• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 863 Views, 17 Comments

A Blaze Brought Forth Again - Tyler-the-Brony



A Brother Returns to Equestria, an army behind him, and hatred in his heart.

  • ...
18
 17
 863

Part 2-3

Unknowing Citizens: Ponyville Parties

Chapter 3: Sweet Surprises

“One butterscotch cone with sprinkles please.” Dinky came up to Waffles with Cheerilee to reward herself for another week’s great work as Cheerilee’s Assistant Teacher.

Waffles smiled down at the young mare who had very quickly become one of his best and favorite customers ever since she had enrolled in Cheerilee’s class well over 6 years ago now.

“Sure thing Dinky. Anything for you today Cheerilee?” Waffles asked Cheerilee as he prepared Dinky her ice cream cone.

“Hmm. I think I’ll have a two scoop cherry cone please. I do feel like celebrating today.” Cheerilee told Waffles, smiling at the colt that had barely left the school grounds from her very own class, similar to what she had done.

“A rare treat for you Cheerilee. What’s the special occasion if you don’t mind me asking my former classmate?” Waffles asked Cheerilee as he handed Dinky her Ice Cream and set about preparing Cheerilee’s own next.

“You didn’t hear? I would’ve thought that you were one of the ponies Pinkie would’ve told first.” Cheerilee questioned Waffles as he quickly finished her preparing her cone and handed it to her.

“Pinkie Pie? She did mention an event I can help out with alongside Sugarcube Corner tomorrow, but she didn’t give me any specifics other than just that. What’s going on exactly?” Waffles asked Cheerilee as he set about cleaning his stand and preparing to close shop for the night as Dinky was always his last customer on a Friday.

“Sweetie Belle is coming back to Ponyville for the Finale of her big tour with Vinyl Scratch and Octavia! She’s even doing a joint performance with Feather Blaster!” Cheerilee clapped her hooves together, her excitement at seeing one of her former students again showing greatly in her demeanour.

“Sweetie’s coming back to town eh? Well, that event is certainly gonna draw a crowd and a lot of business for me and Pinkie if that’s the case. No wonder she got me to join in.” Waffles smiled at the antics of his pink business partner, wondering exactly what crazy thing would be around the corner next for Ponyville after this concert.

***

“Great work today Cream. I wish we’d had you on staff a few years ago back when Breeze Rider crashed outside of town.” Jonas Saltlick told his fellow unicorn surgeon, ushering a mild blush from Cream.

“Thank you very much Dr. Saltlick. Though I doubt I’m really as great as everypony keeps telling me I am.” Cream pawed the ground gently, still not used to the showering of gratitude that was common behaviour of near everypony in Ponyville.

“Nonsense. And I’ve said it’s okay to call me Jonas when we’re off work Cream. You need to start becoming more confident in your skills as a doctor and a unicorn. After all, you were one of the prime innovators of the Cloud Walker spell. That was a huge leap forward in magical evolution for all ponykind.” Jonas Saltlick answered Cream, hoping he could at least help Cream to feel slightly more confident in herself so that she could become even better than she already was.

Cream openly blushed at that compliment, seeing as she had merely been one of three ponies behind the spell and few very rarely acknowledged her openly as part of the team due to a lack of information about the exact team behind it.

“Thanks to that spell, we’re able to send unicorn and earth pony specialists to Cloudsdale and Neighagra Falls, places they were never able to get to before. It’s helped numerous ponies, four noteworthy ones right here in Ponyville that I’m certain would thank you if they knew you had created the spell.” Dr. Saltlick concluded as he saw a smile spread across Cream’s face as she truly began to realize the impact her work had on Equestria.

“Thank you again Dr. Saltli- Jonas. I guess sometimes you need a little help to see the Everfree Forest for the trees huh?” Cream laughed at her own joke, certain that Crème Brulee would love to hear that one on his next visit or in Cream’s next letter.

“Always glad to help. Have a good weekend Cream.” Dr. Saltlick called out as Cream waved back at him as she trotted out the door and on to the road towards home as her shift at last ended.

Cream smiled to herself as she walked home, even neglecting to notice that she had mail at first. Once Cream did notice though, she went to her mail box and opened a very thick and official looking envelope written in somewhat familiar handwriting.

As Cream finished the letter, she was both happy, shocked, and confused as she decided to utter one sentence aloud just to confirm she had indeed read what she thought she had.

“Why in all of Equestria would Peach write to me now and want me to come to Canterlot tomorrow and meet Princess Celestia along with him and the other Lieutenants and Captains of the Royal Guard?” Cream greatly wondered as she began to re-read the strange letter as she slowly trotted back towards Ponyville and the train terminal.