• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 6,603 Views, 406 Comments

My Little Pony vs .......... - Ecthelion_Yuda



The mane six duel to the death with some of the greatest fighters and monsters ever.

  • ...
33
 406
 6,603

My Little Ponies, welcome to Hell.

The sun rose slowly over the peaceful little Equestrian village of Ponyville. Ponies slept soundly in their beds while birds whistled and chirped happily to themselves. In a large tree on the edge of town though, a young lavender unicorn was already hard at work reorganising her bookshelves. While she had been sleeping, Twilight Sparkle had had the idea to organise her books by author name, rather than by title, and so now bothe she and her somewhat disgruntled baby dragon assisstant Spike were clearing all of the shelves ready to re stack them. Despite the ungodly hour, the two workers had already accomplished a great deal.

"So," Spike enquired. "What are you gonna do when we're finished here?"

Twilight Shrugged. "Probably go to the spa with Rarity or see if Applejack needs any help. I hadn't really thought that far ahead."

Spike yawned loudly, allowing a small spark of flame to escape his maw and attach to the book he was holding. Twilight whirled around and extinguished the flames that had started devouring the book in Spike's claws. The dragon's face turned gradually red with shame as Twilight Sparkle scowled at him.

Suddenly, dark laughter began to fill the room, quiet at first but building into a deafening roar of malicious humour. The sun grew dimmer and dimmer until it was almost completely blotted out from the sky. A mighty wind tore through the library, sending books and papers flying everywhere.

In the far right hand corner, a foul green ball of swirling and pulsating light rose up and the villainous laughter grew louder and louder still. Twilight could easily distinguish between two seperate voices now, one male and the other female. Twilight shielded her eyes as the disgusting orb of light swelled and exploded with an incredible flash.

Stood there, towering over the quivvering purple unicorn, were Crysalis and Discord.

"YOU!?" Twilight shrieked in utter disbelief. "How did you escape from your statue? And how did YOU get back into Equestria without Celestia knowing?"

Twilight was absolutely terrified and the two demons before her knew it. Their very presence was a source of fear for virtually every living being in Equestria, and even more so for Twilight and her gang. Crysalis stepped forward and with a menacing glint in her eye hissed into Twilight's ear.
"All in due time child, all in due time."

Discord threw his head backed and laughed heartily. Crysalis merely glared down at Twilight, smiling with a grin that conveyed pure hatred. Her twisted, broken horn began to glow and before Twilight could do anything to stop her, the unicorn had already been engulfed in the vile green light...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, in a cottage next to the Everfree Forest, a little yellow pegasus was tending to her animals. Fluttershy quietly went around to each of the hutches in her garden and gently reached inside, waking every single bunny, guinea pig, hamster and even two lizards with a warm hug. Every little animal greeted her with a happy smile and a cute noise which made Fluttershy very glad.

One rabbit however was growing increasingly impatient with the young mare and slapped his foot repeatedly agaisnt the floor of his hutch, demanding to be fed. Fluttershy tenderly told Angel Bunny that he would simply have to wait, just like all of the other animals in Fluttershy's care. As expected, Angel Bunny was none too impressed with the idea of having to wait and continued to tap his foot loudly and evermore impatiently.

Fluttershy softly beat her wings and she began to fly up the huge tree that stood proudly just outside her house. Once she was among the branches and leaves, Fluttershy opened her mouth and sang out a pretty little five note phrase. Most of the birds and squirrels in th tree whistled or chirped their echo to the mare's singing. Satisfied that all of her little friends were awake, Fluttershy let herself descend. She nodded and headed into the kitchen to start making breakfast.

In the kitchen, Fluttershy was busy chopping lettuce leaves and mixing fruit salads when two exceptionally large porcupines scuttled quietly into the room and crept up right behind her. Fluttershy was startled by them at first, but quickly offered them a bowl of apples each by way of apology. The porcupines glanced at each other before letting their disguise fall. As the façade of porcupines crumbled away, the creatures revealed their true nature. Grinning menacingly at the petrified pony were two changelings. Their horns began to glow a sickly green and Fluttershy saw a burst of green light before everything went black...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out in the Badlands, Rarity was busy finding gem stones to use in her latest dress design. She needed several hundred rubies, so she had decided to head out early to get as much work done as possible today. However, while Rarity understood the importance of working hard, she absolutely loathed doing the dirty work herself. There was a reason that she usually brought Spike along on these little treasure hunts.

