• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 23,635 Views, 1,344 Comments

Wolverine: The Equestrian Myth - Axel IV



Wolverine finds himself in Equestria...

  • ...
70
 1,344
 23,635

A Sudden Rescue (Part 1)

The tunnel was pitch black, and the only sounds Logan could hear were his footsteps and the body of the dead saber-tooth dragging on behind him. The air smelled of dirt, fire, blood... and oddly, the scent of strange smelly dogs. The body of the saber-tooth tiger was really blocking his sense of smell, but even then it wouldn't help it navigate his way out of the place. He was constantly listening for anything unusual, monitoring the air for any breeze that could be the link to his way out. Something built these tunnels... and he was going to find out what one way or another.

He'd been walking for quite a while... he was positive that it was for nearly half an hour. His free hand was feeling the walls, leading him through tunnel after tunnel after tunnel. He ran into an occasional torch, and when he did it always meant that the there was a fork surrounding it leading to more tunnels.

"Damn, " He grumbled to himself, "Where is this leading me?... " He managed to make it up to another torch, with three different paths to choose from. He was getting rather tired of dragging the heavy tiger behind him, and he was thinking of ditching it very soon.

It was then he heard the sounds of... talking?

His ears immediately perked up, finding the source coming from the tunnel to the left.

Logan released his grip on the tiger's neck, going into a crouch to silently tread through into the darkness. He clenched his fists, his razor sharp claws slowly and quietly emerging from between his knuckles. He watched his breath, feeling the tunnel wall as it curved and traveled before finally spotting some light at the way end of the tunnel.

"...dumb ponies... " A rather dull, screechy voice grumbled. Wolverine kept moving, listening closely to pick up the conversation that was now not too far away.

"Yeah, " another dopey voice added, "really dumb! Found my favorite gem I put under my favorite rock!"

"Hm?!" The other growled, "You put gem under favorite rock on surface?! Are you stupid?! Why you have favorite rock?!"

"No!" It replied, "Am not! I thought hiding places were best right underneath their noses!"

"...You really stupid!" The other voice cackled, "We are diamond dogs! We don't like the surface!"

"Diamond dogs?" Logan repeated to himself. He recalled reading something about these creatures... animals that lived burrowed underground. They collected jewels, but he couldn't really recall the reason why. He approached the corner of the tunnel, slowly leaning his head out to catch a glimpse of them.

"Wow, " He said to himself, "They look... really stupid... " The diamond dogs appeared slightly bipedal, but their arms reached the ground as thought they were apes. They wore poorly fashioned grey vests with black collars on their necks that had diamonds crafted into them. There was only two of them, and they were bickering near another fork in the tunnels. Their front legs, or arms, were rather massive, making Logan suspect that those muscles were what gave the dogs the abilities to tunnel this far through the earth.

"I like the surface sometimes, " The diamond dog mumbled, "The boss came from the surface..." The dog lifted up a grubby claw, jabbing it up toward the ceiling of the cave.

"That's because the boss ain't a diamond dog!" The other snarled, "Quit being stupid! You're being dumb like a pony!" The other dog gasped, gritting his teeth in irritation.

"Am not!" The dog growled, slamming his paws into the dirt, "You're stupid!"

"Quiet, you two!" Another diamond grumbled, his large body emerging from the shadows. His lips were curled up into a smile, his canines in plain sight. Apparently, he was the leader of the two.

"What you want, Rover?" One of the dogs grumbled, "Found any food? Or jewels? Or both?"

"No, but I found something else that's good, " He chuckled, "One of them little ponies crawled in here... "

"Little ponies?" Logan asked himself, "I thought I was far enough away from any towns or villages..." He edged closer, but made sure that he stayed out in the shadows for the most part. He wouldn't want to reveal himself too soon.

"Oh! Is it a uny-corn?" One of the dogs asked as he jumped up and down, "Can it use magic?"

