• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 859 Views, 17 Comments

A Blaze Brought Forth Again - Tyler-the-Brony



A Brother Returns to Equestria, an army behind him, and hatred in his heart.

  • ...
18
 17
 859

Part 4-1

The Gathered and the Sabrei

Chapter 1: The Letters and the First Fires

“We must gather all our forces immediately if such is the case! Such a danger to Canterlot and the Princesses cannot go uninvestigated!” Rafiq shouted up from his place amongst the Captains of the Royal Guard.

Princess Celestia had called an immediate Meeting of all Royal Guards as soon as she had secured Luna’s safety as best she could. Princess Celestia had even personally requested that Crimson Edge return to grant his wisdom to the new generation of Royal Guards.

“And what do you suppose we do exactly colt? If all of us head out to hunt down Blaze Bringer, who we don’t even have a location on yet, then in what way are we doing our job?” Crimson Edge bit back against the son of one of his bets friends, the resemblance uncanny.

“Our duty is to protect the Princesses! We cannot do that properly whilst this Blaze Bringer holds a weapon that can hurt Princess Luna from distances we can’t even fathom!” Rafiq yelled back, his anger overpowering his own normally well balanced logic.

“You dumb foal. Our duty is to protect Canterlot and all its civilians, not just the Princesses. What would the Princesses rule over if there was no Kingdom eh?” Crimson Edge growled at rafiq, his patience near gone with the young Captain.

Rafiq stuttered for a few moments, and then fell silent as he went about smashing his shield once upon the ground as a symbol of his promise to not go beyond what he cannot refute.

“Good. Now listen up. We’re indeed going to go out and look for Blaze Bringer. If nothing else to at least finally get definitive answers as to his whereabouts and current state of body and mind. But we need to set up protective measures that will protect Canterlot while we’re gone.” Crimson Edge explained, hoping the others had ideas of their own to contribute.

“We need the Elements of Harmony in that case. They can protect Equestria in our stead for sure.” Sky Wing spoke up from the crown, enticing nods from many of the other Guards present.

“The Elements of Harmony are indeed powerful, but they are not fast or reliable enough to protect Canterlot on their own without any additional resources. The battle against the Changelings and Discord proved that. We will need additional replacements.” Shining Armor contradicted the young Sky Wing, hating himself for truly not believing his little sister alone could protect their birthplace.

“Who else do we call then? Does anypony know some other ponies we can call to help?” Peach spoke up at last, turning his head at all angles to look for any and all responses to his question.

“We could call the Ponyville Repair Ponies as they’re sometimes called. They’re not the best fighters, but they could build defenses for Canterlot to make up for it.” The Guard named Scabbard called out from the crowd.

“Who all is on this supposed team?” Zuli questioned Scabbard, hoping the numbers he could state would be sufficient.

“Let’s see…There’s Clockwork Sprocket, Quick Fix, Diamond Bolt and…Nova Fusion I think I’ve heard them called in passing. I’ve never met any of them personally, but I’ve heard lots of impressive things.” Scabbard replied, eliciting murmurs from the other guards as a name or two was recognized.

“We shall call them then. Any other suggestions?” Celestia called out, worry very clear in her regal voice.

“I know of one more. My sister Cream may be able to help. I’ll write to her. I also seem to recall hearing that this Diamond Bolt is a member of the band Feather Blaster, so we’ll have to contact them as a whole I’d guess.“ Peach concluded, hoping his contributions would tip the scales enough.

Celestia stayed in thought for a few long moments before answering the Royal Guards as a whole.

“Very well. Contact all the ponies we have just named and tell them to arrive in Canterlot post haste with as many other ponies and supplies as they’ll need for a lengthy stay. My godson Breeze Rider must be called as well. He possesses my former gift of Premonition. I can think of nopony better to assist those already named. Do not delay in accomplishing these tasks. The fate of my sister and Equestria itself may lie in the balance.” Celestia drifted off near the end as the Guards dispersed, her eyes appearing to have lost some of their natural glow as she did so.

***

“Phew. Finally all set up down here. How about you Pinkie?” Waffle called up from his crowning party supply, a Portable Ice Cream Grotto Bar, to Pinkie Pie who was currently preparing all her Party Cannons to fire a mixture of confetti, cupcakes, and muffins at the end of the Feather Blaster concert.

“Everything’s basically ready on my part. How’re the decorations Bamo?” Pinkie called up to her little sister, who was currently borrowing what Pinkie called her “Balloon Belt” to attach decorations across the top of the stage Feather Blaster and Octave Swell would soon be occupying.

“Really good Pinkie! I’ve just got a couple more left, and then I’m all good. One of us should go tell Shift that we’re ready shouldn’t we?” Bam called back down as she finished attaching the last of her Glow Bracelets to the stage.

“I heard my name.” A voice rang out from below the 3 decorating ponies, causing all of them to look down to where the crowd would form to see the manager of Feather Blaster, Shift Appear.

“How do you always seem to show up right when somepony says your name?” Waffle laughed as he set about putting down his Bar Rags to go and greet the Pegasus that was giving him such great business today.