"Oh," Rarity cursed when a clump of dirt landed on her delicate white fur. "Why didn't I leave it an hour or two before coming out here?" Rarity moaned as she levitated her shovel over to the left of the hole she had been digging and emptied it onto the small mound that had accumulated. "I really wish I had my little Spikey Wikey here to help me."

Rarity drove her shovel once again into the dirt, this time hearing a very loud clang of metal as her shovel made contact with a particularly large gem stone. "Jackpot!"

As Rarity began to yank the gem out of the ground, her ears pricked up. She could hear a faint scrabbling noise behind her, quiet but close. She span around, looking in all directions, but saw no one. Not entirely trusting of the apparent silence of the Badlands, Rarity went back to the gem stone, but made sure to keep an ear open in case she heard anything else. But as soon as her attention had returned to the gem, Rarity heard the scrabbling noise again, as well as hushed voices whispering underground.

Rarity didn't even stop to think, she just dropped her shovel and bolted. She knew what those voices belonged to, and after her last run in with the Diamond Dogs, Rarity knew that she had to get out of there and fast. Looking behind her, Rarity saw two large Diamond Dogs burst out of the ground and start chasing her down at a full sprint. Rarity dropped every gem stone she had collected in order to make herself lighter so she could run faster.

Rarity could see the edge of the Badlands just a few hundred yards away and the Diamond Dogs were still too far behind to catch her up before she could make it back to Ponyville. She smiled to herself, lowered her head and charged on. Suddenly, the ground under Rarity broke apart and two muscular paws leapt up towards her. The grubby canine appendages wrapped around her middle and started pulling her down. The white pony shrieked in terror as the Diamond Dog began dragging her underground.

"Stop squirming Pony!" The Diamond Dog whispered in his raspy disgusting voice. "The Mistress wants you in good condition."

Rarity squealed one last time before the ground swallowed her up completely...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie was working the morning shift at Sugarcube Corner. Mr and Mrs Cake were still very tired, having been up all night looking after Pound Cake and Pumkin Cake, so Pinkie had offered to take the entire day working the shop. However, Pinkie Pie was begining to regret taking the morning shift in addition to her own. It wasn't that the shop was especially busy, far from it in fact. Pinkie had been watching the shop for two hours now and the only other pony that had come in was Derpy who came in to buy a muffin before heading off on her rounds.

Pinkie Pie yawned and put her head down on the counter. She was SO BORED! There were only so many things that a party pony extrovert like her could do by herself, and she had almost exhausted the list. Since nopony else seemed to be coming in, Pinkie Pie decided that she would bake some cupcakes to pass the time. She thought back to the cupcakes she had baked with Apple Bloom and chuckled to herself. They had not been great cupcakes, but they sure were fun to make.

"Alright, what do we have?" Pinkie Pie asked as she started humming to herself. She threw every cupboard door in the entire shop open and bounced around trying to find all of the necessary ingredients for her cupcakes. "Cup of flour, something sweet (not sour), pinch of salt and a teaspoon of vanilla...vanilla? Where's the vanilla? How can we not have vanilla?"

Pinkie Pie grabbed some money and bounced out the door. She made sure to flip the sign on the door to CLOSED to let everypony know that there was nopony in the shop. Still bouncing like a bright pink rubber ball, Pinkie Pie headed towards the store. She'd only be a few minutes, so she wasn't too worried about missing any customers.

Pinkie hopped gleefully through the almost deserted streets of Ponyville. The few ponies that she did come across all looked tired and lethargic and clearly were not looking forward to the day ahead. Pinkie shook her head in confusion. She couldn't understand how anypony wouldn't be excited about each new day. After all, there were always new things to do and new friends to make and so much more that each new day provided.

After about a minute, Pinkie Pie opened her eyes, just to make sure that she hadn't gone too far. Lying at her feet was a small red lollipop. She bent down and picked it up, examined it and looked around to see if there was anypony who might have dropped it.

"Hey, did anypony lose a lollipop?"

