• ...
4
 3
 1,141

Mysteries.

((Sorry if this chapter is a bit screwed up...I was and still am kinda worried that anypony is actually reading this.))
__________________________________________________________________________________

The Princess woke up still in a bit of a daze, her head hurts. She didn’t know why. All that mattered is that she was in her warm, soft, welcoming bed. She thought she could sleep in again, but that was soon foiled she started to float from her bed “AGHH! W-WHATS GOING ON!?!” Luna screamed as she started floating out her bedroom floor. The Moon Princess tried flying away with all her might in her wings, no luck. “GUARDS! HELP ME! HELP YOUR PRINCESS!” Luna cried as she floating down the hall way. She hadn’t noticed the pink glow around her, she started looking around for the unicorn responsible for this. “LET ME DOWN! YOU WILL BE PUNISHED SEVERELY IF YOU DO NOT DROP ME THIS INSTANT!” Luna bellowed at her kidnapper.

“You think you can threaten me?! After a year of living in peace and harmony you go and screw it all up!” Yelled back a voice non other than her sister’s.

“W-What are you talking about?!?!” Luna yelled back in confusion.

“That little group you were in! don’t act as if it doesn’t exist! I’ve been trying to get rid of that club since you’re return!” Celestia told her sister as she started trotting down stairs with her sister magically binned to her following. “Your punishment will only be twenty years in a cell, don’t make it longer.” The Sun Goddess told her sister.

Luna. Now remembering everything that happened last night from the dead guards to the exploding wall. “YOU USED ME! YOU DON’T JUST USE ME THEN BLAME IT ON ME!!” she said as she was throw into the cell.

“Don’t try and break the bars, they are electrified. The bricks behind you are lined with diamond. Not even I can’t break them.” Celestia kicked the bars with her hind legs to show how solid they were; it left a ringing sound in both their ears. “If you kick them, well. The guards will know... I am really sorry about th-“

Luna kicked the bars, making her sister jump back in surprise. “SHUT UP! YOU LOCKED ME AWAY IN THE MOON ONLY TO LOCK ME BACK INTO A CELL!! I DON’T NEED TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES! WHAT ARE YOU SORRY FOR?! ” Luna was furious; she had every right to be. She continued to kick the bars until she calmed down.

Four hours had passed since Luna started kicking the bars, she had stopped, not because she was out of breath, or to stop her ears from ringing, but to cry. The last time she cried was on the moon. Luna drifted off to sleep with tears fresh on her cheeks.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Nightmare Moon was annoyed. “I am only going to bring this up one more time Luna, if you just let me KILL her th-“

“KILL MY SISTER?!?! I AM ONLY GOING TO SAY THIS ONE LAST TIME TOO! I AM NEVER GOING TO KILL MY SISTER! SHE LOVED ME AS I DID HER! Nightmare Moon. You can’t just KILL everything.” Luna responded to herself as they took turns controlling the body that host’s Nightmare Moon.

“Luna darling, I know that. What if I were to say were are going to be free soon? And that you could see your beloved sister?” NMM said smoothly.

“W-what? You m-mean I get to see my sister again? When?! How!?” Luna was the happiest mare on the moon. The only mare on the moon.

“Yes sweetie. We will be free, all you need to do is let me take complete control on the longest night of the year.”

“Let YOU take control?! Never! I know what you would do if we got out together!” Luna told NMM getting a bit angry.

“You know I couldn’t do half the things you say I can right? Besides. Celestia will welcome us home, she is even hosting a party for our return!” NMM lied.

“How would YOU know that?? How do I know you’re not lying to me again?!”

“I cannot tell you how I know, only that it IS the truth. Trust me. I know I have lied to you before but we were under different circumstances.” NMM remained calm.

“How do I know you’re not going to KILL my si-“ Luna was cut off as NMM tried to take over uninvited. “STOP THAT! LET ME FINISH!” NMM stopped…for a while. “Now, how do I know you’re not going to kill my sister and rule Equestria for eternity?” Luna finished her sentence, letting NMM take over her voice once again.