"It's 'unicorn'! And yes, it is one of the magic ponies... " Rover chuckled, rubbing his grubby paws together sisterly, "I bet you that it could help us find some more treasure for the boss..."

"Ooh! Ooh! Good idea!" One of the dogs exclaimed, clapping his giant paws together, "Maybe the boss will like us more! Good plan, good plan! Where is the pony?!"

"We got it locked up good, " Rover cackled, "C'mon!" He suddenly turned, placing his paws onto the ground as he immediately took off down the dark tunnel. The two other diamond dogs followed suit, their paws thumping audibly through the dirt.

"Damnit! I can't lose them... " Logan growled, sheathing his claws as he took off after them, He sprinted into the dark tunnel after them, his feet padding quietly on the ground. Now that he could track their scent, he didn't have to feel around the tunnel to know when to change directions. He followed them quickly, making sure not to get too close as he traveled through the winding paths, sprinting through forks, ascending and descending. Maybe finding that pony would be his ticket out of there.





Dinky Hooves was cold, crying, and terrified. The prison she was in was crafted by dirt, with thick iron bars holding her inside the crudely made cell. Her grey coat was splattered with dirt, her mane unkempt and flaying out in wild directions. Her small body was quivering in the corner of the cell, her small eyes closed tightly as hot tears drizzled down her small cheeks.

Her day had started out just fine; she woke up, her mother made her muffins, and she had been off to school. She met up with her friend Rumble, and the two sat next to each other in the schoolhouse. Everything had been okay until the class was dismissed... and then Diamond Tiara started to tease her.

"Ugh, " Diamond Tiara grumbled, her hoof lightly flipping her mane, "Dinky, your mom needs to seriously have some eye-surgery. She came to our house to deliver our mail and she ended up face down in the dirt. I'm surprised she hasn't lost her stupid job yet."

"Hey!" Dinky growled, "Y-You take that back!"

"Oh, that's right, " Tiara smirked, "You can't afford to have your mom's eyes fixed, can you? It's sad, the way everypony in town laughs when they see her slam into their walls. I almost feel sorry for you." Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara laughed together, walking away and leaving behind a very hurt Dinky. They did this everyday, and Dinky finally had enough. Today, she was going to go gem hunting and get the shiniest, most beautiful diamond ever. Maybe then she could have enough money to help her mother, and maybe ponies wouldn't make fun of her anymore.

But of course, with Dinky's luck, she ended up getting captured by the diamond dogs while she was out searching. She took one step into the lands where Rarity often found her jewels, and before she knew it she accidentally fell into the long tunnels, dropping right into the laps of the foul creatures.

And now here she was... her little heart beating from anxiety like a drum. What were the diamond dogs going to do?... Hold her for ransom? Eat her? Send her into slavery?! She didn't know, and that's what terrified her most.

The sound of pounding paws alerted her, making her gasp as she tried to burrow herself even more into the corner. Three large diamond dogs stepped out of the shadows, panting slowly as their teeth moved up and down in their jaws. Dinky hid her face with her fore-hoof, not able to stop her trembling.

"There it is... " The diamond dog who caught her chuckled, "The lil' pony..."

"A little too little, ain't she?" The other grumbled, ambling over to the iron bars, "I bet she can't even use magic right!"

"Hmph!" The last one growled, "Then what do we do, Rover? Throw her out?" Dinky glanced up from her hoof, a small glimmer of hope twinkling in her eyes.

"Nah, " Rover smirked, "We'll give 'er to the boss... he hasn't had a meal in a long time... " Dinky's hope immediately vanished.

"I wonder what ponies taste like... " One of the dogs began to salivate, "I wonder if they're real tough... or really squishy... that pony looks a tiny bit crunchy...." he licked his lips, rubbing his paws together as he chuckled.

