• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 4,066 Views, 205 Comments

X-COM Ponies - Sneaky Breeze



Earth is under attack by savage aliens that want us as slaves but Discord wants to help us win?

  • ...
17
 205
 4,066

New Details.

Chap 19: New details.

Sneaky Breeze sat on a dry medical bed as he rubbed a towel over himself, trying to get off the fluids from the vita tank. To his side was Rock Fist, making sure Sneaky did not suddenly feel sick and being there to help him if he did. Around them were several medical staff checking to make sure there were no loose pieces of glass from when Rock cracked the glass of Sneaky’s vita tank enough that the fluid spilled out, as well as mopping the floor.

The sound of the med bays door opening brought curious looks from Sneaky and Rock as Commander Cotton entered the room, looking very tired and yet still wide awake.

“What happened here?” Cotton said, turning his head to see the state the med bay was in with multiple nurses mopping the floor.

“Uh, that’s part of the story,” Sneaky said as he blushed, hoping the commander wouldn’t be mad.

Cotton stepped closer to the bed Sneaky and Rock were sitting on and looked to the both of them.

“You called me down here. Is something wrong?” the human asked as he looked down at the two ponies. Rock cleared his throat and spoke to Cotton the way he would a superior.

“Sorry, sir, but I would prefer if this conversation were done in private. I am afraid this information is of a sensitive matter, sir,” Rock said, getting a few curious looks from the staff.

“Well, alright,” Cotton replied and turned to look at a nurse. “Is private Breeze ready to move out?”

“Yes sir. He was almost done with healing anyway and his injuries appear healed,” replied the nurse whose scrubs indicated that she was in charge. Cotton waved his hand for the ponies to follow him and led the way out of the medical bay, listening to the rhythmic trotting steps of the two ponies as he led them to his office where they could confide in him. With a quick hand movement he turned on the lights to his room and then pulled up some chairs for the two to sit.

“Take a seat if you want, and then let’s hear what is going on.”

Both Rock and Sneaky took their seats in front of the commander.

“Sir, there is a lot that you do not know about our world, things that are mundane to us but would frankly be amazing to you humans,” Rock began, standing at attention the whole time while Cotton took a seat behind his desk, making a note to finish the letter to the recently deceased base members later.

“Just cut to the chase, Sergeant.”

Rock visibly swallowed as he prepared to tell his commander the news. “One of our rulers, Princess Luna, has the ability to enter into a pony’s mind when they sleep, into their dreams. And moments ago she entered into Sneaky’s mind while he was healing in the vita tank.”

Cotton lifted an eyebrow and wasn’t sure what to think of this. ‘On the one hand, they are talking ponies with some kind of mystic power, and we are at war with aliens. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if bigfoot showed up riding Nessy.’Cotton thought and looked to Sneaky.

“Is this true?” he asked and Sneaky sat up in his chair.

“Yes sir, Commander. She was in my mind and I spoke with her, I told her a censored version of everything we have encountered on Earth so far.”

Cotton felt a twitch run through his body.

“What do you mean censored? What did you tell her, Private?” Cotton leaned forward, looking fairly imposing over the ponies.

“Don’t worry, Commander, I only told her about what planet we are on, who you are and the situation,” Sneaky said in one breath.

“Nothing that would jeopardize the base or Xcom.” He added and noticed drops of sweat running down his body as his wings trembled very slightly.

‘Why is the commander scaring me like this? He’s our friend.’Sneaky thought in his mind as a faint, nearly unnoticeable, energy came off from the commander.

Cotton sat back in his chair and thought about what he had been told. The room was silent, save for the breathing of the three and the hum of the base’s air conditioning unit. Many thoughts rolled through the commander’s mind as he pondered on what action to take. The ponies had proven themselves loyal members of the team and risked their lives for a world they knew next to nothing of.

“Okay, I want you both and Trixie and Ditzy to report to Vahlen and Central tomorrow at around two-thirty. You are going to tell her and her team about what happened. I won’t lock you up but if any of you cause problems you have to understand I will be forced to consider you a danger to the base.”

Sneaky looked to Rock for guidance and watched as he nodded.

“Yes sir, we will do as you order,” Rock said and sneaky nodded as well.

“And if you see this ‘Princess Luna’, tell her that Commander Cotton formally wishes her greetings from Earth and from Xcom,” Cotton said before dismissing the two.

“Get some rest, you will probably need it tomorrow,” he said and watched the two guard ponies salute him before leaving. Once they were gone Cotton quickly typed up a message detailing the recent events to Vahlen and to Central, as well as telling Central to make sure the base’s security personnel kept an extra but non-invasive eye on the ponies.
When finished he leaned back and placed his hands over his face.

“Dammit, I don’t want to handle this,” he said and rubbed his aching temples while he let his mind run through a million reasons why he should just report this to the NORAD base and turn the ponies over to them, and yet he couldn’t for fear they might be dissected or ill-treated as just a another alien race would have it out for humanity. And if their princess could sense that then humanity would ruin its only chances of peaceful contact.

“But that’s not my problem….or is it? Fuck I hate being in charge, being a grunt was easy.” Cotton said and brought up the letters he had been working on all night. He looked to them with uncertainty and then decided to focus on only them before heading to sleep for the night. When he was done he felt a sense of satisfaction and hoped that the families of the fallen were alright before he headed off to dream, all the while feeling an odd sensation but ignored it for a later date.



-Next day in the science wing.

Vahlen looked to the message the commander had left her, to study the ponies again and find out more about their world. She was more skeptical about the claim by Sneaky and Rock of their princess somehow visiting them in their minds but would follow the commander’s orders.