“Luna, Luna, Luna. Let me explain…"

________________________________________________________________________________

“Luna!” The princess was being shook awake, this time she knew what was happening. She saw Ditzy Doo in the same cell as her. “Luna!” Wait...Ditzy was here!

“DITZY!!” Luna hugged her only loyal subject with in miles. “Where did you come? I didn’t see you when I came in.”

“I-I’ve been…elsewhere in the castle…” Ditzy pointed to her left eye. The only thing is that it was swollen and shut closed.

“Ditzy, what did they do to you?!” Luna hugged her again before examining her eye.

Ditzy turned her head. “They…they said they would fix my eye…in a way, they did.” Her right eye was looking straight, not slightly to the left or right but straight. “My other eye…it…gone.” Ditzy turned to face the diamond walls.

Luna sat there, staring at Ditzy’s tan colored hair. She couldn’t believe what she heard. Her sister had tortured a pony….”Ditzy…do the others know where we are?”

“I just spoke with Trixie before I was shoved in here.” The grey coated mare said, still looking at the bricks. “We will be out tonight, when the guards change…we have five hours, its only 5:00 PM.”

“Wait, how did you speak to Trixie without being caught?” Luna asked curiously.

Ditzy turned back to face the blue princess. “That’s what she does, she is a spy. That’s how we were able to find you when you came to Ponyville unexpected. Only, we expected you.” Ditzy laid down on the cold floor and shut her one eye.

“What are you doing?” Luna asked with one eyebrow raised.

Ditzy opened her eye to look at Moon Goddess. “I am sleeping, that’s what you were doing before I interrupted you. I am sorry for that by the way. Sleep is what you should do too.” The mail mare said without moving her head, only her jaw and eye.

“Alicorns do not need sleep. We do not need to eat either. We only do so to look more normal…We can taste pastries and we can sleep… Go to sleep, I will wake you when in five hours.” The grey mare nodded and closed her eye.

Luna was sitting in the exact position she was in five hours ago…she had been thinking of the many ways she could have prevented all of this. Almost all of them meant either killing herself, or her sister, She didn’t want to do either. That’s when she heard the sane rhythmic tap on the bars as she heard when she waited to enter the secret HQ of the NLR. When she looked up she saw that one of the colt guards were tapping the bars with his hind leg, not facing her. “Psst. Luna, come here” the colt told the princess in a higher pitched voice then he should have.

The Moon Goddess was a bit distracted by the pitch and went closer to the guard with caution, only to notice the exact same guard on the ground on the other side of the cell. “Trixie? Is that you?” Luna asked, knowing the answer.

The guard in front of her started shimmering with blue magic as he slowly started shrinking and growing a horn, then he turned blue, he was no longer a colt, nor a guard. “Princess, we only have five minutes. Wake up Ditzy and tell her operation Owlet is a go.” Trixie said as more blue magic started appearing around her, she slowly faded away, Luna saw right through her, she was invisible. “Princess!” Trixie said a bit more forceful now.

Luna did as she was told again, she trotted towards Ditzy and put a hoof on her shoulder. Her one eye instantly opened. Luna whispered. “Operation Owlet is a go.” The mail mare grinned.

“We finally have a good enough reason to do so, hehe, you know I created this plan, right?” Ditzy got up from her slumber, Luna helped her up and caught her as she almost fell to the ground again. “Hehe, still a bit sleepy I see, Thanks,”

“Anytime. So, how are we going to break out?” Luna asked as she lead Ditzy to the bars. “Wait, where did Trixie go?“

Ditzy sleepily smiled at her princess as she stretched her wings. “Probably in place,, now. Our job is to lean against the wall facing the outside…which would be the back wall...” The mail mare trotted towards the diamond wall, almost falling again.

“Now, I tap this wall with the same beat as Trixie did to the bar. in our cell” Ditzy did as she said she was going to do. “You better hurry if you want to get out of here.” Luna went and stood beside the mare quickly. “No, you need to lean against the wall to, not me.” Luna did as she was told. “Now, I am going to tap the wall again and we are going to start falling. Do not move.