"Let... l-let me go... " Dinky whined quietly, "O-Or else... I-I"

"Or else what, hm?!" Rover snarled, "Nopony's comin' to get you! Nopony knows you're down here! There's no way you're gettin' outta here... " He growled, his paw gripping the iron bar, "And there is nothing... nothing you can do, you little pony!" Dinky began to cry once more, sobbing loudly into her furry hoof as her tears smeared the mud and dirt underneath her eyes.

"...Let her go."

"Huh?" Rover blinked, looking over at one of the other diamond dogs, "You say something?"

"Um... " The dog scratched his head, "I... I don't think so.... "

"Let. Her. Go."

"There it is again!" Rover blinked, looking over at the other diamond dog, "Did you say something?"

"No!" The dog shook his head, "I didn't!"

"For christ's sake, I'm behind your fat hairy asses!"

Dinky looked up, sniffling quietly before dropping her jaw. Standing behind the three diamond dogs was... well, she didn't know what it was. The creature was bipedal, its skin a tan or peach color. Fur ran down its chest and its arms, but the majority of it was on the creature's head. It was wearing pants and boots, and at the ends of its arms were...not hooves or paws?

"Huh?" Rover blinked, "What's that?" It jerked back, pointing a grubby digit of its paw, "You're no diamond dog!"

"Thank god I'm not... " The creature replied, "Or else I'd have to ride the short bus back home from the battlefield all the time. Now, be nice little puppies and let the little pony go." The diamond dogs looked over at each other before bursting out into laughter.

"You funny, little creature!" Rover snarled in laughter, "You think you can take on three- "

The creature's closed fist broke into Rover's cheek, sending the diamond dog flying through the air. Rover's back smashed into the iron, bars, and Dinky could hear the air getting ripped from his lungs before the dog fell unconscious.

The other two diamond dogs barely had time to blink.

The creature grabbed the back of their heads and slammed them into each other, and Dinky swore that she heard a sickening crack echo into her cell. The two dogs slumped onto their backs, their tongues hanging out of their jaws as they ceased their movement.

Dinky froze, watching the strange figure make its way up to the iron bars, grabbing and throwing Rover out of the way. She had been scared of the diamond dogs... but this thing intimidated her on a whole new level.

"Hey, " It grumbled, its voice deep and throaty, "What's your name?... "

"D... D... " Dinky tried to respond, her quaking body making it difficult to form words, "D... Dinky.... "

"Alright, Dinky... " It nodded, "Do you know how to get out of here?" It placed its two strange hooves onto the iron bars, and she could see the digits clenching tightly.

"Y....Yes... " Dinky replied, "I..... I think so..."

"Good, " The creature began to pull back onto the bars, "My name's Logan... " His muscles bulged, the bars bending back, screeching in protest. Before long, there was a whole big enough for the little pony to squeeze through.

"Come on, " Logan frowned, backing away, "I won't hurt you. I want to get out of here just as much as you, okay? So let's leave before more of those things show up." Dinky gave a shrill squeak, nodding obediently as she got up on shaky hooves. She moved slowly to the entrance Logan made, crawling under it and to the other side.

"Okay, " Wolverine stated, "Let's get a move on. Lead the way." The human watched the small filly stagger into a direction, moving painfully slow. Logan sighed, rolling his eyes as he walked over towards her.

"What are you? A new breed of turtle?" She felt his hands slide over her body and she let out a cry, tears blasting out of her eyes as she panicked.

"Hey!" Wolverine growled, "Quiet! I'm going to carry you, you little shit." He placed her so that her haunches rested on the top of his back, her head peaking out above his, her forehooves wrapped around his forehead as her back legs rested on his shoulders.

"See? Easier, isn't it?" Logan grumbled, "Now, let's get going. And, I swear to god if you get so scared that you piss... well, if I told you I'm sure it would happen." She whimpered quietly, her hooves squeezing tighter around his head.





