• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 5,130 Views, 169 Comments

Breaking Chaos - KiaraKovu123



Discord returns to Ponyville. Can Pinkie help him?

  • ...
11
 169
 5,130

On Cloud Nine

“Alright, sure.” Discord took a bite of his doughnut. Pinkie munched hers down and took his hoof.

“Come on!” she raced across town and reached the park at lightning speed. Discord was exhilarated. Pinkie giggled. “Did I go too fast? Sorry.”

Discord gave her a smirk, “Too fast? I could outrun you any day of the week.” Pinkie nudged his shoulder.

“It’s on, Dissy.” She got in a starting stance. “We’ll race around town and back again. Oh, and no wings!”

“Ok, then.” He got in a starting stance, “Ready…set…”

“GO!!!” Pinkie zoomed off in front of him and he zipped after her as fast as Rainbow Dash would have.

They were soon neck and neck, traveling at an enormous speed. First, Pinkie inched ahead, “Ah, but your advance is to no avail!” Discord easily caught up with her.

Pinkie turned to him, “Oh, you haven’t seen what I can do yet…” she zoomed ahead and then called back to him, “I’M GONNA WIN, DISSY!” Discord picked up the pace, he’d never felt so free! It’d been eons since he’d had a good run, no, this wasn’t a good run, it was a great run. Somehow running with Pinkie Pie made it feel a lot more fun.

“Gotcha, now!” Discord said as he raced in front of Pinkie. Pinkie smirked and moved ahead of him, then she saw the place where they first started. Discord noticed too and inched ahead a little more.

Pinkie let out a little yelp as she tripped over a rock. She tumbled ahead and soon Discord got caught up in her tumbling. They tumbled the rest of the way to the finish line and then collapsed on the grass, laughing. “I won!” Pinkie said between deep breaths.

“No, I…won!” Discord poked her shoulder and grinned mischievously.

“No…way! I…did!” she poked him back.

Discord smiled and looked up at the sky, “Tie... It was a tie.”

Pinkie grinned and looked up, too. “Hey, wanna try and spot little shapes in the clouds? I love that game!”

“Sure.” Discord answered. “I see…an Ursa Major!”

“I spy a cupcake!” Pinkie pointed. Discord squinted.

“How is that a cupcake?”

“Look. There’s the wrapping paper, and there’s the icing on top!” she explained, drawing a sort of invisible frame around the ‘cupcake’. Discord smiled.

“Yeah, I see it now. Hey, look! A gingerbread house!”

Pinkie giggled, “I love gingerbread houses! Oh, look, a licorice twist!” she gazed up at the awkwardly shaped cloud. Discord smiled.

“It sure does…wanna see something neat?” he smirked at her coolly. She nodded. Discord transformed into a draconiques again, “Ready?”

Pinkie had nervous look on her face. “What if somepony sees you?” she scanned the area.

“Aw, they won’t. And now, Pinkie…” he snapped his fingers and they were suddenly up in the sky. Walking on air. Pinkie gasped as she realized suddenly could fly! She had no wings, but she felt overjoyed about being up in the sky. Who needs a balloon when you have Discord? Pinkie grinned at him.

“This is so cool! Thank you so much!” she flew around him in circles. He chuckled.

“I knew you’d love it. But this isn’t all, my pink pal!” he took her hoof. “Watch this.” Suddenly they were flying together at top speed above Equestria. Pinkie oh’d and ah’d and suddenly she felt so excited she couldn’t help herself.

“I LOVE THIS! I LOVE YOU!” Pinkie suddenly felt really awkward. Discord stopped flying and turned to her with a huge blush. Pinkie blushed, too but didn’t say a word.

A small smile spread across Discord’s face and he chuckled softly. Pinkie was surprised.

“Sorry…I just…um…” Pinkie grinned nervously as she felt her blush deepen.

Discord smiled at her, “Don’t be…and I sort of…” he scratched his mane and said in a very small voice. “I love you, too.”

Pinkie felt a joy rise up within her and she hugged Discord tight, squealing. “You do!?”

Discord blushed and smiled at the same time, “...Yes…” Pinkie looked up at him with shining eyes and hugged him tighter.

“Eh…Pinkie” Discord said in an irritated voice “Little less tight, if you don’t mind…”

“Oops, sorry.” She said, letting go of him. He smiled at her.

“Did you wanna continue our fly?” he asked, blushing a tiny bit.

Pinkie nodded, “Sure! Let’s do it!” she grabbed his paw and he began to zoom foreword with her flying next to him. They flew over every single town but were especially careful around Canterlot. Pegasus patrolled the skies around that are but the two were able to slink by without causing any commotion. When they reached the grasslands outside of Ponyville, it was sunset and Pinkie smiled as she touched the ground. For the first time in hours began to experience gravity. She grinned up at Discord.

“Shall we go home?” he asked her. Pinkie nodded and started walking.

“I had a great time, Dissy.” She looked up at him with radiant eyes. He transformed into a pony as they got closer to Ponyville.

“I did, too.” He spread his wings, and gazed at Pinkie. The pink mare smiled and walked closer to him and he lowered his wing on her. Pinkie giggled and licked his cheek. He blushed and looked at her.

“Um…sorry, I was just um…” she was interrupted as Discord kissed her cheek. She widened her eyes at him and grinned. “Dissy…?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you…I really do.” Pinkie stared at the ground and tried to hide her blush.

Discord nuzzled her, “I love you too, Pinkie Pie.”

---
A/N: Ok...this seriously made me DA'WWW of excessive amounts...but I feel it was necisary. Hope you all liked this one! :D