• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 6,593 Views, 406 Comments

My Little Pony vs .......... - Ecthelion_Yuda



The mane six duel to the death with some of the greatest fighters and monsters ever.

  • ...
33
 406
 6,593

Lord Eddard Stark vs Applejack

Applejack tumbled out of the portal and landed with a solid thud on the cold, stoney ground. The breath was knocked from her lungs and and the impact left her dizzy but aside from that she was otherwise unharmed. The farmer forced thoughts of the ghastly maze to the back of her mind. Shuddering, she dealt with with the remaining images of the Weeping Angels and forced them down, since she would not be able to deal with them until she could escape. If she broke down in the middle of a fight, then nothing she had done so far would count for anything. Besides, she had done everything she could to save Spike and Sweetie Belle, but she also had to admit that she had taken her eye off the ball after she had found Applebloom. Family comes first. The knowledge that her little sister was safe, for the moment at least, alleviated some of the guilt and pain she had been carrying around. Applejack tilted her hat backwards and took a look around at her new arena.

The air was cold. Freezing, in fact. All around were little mounds of snow and piles of silver frost covered turf. The wind itself was practically visible with microscopic crystals of ice drifting along in the breeze. Like a knife, the wind cut clean through her body and made her shudder involuntarily. Instinctively, Applejack pulled her chain around herself tighter as though it were a shaul to stave off the cold. It was surprising just how attached to her weapon she had become, how safe it made her feel now. Even from behind the clouds, the sun glinted off of the edge of the immensely keen edge of the blade. It had sliced through stone, metal, bone and flesh, yet it had grown no duller than when she had received after beating her first opponent.

All around her, tall, grey, stone walls reached skyward, with spikes of wood and metal protruding from them at various points. Round towers with small windows devoid of glass spiralled free of the frozen ground. The whole place seemed dark and foreboding. Perhaps it was Chrysalis’ Castle? The place was cold, cruel and dark, so it made sense that she would live here. Applejack’s eyes narrowed in anticipation. If this really was the Castle of the Changeling Queen, then that meant that her next opponent was going to be Chrysalis herself. Applejack relished the idea of separating various limbs from her body, making her suffer and beg as she vanished from this world forever. The bloodlust was overwhelming and if she had to fight her way through a few Changelings to get to the Queen, then that was fine by her.

The sound of footsteps knocked Applejack out her fantasies and back into reality. There appeared to be only one person, and from the sounds of things they appeared to have only two legs. Applejack considered the possibility of it being a Diamond Dog in the employ of Chrysalis, or perhaps Nightmare Moon. Either way, she wasn’t going to wait around to find out. Whatever it was, they had now entered Applejack’s kill zone, and now they weren’t going to leave. The pony loosened her chain and sprinted to the wall nearest to her. She gave herself enough slack to get a decent swing on the blade before making her move. As the target approached, Applejack rotated her body around, with one hoof helping to force out the chain. The curved blade whistled quietly through the air before finding its mark. Whatever she had just hit was wearing no armour, so the blade cut through the skin and muscle with no resistance. There was a slight bite as her cold metal cleaved through bone before whirling around and landing neatly at her hooves. As she finished her rotation, she saw the boy she had just killed drop to his knees before falling fully to the ground. A fraction of a second later, the severed top half of his torso struck the stone ground with a sickening squelch. A vibrant red splash ran up the wall beside the corpse providing an oddly aesthetically pleasing contrast to the muted tones of the area around her. Steam slowly rose from the steadily growing pools of blood spreading from the two halves of the corpse.

Somehow, the head had managed to land facing up, allowing Applejack to get a good look at her victim. He was very young, no more than a boy, with thick, curly brown hair. His eyes had a fire and a laughter in them that death was yet to extinguish. The outlines of his features were defined as carved stone, with strength in his jaw and determination in every line. There was no doubt that as far as Applejack was concerned, this boy would have been a worthy opponent and had he been much older, he would have posed a very serious threat to her.

“Robb!”

The cry had come from behind her. It was a mans voice with a very broad accent, although it was not one that Applejack was overly familiar with. Turning, she took in the terrifying image before her. The man had the same strong features, the same fiery gaze, the same brown hair of the dead boy. Obviously there was a relation between them, probably father and son. The only real difference between this new challenger and the boy, Robb, was just that: Robb had been just a boy. Before her stood a fully grown warrior, at least fifteen years Robb’s senior, taller than the boy and broader too. Under a thick fur cloak and functional leather hauberk was a body rippling with muscle. Applejack could tell at a glance that this man was a soldier, hardened by warfare. But the look on his face was a terrifying mixture of anguish and fury. And Applejack couldn’t blame him. After all, here before him was the corpse of his son along with the person who had killed him.

