• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 2,366 Views, 39 Comments

BIONIES: spirits of life - Dihinner



Matoro winds up here after his heroic death

  • ...
3
 39
 2,366

A Life or... not Life Situation

The clouds hung in the sky. Matoro looked up at them and sighed; up there is where the pegasi should be. Instead, four dangerous Makuta dwell in the sky for unknown reasons. Many attempts by the princess have been made to move the clouds but they all ended in failure. They just wouldn’t move. Matoro continued his morning search for the Hive. After Gorast’s attack yesterday he was certain that it was nearby. He also had a feeling it was near the farm. With the sun slowly rising in the sky, Matoro made his way to Sweet Apple Acres. Upon arrival, he noticed large chunks of stone lying on the ground. It seemed that he had walked into the battle field. He walked over to the recently cleared trees and followed the path that was formed. The sun had fully risen now and Matoro could tell that the day wouldn’t end well. While walking, he noticed he was being followed. He stopped.

“Whatever you want, I’m not the person to ask for it,” said Matoro.

“Ah, but you are Toa Matoro. You are the one I must ask. You are the only person alive to experience it.”

Matoro turned around to see a small black pony with red eyes; its mane looked like it was carved out of a shadow. Matoro instantly knew who it was. There was no fear in his voice when he spoke, “Makuta.”

The small pony smiled, “yes little Toa, it is I, Makuta.”

Matoro grimaced, “what do you want Makuta? Haven’t you caused enough harm in Metru nui?”

Makuta laughed, “Have you not realised the familiarities of this place? Did you not notice the familiarities of the sun and moon? Matoro, you are more at home than you were on Mata nui.”

Matoro glanced at the dark being in confusion, “what do you mean ‘more at home than on Mata nui’?”

The entity of darkness chuckled, “Matoro, were currently in Equestria. You were on the moon called Aqua Magna. Equestria just so happened to be in the perfect spot during the Great War. It severed with all the necessary components for life. Look into the sky Matoro. Look for the three planets.” With his parting words, Makuta exploded into shadow and disappeared. Matoro let out a heavy sigh and leaned against a tree. He wasn’t in a new world at all.

He’s returned to an old one.

******************************************************************************************

Hahli noticed the clouds darkening. Some small drops of rain started to fall. She knew the Makuta were making it rain. For what reason, she had no idea. She spotted Rainbow dash who, was sitting in a shallow creek. Hahli walked up to her, “what are you doing?”

Rainbow dash shrugged, “I don’t know. I just feel like being in water ok?”

Hahli laughed softly, “Are you trying to figure out your water element?”

Rainbow dash stared at her, “my what?”

“A few days ago, in the clouds, you became a Toa like Pinkie pie,” said Hahli, “you have a connection to water now.”

Rainbow dash watched the slowly moving water. She stared intently at it as it started to move around her. Her eyes widened as the water slowly moved into the air. The small pillars of water started to swirl around her is a protective sphere. All of a sudden, the water collapsed to the ground and the creek returned to its previous state.

“What the…” she breathed.

Hahli smiled, “just wondering, have you previously had experience handling water?”

Rainbow dash nodded proudly, “I’m captain of the weather team.”

“You must have moved clouds then. Clouds are made out of water. You may have tapped into your water element long before we arrived,” said Hahli.

Rainbow dash looked at the creek again. Then turned to Hahli, “why did you come here?”

“We came here on a rescue mission from someone we trusted,” Hahli sighed, “Now… I don’t know.”

“So will you be leaving soon?” asked Rainbow dash.

“In two days’ time, we will be gone.”

Rainbow dash nodded, “what about the missing pegasi and the Makuta?”

Hahli looked at the new Toa of water, “they will be found. That I promise.”

***************************************************************************************************

What is death? Matoro was still leaning against a tree when he noticed three small pony’s walk up to him. He turned around, expecting another unwelcomed Makuta. Instead, they were the three little fillies from the day the other Toa arrived.

“Um, hi Toa Matoro,” said the yellow one nervously.

“Hello little ones,” sighed Matoro, “what brings you over here?”

“Were looking for the missing pegasi,” said the orange one, “what are you here for?”

Matoro chuckled quietly, “the same reason you are.”

“Do you know where they are?” asked the white one.

“From what I know, there in a place called ‘The Hive’,” said Matoro, “the only problem is I don’t know where it is.”

“Well, maybe it’s nearby?” suggested the yellow pony.

Matoro nodded, “yeah, from the attack on yesterday, I’m certain it’s close by.”

“Attack? What attack?” asked the yellow pony.

“Yesterday there was an attack on Applejack and Toa Hewkii. Something happened to Applejack but we haven’t figured out what,” replied Matoro.

The yellow pony blinked, “what? Big Macintosh never said that Applejack was attacked!”

Matoro tilted his head, “are you related?”