“Maybe you’ve got your own Pinkie Sense.” Pinkie bounced down, carefully guiding Bam down alongside her.

“Maybe Pinkie I’ve never wondered it myself. In any case, what were you talking about when you mentioned me?” Shift smiled at the silliness of these Ponyville ponies.

“We were just gonna go get you. We’re all set for the Concert.” Bam told him, happier than even Pinkie at organizing her first Ponyville-Wide scale event.

“Excellent! I’m happy to hear that. Now let’s talk details for the Finale…” Shift began, only to be cut off by a large bellow from behind him.

“Shift!” Diamond Bolt yelled from behind Shift, clearly startling all the other ponies present. Diamond Bolt landed quickly behind Shift, Skeptic and Violet not far behind him.

“What is it? You rarely react that worriedly Diamond Bolt.” Shift asked Diamond Bolt, worried by why it wasn’t just Diamond Bolt that looked worried.

“We’ve been called to Canterlot. As a whole, though they specified Diamond Bolt in the letter.” Skeptic explained, eliciting a surprised look from Shift and Waffle.

“Canterlot? Why in Equestria would they call us there as a whole? Don’t they know today is our Finale?” Shift asked aloud, hoping for a bit more clarification from his band.

“They apologized for interrupting our joint Finale with Octave Swell, but they said this absolutely can’t wait. They’ve already sent a train for us. It will be here early tomorrow morning the letter said.” Violet spoke up, her eyes full of as much wonder as Shift’s were.

“What about Octave Swell?” They don’t have enough to put on the Finale by themselves.” Waffle spoke up, wondering just what to do now.

“Octave Swell got a letter too. From the looks of it, quite a few ponies that are currently in Ponyville are being redirected to Canterlot. I really think we have to go.” Diamond Bolt added, truly wondering just who in the entirety would be accompanying them to Canterlot.

“I see,” Shift began, before turning around and talking to Pinkie, Bam, and Waffle. “Well, I’m very sorry for this, but it seems the Finale is going to have to go on hold until at least when we get back. I hope this isn’t too much of an in…” Shift attempted to explain, before two shouts with a similar level of adrenaline to Diamond Bolt shot up over him.

“Pinkie! Are you there? Princess Celestia has called for us.” Twilight called up to the stage, Rarity and Fluttershy by her side as well.

“Please Pinkie. It’s a really serious thing we’re coming to get you for.” Fluttershy added, her normal level of worry seeming to have left her and having been replaced by a far great subconscious fear.

“I’m afraid we have to go somewhere Pinkie Pie. Truly sorry for this interrupting your catering of the Finale, but considering what Sweetie Belle told me, I’m certain it’s on hold no?” Rarity concluded, just as Pinkie jumped down beside her, Bam only a few seconds behind.

Pinkie breathed heavily for a moment before answering her best friends, her hair seeming to deflate a little as she did.

“I have a bad feeling I already know all about this girls.” Pinkie stated quickly as she and all the other ponies present nodded and began to wonder and worry just what Canterlot might bode for them.

***

“Pathetic. And you all once nearly conquered Canterlot?” Blaze Bringer spoke to the Changelings on the ground before him.

“What…what have you come here for?” A Changeling named Sickle spoke up weakly from the ground near Blaze Bringer.

Blaze Bringer looked at Sickle for a short moment, and then sauntered slowly over to the young Changeling so as to answer him.

“You ask what I have come for? I have come for an army that can destroy Equestria.” Blaze Bringer explained, his face mere inches away from Sickle’s.

“Then why attack us? We nearly destroyed Canterlot once as a whole…” Sickle attempted to barter with the dark alicorn, only eliciting a harsh smile from Blaze Bringer.

“I have two reasons for you Changeling. The first is this. You believe you nearly destroyed Canterlot? I think not. You nearly conquered Canterlot. Those are not the same thing whatsoever. The second reason is this. You are not my army yet. You still belong to Chrysalis.” Blaze Bringer began, his voice echoing malevolently throughout all the Changeling’s ears and minds.

Blaze Bringer paused for a moment to step a few feet away from Sickle so that he would have nothing but open ground around his immediate being.

“I will change that fact though.” Blaze Bringer laughed as he stomped heavily upon the ground, the flames that created his body spreading through the ground around him and into the Changelings bodies as well.

As the flames made contact with each Changeling, they changed the Changelings into entirely new creatures of Blaze Bringer’s design. The Changelings also lost all conscious thought except for automated responses if needed, becoming now nothing more than mechanical soldiers dedicated solely to assisting Blaze Bringer in his dark quest of Domination and Destruction.

“As of now, you will be called the Sabrei. You are now the First Battalion of my Conquering Army. Under my rule, we will destroy all. If you fail me, the penalty is eternal banishment from reality itself. You will cease to exist. Do you all understand this?” Blaze Bringer spoke from above the creatures once called Changelings.

“Yes Master.” The Sabrei spoke as a whole, their bodies now only individual conduits for one great mindset.

“Good. Then next, we head to Zebrika.” Blaze Bringer smiled as he prepared to lead his army against its first obstacle to Equestria.