For a moment, it appeared that the warrior didn’t know what he was going to do. He seemed torn between rushing to his son’s side and coming straight for Applejack. With tears in his eyes, the warrior moved his arms out from underneath his heavy woolen cloak, revealing the most exquisite weapon that Applejack had ever seen. It was a monstrous great sword, the blade was at least as long as she was from nose to tail, and wide enough that Applebloom could stand on its flat edge quite comfortably. It glinted in a similar way to the blade on the end of her chain, indicating that the two were just as sharp as each other. Applejack was certain of one thing, this fight was not going to be easy.

The warrior had the advantages of size and strength, but Applejack had him in speed, and his emotional state would undoubtedly impair his ability to fight logically. It would be a tough victory, but Applejack was of her chances. She scooped up her chain, and readied herself for the attack.

However, what the soldier did took her completely by surprise. He looked straight at her, almost through her even, and asked “what are you called?”
He was holding back sobs, but the sincerity in his eyes made Applejack falter momentarily.
“I would have the name of the one who murdered my son. Now, if you please!”

“I’m Applejack. What’s your name?”
Why was she indulging in these irrelevant niceties? What did it matter to her what his name was? She would be killing him soon either way.

“I am Lord Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. And now, Gods be willing, I am going to avenge my son.”

And with that the duel had begun. He was faster than Applejack had anticipated. Much faster indeed. In a few steps he had closed the distance between them and had his sword raised above his head. Applejack strafed to the right as the shimmering blade clanged off the ground. Applejack took advantage of the situation and swung her chain around, meaning to to end the duel right there and then. But once again, the speed of the Lord of Winterfell caught her off guard. He reached inside his cloak and in one fluid motion extracted a dirk and thrust it directly into the path of the chain. The chain wrapped around the knife, sending the blade off course. Lord Eddard leaned backwards slightly, dodging the blade before releasing his grip on the dirk and swinging his sword once again.

Applejack was forced to take the defensive and managed to avoid the Lords strikes by continuously dodging backwards or to the side. She couldn’t move around too much because of her chain, but slowly Lord Eddard was forcing her back. Eddard Stark was unrelenting, he kept pressing the advantage, launching strike after strike after strike knowing that eventually Applejack would fail to avoid his blade. Fortunately for Applejack, with one final flick, the dirk was shaken loose from her chain with a resounding clang. Finally, the fight was beginning to go in Applejack’s favour.

The farm pony dragged her weapon around and stretched out the chain in front of her with her front hooves. She caught Lord Stark’s sword perfectly, and used the force of the blow to wrap her chain around the blade. If this trick worked with a knife, surely it could work with the great sword too. Before the Lord of Winterfell had a chance to react, Applejack span around and kicked him straight in the stomach. The hit was unexpected and far stronger than Eddard had been ready for. He reeled backwards, the wind knocked soundly out of his lungs. Involuntarily, Eddard released his grip on the sword, leaving it wrapped in the chain. With a violent twist of her neck, Applejack cast the weapon away.

Unfortunately for Applejack, Lord Stark had been knocked back over to the body of his son, and he recovered remarkably quickly. There on the ground, next to the body of the boy, was a sword. Obviously Robb had been carrying it when Applejack had struck him down. Eddard muttered a small apology before scooping up the sword. It was no where near as beautiful as his great sword, and it seemed much too small for a man like Lord Eddard Stark, but it was a weapon none the less. Applejack darted forward, trying to force Lord Stark to take a more defensive stance.

Eddard, however, had a very different plan. He feinted left, leading Applejack right into a trap. He wheeled around and slashed at the pony. The steel bit deep into her flesh causing her to howl in a mixture of rage and pain. There was a wet slap as a chunk of her shoulder landed heavily on the ground. Applejack felt a good deal of her strength fade from her as the blood flowed freely down her leg and torso.While no major organs had been damaged, her front right leg was now essentially useless and she was losing an awful lot of blood. The next few seconds would almost certainly determine whether or not she survived this fight.

Applejack yanked her chain towards her and twisted to the side. It looked like she was going to strike for his head. That was exactly how Applejack wanted it to look. Lord Stark brought his sword up to defend his face as Applejack twisted again. The motion would have wrenched her shoulder, had she still had enough of one there. As it was, she just roared in anguish as her blade flew in low, slicing across the Lord of Winterfell’s hamstrings.

