• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 4,552 Views, 127 Comments

My Little Kingdom: The Key to Harmony - Mekapix



The world of Equestria is becoming inhabited by dark creatures, can the keyblade wielder help them?

  • ...
3
 127
 4,552

Rebirth

Twilight slowly walked around the pony in front of her, trying to see if he was hurt while inspecting what he looked like. He had a rust brown coat and a chocolate brown mane with a tail to match, his mane was rather spiky and round his neck was a silver chain with a small crown shape attached. Twilight was rather confused by two things with this pony’s appearance, the first thing that stuck out was his cutie mark. His cutie mark was a key with a black handle and a grey shaft, a yellow guard that went round the handle and a crown shaped piece stuck out at the end of the shaft. The key of the pony’s flank was surrounded by stars with a white light linking them all together in a circle around it. The other noticeable attribute of the pony was on his hooves, there were golden bands around his hooves with the same insignia on them, a circle with two smaller circles poking out of the top of it but they were both different colors, the symbol on the right hoof was red and the symbol on the left hoof was blue.

After Twilight was satisfied with inspecting the stranger and saw that he was just asleep, she used her magic to hoist the colt onto her back, wincing under his weight a little but she decided to bear with it and take him back to Ponyville to make sure that he was ok. As she moved back through the forest there was rustling in the bushes around her, she started getting nervous as she made her way back to her home. She was strong enough to take many of the creatures that a pony could come across in the Everfree forest but protecting herself and an unconscious pony at the same time wouldn't be so easy. The rustling was now getting closer, the unicorn tried to pick up speed but the colt on her back restrained her from going as fast as she wanted to and then suddenly the source of the rustling jumped out in front of her. It was a small pitch black bipedal animal with claws, a bulbous head, long thin ears or antennae protruding from the top of its head and big yellow circles which Twilight assumed were its eyes. “Oh it was just you? Well aren't you a strange little thing, what species are you? Oh you must be what Fluttershy was telling me about earlier.” Twilight exclaimed while looking the new creature up and down, she was going to happily walk over to it and give it a good examination until a few more popped out of the bushes around her. “Oh you have friends with you?” she asked, not really expecting an answer. The curiosity in her however was wiped away and replaced with concern, they had kept coming out of the bushes around her until there were around twelve of them now and they had Twilight and the sleeping colt on her back surrounded. Before Twilight could voice any concern to herself, one of the creatures jumped towards her bearing its claws, trying to scratch but narrowly missing as she hopped out of the way.

She lifted the colt off of her back with her telekinesis and turned her attention to the animals “Sorry” she said “But I think I’m going to need a moment to stop these things before I can get you home.” She explained to him, knowing full well that he couldn't actually hear her, let alone give a reply. Twilight lowered her horn as it became coated with a purple aura and the creatures approached, it didn't take long for her to decide which one to target first as two of them jumped at her, swinging their claws at her but it didn't work well for them as a bolt of magic flew through them both, their bodies hitting the floor and disappearing into black wisps. Twilight could only spare about two seconds to wonder why they disappeared before another came at her, she blasted that one and sent it into some bushes near a tree then she turned her attention to two more that came her way. She kept blasting back the little creatures, causing them to burst into wisps where ever they fell but the strain of using the spell over and over starting to take a toll on her, making her head throb more with each blast. Eventually she lost balanced and was kneeling next to the colt, no matter how many she stopped, it seemed like another just took its place. “Sorry but I can’t keep going, my magic is running out” she said to the colt, not expecting an answer back as she hung her head. “No problem, I’ll take over for you.” She quickly spun her head round to see the new colt standing up on his hooves, grinning down at her. He walked in front of her and kept smiling. “How can you help stop them? No offence but you don’t look very strong, you can’t use magic and you can’t fly.” The unicorn exclaimed to him. “No magic? Then what would you call this?” The colt replied, a cocky grin on his face as he turned his head back to the assailants. Twilight was completely dumb founded when a stream of light appeared at the colt nose and then burst to reveal a key, the exact same as the one on his flank. He grabbed the handle in his mouth and charged at the creatures, swiping the key like a sword across three of them, bursting them into dark smoky wisps. ‘Moving on four legs isn't easy’ he thought to himself ‘but it’s a good thing I was a lion in the Pride Lands or I’d be useless right now’. He span round quickly on his hooves and flung the key from his mouth, it flew round the amazed unicorn and defeated each little monster one after the other, only to return to the colt as he hopped in the air, catching the handle in his mouth.

