• Published 27th Nov 2012
  • 913 Views, 11 Comments

A Cold World - Ice



It's never easy growing up, things like school, a social life etc all come into play....but what if in one sudden moment that's all taken away? This is the story of one little colt and his life.

  • ...
5
 11
 913

The Field trip: The boutique

Chapter Six

We join the class as they arrive in Ponyvile

"Now remember children, you will be on your best behaviour; you will not wander off and you will not I repeat will not break anything, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, miss" replied the class as she gave them one more look over, just to ensure nopony had managed to slip away already.

"Good, first off we will be visiting Miss Amour , the element of Generosity."

"What does she work as?" called out one filly.

"I believe she works at the local boutique," replied Miss Sharp-pen to which she received a mixture of groans, squeals of delight and what she could've sworn to be somepony quoting one of the darker tales of "Starswirl the Bearded."

"Ugh, I hate boutiques," groaned Spark as he and the blue colt followed the rest of the class, from the back.

"..... What's a boutique?" asked the blue colt after a moment of silence.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"I guess the best way to put it would be to say it's like a manedressers and a tailors packed into one place."

"Huh, that doesn't sound too terrible."

"What?" said Spark a little taken aback by what seemed to be unforgivable ignorance on his friends part.

"Well, if you think about it there's not much she can really do to us, since my mane and tail a pretty short and yours can't really anything done to it," said the blue colt pointing to the parts he was talking about in turn.

"Yeah, I suppose s... what the hay does that mean?"

"Oh, nothing."

* * *

At the boutique

"Hello, colts and fillies, my name is Rarity Amour and I shall be showing the magnificent world of fashion and art today," the mare currently speaking had a snow white coat, a purple mane and tail, both of which had obviously been styled and to top all off, she was a unicorn, which to the more mischievous colts of the class meant several less ways to escape to a more enjoyable location.

"Now, I would like you all to split into two groups of colts and fillies," she said gathering a few bits and bobs from around the room.

"Now, I would like you all to meet my adorable assistant for today, Spike," she said as she opened a door to reveal a small purple and green baby dragon.

"Aww," cooed the fillies.

"... Awesome," whispered the colts among themselves.

"Now, if you please, would the fillies follow Spike and the colts I," she said as the two groups split off.

* * *

"Ahem, now that you are all seated we shall begin," said Rarity as she pulled down a sheet on the to reveal a large blackboard with the words "One-hundred and one rules to being a gentlecolt."

"Now, in front of you are a pencil and several pieces of paper, you are to take notes as I teach you all the proper way to become a gentlecolt," she said, sounding almost gleeful to teach the young generation on how to properly conduct themselves.

"Oh, I wouldn't recommend falling asleep, their will be a test at the end, now: rule number one a gentlecolt is always on time; rule number two a gentlecolt never carries less than fifty bits; rule three a gentlecolt will always adhere to the words of his mate; rule four a gentlecolt will never....."

* * *

".... And finally rule one-hundred and one, a gentlecolt will never, I repeat never hurt somepony without good reason," she finished, putting down the now stub of chalk she had been using to write down all one-hundred and one rules.

"Any questions? Yes, the blue colt at the back."

"Will all of this be in the test?" he asked, to which he received a chuckle that confused him and all of his classmates.

"Oh boys, I'm not that heartless, I only said there would be a test as I knew you would have never payed attention otherwise... or have I misjudged all of you?" she asked to which she received a collection of murmurs and accepting sighs.

"Now, if you will follow me to the other room where Spike will now take charge of all of you," she said leading the out of the door, then closing it behind them with magic.

"Rule eighty-seven," called out a colt to which Rarity merely chuckled.

"At least one of them remembered," she thought with a slight smile on her face, as they crossed the hall over to pink door which she knocked on three times.

After a moment or two the little dragon known as spike popped his head out "Oh hey, Rarity I'll just send the fillies out, the colts can come in the now," he said, fully opening the door to let the colts in as he called to the fillies to leave and follow Rarity.

"Now, if you look around you'll see a bunch of really cool pictures done by the fillies that just left," said Spike as he ran around setting up new places for the colts to do their task.

"Hey.... Spike, who drew this one?" asked Spark looking at, what would seem at first, a simple drawing of a bridge over a lake but if one looked they could clearly see every single little detail, be it the bricks that made up the bridge; to every blade of grass and even the water seemed like it had some sort of realism to it.

"That? I think it was done by some filly called Blue petal," he said as began directing individual colts to a piece of paper where they could make their own drawings.

"Huh, I thought I noticed something different about her," thought Spark as he was led over by Spike to where he could draw his own masterpiece.

* * *

"All right, these are all really good," said spike as he and the colts all looked at their creations, which varied from self portraits to drawings of buildings and somepony even drew an Ursa Minor.

"Now, lets go outside, don't worry we'll send all of these to your teacher to give to you when you get back," he said as he lead them all outside to where Mrs Sharp-pen, Rarity and the fillies were all waiting.

"Oh yes, they were absolute dears," said Rarity as Spike and the colts approached them.

"Oh hello children, did you have fun?" asked Mrs Sharp-pen.

"Yes, Miss."

"Good, now I'd like you all to thank Mrs Amour and Spike."

"Thank you," chanted the class.

"Good, now we're going to find a Miss Dash... you wouldn't know where to find her, would you?" she asked looking at Rarity.

"Oh, but of course, just follow me," she said as she began to trot towards the centre of town with the class and Mrs Sharp-pen in tow.

Author's Note:

Huh, two chapters in a month.... is that even possible.