The man shouted, though more in surprise than pain. But he still collapsed to his knees as the muscles in his legs stopped obeying instruction. Applejack winced violently as she wrapped the chain around the fallen warrior’s torso, pinning his arms to his sides. She took the blade in her mouth and dragged it slowly through Lord Eddard Stark’s neck. His head tipped forward lightly before it fell off completely, spraying the surrounding area in hot, steamy blood. Applejack unwound her chain, letting the headless cadaver slump forward onto the ground, just a few feet away from the two halves of his son's corpse. Chain in mouth, Applejack hobbled backwards and tripped through the portal.

Author's Note:

Ha! Bet you guys all thought I was dead or something, or that maybe this story was finished. well NOPE! YOu have even more of this crap to put up with! Now, in terms of why this chapter came so late, I was actually hoping to have this chapter filled by a guest chapter, which was going to feature Clay from Xiaolin Showdown. And since my good friend Prince Luna knows a lot more about Xiaolin Showdown than I do (and also because I really hate writing Applejack chapters) he was going to do it. However, due to technical difficulties, that didn't happen, so I had to come up with one myself. What didn't help is the fact that I started University in September and since it's an Irish university I have four subjects along with the two societies for which I am on the committee. All of this adds up to not much time for writing. But anyway, here you go, for all those Game of Thrones fans, AJ vs Ned Stark.

And if you want a little hint as to what the next fight will contain....

Comments ( 41 )

collosal titan or mikasa?

Yipe. It's nothing short of disturbing to see our pony friends' souls get ever darker, especially with poor old Ned Stark as a foil. I thought that, if a pony was to die, I would be okay if it was by his hand- but as always I'm happy to see AJ beat the odds. (What's so bad about AJ chapters? Do you have as hard a time writing her corruption as I have reading about it?)
And of course Attack on Titan comes to this story too.:trixieshiftright: No real cause for complaint here, just that I seem to be about the only person on the Internet who hasn't watched it yet, so it's a bit bemusing.

This story gets more and more intriguing with every fight. There's no doubt about it now: even if they're still physically alive, the villains have managed to kill the Mane 6. Even if the girls make it out, there's no way they'll be able to go back to normal life. They've all spilled blood with their own hooves, Rarity and Twilight have lost those closest to them, and they most likely will suffer such an extreme case of PTSD that them all committing suicide is all but a given.

Anyway, steering away from those depressing thoughts, I would personally like to see Phoenix Wright in one of these chapters. The way I see it, the fight could happen one of two ways: 1. It could be a normal fight, with Phoenix having to kill one of the ponies in order to, say, not have Pearl get killed or something. He could theoretically use his moveset from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but I'm not a fan of this idea because Phoenix isn't much of a fighter, let alone a killer. 2. We've seen that the rules of the fight can be altered to suit the combatant, as seen when Twilight went against that guy from 'The Princess Bride'. So, if Phoenix were to be in a chapter, then instead of a fight, it could a trial done in the style of the Ace Attorney games, with (for example) Twilight acting as prosecutor. If Twilight manages to get the defendant a 'Guilty' verdict, then she gets to live. However, if Phoenix manages to get his client a 'Not Guilty' verdict, then the judge will realize that Twilight isn't an actual prosecutor, and she'll receive the death penalty for impersonating one.

What i am seeing is they are overpowered ( the ponies ) they have fought so many people at least 1 of the main 6 should be dead. Also if you struck in the shoulder by a sword you would probly be stunned. ( this is my thinking I do not know for sure because i have benn hit by a sword)

3810408 OK, since you left two comments, I shall address them both here.
Using the fighting styles from Predator 1, the Predator Laser does not travel at light speed. It is actually remarkably slow, so dodging it is not impossible, especially for someone with Applejacks keen senses.
Also, getting whacked in the shoulder with a sword can stun, but effects like that are not always felt. People have been shot multiple times and kept going, so have people been stabbed multiple times and they haven't faltered. So, she wouldn't necessarily be stunned by that hit.

3809453 Applejack is hard to write for mostly because of her fighting style. Since she is an earth pony whose attacks are based on strength, she needed a weapon otherwise she would be dead in no time. But even so, finding opponents that I can justify having her beat is tricky (that said, if you fancy writing a chapter for Applejack, I'd be happy to put it in).

Also, just as a little spoiler, you won't need to have seen Attack on Titan for the next fight.

3809890 I've never really played one of the Ace Attorney games, so I probably wouldn't be the best to write that chapter. However, if you fancy giving it a shot, I would be more than willing to put it in as a guest chapter.

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be Eren. Using a Titan enemy would be too much for a pony to beat even with their special weapons and abilities.

3811789

So are daleks and diclonii. Which are much more powerful than, say, a 3 meter class.

