need for them, Aramanis continued to keep them away, taking slight pleasure of the rage he made the ninja experience.

The worm like creature spit out a ball of ooze in order to slow their pursuers, but it would not hurt if one got crushed by it. Unfortunately for them, Moradar grabbed his partner, and blinked behind the spit out ball. Because Kog was too far away, and was kept there by the stalker, Aramanis hit Zed with several quick jabs in the gut, making him kneel, and then crunched the ninja’s neck with his bare hands(strengthened by the bio enhancers in his armor).

[FIRST BLOOD!] The loud voice announced.


Top was rocking hard. Both sides were unsuccessful at pushing their opponents. Two minions dropped souls, when they died. Thresh was eager to get them, so he threw his lantern forward, which was a mistake. Just when it landed, Renekton lunged forward, and stepped on the chain, stopping the Chain warden from pulling it back. Then Nasus smashed it with his staff. The souls leaked out, and were consumed by the soul eaters.

Then the Butcher of the sands grabbed the chain, and pulled Thresh to them. The ghost keeper was instantly slowed by the Curator of the sands' Wither, before taking a Siphoning strike to the chest. Cho was unable to assist his partner, because after the pull, Renekton double dashed, and slashed the Terror of the Void three times, due to his build up fury, and stunned him.

Near the brink of death, the spiritual being summoned five ghostly walls around himself, and as his back was facing the jackal, he swept his chain, pushing him back in it. Whatever relief that he had of escaping burned away, once the crocodile dashed at him, and swung his blade, slicing his head off.

[An enemy/ally has been slain!] Was heard throughout the map.

Now that he was alone, Cho'Gath retreated to his tower, awaiting Thresh's return.


In the following two minutes, the two touched by the Void were brawling. Kassadin's game was slightly slipping. He cut down a siege minion with his nether blade, not noticing the two pillars which appeared on both his sides. Two waves of purple energy hit the Void walker, subduing his magical abilities. That made him flinch, which gave Malzahar to swoop in, and assault his mind, before killing him.

The ground beneath the bladesman turned into a purple hole, when the Prophet of the Void kicked him in the back, making him fall on his arms. Then the hooded mage took the hand on which was his blade, twisted it back, forcing the purple blade to be unsummoned, because if it returned, it would puncture Kassadin's neck. As he was held in a pin, venom started to drip from Malzahar's concealed mouth.

"Pitiful. And you call yourself the keeper of balance? How could a weakling such as you even think, that he could stop the Void? Embrace it, without the power of the abyss, you are nothing!"

The words were suddenly silenced by another voice, which came in Kassadin's head.

'He is wrong. You are stronger than that vile, twisted version of darkness.'

'Zeratul?' The Void walker thought as he recognized the voice's owner.

'Remember, it is only you, who can either turn the mage's words into weapons, or into meaningless waste of his breath.' The Dark Prelate continued.

Vessaria Kolminye questioningly eyed the highly focused expression on the templar's face.

'What are you doing?' She wondered.

Kassadin heeded the protoss's words, and concentrated. As Malzahar continued to ramble, while the purple hole beneath them slowly took away the Void walker's life, he lifted his left arm, staring at the gauntlet that was on it. As the Prophet of the Void finished his monologue.

"Face it, you have no hope, nor chance of victory!"

Kassadin exclaimed. "I disagree!"

A second blade appeared from the gauntlet on his left arm, and he stabbed it in Malzahar's face. The mage's grip weakened, as the purple hole disappeared, and his body fell lifeless to the ground. Zeratul's eyes showed a look of pride.

'This terran really is promising.' T'Nodan mentaly said to the Dark Templar.

'Yes, he is indeed.' The Prelate replied.

[An enemy/ally has been slain!] [An enemy/ally has been slain!] The loud voice announced twice, because just as Kassadin proved Malzahar wrong, Thresh had pulled Nasus with his chain, giving Cho'Gath the chance to land a successful rupture.