The only reply that Pinkie Pie got was her own echo and the sound of the breeze whistling through the trees and buildings that surrounded her. Since no one had answered, Pinkie Pie decided that whoever had lost it probably wasn't looking for it. Perhaps it was the universe rewarding her for being such a good friend to everypony! Satisfied that no one was going to miss it, Pinkie Pie popped the lollipop into her mouth.

The flavour was interesting to say the least and not altogether that pleasant. As Pinkie Pie sucked on the lollipop, she began to feel herself getting dizzy and she started to sway from side to side. She tried to take a few more steps, but stumbled to the ground and collapsed in an unconscious pink heap...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over at Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was already brining in the first cartload of apples of the day. Being a farmer meant that she was always up at the crack of dawn each and every day, ready to work. After emptying her cart into the huge storage barrel in the barn, Applejack trotted back out into the orchard. Harvest season was just begining on the farm, so she had to try and get as many apples as she could just as they turned ripe.

Applejack picked her next tree and looked it up and down before turning around and facing in the opposite direction. Applejack pulled her hind legs in as close to her chest as she could and leaned onto her front legs. When she had finally found her balance, she threw her hind legs out behind her. They collided with the tree with incredible power, making a titanic crashing sound as twigs, leaves and apples were knocked clean out of the tree.

Applejack gathered up all of the apples and dropped them into her cart, making sure to remove any mud, leaves and bits of twig. Applejack worked fast and had cleared another thee trees before she had to bring her haul back into the barn. Once again, Applejack emptied her cart and set off again into the orchard.

But as Applejack was coming out of the barn, the air began to grow colder. Out to the west, an extremely menacing dark cloud was rolling in and it was coming in fast. Applejack barely had time to lock up the barn before she was surrounded in a midnight blue shroud of mist. The mist swirled around the young farm pony, blocking everything else from view. Applejack looked left and right, trying to find a way out of the cloud, but a tall black and blue alicorn blocked her path.

"N-Nightmare Moon!?"

The demonic alicorn laughed maliciously at the fear manifested in Applejack's face, showing off all of her brillant white fangs. The dark blue cloud began to constrict around the two mares and Applejack found herself creeping towards Nightmare Moon. The alicorn stared down at Applejack, her eyes brimming with absolute hatred for the farm pony. She laughed without mirth at the terrified orange form before her.

"You stupid little foal! You didn't think that you could just displace me from that weak minded princess and not suffer any consequences did you? Now, thanks to Discord I have a body of my own instead of having to rely on the services of pathetic weak willed mares!"

Before Applejack was absorbed entirely by the swirling cloud of of sparkling blue shadow, Nightmare Moon forced her to the floor, bending her front knees.

"Yes child, bow to your true ruler..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash glanced at her schedule. Today had to be one that everypony could properly enjoy, so from the break of dawn she had been clearing the clouds from the sky. For some reason the other weather ponies were no where to be found so she had to do the job all by herself.

Not that there was any problem with working alone. Rainbow Dash often felt that the other ponies weren't really pulling their weight effectively. After all, she could clear the sky above Ponyville town square in ten seconds flat, but Cloud Chaser and Great Scott seemed to move like withered old men.

Rainbow Dash flipped around in the air and drove her back right hoof straight through a threatening looking storm cloud, dispersing immediately. Thank Celestia that Derpy wasn't around. Rainbow Dash looked back at her tail, the faint trace of a burn mark was still visible from where she had been struck by lightning.

Rainbow Dash flew underneath a small cloud and burst through it in as dramatic a pose as she could, bowing to the imaginary applause that welled around her. Looking up, Rainbow Dash noticed three black streaks moving across the sky. Sparks of electricity flew from the cloud streams and Rainbow Dash could physically feel the hatred and anger growing inside her. There were only three ponies that she knew of that left smoke trails like those: The Shadow Bolts, agents of Nightmare Moon. Rainbow Dash was still somewhat bitter that she had never been able to get her revenge on them for what they tried to make her do.

Rainbow Dash soared above the cloud line and spotted the dark clad yellow eyed freaks off in the distance. Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes and darted forward. As Rainbow Dash got closer to the Shadow Bolts, she began to suspect that something wasn't quite right. The Shadow Bolts appeared not to have noticed her at all. Surely they must have realised that they were being followed by now. Just then, one of the Shadow Bolts dropped out of the sky, falling like a house brick.