Whatever you think you should do, don’t.” Luna nodded. Ditzy knocked once more. They waited…five minutes later after leaning Luna hears a rumbling behind the bricks. Then something that sounded like the rock against rock. Luna saw

something long and moving fast enter the right behind Ditzy. “Don’t move, there is one behind you as well, remember what I told you.” Luna did the opposite of what she was thinking. She stayed in place, watching as some sort of machine made horrible rattling sounds, it soon started moving upwards, Above Ditzy’s head. “Now Luna, you are going to want to step over the saw, do not touch it.” Luna looked down and saw that the thing was moving towards her hoofs, she slowly stepped over them as they passed by, cutting the diamond as it did so, she watched Ditzy step over the saw as she watches it replace the other saw that was there moments ago. “Now, we push!” Ditzy started pushing with all her might. Luna started pushing too, it moved faster out wards. “LUNA! DO NOT! MOVE! DO NOT FLY AND DON’T BE SCARED!” They felt the warm breeze of the night Luna no longer was pushing, rather falling. They slowly came to a stop. “There are pegasi holding us up, two more are pulling us.” Luna was now on her side, lying on her rib cage specifically. She wanted to stand up, but knew she shouldn’t.

“Where are we going? Wont the guards see the huge gap in the wall?!” Luna said over the wind. They were high in the sky, moving fast. They soon started flying over the clouds with two pegasi pulling them and two underneath making sure they don’t fall. It was like a one of the carriage ride, except without the walls to keep them from falling and that they were both laying on their sides. The Moon Goddess looked up, to see her beautiful night. The stars were still amazing at night, and the moon. The moon looked like a wonderful, but it was her curse, she knew it to well. She looked back to the side. Luna wanted fly, what harm would that do? There are already four pegasi flying.

“Trixie stayed behind to cast a spell on the gap and two holograms in our place. It will only deceive them for a minimum of 6 hours; she will meet us at the temple.” Ditzy said as they started to descend.

The wind was cold and the diamond wall wasn’t making it any better. Her wings were freezing and her horn felt like ice. Luna looked over at Ditzy and saw that she was sleeping, again. How can one sleep this high in the air!? Luna thought to herself as she started seeing trees on her horizon. She still didn’t answer question. Where ARE we going? Luna saw the moon in the sky, it looked beautiful, but for her it were just memories, memories she wants gone…

“We’re almost there! Just hold on tight!” One of the pegasi called out as they started descending further, Luna now saw the ground, it was only inches from them. “On the count of three the ponies underneath you will fly away and the wall will hit the ground, we will be dragging you for at least 2 minutes!!”

“ONE!...TWO!......THREE!!” Both Luna and Ditzy fell only inches, but it hurt. They were dragged, still on the wall. The ground underneath them was flying upwards as they were dragged over it. It was the worst roller coaster you could think of.

Ditzy woke with a start. “Ah! WHAT?! WHATS GOING-Oh…right.” Ditzy calmed down as she realized they were in the final stage of operation Owl. Ditzy sighed as they started to slow down like they said. “After we stop they will fly straight up, making the stand up straight too. I want you to keep your knees bent just a little. I will do the same. Therefore we do not break out legs.” Luna nodded.

The pegasi did as Ditzy said they would do, Luna soon felt her wings scrape against the diamond wall as she started falling, she kept her legs slightly bent. She closed her eyes as she gained speed, than felt herself immediately stop with a large thud. “Okay boys! Just drag that into the hanger! We could use it later!” A different voice yelled through the forest. The two pegasi did as they were told and flew away, Luna didn’t see where to though. “Ditzy! Princess! You’re both back so soon!” The same voice started getting closer. Luna looked around to see three hooded figures walk out of the shadows of the forest. “Princess, my dear! It’s been a while. How was the life of a prisoner?” Rarity joked as she took off her hood, the two beside her did not. “My, my, you both look horrible. Let’s get you inside so you two can take a bath.” Rarity turned her flank towards the princess and Ditzy and started trotting into the woods, the other two hooded figures walked beside them. No pony talked as they trotted through the forest. No pony made a sound. They were getting deeper into the woods as Rarity finally broke the silence. “Trixie tells me that Ditzy is missing an eye…”