A spike pierced through the behemoth’s full body height. At bot things weren’t smooth either. Kog’Maw was heavily targeted by the two protoss.


The voidling and the shadowy ninja did their best to protect themselves, managing to take the aliens’ shields. Making the mistake to turn around, and spit out a ball of ooze, cost the Mouth of the Abyss his life to the shots of the stalker. The two tosses got distracted by the kill, giving Zed the opportunity to land a Death Mark on the stalker, summoning several shadow clones of himself, stabbing Moradar several times. When the mark triggered and exploded, the stalker was nearly dead. The two aliens targeted him, not noticing a bubbling mass with leaking purple goo run right next to them. It was too late to evade it.

[DOUBLE KILL!]


In the next fifteen minutes, the score was 25 for the team of the aliens, soul eaters and Void walker(team blue), and 23 for the voidling, mage, ghost and ninja(team purple).

Team blue were in the lead with a tower, but their opponents had two successful dragon kills. The next team fight was at hand, the outcome of which depended who would take the mid inhibitor turret. The now bigger than a nexus Cho’Gath engaged first, followed by the cover fire of Kog’Maw.

Nasus and Renekton began to drain the souls of their opponents, enlarging themselves to but two heads shorter than the red beast. The crocodile lunged inside of the enemy team, spinning his blade, and stunning the Prophet of the Void. Thresh summoned his box, making things harder for the enemy team. Zed finally got his wish, and Aramanis summoned his blades. Unfortunutely for the purple team, the zealot charged from Nasus's right, and under Cho, cutting through the beast's left leg.

The Terror of the Void collapsed on the ground, getting his skull crushed by the enlarged behemoth's staff. Just as the protoss emerged from the other side of Cho'Gath's leg, Thresh hooked him with his scythe, before a ball of ooze left a gaping hole in his chest. Then Aramanis disappeared in a cloud of energy. Kassading rift walked inside of the enemy team, immediately targeting Kog'Maw, but the instant he appeared, Malzahar caught him in with his Nether Grasp.

Just as life left the Void walker's body, Renekton cut off the Prophet's head, leaving the two touched by the Void dead. Thresh yet again threw his scythe, yanking Moradar. The Mouth of the Abyss went in for the kill, but just as he went in, a giant staff smashed him into the ground. Next the two soul eaters focused on Thresh. Along with the stalker, they surrounded the Chain warden. A mischievous smirk crept on the ghostly being's face, as he summoned the pillars, which made his box, trapping his opponents inside.

The stalker noticed that the bubbling, goo dripping corpse of Kog was right beside them. This time however, Moradar was prepared. He grabbed both of his allies, and blinked outside of the box with them. The wormlike creature exploded, taking Chain warden with him.

[Um…EXE-CUTED!...I think?] The loud voice was confused.

Before the three survivors could focus him down, Zed emerged on top of the stalker’s back, and stabbed it in the head. Each of the now in their normal size immortal brothers, grabbed the Shadow master’s arms, and ripped him in two.

[DOUB—Wait. Hmm…This is a…du—al kill…maybe?] The announcer was getting mentally harassed by these kinds of things.

The soul eaters ran straight for the enemy base, not bothering with the minions. They quickly smashed the inhibitor, and made for the nexus turrets. The towers blasted away, but the behemoths were too durable for them. Their empowered by trinity force attacks dealt tons of damage, bringing down the two stone structures, and they focused the nexus. It exploded just when Cho'Gath respawned, and a single line of though went through his mind.

‘Oh not again.’

[VICTORY!/DEFFEAT!]

The loud voice announced the end of the match. After they were returned to the Institute, Nasus and Renekton put a hand over each other’s shoulder, while giving out a loud laugh.

“Oh I had forgotten how much fun it was to fight alongside with you brother!” The jackal exclaimed.

“And I had forgotten how nice it was to fight while being sane!” The crocodile replied.

The teammates were met by Zeratul and T’Nodan. Just before the templar could say something, the jackal grabbed him, Aramanis and Kassadin in a hug, and said.

“You guys are coming with us to the mess hall, our treat.”

“That is not necessary.” The zealot stated, before continuing. “We sustain ourselves with crystals which radiate psyonic energy.”

“And you know I can consume magic from around me.” The Void walker added.

“Oh come on you stuck ups. We have an occasion to celebrate for, plus one does not simply say no to an immortal.” Renekton stepped in.

‘Are they always like this?’ Zeratul asked Kassadin mentally.

‘No, usually the crock wants to either strangle, gut open, and or to spread his brother’s insides all around the world, and the dog desperately tries to cure him of his madness. But this is different.’ Was the reply.

‘I believe I “cured” him.’ The Dark Templar said.

‘Well in that case it will be better for us to not deny them. I mean, the guys are pretty dangerous.’

‘If you say so.’

As always the conversation lasted no more but a moment. All of the protoss and the void man sighted in union.


--



The mess hall tables were occupied by both summoners, and champions, who were currently at the institute. Almost everyone was speaking about the match that had just ended. On a single corner table, Sona sat alone, and chugged down a mug of ale.

‘Oh yeah, you keep on chattering down, nobody bother even sitting with the silent girl.’ She thought with an angry expression.

But in a moment it softened into a saddened one.

‘Oh I’d kill for some company right now.’ She thought, and lifted the mug again, closing her eyes.

All of a sudden, something rocked the table. The Maven of the strings almost chocked as her peepers opened up. The four aliens, along with Kassadin and the two soul eater brothers had barged in on the bench in front of her.

‘Wait…the two of them?’ She narrowed her gaze, then, all of a sudden she jumped back realizing that the Butcher of the sands was there.

“It’s alright Miss Sona, he isn’t what he used to be.” Nasus calmed her down.

Mistrusting, she got back on her seat.

“You know, I’ve been feeling really weird, ever since the match. Like there’s been something unlocked in me.” Kassadin said.

“That’s because you are rejecting the energies of the false Void, and you are starting to use your own.” Zeratul said.

‘Great, the guys that can hear me have made Kassadin nuts, and possibly those two.’ The maiden thought.

“Wait…Sona…did you just talk?!” The Void walker exclaimed.

‘What the hell are you talking about?’

“I can hear you talk!”

‘Seriously?’ She gave a deadpanned expression.

“What are you talking about?” Renekton asked, as he took a bite from a roasted cow leg.

“Zeratul, is by any chance, hearing other beings’ thoughts part of the psyonic thing?” Kassadin asked.

The Dark Prelate returned a nod. All of a sudden, four more people joined in, sitting next to Sona.

“Well, ain’t this a surprise.” A ninja in a green suit said.

“You two…” A one in a blue suit spoke up, pointing at the behemoths. “…That ripping Zed in two, couldn’t have done it better myself.”

“Thanks…I guess?” Nasus replied as he took a sip from his drink.

Between the Fist of shadow and the Maven of the Strings sat a woman with black hair, tied into a ponytail, which wore a very scarce fur outfit, and a small person in a purple suit with yellow stripes.

"We shall be taking our leave." The Dark Prelate said. "Vessaria Kolminye has informed us that, that the summoners are making progress on our return, but they need our presence, to fixate on our energy signature, so they can find at the very least, the sector of the galaxy, from which we came from." Was the answer to the questioning gazes the Templar had gathered.


Then the protoss left the mess hall. The champions eyed each other. Sona put on a questioning look on her face, and pointed at Kassadin.

'So, let me get this straight. You and those guys, are the only people who can hear me, they are going to leave in a day or so, and you won't be going anywhere for a while, correct?' She asked him mentally.

"Yes, your point is?" The Void walker replied deadpanned.

The Maven of the strings put her right hand in her robe, through her cleavage, and pulled out a sack of gold coins. She tossed it on the table, and again pointed at Kassadin, thinking.