Twilight found herself absolutely speechless at this feat, this colt had beaten the remaining monsters in mere moments with ease as well as performing some sort of summoning magic despite being an earth pony. A stream of light coated the giant key and made it vanish just as quickly as it appeared as the colt walked over to Twilight, she got back on her hooves and all thoughts of her headache had vanished. “Are you ok Miss…?” she was asked. “Y-yes I’m fine, thank you for your help, my name is Twilight Sparkle.” The colt smiled at her, she began to think that the only expressions he had were various forms of smiling “Nice to meet you Twilight, my name is-“ he suddenly stopped in mid-sentence and the smile dropped from his face. “Watch out!” he yelled as he pushed by the now startled unicorn. She turned her head to follow him and discovered what had him startled, one of the weakened small creatures had tried to jump on her from behind but a head-butt from the colt blew it into wisps. Unfortunately as he tried to stop he tripped over an overgrown root and rolled across the ground, the side of his head colliding into one of the trees causing him to fall to the floor. Twilight shot to his side and looked down at him worried, checking his head for any bad injuries. “Oh Celestia…you don’t seem to have any cuts on your head, just some bad bruising by the looks of it.” She said to him. “S-Sora” he muttered. She looked at him raising an eyebrow and got a smile from the colt in his last few moments of consciousness. “My name is Sora."

XXX

When Sora opened his ocean blue eyes he was staring out of a window, he could see brightly coloured houses and could hear voices coming from outside in the streets. He lifted up his head off of a soft pillow and looked down at himself, he was tucked into a bed while surrounded by books on a few shelves and a desk in the corner. Sora pulled himself out of the covers before hearing a familiar inside his head “Sora! Sora! Are you ok?” the voice quacked at him. “Donald? Where are you?” he replied out loud, looking around the room to observe that he was the only one in it. “Hey Sora, I don’t know if you can understand this but we are inside you.” He then heard his friend Goofy explain which only served to give Sora more questions. “What do you mean ‘inside me’?” he said as he looked down at himself. “It’s hard to explain and we’re not sure why but do you see the bands around your feet?” Donald asked. “I think they’re called hooves Donald.” Goofy interrupted “Whatever.” Sora sighed at his two friends still staying themselves even though they were supposedly inside him, he looked down at his front hooves and saw the two jeweled bands round his front hooves, the jewels inside them were in the shape of the kings seal. “Where did these come from?” he asked, inspecting his new and unusual trinkets. “Well…” Donald began to explain “in order to blend in with this world, my magic turned us into these bands, we can’t move but we can still see what’s going on through your eyes.” When he finished the reply, Sora let out a sigh of slight relief, he was just happy that his friends were ok and there with him in a sense.

He wanted to talk to them more but he could hear voices coming from outside the room he was in “Ok guys” he started “I’m going to find out where we are and what’s going on, there wasn’t as many heartless around in those woods than there usually are in their groups.” So he hopped out of the bed and made his way to the door, as he opened it he could see shelves upon shelves upon shelves of books, enough to rival Belle’s library in Hollow Bastion. His attention was quickly recaptured by the return of the new voices coming from below him, he moved out of the door and looked down a flight of stair just ahead of him to peek down into a living room where there were 6 ponies, including the purple unicorn that he had met earlier. “Thanks again for helping me when you did girls.” Twilight said, getting a waving hoof from a blonde, orange pony with a Stetson. “No worries Twi’, was a bit of ah shock to see ya coming out of the forest panting while carrying that other pony on your back.” “Where did he come from anyway?” a light blue pony asked, Sora was surprised to see her mane was like a flowing rainbow as she hovered in the air slightly. “I’m not sure, I found him at this strange structure that looked like it was half buried in the forest. It looked like a few large orange blocks with a clear dome on top.” Twilight described. 'Large orange blocks with a dome on top? She must mean the gummi ship! At least I know where it is now'. Sora thought to himself.

The next pony to speak up was a white unicorn with a curled purple mane “Who would make a home out of orange blocks? It sounds absolutely tasteless, very much in need of redesigning.” Sora felt Donald growl in the back of his head at the insults of the unicorn, putting his hoof to his mouth to quieten a chuckle. “So if he’s new then we should throw him a party when he wakes up! Should we throw him a welcome-to-Ponyville party or maybe a you-saved-our-friend party?” The question was posed by a bright pink pony with a dark pink mane, she was bouncing around the group when she asked. A bright yellow pony with a soft pink mane raised her hoof as if she was in a classroom. “Uh...Pinkie?” she said “We don’t even know his name yet…” The pink pony turned towards Twilight. “What was his name again?” Twilight shook her head slightly “I’m not sure, it was an unusual name like Sara or Soar… Was it Seri?” She asked herself as she raised a hoof to her chin. “Sora, my name is Sora.” He answered for her as he began descending the stairs. All six mares spun their heads to see the brown colt getting to the bottom of the stairs, he tried to act cool and show a calm smile but that feeling left when the pink pony just appeared right in front of his face. “Oh my gosh, it’s so nice to meet you, I’m Pinkie Pie and I’m the town party planner, I work at Sugarcube Corner and we serve the best cakes and sweets their as you would know, then again I guess you wouldn’t know as you only just got here which reminds me that I still need to throw you a party, would you like your party before or after the tour of the town?” The bouncing mare said to him at a mile a second, he wanted time to try and understand what he just heard but he didn’t need to as the white unicorn pushed her out of the way slightly. “Please excuse her, she gets like this whenever there is a new pony in town. May I ask where you’re from Mr Sora?” she asked politely, Sora was able to think of an answer to this much easier but due to the rule of not telling one world about others, he could only muster up “I’m from… very far away, I travel a lot you see? And also just call me Sora, no need for ‘Mr’” The unicorn tilted her head in confusion from the vague answer, she wanted to get a more accurate answer but was stopped by the purple unicorn. “Now Rarity, don’t you think we should introduce ourselves now?” The unicorn nodded “Very well, allow us to introduce ourselves…”

XXX

That statue. The darkness flowing from that one statue in the garden made the few groups of nearby creatures hunger, no guards were in sight as they approached it, hopping and scuttling through the bushes and the flowers. They couldn’t detect anything from the other statues but this one was different, it was like an echo of dark energy pulsed from it and they were drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

The mind inside the statue sighed. ‘How long have I been in this pitiful position now? This land should belong to me, to be in that wonderful state of disharmony but instead it’s ruled by Celestia and guarded by those fools’. The mind sighed again, he wanted to be free again but it took so long to get free the first time, it could take just as long or even longer this time. He didn't know if he felt more melancholy, angry or simply bored of being in this state of petrification, what the draqueonicus statue did know was that he wanted out. Then he saw them coming, small black creatures with bulbous heads and glowing eyes. They began surrounding the statue, as if it was ritualistic for them. ‘What are these things? The statue questioned. What in Equestria do they want?’ Then they all completely stopped in place, all staring at him then they jumped on the statue in unison. Their bodies moving around each other to cover the entire statue then they began glowing with a dark violet mist before melting onto the statue. The mind inside began to panic. ‘What are they doing…it feels like they are trying to take me over, take control of my body…well I won’t let them!’ He resisted as hard as he could, managing to halt their possession of his body.

‘Hmmm, you’re stronger than I expected…’ A voice in his head stated. 'What in the? Who are you!?' The body’s owner demanded. ‘Oh me? My name is Malificent and you, my unique creature, are about to become my newest minion.’ The mere cheek of ‘Malificent’s reply made him laugh. ‘Me? Become your minion? That truly is laughable my dear, you think you can control me?’ He asked. ‘I thought I could but you are much stronger than I anticipated, instead of making you a puppet, how about I make you an offer that I expect you will enjoy.’ ‘Hah, what sort of offer do you think you could make’ he chuckled, feeling that this odd voice was merely over estimating themselves. ‘Simple, I let you keep control of your body, I’ll release you from your stone prison and give you powers beyond what you have now, I’ll even let you control the heartless and in return I ask of you one thing.’ The mind gathered that these things covering him must be ‘the heartless’ she referred to but didn’t give much thought about that, the offer of freedom and power was much more interesting. ‘Hmmm, you make an interesting offer but for so much reward, what is it you want in return?’ He expected something big as it was a lot she was offering. ‘It’s not much’ she replied. ‘Somewhere in your world there is a keyhole, this leads to the heart of your world. All I ask of you is that when you find this keyhole, you infect it with your dark powers by sending the heartless inside it.’ He was confused by two things, that Equestria would have such a unique keyhole and why she wanted the heartless inside it.

Where do I find this keyhole and what happens when it becomes infected?’ He asked in his response, it seemed too simple for such an exchange. ‘Alas, I am unaware of the keyholes placement, this is why I send my dear heartless minions to search and as for the reason, it will give you domination of your world, I detest the light in every world and wish it to be extinguished.’ He couldn’t believe what he was hearing, she wanted to help him rule Equestria just because she hated the light, he couldn’t tell if it was a trap for everything she said seemed too good to be true but he couldn’t let this pass by. ‘Very well then, I accept your offer.’ He finally replied, she laughed a little. ‘Good, now what is your name?’ ‘Discord, I am Discord.’ Malificent was rather amused at the name. The dark creatures sank into the stone and disappeared, everything was quiet for a few seconds before a violet light began cracking through the statue, starting at the base and leading up to the horns before shattering into tiny pieces, leaving Discord smiling in its place surrounded by a dark aura. ‘Go now mighty Discord and snuff out the light!’ She boomed in his head before leaving his mind. The draqueonicus smirked, feeling a little weak but very happy and admiring the creatures that appeared around him, practically bowing their heads to him. “With pleasure…”