The yellow pony nodded, “I’m Applebloom. Applejack is mah big sister. These are Scootaloo and Sweetie belle.”

“Nice to meet you,” said Sweetie belle.

Matoro nodded and started to walk into the grove of trees.

“Where are you going?” asked Scootaloo.

“Something’s off here,” said Matoro. He continued to walk until the tree’s just… stopped. Ahead of him was a barren field. “Strange…” he muttered.

“What’s so strange about a field?” asked Scootaloo.

“Hey Applebloom, did you know about this field?” asked Matoro.

She shook her head, “nope, I’ve never really wandered over here.”

Matoro looked at the field. He raised his Cordak blaster and aimed it at the center of the field.

“What are you doing?” asked Sweetie belle.

“I’m testing something. Stand back,” said Matoro as he fired the rocket at the seemingly empty field. The rocket soared through the air until it violently exploded upon hitting something.

But there was nothing there for it to hit.

The four stared at the now gaping hole in the middle of the field. All of a sudden, the field distorted to reveal a giant structure. They had found the hive.

“Wow…” the three fillies breathed.

“Wait a second… said Matoro as he heard a buzzing sound. He backed away slightly as it got louder.

“Mr. Toa Matoro, what is that?” asked Applebloom.

Matoro’s eyes widened upon realising what was causing the buzzing sound. “No time to explain. Run, as fast as you can. I’ll try to hold them off.”

“What is it?” asked Scootaloo.

“Visorak. Giant spiders from back home. Now hurry!” said Matoro as he readied his twin cutter.

“Are they dangerous?” asked Sweetie belle.

“Very dangerous, now GO!” said Matoro as the first few Visorak poured out of the hive. The three fillies ran as they heard the crackling of ice and the buzz saw like shrieks of the Visorak. They looked back for a moment to see Matoro freeze ten Visorak solid while four more were advancing on him. They winced slightly as Matoro spun around and his twin cutter nearly tore the Visorak’s face off. A stray Rhotuka spinner shot past the three and they continued to flee. When they returned to the farm panting for breath, they could still hear the shrieks of the spiders followed by a loud cracking sound. After that, the farm went silent for the rest of the day. The three then ran off to find the other Toa.

******************************************************************************************************

“He’s gone.”

Jaller turned to Hewkii, “what do you mean ‘he’s gone’?”

Hewkii shrugged, “Matoro mentioned that he would search for the hive in the morning. Three hours later and he still isn’t here.”

“Do you think he found it?” asked Jaller.

“I don’t know, maybe,” said Hewkii, “Applejack is still looking for her sister and her friends. Maybe they went with Matoro?”

“Maybe,” said Jaller.

“Mr. Toa Jaller! Mr. Toa Hewkii! Help!” yelled Applebloom.

The two Toa turned to see the three fillies running to them.

“What’s up?” asked Hewkii.

“Mr. Toa Matoro. He’s under attack by big spiders!” said Sweetie belle.

Jaller and Hewkii glanced at each other, “giant spiders?”

They nodded, “Mr. Toa Matoro called them Vhisorak.”

“You mean Visorak?” asked Jaller.

“Yeah, a whole lot of them came out of a big hive,” said Applebloom.

“Matoro found the hive?!” asked Hewkii.

“Well, he said it’s the hive. A lot of big spiders were in the hole he made,” said Scootaloo.

“If that is the hive we are looking for, then those were definitely Visorak,” said Jaller, “we have to get the others.”

Hewkii nodded, “what do you think happened to Matoro?”

Jaller sighed, “Knowing Matoro, he’ll be alright.”

****************************************************************************************

“Stupid Toa, nobody can defeat that many Visorak,” muttered Bitil as he kicked Matoro onto the floor and took off his mask.

Matoro glared at him, “tell that to the ones who failed to take me down.”

“Just be thankful Teridax wants you alive. If I had it my way, you would be splattered all over the hive by now,” said Bitil.

“Where are the pegasi?” asked Matoro.

Bitil laughed, “The worthless slaves? Why would you want to save them? We overrun their city in less than an hour!”

“I don’t recall seeing you up there,” muttered Matoro.

“Nor did I see you Matoro, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t there,” said Krika as he walked out of the shadows, “Your pathetic toa friends are coming to rescue you. If only they knew that there is only one way to escape the hive.”

Matoro glanced at him, “and that would be?”

“Death.”

“Don’t think you’ve won so early,” said Matoro, “I’ve already died once and I’m still here.”

Krika walked up to him, “what about the equines? They have no armor, no weapons, nothing! Nothing except their pathetic friendship.”

Matoro laughed slightly, “but that is what makes them a threat.”

“Oh don’t worry Matoro; we know what their ‘friendship’ can do. All we need to do is sever it,” said Krika.

“And how exactly are you going to do that?” asked Matoro.

Krika smiled darkly, “why, it’s simple. We kill them.”