'You're hired.'

"What in the darkest pits of the Void do you mean hired?!" He exclaimed.

"Ooooooh." Nidalee said, as she put her hand over her mouth.

A death glare from the Void walker however, made her but her hand back down, and she sipped from her drink in silence.

"Hired for what exactly?" He repeated his question.

'From now on, you are my personal speaker.' Was the reply.

"Are you kidding me?!" The man exclaimed once again.

'What? Gold not good for you? Maybe you want a full pay?' The Maven asked, and grabbed her robe, but just as she was about to unveil her cleavage, which Shen and Kennen couldn't wait to happen, Kassadin threw both of his hands forward in a stopping position, before speaking.

"NO, no, STOP! Fine I'll take the job. Gold is fine, just don't go that far, okay?!"

Letting go of her robe, and with a warm smile on her face, Sona gave a nod in approval.

"Ooooh." The two ninja guys sighted, and leaned on the table.

"What do you mean Ooooh?" Akali asked with a deadly cold note in her tone.

“Nothing, nothing at all." They said in union, instantly straightening their backs.

'Actually, why are you hanging with them Nid?' Sona thought.

Then looked with irritation at Kassadin, who sighted in defeat, and repeated her words.

"Because I'm having some problems at the moment, and I need to do something, to take them off my mind." The Bestial huntress replied.

'And what could that be? I mean, what could possibly bother one of the most straight up gals in the League.' The Maven put on a sly grin.

After her words emerged with the Void walker's annoyed voice, Nidalee kinda snapped, and yelled.

"Well let's see how you do, WHEN YOU ARE IN HEAT, IT's MATING SEASON, AND YOUR GUY IS NOT ARROUND! And before you ask, NO! I can't get myself another one, cuss when Rengar comes back, he will probably skin me alive!"

Both Sona and Kassadin had put on dumbstruck faces, and had slightly leaned backwards, before he said.

"Sorry for asking."

"Well you should." The huntress deadpanned at the musician.

"Actually, both of us said that in union." The Void walker cleared out.


"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT YOU BITCH?!" The group turned their gazes behind the ninjas, who were sitting next to Nidalee and Sona, and saw how Morgana was yelling at her sister.

"Such language. Young lady you are grounded!" Kayle stated loudly.

Just like when she was not in a match, the blond angel like being, still wore her armor, but not her helmet.

"What the hell? I am an all powerful mistress of darkness, you can't ground me!" Her sister protested.

"This isn't a debate Morgana. You are grounded, and that's final!" Her elder sister said, took her hand, and dragged her out of the mess hall.

"NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I WILL KILL YOU, YOU SORRY BITCH! YOU HEAR ME?! I KILL YOU!!!"

"Stop it sis, you're making a scene." Kayle managed to say, before the two were out of the other champions and summoners’ hearing range.

"Aah, she’s both so beautiful, and knows how to take charge." Nasus sighted, with a dreamy grin on his face.

Everyone on the table stared at him with surprised looks.

"Bro, I never knew you had it for the angel." Renekton said.

"Come on brother, don't tell me, that from all the time we've been here, you haven't got your eye on someone." The jackal teased.

"Well..." The crock chuckled.

"If I have to be honest, her sister has been giving me ideas."

This time even the Curator of the sands was mindblown by the statement.

"You are into Morgana? Seriously?" Akali asked.

The Butcher of the sands shrugged.

"What can I say. I have a thing for the feisty ones."

Author's Note:

Hey guys. I bring you this quick and spacious update, because I wuv ya(no hommo), aand...because I will probably not be abble to post anything in the next month.
Anywho, when I first started to dwell deep in League lore, and found out how the Void fed itself, this weird game mix theory of the Dark Voice being connected to them emerged in my mind. I toss it out here, and see what happens.
Like, favorite, comment and follow.
Feedback is always appreciated! ;)