Rainbow Dash realised a second to late what was going on. The Shadow Bolts that she was following were not the real Shadow Bolts, they were just decoys. Rainbow Dash wheeled around in mid flight to try warn the others, but a hard blow to the head knocked her out cold and sent her into a free fall...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they came to, the six little ponies were standing on what appeared to be a solid black platform. It was difficult to distinguish it from everything else, because they seemed to be stranded in some completely black room. Miraculously, each of the ponies was completely visible to each other so that fact made them feel a little bit better. Fluttershy was already crying, Rarity looked like hell, Pinkie Pie was still swaying and throwing up, Applejack was a quivering wreck and Rainbow Dash was rubbing her head where a rather large bump had appeared. Only Twilight Sparkle seemed to be thinking rationally.

Unfortunately, before she could start comforting her friends, three figures appeared in front of them: The tall serpentine image of Discord, God of Chaos; the deep blue and black shimmering image of Nightmare Moon; and the tattered and torn figure of Chrysalis, the Queen of the Changelings. Discord stepped forward and began to speak.

"Hello my little ponies! It's been such a long time since we last saw each other, but I have to say I prefer you as scared little pets. I bet you're wondering where you are, aren't you? Well, this is what some of you might call suspended reality, but I call it Home. Or at least, I've had to ever since your darling little Sun Princess trapped me in a block of stone. That's right girls, you're inside my statue!"

Twilight's eyes widened in horror. The idea of Discord's prison was that not even a being as powerful as a god could escape from it. How were six regular ponies supposed to escape? Chrysalis took a few steps forward to continue from where Discord had left off.

"Each of us has some sweet revenge that we would like to enact on you. You ruined my plans for Equestria by meddling with that wedding, you imprisoned Discord in a statue and banished Nightmare Moon from her rightful place. So, thank's to our combined powers, we have worked out a fitting way to punish you for what you have done to us."

Nightmare Moon moved up beside her two allies.
"We have generated a series of duel arenas in this subspace wherein we have placed some of the most ferocious beasts and talented warriors from every possible dimension and have instructed them to kill you."

The six ponies all collectively gasped. They had expected imprisonment, maybe a showdown with their three nemeses, but having to run away from complete strangers whose powers may be completely new to the ponies terrified them all completely.

"But don't fret little dears," Nightmare Moon continued. "There are a few rules to this little game of ours. All you have to do to escape from each arena is to be alive at the end. In short," The demon paused, letting the suspense increase exponentially among her captives. "You have to kill your opponent."

Fluttershy almost fainted. Their whole lives, the six ponies had lived according to a belief in love and tolerance of everyone, regardless of who they were or what they may have done in the past, but now in order to survive, they would have to kill. Twilight Sparkle was finding it harder to breath as the monologue continued.

"There are a few other details that we feel we ought to let you know before throwing you in with the beasts of Tartarus. Every time a battle ends, a portal will open up granting you access either to the outside world or to the next arena. Once you step through that, any damage you may have sustained in your previous duel will be erased, including any limbs you may have lost. Each battle brings you one step closer to your freedom, so if you ever want to see Ponyville again, I suggest that you move swiftly. Remember, we are in a state of suspended reality, so certain rules do not apply. Most notably, you will never get hungry or thirsty nor will you ever grow tired. This means that unless you kill your way to victory, you can be stranded here for an eternity while the world outside moves on without you."

The looks of terror on the faces of the ponies had been replaced by looks of absolute rage. Even Fluttershy was snarling and gnashing her teeth violently. They had no choice in this, they were going to have to become killers if they ever wanted to make it out of here. The group huddled together and readied themselves for the upcoming bloodbaths. Noticing this, Discord laughed and pointed at the ponies.

"What," Discord asked through fits of laughter. "You think we're going to send you in together? Foolish mortals, why would we ever make things that easy for you!? Good luck my little ponies!"

And with that, the six ponies vanished in flashes of white light, separated from each other. Alone and afraid, the ponies readied themselves as much as they could for the upcoming onslaught, but not one of them was certain that they could ever bring themselves to actually kill anyone. As they fought among themselves in their heads, the first wave of their opponents was already hunting them down and high above, three cruel and evil beings watched on in absolute ecstasy.

May the games begin................