Luna looked as Ditzy in a worried expression. Ditzy looked down as the princess spoke. “Yes, they took her right eye…” Awkward silence came over the five once again. This time they the white unicorn stopped in front of a tree, the tree was a tall one, probably taller than the mayors building. . Its bark looked like any other. “I’m sorry, but what are we doing in a forest again? This isn’t even the Everfree forest.” Luna said a bit closed minded.

“Why? I thought you should have known? This is the entrance to your castle. It has been long forgotten…until now, some of our scouts reported that some of the trees in this forest are hallowed, they bucked the tree and the bark just broke.” Rarity motioned for one of the hooded figures to the tree, the figure turned to face us and lifted his or her hind legs and bucked the tree. The bark broke to easily. It was hollow, they could not see inside of the tree, until the other hooded figure used its horn to illuminate the area, they saw the other side of the tree. They Luna looked down the tree, making sure not to put her head into it. With her own horn she brightened the inside of the it, there was more darkness. “Then, it reformed.” The bark did as Rarity said it would, it started to reformed. Luna quickly backed away from the tree in surprise. She watched as the tree grew new bark, much quicker then any other tree should, but this time there was a marking on the new piece of bark. “The crescent moon, we thought if we put our necklace against it, something would happen. Nothing happened.” Luna had never seen such a thing. She examined the broken bark on the ground, then on the tree. They were the exact same. Only the mark on the tree had faded away.

“May I try?” Ditzy asked. Rarity motioned her towards the tree. Ditzy moved towards the tree, but instead of bucking with her hind legs, she stood on them and punched the tree. More bark fell off, then it reformed again. “Magic. very strong magic.” Ditzy said as she watched the crescent moon appear on the new bark, then fade away.

“Princess…this may be a long shot, but if you may. Just press you’re hoof against the tree.” Rarity made way for the princess.

Luna slowly trotted up to the tree, she wanted this to work, but at the same time she was afraid of what might happen. She raised her hoof to the bark, only to stop an inch from it. She looked at Rarity, she nodded. Luna pressed her hoof against the tree, nothing happened. “Use your magic against it.” Ditzy suggested. Luna nodded and closed her eyes as she taped the tree with her horn, little trickles of blue leaped from her horn and started multiply. Soon the blue magic started swirling around the tree as it reached the peak of the tree. “Hey! Look!” Ditzy said as she pointed to a tree further in the distance. That tree had the same effect as the tree on front of them did; blue magic swirled around that too. Soon the entire forest was light up by a few trees that started growing blue magic of their own. Then, it went dark again. All the magic from the tree’s disappeared as they reached the top of the trees. “Luna, try touching the bark again, with your hoof.” Luna, who had stood in front of the tree watching in awe, nodded back towards Ditzy. She pushed her hoof against the door, this time something happened. The bark broke into two half’s, pulled away from the Goddess’s hoof and started turning around, making the rest of the sides stronger.

“It’s a door way…” Rarity said, amazed and still dazed by the blue magic. Her jaw would have hit the ground. If breaking physics were possible. Luna looked suspiciously at what she had done; there was a door way into the tree. This time, instead of the bottom being only darkness, there was the wood, where it should have been, in its rightful place. Luna steadily stepped onto it. She looked up and noticed there was a light.

“Are trees supposed to have a light” Luna asked, a bit curious, but knowing the answer.

“N-no. They usually don’t…but apparently this one does.” Rarity said as she followed Ditzy into the tree. “I assume this could be some kind of teleporter…?”

Luna, who had moved over to make room for the two, must have pressed a button by accident. The bark moved back into place, sealing them in the small, circular room inside the tree. The light above went out as they felt themselves leave the surface of Equestria. Were they going up or down?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment