• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 863 Views, 17 Comments

A Blaze Brought Forth Again - Tyler-the-Brony



A Brother Returns to Equestria, an army behind him, and hatred in his heart.

  • ...
18
 17
 863

Part 1-1

Embers of Time: The Charred Past

Chapter 1: A Change after the Wedding


Chrysalis screamed as Shining Armor’s shield spell empowered by the love of Cadence pushed her from what she knew to be the boundaries of Equestria. Eventually, she was fully separated from the remainder of her subjects as the spell continued to propel her forward.

Eventually, Chrysalis felt herself stop near abruptly outside a large cave that appeared to be in the dingiest area of all of Equestria. As she stopped, Chrysalis heard one short statement before she blacked out due to the quickness of her halting.

“At last. I’ve waited for you for a very long time…” A deep voice spoke from below where Chrysalis lay, now unconscious.

***

Chrysalis stayed what could be called asleep for many hours, now under the care of the owner of the mysterious voice. Eventually, Chrysalis would awaken within the cave where she had crashed and become startled as to how exactly she had been brought within the cave itself.

“Where is this? Who are you? How dare you imprison the Changeling Queen!” Chrysalis berated the mysterious equine creature near the entrance of the cave.

The mysterious equine smiled, happy that Chrysalis was awake at last.

“You are in no way imprisoned Chrysalis. I merely brought you in here with my magic after you crashed into my protective barriers around what you could call my home. And before you begin to ask basic questions, yes I know who and what you are, what you do, and what you have just done to Canterlot.” The stranger spoke up, moving into the light and allowing Chrysalis to glimpse his form for the first time.

The stranger was clearly a pony, or at least had a shape similar to that of a pony. He had a navy blue coat and a stark white mane, but he was also scarred severely all over his body, from his hooves to his face. He also had several strange markings interwoven within his form; markings that looked like they should not naturally be there. There were also 2 severe scars at the beings sides as well as the fact that his horn was destroyed. Chrysalis cringed at the sight of this…being.

“Hmph. So I can make even a Changeling cringe with my appearance eh? I suppose I should’ve expected that reaction, but even after so many years it still hurts.” The being spoke to Chrysalis, his voice betraying the age of many lifetimes and a great amount of sadness.

“What…What are you?” Chrysalis asked the being, unsure of how else to bother wording her question.

“I am many things. A wingless Pegasi. A hornless unicorn. A powerless Alicorn. But most importantly, I am Blaze Bringer.” Blaze Bringer explained to Chrysalis, knowing that the time for him to act would come very soon.

“Blaze Bringer? You say you are another alicorn. I had no idea there were others aside from the three princesses I met.” Chrysalis stated, earning what could be called either a grimace or a smirk from Blaze Bringer.

“Many have forgotten me. Even after all I did for Equestria. After everything…” Blaze Bringer’s face betrayed sadness for a moment before he regained his composure and began to pace about the cave.

“What is that you did?” Chrysalis asked Blaze Bringer, intrigued by this strange being who called himself an alicorn.

“I’d prefer not to explain right now.” Blaze Bringer hastily responded, knowing that now was the beginning of it all.

“Well then, might I be able to ask when I may leave this home of yours? I am needed to gather my subjects and return to our home in order to prepare for another attack on Canterlot.” Chrysalis told Blaze bringer as she got to her hooves and began to walk forward towards the exit.

Blaze Bringer stepped in front of Chrysalis’ path, intent on stopping her. If glimpsed from the right angle, a smile could clearly be seen on Blaze Bringer’s mangled face.

“I’m afraid I can’t allow you to leave here Chrysalis. At least, not before you give me what I need.” Blaze Bringer spoke softly, his body beginning to glow a strange shade of blue towards the end of his statement.

As Chrysalis began a reply, she was knocked back against the far edge of the cave and forced to exhale all the air she had taken in for the preparation of her next question. As Chrysalis darted her eyes about, she was shocked to see her hooves imprisoned in a magical barrier of sorts.

“What is this?! How can you use magic with a broken horn? I though all unicorns were powerless with their horns damaged or destroyed?!” Chrysalis screamed at Blaze Bringer, anger and fear both prominent in her voice.

“In most cases you would be correct Chrysalis. A unicorn with a damaged or broken horn is quite powerless in terms of magic. Even an alicorn will have difficulty with their magic with the same scenario. But…I am a little different from what most call traditional.” Blaze Bringer spoke up, appearing almost giddy as he dashed about his cave grabbing all manner of objects and books.

“What do you mean you are different from traditional ponies? What is so special about you?” Chrysalis asked Blaze
Bringer, seeing his eye twitch at her last question and feeling his magic falter from its current strength for a split second.

“By all means Chrysalis, I am no different. However, I was changed many a year ago by a powerful curse. I take it you’ve noticed the peculiar markings on my coat?” Blaze Bringer told Chrysalis, his old composure regained.

Chrysalis gazed upon Blaze Bringer’s form at his request and took true notice of the marking on his coat now. They appeared quite intricate and stretched seemingly over his entire form.

“What of them?” Chrysalis asked, trying her best to keep her normal composure in such a terrifying situation.

“These markings are a seal courtesy of Zebrika. These markings seal all my powers and abilities within my form, intending to never be released at all or if not for only a few moments at a time. However, I was able to overcome many of the trapping of the curse to regain my former magical power. I am still without my wings and my former appearance though. I still possess the ability to fly within me as well as perfect memory of my old form, but I have not the means to further weaken the curse to regain them. That is what I need you for.” Blaze Bringer explained, moving fully beneath Chrysalis now with a strange mixing set for magical potions towed behind him with his magic.

“What could I possibly do to weaken that curse you blasted fool?” Chrysalis demanded of Blaze Bringer, shocked to see him smile knowingly up at her in return.

“Oh but you already know what I need from you. Don’t you….Nightmare?” Blaze Bringer smiled up at Chrysalis.