In Ponyville, the sun was shining bright in the sky, and few clouds dared to block its glorious rays down onto the ponies of Equestria. Celestia's burning star was slowly taking its daily fall, moving closer and closer to the horizon. The school was out, shops were preparing to close, and work was getting wrapped up at Sweet Apple Acres.

For Twilight and her new study buddy, Lyra, the day seemed like it was going to end soon on this perfect note

Unfortunately, a grey mare flying her head into the wall beside the door had something to say otherwise.

The impact shook the house, the trembling causing a few leaves to drop from the large tree that housed the library. Twilight and Lyra were busy sitting at the table in the center of the big room, and both jumped up about three feet in surprise.

"What was that?!" Twilight blinked, looking over at her door, "That can't be Rainbow Dash... she always hits the windows... so then it must be-"

"TWILIGHT!" The familiar voice of Ditzy cried outside, "I NEED YOUR HELP!" Twilight jumped off her stool and swiftly trotted over to her door.

"Ditzy?" Twilight blinked, opening the door to see the pegasus, "What's wrong?" Ditzy was a complete mess. Her mane was ruffled more than usual, her eyes turning red and puffy with worry. She was sitting on her haunches in front of the doorway, her two pupils trying so hard to focus on Twilight.

"Twilight!" Ditzy cried, "You have to help me! I-I c-can't find Dinky anywheeerrreee!" She sobbed, her tears running down her cheeks, "S-She's a-always home after school, but she- she didn't come home today! And nopony knows where s-she is!" Her words were broken between her sharp breaths.

"Oh no, " Twilight gasped, "I'm so sorry! Do you have any idea where she could be? Maybe she's with some friends?"

Ditzy cried out even louder, "D-Dinky doesn't have any friends she hangs out with," She sniffled, "It's all my fault... I'm such a careless mother... if o-only I was a better mom... and i-if I wasn't such a failure.... " She raised her hoof to begin wiping at her eyes, finding it hard just to make words.

"Ditzy, you aren't a failure," Lyra smiled, making her way towards the doorway, "In fact, you're one of the most loving and caring mothers that I have ever known. I'm sure that she'll turn up soon, and if not I know that we can find her!" Ditzy wiped her face for a few more moments before giving a nod and a small smile.

"T-Thanks, " She sniffled, getting some help from Twilight's hoof to stand, "I-I guess I'll start by flying around Ponyville again... m-maybe she's just in a shop or something..."

"Good idea, Ditzy!" Twilight nodded, "She's out there somewhere! I'll go ask around about her. Lyra, go to the school and try and find Cheerilee... maybe she might know where Dinky has run off to." Lyra gave a comical salute with her green hoof before immediately taking off, storming down the street in a cloud of dust.

"Why don't you go inside for a second and rest, Ditzy?" Twilight asked, "Tell Spike what's up. I'm sure he'll make you a nice cup of tea, and if you ask nicely, he'll even bake you a fresh batch of muffins. How does that sound?"

"Thank you, Twilight, " Ditzy smiled, "This means a lot to me... you were one of the first ponies to not laugh at seeing my eyes for the first time... I owe you so much... " She stumbled into the doorway, and Twilight closed it behind her. Sighing, Twilight put on her serious face and took off into the town. While she knew that Dinky didn't have many friends, she knew of the closest one she had: Rumble. Maybe he had an idea of where she went.





"You're a unicorn, right? Can't you use your magic or something to light the tunnel?"

"I... well... I'm not very good... at magic... "

"You can at least try it."

"Whenever I do... it blows up in my face.... "

"Gee... out of all the little unicorn ponies, I get the one with an impotent horn."

"What does impotent mean?"

"It means- hey, do I take a left or right here?" The little grey filly was still sitting around Logan's head, giving him directions as best she could. She had quite a memory, but it was easy to forget the twists and turns the tunnels made. They had been walking for what seems like hours... she was initially terrified, but Logan had done nothing to harm her... well, physically at least.

"Left, right, or middle?" Logan grumbled, "I don't have all day... I'm getting tired of smelling dirt and dog shit."

"R-Right.... I think.... " Dinky said, "And I think that it starts going uphill... and that's where the exit is... " She was being taken back by the strange creature's language... she knew of the curse words, but ponies rarely used them at all. It was as if there was an unspoken ban on them.

"About time, " He muttered, stomping his way through the dirt, "I'm getting rather sick of playing babysitter here." Dinky kept a firm grip around his head, her body rocking slightly with each one of his footsteps.

"Hey... um... Logan?" Dinky asked, "What exactly... are you?"

"A hairy asshole that's lived too long." He replied with a frown, "That's all I'd like you to know. Actually, I want you to forget you ever saw me."

"Why?" She blinked, "But... you saved me..."

"Yeah?" Logan mumbled, "Doesn't matter. My life here has to be a secret... you could say that I'm under the employment of the princesses." He grumbled.

"Really?" She gasped, "You mean Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?!"

"Yep, " He sighed, "Sunbutt and Moon-Fart, respectively. So tell me, what exactly were you doing down here? I imagine you weren't asking for a cup of sugar or anything." Dinky shook her head, casting her eyes on the ground as she recalled.

"No, " She whimpered quietly, "I...I came here looking for gems..."

"Jewels? For what?"

"I... I want to help my mom... "

"How will getting shiny objects help her exactly?... "

Dinky sniffled, "My mom... is always being teased for her eyes... they don't look forward, and sometimes they go in different directions... she works real hard everyday, and sometimes she has a hard time bringing food to the table. But I know she loves me a lot, and I love her so much too."

"So, " Logan began, "You want to get enough jewels to pay for her eyes to get fixed?"

"Yes, " Dinky nodded, "I... I want to help her feel normal... just because she's different from everypony else doesn't mean she's less than them... she has a heart just like they do, and she cries just like they do... its just because of one stupid reason that they treat her like that... " She said quietly.

"Just because she's different, huh?" Logan said, tightening his fist silently, "Yeah.... I know what that's like." More than you know...

"But I guess I'm just a failure... " Tears began to form in her eyes, "I... I got captured instead, and I still couldn't find any jewels to help her...." She began to sob, and Logan could feel her wet tears dripping into his hair.

"Hey, " Logan sighed, "Stop crying. That's not gonna solve anything... I bet that your mother's probably freaking out and looking for you. What about your father?"

"Father?" Dinky said quietly, "I... I never knew him... he left when I was small, and... "

"It's fine, " Logan stated, "You don't have to tell me." The tunnel began to slowly ascend, and it wasn't long before Logan was finally walking uphill, smelling the scent of the Everfree Forest however faintly.

"What about you?" Dinky asked, "What about your family?... "

"My family?" Logan frowned, "Well... I don't remember my parents. But I did have something like a family once."

"Really?" Dinky looked down at him, "What were they like?"

"Well, " Wolverine thought for a second, "There was this prick who shot lasers from his eyes, a bald guy who sat in a chair all the time, a woman that loved me but didn't love me at the same time, and a blue kid that could teleport. There were more, but if I said them all you'd be here for a week."

"Um, wow... " Dinky blinked, "Did... did you love your family?"

Wolverine grinned in the dark, "Love, huh? Let's just say that they were the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I'm sure you are the best thing that's ever happened to your mother... if you love her just the way she is, why should she change? Sure, she probably gets teased now and then, but I'm sure that she cares about you so much that she doesn't worry about any of those other things."

"Wow... " Dinky smiled, giving his head a small hug, "Thank you... that... that means a lot..."

"Oh shit... " Logan stated suddenly, his expression grave.

"What is it?..."

"I just got sentimental towards a little pony. Goddamnit."

Author's Note:

If you think this crossover is decent, you should check out my new crossover! The Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf Rising. It's my take of a Zelda crossover, and I'd love to have your support! The link is in the comments!