3813386
Yeah....(I'm seriously gonna laugh my ass off if Ecthelion uses the Colossal as the enemy XD)

3815623

Actually, I'd believe that Rainbow would probably stand a chance. The Colossal is slow and unarmored, and was pretty much stated to only be threatening because of its size (was almost killed by Eren early on, in fact). Armoured or Gorilla, on the other hand...

And so, our heroes' souls get darker and darker as the bloodbath progresses. It's really scary seeing how dark they are becoming now.

With this chapter over, I look forward to the next chapter.




~ Super-Brony12

3822977 And that is the long game being played.

Aw man, I would have loved to see her fight Clay! That's a real shame! :applecry:

Twilight sparkle and spike vs skullduggery pleasant and Valkyrie?

3829101 I promise, I am planning a Skulduggery Pleasant chapter, I just need to reread the books, so I know what I'm talking about.

Why U no have Edward Elric chapter!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Wulfrik the world wonderer vs rainbow dash

3810968 I'm not sure about this one. She is small, but her size-to-strength ratio is absurd. If she bucked an ordinary man in the knee, it would bend backwards. End of fight

3259826 Wóuldn't Envy be a better opposite to Generosity? :twilightsmile:

3265838

Look good except for two:

Vegeta is overpowered by several orders of magnitude.

Deadpool seems fun at first, but is actually unwinnable by design - Deadpool is immortal

3489369 You just gave ma a vision of Rarity seeing a xenomorph, deciding that it is hidious... and trying to remedy the problem by acessorizing. :raritywink:

ASUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to suggest Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie vs Nega Nebulus from Accel World.

Just read the story, and so far i'm liking it. And having recently started reading Jojo's bizzare adventure I really wanna see a Dio chapter at somepoint.

I'm wondering when thy will find something that the odds would be the end of them.

I read this and had a sudden urge to ask for a chapter involving Edward Scissorhands.

4232118
What if they only had to make Deadpool bleed out?

4566442 The portal won't open until opponent is dead.

4569302
If Deadpool bled out and met Death, TECHNICALLY he would be dead, at least physically.

OK, Ecthelion seems to have phased out again...

If you want something to read while you wait for him to return, I wrote one "guest chapter" and published it as a separate story.

You can find it here

Something tells me whoever is gonna be fighting against the AOT character is going to be hurt badly. Whe you review the stats of each character in the series, you know that whoever pony fights them, is going to have a real challenge up...it will either be a Titan (Who has the weakspot in the nape of the neck, making it impossible to kill) or one of the soldiers (Faster than the Titans, and definetly ponies, one of the mane six going up against one of these guys will result in a bloodbath for both of them) Whoever fights these guys, is at least going to have severe damage.

3809353 Probably Mikasa, a collosal Titan would be too powerful, it would probably have to be a regular Titan or one of the soldiers.

Is this still going?
Because i have an idea: Pinkie Pie vs Gamzee Makara

4569453 He has been made immortal by Thanos, specifically to prevent him from ever meeting her. :coolphoto:

Jeff the Killer VS AJ please!

How about, instead of another team fight, the ponies fight in pairs or threes? It would make more sense considering their power levels.

Applejack and Fluttershy vs. the entire WWE roster (all at once)
Rarity and Pinkie Pie vs. Lust and Gluttony (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash vs, the Ginyu Force (Dragonball Z)

Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity vs. a future predator (Primeval- it's like a xenomorph if it were absurdly overpowered and stealthy)
Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle vs. Agent Smiths (the Matrix)

Pinkie Pie vs. The Looney Tunes gang
Twilight Sparkle vs Lt. Colonel Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Rarity vs. A class trial. (Danganronpa- somebody has been murdered, and one of the minor MLP characters is in the frame. Rarity must take on the role of Kirigiri and solve the case or they both will be executed.)
Fluttershy vs. Jaws (James Bond franchise)
Applejack vs. the Big Show (WWE)
Rainbow Dash vs. Sonic the Hedgehog

Now come on, everyone else had a turn, it's only fair.

We've had a Predator, can we expect to see a Xenomorph?
As a small suggestion, could either Twilight or Applejack go up against a mythological character like Dracula? Especially the version from the "Van Helsing" film that could turn into a 10 foot tall man-bat monster?

Shame this had to die. If it had kept going, it would have been very poetic if NM, Discord and Chrysalis bit off more than they could chew and brought in something that was too much for even them to handle that ended up giving them the same kind of brutal death they forced the Mane 6 to inflict on others. Maybe something from the SCP Foundation, like SCP-682 could have been good...

Login or register to comment