• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 8,590 Views, 406 Comments

Artemis Fowl: The Equine Dominion - _No_One_Remains_



Artemis finds himself searching for wealth in a rather interesting land.

  • ...
31
 406
 8,590

Epilogue: The Boy Who Would Find Magic

Artemis sat on a hard metal stool in front of a particularly cluttered desk in the small basement room he had renovated into a research lab. The clock on the wall near the door struck midnight and a wave of fatigue washed over him. His unfocused eyes stared down at the dusty tome in front of him, several Nordic symbols scratched across the cover. The picture of a small horse in particular caught his attention.

As he reached up to crack into the secrets of the relic, a familiar, deep voice tore through the silence. “It would be for the best if you postpone your research until tomorrow. You won’t get much done without some rest.” Butler approached his charge, offering a hand to help from the admittedly taller-than-Artemis seat. “You can’t afford to make a mistake in translation, can you?”

“No, of course not.” Artemis slid from the stool, dismissing his bodyguard’s hand and stretching tiredly. A thought came to him as he started toward the door, “You said you had a contact in Ho Chi Minh City, correct?”

Puzzled by the sudden change of heart, the brute replied hesitantly, “That’s correct, sir. He responded to your online advertisement; he’s well-known in certain circles.” Picking up his young master’s coat from a small rack by the door, Butler followed the boy out of the laboratory.

Taking the time to yawn, Artemis pursued his train of thought. “What exactly did he tell you that might relate to my research?”

“More and more citizens have been telling stories of a frail sorceress that cures illness and injury in exchange for rice wine. He’s seen her with his own eyes, or so he says.”

“And you believe him?”

“I’ve no reason not to, sir.”

“Good. We can’t have a repeat of Cairo.” The boy thought back to the wasted hours spent waiting for some Egyptian man to attempt to pass off a small child as a magical dwarf. “Inform Mister…”

“Nguyen,” Butler reminded his charge of the contact’s name.

“Inform Mister Nguyen that we’ll be arriving in the near future. All proper arrangements can be made in the morning.” With that, the boy picked up his pace and headed toward his room, the sudden fatigue consuming his thoughts. He tried to think about what could have made him so tired, only to find nothing in his recent memories.

Butler turned on his heels back toward the lab, deciding it best to place his charge’s book in a safe place. For the first time in the last few months, from what he could remember, the manor was quiet. It was eerie, unexpected ever since Angeline Fowl’s mental degradation.

It was so quiet, Butler thought he was hearing voices just to make up for the silence.

As he picked the tome up carefully, he found himself possessed to say just one simple word.

Arrivederci?” he questioned, flipping the light switch as he closed the door.

Comments ( 22 )

And with this, Artemis Fowl comes to a close. After two long years full of hiatuses and writer's blocks, the story is over.

It was a wild ride. I thank you all for walking it with me! Without you, this story wouldn't have made it past the first few chapters.

I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I loved writing.

Sincerely,
jtb

5316020 Will there be a sequel?

It took this long to be featured? Well, better late than never, I guess...

5316020

*gives you a big, deserved hug*

I'm sorry WHAT!? Somebody wrote a crossover between MLP and ARTEMIS FOWL!? Okay, I seriously hope I get around to reading this eventually, just the mere concept blows my mind.

5316127 I know, right!? How the heck did I miss this!?

5316033 You can't really have a sequel to an adventure that never happened. And anyway, if you've read Artemis Fowl you'll know that Ho Chi Minh City is where the whole Fairy saga begins.

The best thing about this story is that it fits in with established canon.

well done!
:twilightsmile:

5316285 I know. I read the whole series. Its just... just... that there are so few good Artemis MLP crossovers out there.

I have to admit, I didn't see this ending coming...

But I can't say I love it, either. The sudden mind-wipe and the reveal that this was all a forgotten prequel instead of a 'real' AU story, just...

I'm sorry, but it all just felt really darn anti-climactic to me.

Props for actually finish given how troubled a history this story have had, though.

Not bad ending, I wasn't expecting you to *SPOLERS*



Loop it back into the original story.

5316662 I only decided to end it with a "Mass Reset Button" because I realized about half way through the story that I wasn't going to write a sequel. If I hadn't had so much trouble with writer's blocks and hiatuses, it would have ended as an Alternate Universe, not a prequel.

5316033 I don't plan on writing one. However, if I do, it would take place after the Artemis Fowl series is concluded, with the reborn Artemis and his aged companions. That way I could tie in a reformed Discord with the unknowing cast. I have thought about it on several occasions, I just don't think I have another two years of fanfiction writing left in me.

5316274 About halfway through the story, after that seven-month hiatus, I realized I most likely wouldn't be writing a sequel. This way, with the reset, it can tie into actual Artemis Fowl canon, while at the same time leaving room for a sequel. After all, why would Chaos erase Discord's memories? Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the ride!

Wow, I'm surprised anyone else read the Fowl books. Nice story as well. :twilightsmile:

Twists and Turns are my Master Plan. You will find what you seek, back where you began. :yay:

Given what happens over the whole Fowl collection, this story really matches in.

Thing is, its possible to have a sequel, for one simple reason.

Pinkie never got to throw a party, and she read the story. :pinkiecrazy:

5318425 why are you surprised, it's a great series with a nice end!

5328845 It is a great series, but many people I've spoken with have never heard of it. I was greatly surprised when I saw, let alone read this. But it's a fantastic job you've done.

6104066 I meant to say term, as in a commonly accepted word or phrase. Damn autocorrect.

Also, my response was a affirmation of dogman, in response the the comment he was replying to, y'know, the second comment I referenced. Also, the follow up line "suck a egg" referred also to the second comment referenced, as a way to deride someone for not knowing a commonly understood definition for a word or phrase, presumably due to age or senility. See: "go suck a egg grandma."

All in all, I don't think I was actually that harsh or insulting.

6104066 Also, I am being "undeniable and proper?" Wouldn't that make me correct? Although honestly, my mistake in typing "turn" instead of "term" is undeniable but quite improper. Still, to err is human

6112963 Way back when, Fimfic saved/stamped comments on stories with the latest current chapter if no chapter was selected.

So for instance: I see this story, and without opening a chapter decide to make the aforementioned comment. Because the story was at chapter 10 at the time, it marked me as commenting on chapter 10.

Although in all honesty, Is it really something to get super mad about?

6109569
6109569
Who said anything about it being a smart or foolish thing to do? And why do you care? This is a website about reading fanfictions. It's not some business or church. People can do what they want.
Besides, if it helps clear it up, when I scan through FIMfics that look cool, but I don't have time to read them, I often want to read them later. My list is gettin' big, about to be a mile long.
SOOOOO if I see a fanfic, and I don't know wether I want to read it or not, I'll scan a few chapters and the summary, and then I will put it on my list. Not complicated, right?
And as a comment to the person who wrote it, I'm saying it looks interesting. So I'm saying "Hey, this looks cool. It's related to something I read as a kid. I can't read it now but I would like to later."
This is sad, because what started out as a compliment and a friendly reminder to myself to eventually read this got totally turned on it's head. I mean saying something is smart or not smart, you act like you're in charge or somebody's gonna attack me for leaving a comment on the 11th chapter of a book I haven't read yet. I mean, WHO CARES?
People should be grateful for compliments.

We now have the end to another story. This was a good one too! It's made me want to read through the entire Artemis Fowl series. I read the first, and I believe the second book years ago. Possibly the third book as well, but I can't remember for sure.

If you happen to write a sequel at all in the future, then I would like for you to know that I will be interested in reading it. If it is anything like this story, then the chances are it will be good. The ending was a little odd though. However, I just pass it off as typical Artemis Fowl content. The series is known for plenty of plot twists and things you never would have expected.

An enjoyable story and thank you for this.




~ Super-Brony12

Oh my God. I don't believe my eyes right now. I honestly didn't expect for someone to write a story with Fowl. Well, goes labelled as Read Later.

Login or register to comment