• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 5,138 Views, 169 Comments

Breaking Chaos - KiaraKovu123



Discord returns to Ponyville. Can Pinkie help him?

  • ...
11
 169
 5,138

The Truth Hurts

Pinkie galloped to Sugarcube Corner, her heart was pounding and she burst in the door. Mrs. Cake looked up, “Hello, Pinkie…” she paused, “A-are you alright, dear?” Pinkie shot her a glance but didn’t answer she raced up the stairs. She jumped up and grabbed the rope, the stairs came down from the ceiling and she raced up them. Alicorn Discord was napping.

Pinkie rushed over to him and started to cry. He opened his eyes and looked up at her, “Pinkie?” he asked, sitting up. “Are you ok?” Pinkie’s lip trembled and she pulled Discord into a tight hug.

“I-I-I’m so sorry! I did-didn’t mean to, I’m sorry!” she cried. Discord raised an eyebrow.

“What? You’re sorry for what?” he looked her in the eye. She pulled away from him, shaking all over.

“It just came out of my mouth and I…I’m SORRY!!!” she wailed. “I…” she couldn’t finish.

“Pinkie, I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what’s wrong!” he smiled kindly, “Could you please tell me?”

Pinkie looked him in the eye, she knew he wouldn’t be happy, but she had to tell him the truth. “I…I accidentally told my friends about you…” she mumbled, staring at him to see what his reaction would be. His smile melted into a frown, he lowered his eyebrows and bit his lip.

“You did…what?” he said, clenching his teeth.

Pinkie whimpered, “It was an accident! I’m so-.”

Discord stood up and gave her a coldhearted glare. “Sorry? Pinkie, we had a deal!”

“I know, and it just slipped out! What, did you expect me to keep it a secret forever!?” she barked. He wrinkled his nose.

“YES! I DID!” Pinkie’s expression changed from infuriated to sad. He’d never yelled at her before, she took a step back. “And to boot, it wasn’t just ONE pony, it was your FRIENDS!? ALL OF THEM!?” Discord shouted, “I can’t believe you!” he trotted past her and changed back into his draconiques form. He opened the window and spread his wings, “Pinkie, I thought you were my friend…” he flew out the window.

Pinkie blushed and she raced after him, “I am! Please, give me another-.” The window slammed in her face. “Chance…” she watched him fly off.

--Twilight’s Library—

The light grew brighter until it ceased, Twilight looked around and rushed to the stairs, followed by her four friends. She gasped and raced down the steps, “Princess!” she bowed before Celestia.

“Twilight, I-.” before Celestia could finish a navy blue light appeared next to her and glowed, when it ceased, Luna was standing there, she looked up at her sister.

“Sister, I promise, I can help!” Luna pleaded, Twilight felt like she missed something. Luna turned to her, “Hello, Twilight Sparkle.” She said without smiling.

Twilight nodded and Celestia gave Luna a look, “Oh, alright. But we must be careful…Discord’s a wily one.” She sighed. Twilight nodded and Rainbow flew down and landed in front of her.

“Did ya bring the Elements?” Dash asked. The older Princess nodded and her horn glowed a soft golden light, the Elements appeared in front of her.

Twilight ran up to her golden tiara and put it on. Rarity put on her necklace along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Spike laughed, “Can I be the new Pinkie Pie!?” he received a glare from everypony. “What?”

Celestia cleared her throat and nodded to Twilight, “We can find Discord, but it might take a while. Where is Pinkie Pie?” she looked around.

Twilight’s eyes widened, “Oh, gosh! Where’d she go!?” Twilight looked around. Rarity raced up the stairs and gasped.

“She’s gone!”

--

Pinkie was looking out the window, crying softly. Why had she told? It started to rain. Pinkie still had her flying powers and she smiled a bit, maybe she could find Discord if she looked hard enough. She decided to search for him, it’d take a miracle but she knew if she looked hard enough she’d find him. She opened the window and stepped out on the sill and took a deep breath. “For the sake of our friendship.” She whispered softly. Sighing, she took one small step into thin air and her hoof floated. She smiled and jumped off the sill and began to fly upwards. If she knew Discord, he’d probably turned one of the clouds pink and called it ‘Cotton Candy’ by now. Pinkie looked around and came to rest on a puffy white cloud. There were hundreds upon thousands of clouds in Equestria, but Pinkie knew the best clouds were in Ponyville. Pinkie’s spirits sunk. She had pretty much lost all hope of finding her friend. She groaned and plopped down on a random cloud. She sighed and looked around.
Something landed on her nose, she crossed her eyes and touched it with her hoof. The strange substance stuck to it. Pinkie put it on her tongue. She’d know that taste anywhere, she grinned and looked up. A pink shadow was hanging over her and her hair immediately returned to its normal, puffy shape. With one leap into the air she flew straight through the cloud and looked back down at it. Discord looked up at her with a surprised look. Pinkie gasped and plummeted back on the cloud, landing on top of Discord. “I found you, Dissy!” she giggled, “I win!”
Discord grimaced and said nothing. Pinkie bit her lip and beeped his nose. “Aha, and you…didn’t even have to scare me this time!” Discord gave her his best poker face. Pinkie perked up, “Ooh, staring contest!” she stared into his eyes. He frowned and blinked. “Haha, I win!” Pinkie teased. Discord sighed and pushed Pinkie off him. He flew over to the other side of the cloud. Pinkie frowned and followed him. “Hey, Dissy?” she asked him. He didn’t look at her. “I’m really sorry that I told on you…I just blurted it out! I didn’t mean to, I am so, so, so, so sorry. Can you ever forgive me?” she gave him a sad smile.

“Why should I?” he said sharply, “We had a deal, Pinks, and you broke it.” He lowered his eyebrows. “All I wanted was to be free for once. A good long break from eons of standing in one place without end. I thought you could give me some entertainment. I thought you could be my friend, but I was wrong. You can’t even keep a secret.”

“Now, wait just a minute!” Pinkie wrinkled her nose and stomped her hoof on the cloud, making it stick. She sighed, “Twilight asked me who you were. And I, NOT on purpose, NOT intentionally, said Discord! She immediately became all frantic and I tried to convince her that I said otherwise but she didn’t believe me! You’ve GOT to understand me, please!” she pleaded. “I just wish that I had never gone to her house in the first place!” Pinkie looked at the cloud, “I’m sorry, ok?”

Discord sighed and looked at the cloud, too. “But they’ll find out about me eventually, you know. And then it’s all over, I’ll probably never be free again!”

Pinkie smiled up at him. “I won’t let them do that to you. I Pinkie Promise.” She crossed her heart and waved her legs and put a hoof over one of her eye and giggled. Discord chuckled and hugged her, she sighed and for the first time in her life she felt so safe, so happy, and so loved.