Vahlen rose from her desk and stepped out of her office in her usual labcoat and with her hair tied into a bun. Before her Rock and Sneaky were sitting before her while Trixie was nowhere to be found. Ditzy Doo, or Derpy as her nickname was, had been taken by Central for some questions.

“Where is Trixie?” Vahlen asked.

“Oh, she doesn’t want to leave her room but I think they will get her down eventually,” Sneaky said, without his usual peppy tone since the night before he had heard about the death of Ramos and was still getting over it.

“Alright, are we ready to begin?” Vahlen asked, her voice translated and picked up by the earpieces of those within her vicinity.

“Yes, Doctor.” Sneaky replied.

“Yes, Ma’am.” Rock said.

“We will just be going over more tests, some scans and then finally some questions,” she said before her and several other staff members began the busy day.

‘Though I would much prefer to talk to the commander about the incident with the Alpha Chrysalid, I guess it can wait till later,’ she thought, thinking of how Cotton had somehow shoved the Chrysalid away from Boris without touching it.


-Central’s office.

Central was seated at his desk with the friendliest smile he could muster as he looked to Derpy with her odd and yet oddly adorable crossed eyes.

“Did you want to see me, Mister Central?” Derpy asked while her eyes moved around as if of their own choice, when it was really just her looking around the room.

“Yes I did miss Do, as I’m sure you might know Sneaky met your princess last night.”

“Uhuh, he told me. Maybe she and Princess Celestia can get us home now,” Derpy said, practically beaming with joy.

“Perhaps, and we would love to get you home, you have helped us so much but before we do anything we would love to know more about your world, your peoples and its cultures,” Central said as several cameras in the room recorded everything.

“Well I wouldn’t mind telling you, what do you want to know?” she asked.

“Just start with these princesses of yours. Tell us everything you know, there is no rush.” he said as the conversation began and the cameras recorded a wealth of knowledge about the world the ponies came from, along with information about their rulers.

Meanwhile, as Cotton tried to regain some of the hours he had lost before, he was awoken from his sleep by a loud pounding and the voice of an angry old Asian engineer.

“Commander, Commander Cotton!” Dr. Shen said in a raised voice as he tried to wake the Commander up.

“Fuck sleep then,” Cotton said and forced himself to get off of his bed and slipped on some pants and answered the door.

“Commander, am I to assume the rumors are true?” Shen said looking uncharacteristically angry. Cotton rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked to Shen.

“What rumors?”

“That somehow the leaders of the world our pony friends came from have contacted them and the first thing you do is have them interrogated and experimented on?” Shen said, looking out of breath.

“No, calm down, Dr. Shen, that’s an order,” Cotton said, not wanting to be rude but he was getting a terrible migraine all of a sudden. Shen at first seemed ready to yell, but calmed himself.

“Commander, do you realize we have a chance for peaceful contact with another species?”

“Yes, I do. That’s why I ordered the tests. If we are going to meet them we may as well get to know as absolutely much as we can. I didn’t order our friends to be dissected, just to be asked some questions and studied a little more.”

Shen stood before the commander and after a few moments nodded. “Alright Commander, but they better not be injured. This could be a historic moment in human history, maybe pony history as well.”

“Yeah I hope so, now is there anything else?” he asked and Shen shook his head.

“No. Goodbye, Commander,” Shen turned and made his way back to the Engineering wing and to his office, taking a minute or two to check on the works of the other engineers and mechanics there.

Once Shen reached his office he checked his computer for any information or emails to him, one thing of interest caught Shen’s attention. A response had been given to Shen from his old colleague. When Shen opened it he could not help but smile, it seemed that the SHIV and HWP drones would get just what they needed to be completed.


Discord looked to the readers after finishing the chapter. “Well there is certainly a lot going on. And it seems I figured out what the princesses were doing. All that energy to contact Earth must have messed with reality, that’s probably why I couldn’t see what they were doing,” he said and played with his beard before looking to the readers and lifting an eyebrow.

“Oh what's that? You want to see what moi has been up to?” Discord smiled and snapped his fingers.

“Well, if you insist.”


-Aboard the alien’s cloning ship.

Sectoid Commander 742 awoke in one of the cloning rooms, all around him were large vats filled with the growing bodies of other clones. Clones made from his genes and programmed to follow only 742.

The Sectoid groaned internally as he held his large cranium. “What happened?” He asked no one in particular as he picked himself up to see what had occurred. He felt groggy and sore but in a similar manner to when a psionic connection was made to another being.

‘I was on the way to the cloning ship and then….that voice, was it real?’ He thought before the memories came flooding back to him, or at least memories that Discord allowed. 742 felt his eyes widen as he looked to a total of 57 cloning tubes with Sectoids inside, all ready to be grown and serve only 742. Their genes were as pure as could be, they would be better than most of their brethren and several more generations of clones could be extracted from them.

“A rebellion, a Sectoid rebellion,” 742 thought and stood upright, defiant, and filled with pride.

“It is time for the Sectoid race to stop being enslaved, this is the first step, and soon, I will be in command,” He said and set about trying to make more clones, and plotting the next steps in his mind.


Discord smiled. “Soon, everything is falling into place, and once this rebellion is in full swing the Ethereals will be in chaos as their empire crumbles around them. Then from the ashes of their rule, I will rise! Stronger than ever, feeding off of the combined chaos of Earth and the empire. Then I will turn my attention to Equestria. Then when I have fed off of my old home I won’t just have one world to play with, but entire dimensions.” Discord said, his eyes bright red with his madness fully in swing.

“All of existence in every universe, every world will be in chaos. As it was meant to be, and I shall sit atop a throne of chaos for all eternity.” He said and began laughing manically.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the big delay everyone. Just started college and it takes up most of my time. Don't worry I wont abandon the story but expect a fair amount of space between updates.

Also usual note of checking out my editor :scootangel: