• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 4,229 Views, 181 Comments

Why me? - Ice



A human wakes in everfree forest only to find he's in equestria how will he react? find out now

  • ...
20
 181
 4,229

Apologies and music


"-Secret side I keep hid under lock and key
I keep it caged but I can't control it
'Cause if I let him out he'll tear me up, break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this, make it end?"

Brice began to wake up to the sound of his Ipod playing. He began to rub his head but suddenly noticed that both his hands were bandaged.

His right hand only had small one covering the bite mark but his left hand was completley bandaged up. But from what?....

Brice opended his eyes with shock remembering what had happend. He quickly got up but he felt a sharp pain in his ribs. He looked down. He still had his jeans on but his shirt was off and in it's place was a bandage, going down from his left elbow to the damaged area and back again serveral times completely covering it.

Also he had bandages covering his left eye.

He looked around in the room. He wasn't in the library but it was disturbingly similar, with a different layout but everything was familiar.
Thoughts of Mass Effect and the Collectors slowly crept into his head.

"Ugh I really need to stop playing RPGs" He thought.

Disregarding the previous thought, with further investigation he found his shirt lying on a small table with a note on the side of it. He read it

"Hi, I found you at the ponyville plaza just lying there. You had some pretty bad wounds. I'm writing this because I don't know when will you wake up, but in case it's before 9:00 Am don't leave your room I'll be in around then.

Brice looked at the walls of the room and saw a small wooden clock on one of them, which read 8:40 Am.

"I've got time to get some stretching done" He thought. "Ipod, Skyrim piano theme, 5% volume." He thought and like magic, his Ipod came to life and did exactly that. "Thank you,Twilight" He thought smugly but a frown came onto his face when he thought of the mare.

He wasn't sure what to do when he saw her, or in this situation, if he ever saw her again.

He put his shirt on quickly and began to stretch a bit, he didn't work out a lot but his basketball and tae-kwon-do provided enough excercise to keep him fairly fit and limber.

After doing some stretching to make sure he could bolt it out of wherever he was if required, he looked at the clock.

"Hmm 8:57..." He thought and suddenly as if planned, the door opended to reveal a brown stallion with a blue mane and tail.

"You coming for breakfast?"



As they left his room and walked down into a hall, the stallion decided to strike a conversation.

"So what's your name?" Brice had thought about lying to him but for he could tell, this guy saved his life so deserved to know what he wanted.

"Brice. You?"

"Zephyr Verve but call me just Zeph. And the guy you are about to meet is called Blue Breeze. He's the one who patched you up!"

"Ah....look if you mind me asking why?"

"Why what?" Zephyr was acting confused, he wanted to see how this "Human" handled itself.

"Well you must have seen what happend at the plaza and.... What I did to that pony, so I was wondering why you'd take a possible threat into your home."

"Are you a threat?" He knew what the answer was going to be.

"No but..."

"So what's the problem then?" He asked as he nudged open a door at the end of the hall

"I'm not winning this am I?"

"Nope."

And with that they walked into the living room which was yet again looked the one at the library.

"Ah your awake I see!" Came a voice from one of the couches.

"You must be Blue Breeze I take it?" He began to walk towards the couch as the stallion got up he was slightly taller than Zephyr he had a blue coat and yellow mane and coat and his cutie mark was a tornado.

"Yeah I assume Zeph here explained everything." Brice turned to look at Zeph with a quizzical look on his face.

"Long story I'll tell you some other time." Brice began to chuckle at the remark but stopped when he saw Zephyr begin to frown.

"Okay where are we?" asked Brice

"Um I'd say were about ten minutes from Sweet Apple acres."

"How about the library?" ' I'm going to regret this' He thought.

"Um, it's right across the street." And to emphasise his point he pointed towards a window.

"Well I'll be dammed so it is!" Brice was suspicous of the convenience of this.

"Well thanks for everything but I gotta do something." He didn't said anything what offended them, so he made it seem something important was going on.

"Dude you can't see out a window without my help, how are you gonna get to wherever you are going?" Blue Breeze asked with a smug look on his face.

"Smart ass..." Brice muttered.

"What of it?" Brice stared at him for a couple of minutes before saying anything.

"Blue me and you are gonna get along just fine."

After convincing Brice to have a breakfast and explain how he did the music thing [which involved human magic and telekenesis, to sum it up] he grabbed his bag and left having promised to meet up witth the duo in two days.

"Seems nice." said Blue Breeze but Zeph was still sceptical of him.

"Yeah, nice..."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As he approched the library he began to think of how to aplogize to everpony.
He reaced the door and stood there thinking for a couple of minutes before it opended with a scared looking Fluttershy looking up at him.

"Eeep!"

She dashed back into the library. Twilight signaled to him to come in. Everpony was there staring at him waiting for him to talk. After a moment of silence Brice finally spoke.

"Where would you want me to start?"

"Explain what you did to Trixie." It was Twilight as he expected to ask him.

"Look I know I maybe have gone a bit far but she was attacking everypony and I'm pretty damn sure I saw someone get killed there.
But I still don't understand how you find my actions "unjust" (making air quations with his fingers) she attacked innocent people.
I don't claim to be a hero or a saint but I can tell when something needs to be done.
And then and there she needed to be taken down a notch.... I don't care what you say about me whether it be bad or good cause I've heard all the bullshit people can think of before."

Brice's words weren't angry or sad, he said them in a normal voice with a normal look on his face.
Everpony looked at him, they weren't sure how to react, they expected him to go into a heart felt apology or turn completly evil but they didn't expect anything between the two.
Fluttershy slowly came out under the couch and looked him in the eyes.

"If you mean that, you'll apologise to Trixie." Brice took a moment to consider what she had said.

"No"

"You. Are. Going. To. Apologise. To. Her" Fluttershy intensified her words she was using the STARE.

"No." Fluttershy put her full strength into her stare. She found something that she thought might work on him.

"What would your father say?" Her voice filled with anger.

"I don't know." his answer shocked her but she pushed down.

"Do you think he'd be happy?"

"I don't know."

"Angry? Cause I know I am!"

"I don't know!" his voice was slightly straned

"Well you oviously don't care then." Her voice was filled with power but she hadn't realised what she had said.

"HOW DARE YOU BUCKING SAY THAT!!!" Brice's voice shook the whole room but Fluttershy kept up her side.

"THE MAN DIED BEFORE I KNEW HIM AND YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW HIM? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT GOING INTO SOMETHING THAT PRIVATE!!!" Fluttershy had't realised what she had said, she instantly backed away from him, bursting into tears.

"You should leave." He heard Rarity whisper to him but she wasn't angry or upset she was giving him some advice and he took it.
He backed out the library, to see Celestia accompanied by four guards. In place of her calm demenour was a face of a mother ready to strike out anybody hurting her child.

"What have you done now?"

"Nothing but if you ask them, remember that you should take all sides of what happend."

First as he tried to brush past them only for two guards stand up to cut him off.

"Trust me you do not want to get in my way right now." His voice was calm but menacing at the same time. The guards looked to Celestisa who shook her head. They side stepped to let him through.

"Did it work?" Celestia directed her question to Twilight.

"Well we found out about some childhood issues but that's about it."

A disturbingly large smile appeard on the ruler's face.

"Guards inform my sister I require her assistance in a most important matter!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note:Thank you Zephyr for doing this.Also check out my blog so I can continue the story.Also Zeph and Blue don't the wrong Idea