• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 9,458 Views, 233 Comments

My Little Megas XLR - Alkem



Coop and MEGAS arrive in Poniville. Ponies, giant robots, chaos and explosions ensue.

  • ...
7
 233
 9,458

Dragon Cheer

My Little XLR

Chapter 6: Dragon Cheer


Deep within the dense foliage of the Everfree Forest; Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, the three young members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, had gotten themselves lost after a botched attempted at getting their bug catcher cutie marks. The young mares were in the middle of a small clearing, having a discussion.

"I told ya goin' this far into the forest was a bad idea!" Apple Bloom yelled, pointing a hoof over to the orange pegasus.

"Well, where else were we gonna find lots of bugs to catch? Besides, it was up to Sweetie Belle to leave a trail for us to find our way back!" Scootaloo argued while pointing her hoof over to the white unicorn.

"And I did, I left a trail of snacks behind us. That way we can enjoy them when we started heading back."
The cream colored pony looked to her winged friend.
"Everything was going fine until somepony went chasing after a weird bug she saw and made me lose track of the trail. At least I made this second trail so we don't end up going in circles."
The unicorn pointed over to a trail of cookies that lead out of the clearing.

Both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked to their puff haired unicorn companion, realizing the folly of her action.

Sweetie Belle looked back at her friends.
"What?" she stated, oblivious of what she'd unintentionally done.

"So, let me get this straight Sweetie Belle, you're saying there's a trail of snacks leading up to us, right?" Apple Bloom questioned her ivory colored friend.

"Yup"

Scootaloo rephrased the question, trying to be a more to the point. "So that means there's a trail of food leading up to us in a forest full of wild creature that would love to snack on three helpless little ponies?"

Sweetie Belle looked to the red maned farm mare for a hint to what the pegasus's point was.

"She means any creature in the forest can follow the trail and find us. An' they'll probably wanna chow down on three delicious ponies."

Finally understanding, the horned pony looked over to Apple Bloom. "But won't their bellies be full from eating all those snacks by the time they get to us?"

"I don't wanna find out Sweetie Belle. Now let's get outta her b'fore somethin' starts followin' that trial an' finds us." Apple Bloom suggested.

As the trio started making their way out of the clearing, they heard the distinct growls of a manticore approaching. The crusaders, jumping into a nearby bush, stayed quiet as the scorpion tailed winged lion pounced into the opening. The beast sniffed around, searching for more of the snacks that had led it there. The girls observed the cat through small openings in the shrub while it continued its search on the other edge of the clearing; the girls took the opportunity and slipped away.

After getting some distance between them and the manticore, the girls continued their single file march out of the forest.

"Phew, I sure am glad we managed to avoid that manticore," Apple Bloom whispered, as she wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"Yeah that was a close one," Scootaloo agreed.

Apple Bloom, not looking in front of her, unexpectedly bumped into something. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, who were walking right behind her, collided with the abruptly stopped Earth pony. The girls looked to see what caused their collision. In front of the Earth pony, were three manticores looking down at the trio. The winged lions raised their large claws up and swiped at the fillies. The girls ran for it, just avoiding the three sets of claws. The crusaders galloped through the bushes as fast as their hooves could go, running through leaves, branches, and brush. The three beasts gave chase after them. The girls kept going, not having a clue where they were heading, down a small path that led to a closing surround by a pile of tall rocks. It was a dead end, the only way out was back the way they came.

"Oh no, we're trapped!" Apple Bloom yelled, desperately looking around for any possible exit.

The fuchsia maned pegasus planted herself in front of the opening, taking an assertive stance. "Then we'll just have to fight them!"

"Are you crazy? We can't fight those things. We're just three little ponies and their three fully grown, vicious manticores," said Sweetie Belle, while she panicked over the approaching danger.

The red haired Earth pony jumped beside her orange coated friend, striking a fighting pose alongside her. "It looks like we don't have much of a choice Sweetie Belle. We're gonna have to fight our way through them."

The unicorn joined her friends as they waited to fight for their lives against the pack of wild beasts. Frightened, they watched the trees and bushes that lined the pathway move as the trio approached. The cats leaped out, lunging at the girls, roaring as they aimed their claws towards the fillies. The girls dropped their stances and hugged each other tightly, closing their eyes as the braced for their demise.

"Ahh!"

*THUNK*

The ground suddenly trembled as something massive landed next to the freighted trio. The girls, still holding onto each other, opened their eyes and saw a tinted blue reflection of themselves.

"You three alright?" called out the voice of a familiar colt aboard his giant robot. The metal giant had seemingly come out of nowhere, planting its arm down just in time to block the girls from the manticores. The girls were relieved to see the pudgy colt's face.

"Are we sure glad to see you Coop." Scootaloo affirmed, as she and her friends greeted their savior.

Assured of the girls' safety, the colt turned to his passenger. "Guess you were right about the girls being in the forest, Mac."

The large red colt sitting in the passenger seat simply nodded. "Eeyup."

Quickly running up the mechanical giant's arm, the girls boarded the back seat of MEGAS's red muscle car head. Coop turned his attention to the pack of manticores. The pilot, using the controller attached to the steering wheel, hit the downward button followed by the X button. The robot threw a punch into the soil in front of the three beasts, creating a crater with large cracks spreading out from it. Frightened by the mech's show of force, the pack retreated deeper into the forest.

Triumphant, the colt pilot stretched his arms out, cracking his knuckles; the robot, in a similar manner, did the same. "Well that was easy." He then turned his head back to look at the girls. "Now let get you three back to safety." With that, the big blue bot soared above the trees and into the sky; heading back to Ponyville.

Along their flight back, little Apple Bloom's curiosity peaked and she asked the pilot a question. "So Coop, I was wondering. How do you know my brother, Big Macintosh?"

The driver looked back to the filly through his rearview mirror. "What, Me and Mac? We met soon after I arrived here in Ponyville when Applejack and Twilight showed me around Sweet Apple Acres. Me and Mac got to talking about modding our rides and became fast friends after that." The driving colt looked over to the large red colt to his left. "Isn't that right Mac?"

"Eeyup," the blonde haired red colored colt nodded.

Sweetie Belle chimed into the conversation with a question of her own. "Coop, why do you keep calling Big Macintosh "Mac"?"

The driving colt simply pats his large belly. "I'm not so small myself so i don't see no sense in me calling him "Big". As for "Mac", I heard Applejack called him "Big Mac couple of times; so I started doing the same, minus the "Big" part. And Mac here hasn't minded me calling him that since, right Mac?"

"Nope," answered the red coated colt.

Scootaloo joined in the questioning, leaning over on the pilot's shoulder. "So Coop, how did you know where to find us? Did you use some sort of cool scanner on MEGAS or something?

The driver looked back to the curious orange pegasus. "Nah. Mac here came and asked me to help him search for you three, since Applejack wasn't available. He said you three were talking about going bug hunting earlier, so he figured we'd find you three here."

Sweetie hung her head low apologetically. "Sorry for the trouble we've caused."

"Ah it's no sweat. I cause trouble all the time. Besides, I was just getting ready to head over to Fluttershy's. After I drop you guys over at Sweet Apple Acres, I'm heading over to her cottage to see her. Looks like she wants some help improving her cheer but Rainbow Dash wasn't available for some reason, so she asked me for help.

Apple Bloom looked at the driver quizzically. "Fluttershy…cheer? Why would a quiet pony like her want to practice cheering?"

"Dunno, she mentioned something about wanting to be a better cheering section when Angle plays games or something."

As the five ponies headed back to town, back in the forest where MEGAS had left a crater earlier, the cracks in the soil started to widen. Nearby a shadowed figure observed the widening crack as some bizarre growls started coming out from it.


After dropping off Big Macintosh and the Cutie Mark Crusaders at Sweet Apple Acres, Coop headed over to Fluttershy's cottage to begin aiding the light yellow mare in the art of the cheer.

The shy and quiet pony had surprised the colt with her sudden request. With Coop still being fairly new to Ponyville, Fluttershy still hadn't fully opened up to the colt. Then again her reluctance may have had something with that one time Coop went on a food deprived rampage through town, or probably mostly due to the eighty foot tall robot the colt happened to possess.

While the mare did her best to welcome the him at the welcoming party following the Glorft attack, she still showed a hint of shyness whenever they got together. So when the colt got the sudden request for help, he considered this a perfect opportunity to strengthen their friendship and enthusiastically accepted. After all Fluttershy was one of the kindest ponies the human turned colt from another dimension had met. How hard could it be to help her improve her cheering anyway?

Inside the welcoming abode of the animal caretaker mare, the two ponies began their lesson.

"Okay Fluttershy, let's start by hearing your best cheer."

"Alright Coop, here goes." She took a deep breath, preparing to impress the stallion.

"Yay!"

She smiled afterwards, making a squeaking sound that was actually louder than her cheer. "How was that Coop?"

The colt stood there, astonished. "Uh…that was…really? Are you sure you practiced with Rainbow Dash before?" He stared at the happy little mare, realizing this would be a lot harder than he had anticipated. After a few hours of training, things started to wind down. "Ok Fluttershy that was good practice, let's wrap it up with one last cheer. Make it as loud as you can."

The winged mare faced her teacher and took a deep breath.

"Yay!"

Coop looked as astonished as when they first started. The pegasus had the enthusiasm, but for some reason that didn't seem to transfer over to her voice. The Earth pony, not wanting to discourage her effort, gave Fluttershy an accepting nod.

After their exhausting session, mostly exhausting on Coop's part, both ponies stepped out into the daylight. They squinted as the bright sunlight hit their faces as they walked out of Fluttershy's cottage.

"Maybe we practiced a little too much." Said the butterfly cutie marked mare, as she placed one hoof in front of her to shade herself from the light.

"Nah, I'd say that was good amount, especially considering the uh...progress we made. How's bout we grab us a treat after that session. I hear Sugar Cube Corner has a new bubblegum ice cream flavor."

Seeing how the Earth pony had given his all to help her, Fluttershy felt as though she had gotten to better know Coop and started to feeling closer to him as a friend. "Sure Coop, lets go."

Interrupting the moment were some bizarre sounding footsteps coming from the forest. Both ponies looked over to see what was approaching. The slushy sounding footsteps got louder until, they could see what was making it. By the forest's edge was a squishy sack of pale white skin that slowly moved forward. It was round, almost blob like. The creature's skin was soft and saggy, dragging behind it as it moved through the forest.

Fluttershy flew up in horror, recognizing the creature.
"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. What is one of those doing out here like that." The distraught mare said, as she circled around, hovering in a panic. "I have to get help…I know. I'll get Twilight; she'll definitely know what to do."

Without a second thought the winged pony flew off heading for the library, leaving the colt alone with the weird creature that made the frantic pony run off.

"Hey Fluttershy. What about that thing?" Coop yelled out, pointing over to the blob. But the alarmed mare didn't hear him and continued flying off.


Flying faster than she probably ever had before, Fluttershy finally made it to the library. She landed by the entrance and politely tapped her hoof on the door, despite the situation. A lavender unicorn, with a dark indigo mane with a pink streak running down it, opened the door and greeted her.

"Oh, hello Fluttershy, it's good to see you," the unicorn welcomed. She then noticed the panicked look on her friend's face. "What's wrong Fluttershy?"

The alarmed pegasus stepped inside, catching her breath from the rush over. "Twilight...it's awful…just awful...If we don't stop it…something horrible...will happen." The frightened panting pony went on, explaining what she witnessed in the forest.

"What!" the unicorn cried out. She started pacing around in circles, a cold sweat began running down her spine. "This is seriously bad. You said you saw it at the edge of the forest right? Is anypony keeping an eye on it?"

"Well, I did leave Coop with it when I hurried over here."

"What!" the librarian pony cried louder. The cold sweat now became a river on her back as she paced around faster, thinking of how to handle this emergency.

"I'm sorry Twilight, was that a bad idea?" The pegasus sheepishly asked.

Twilight paused. "Okay, maybe this isn't as bad as it seems. As long as we make sure it stays out of the sunlight everything should be fine."

Back over by Fluttershy's home, the colt was examining the mysterious living pile of mush. With the aid of a branch he picked up, the wide bellied Earth pony proceeded to observe the creature's reaction as he jabbed it with the wooden tool in his mouth. The white blob slowly inched away from the colt with each poke, moving closer to the edge of the forest's shade and into the sunlight.

"Hmm," Coop pondered as he continued his prodding.

"Ok Fluttershy, let's go. We need to hurry and make sure it doesn't get into the sunlight." Twilight and Fluttershy made their way out of the library. "I just hope we aren't too late," The purple pony worried, as the two ponies galloped as fast as they could.


They arrived at the forest edge by the pegasus's home and saw that they were too late.

"Oh no…" the magenta mare gasped as she saw the pale blob creature basking in the sunlight.

The strange creature rolled around, convulsing and screeching in pain as the sun's rays burned its pale skin, setting it aflame. The fire that surrounded the creature's body charred its flesh, quickly changing its skin color from pale white to dark black. Its skin hardening as it burned, becoming a glossy black crystal finish. It cried out in agony as its newly hardened skin started to mold into shape, slowly taking the appearance of a dragon.

Over in the forest, a pony like figure walked out from the shadows.

"'Tis too late to stop this young one I see; now I fear we may all face catastrophe." A female zebra proclaimed as she step out from the woods. Twilight looked over, recognizing the striped figure.

"Zecora!" said Twilight, happy to see the rhyming zebra as she trotted over to her. "I'm glad you're here, we could really use your help. But how did you know this was here?"

"I happened to see this fellow emerge from a crack in the Earth, made by a machine driven by a pony with big girth. I ran to my hut in order to find a way to prevent this disaster. Though now I only wished I had arrived much faster. "

The purple unicorn thought for a moment about who this "pony with big girth" could be when the answer struck her as soon as she heard the loud sounds of an engine starting up.

She hoofpalmed herself. "Oh no, don't tell me…"

MEGAS made its way to the scene with Coop riding in the cockpit. The colt had gone to retrieve his mech after the white blob had made its way to the sunlight. Flutershy moved behind Twilight and Zecora, still a little frighten by the colt's giant ride.

Twilight looked up at the colt aboard the towering mech, she was furious. This was probably the worst thing he's done, at least so far. "Coop! How could you let a crystal drake loose?"

"I let a what loose?" the confused colt replied.

Down below, Zecora informed the pilot of what the white blob of flesh was. "Hear me Colt who rides the device of nuts and bolts. This crystal drake, as they are named, throughout Equestria are quite famed. These dragons sleep underground most of their lives. Living in darkness is where they thrive. They remain in the soil where they were sown, absorbing nutrients until fully grown. Once they mature, they take to the skies with their skin glowing white. Their gem covered scales shining so bright. But if these drakes' naps are ever disturbed, then it's their great wrath that shall be incurred."

The clueless pilot looked at the Zebra as she explained, trying hard to understand the words coming out of her mouth.
"Huh?"

Twilight Sparkle, seeing Coop had no clue what Zecora was telling him, did her best to explain. "She means you let a crystal drake out before it matured, and now everypony is in danger."

Hearing the translation, the red checkered vest wearing pony looked over to the dragon that still thrashed about in pain. "You mean that little thing." Coop couldn't help but laugh, "How's that little guy a threat to anypony? I've fought plenty of things bigger than him and they weren't much of a threat." As he continued cracking up, Zecora went on explaining.

"You should not underestimate this little creature, for it comes with one terrible feature. If one of them were to wake up too soon, you'd best hope it's under the moon. For when the sunlight shines upon them, their skin ignites into a black gem. Constant pain then fills their heart. They'll seek to tear our world apart."

"Huh?" the colt replied again.

While Coop tried his best to decipher the multi neck ring totting zebra, the fires surrounding the drake died down as it finished its transformation. Fully encased in ebony colored gem armor, it focused its attention on MEGAS. The black crystal dragon lunged at the blue bot, landing right on its chest. Although being only a fourth the size of the blue metal giant, the dragon still hit with enough force to knock the mech off its feet.

The three mares below watched as MEGAS fell flat on its back, just inches away from Fluttershy's home. The rumble from the fall scared all the critters around the home into hiding. Coop, inside the knocked over mech, quickly grabbed the controls. MEGAS grabbed hold of the lizard and contain it within its grip. The colt maneuvered his bot back onto its feet, never letting go of the living dragon ornament.

Looking over to the girls from the robot's car head, the colt reassured them. "See, it's not so tough. Aw, he's actually kinda cute," he said, playfully wagging one hoof while looking at the dragon that was stretching its neck, desperately trying to bite its captor. The colt looked back down to the girls. "So, what do we do with it?"

Both Twilight and Zecora were at a loss for words. Being an ancient creature of immense power, no pony in history had ever managed to best an ignited crystal drake, let alone contain one.

The zebra looked over to the unicorn. "This is something I had not expected. We should take this opportunity to research from the books you've collected."

The unicorn nodded in agreement. Twilight looked up to MEGAS's pilot. "Coop, I need you to keep holding the dragon, can you handle that?"

"Can do." The pony driver said, waving a hoof to her.

"Ok then." The unicorn turned to her pegasus friend. "Fluttershy, I need you to stay here with Coop while Zecora and I head to the library to figure out a way to deal with the dragon. We just may be able to help it go back to normal."

The winged pony suddenly became nervous after hearing her friend's request. "Leaving me here with that thing? I don't think I can Twilight," she said while she looked over to MEGAS

"I know your still a little scared of dragons Fluttershy, but don't worry. I trust Coop can handle holding it till we get back."

"Oh, right...the dragon."

The purple haired unicorn leaned in closer to her friend. "Plus with you here, you can make sure Coop doesn't accidentally do anything to make things worse."

Fluttershy was very hesitant. While she may have gotten used to Coop, MEGAS was something different. But she didn't want to let her friends down, especially at this most dire moment. She knew she would have had to face her fear of being inside that metal monster someday, but why so soon? Why couldn't it have been a year or two, she would have been ready then...maybe. Realizing this was not the situation to back out; Fluttershy swallowed her fear and accepted. "Alright...I'll do my best Twilight. Just please hurry back okay." Her voice cracked a little as she spoke

With Fluttershy's shaky words, Twilight and Zecora galloped to the unicorn's library home to search for something to help with their major problem.


Now left behind with Coop and MEGAS, it took Fluttershy a bit to get herself inside. Flying up to the machine's cockpit, she got a full look at the mech, catching an eyeful of the flames that appeared on giants arms, legs and center of its body. The burning eyeball located on its right arm only helped to frighten her more as she reached the top.

The colt opened the passenger door, waving to the winged scaredy pony to come join him. Fluttershy was breathing heavily; she was on the verge of clamping her wings shut which at that height would have been a bad idea. She took a deep breath and looked at the colt, remembering that he was her friend and that she was entrusted by Twilight to keep an eye on him. She finally started making her way inside chanting in her mind so she wouldn't lose her cool.

Ok Fluttershy, you're doing this for your friends. They're counting on you. Coop is one your friend and he controls MEGAS, so that means MEGAS isn't going to hurt you. Be brave…Be brave.

The pegasus sat quietly, laying on the passenger seat trying to keep calm, while the colt sat in the driver's seat struggling to cope with the boring tranquility. MEGAS simply stood there, facing the pegasus's home, all the while the captured drake continued thrashing about. A good while had past, but for Fluttershy this moment of silence had helped her relax and forget her fears a little.

The bored colt looked over at the blackened jeweled lizard and sighed. "Why don't I just smash it?" he pondered. "That would solve everything."

Fluttershy, forgetting all about her fears, quickly opposed the idea.
"What? You can't hurt him Coop. It's not his fault he's like this. Besides, Twilight told you to hold the dragon while she and Zecora find a way to help him."

Coop looked at the wriggling dragon and then back to Fluttershy. The mare was giving him a stern but gentle look. The colt pouted, but then resigned his suggestion.
"Fine, I'll wait for them. In the meantime let's hear some music to pass the time. This silence is making me tired."

The Earth pony reached a hoof to the radio dial. Fiddling with the knob, he changed frequencies over to Equestria's most popular rock and roll station. The ear splitting sound of rock music started blaring out from the speakers. Fluttershy started covering her ears from the music while the colt sat there, enjoying the tune.

"Umm, excuse me. Coop, don't you think it's a little too loud?" the pink haired pegasus's question was rendered inaudible against the booming jam that was playing. Fluttershy crouched down in her seat, cringing from the ear splitting sounds as she tried her best to get the colt to lower the volume. Coop couldn't notice since he was busy head banging to the hardcore melody.

Outside of the cockpit, trapped between MEGAS's metal hands, the ensnared dragon lashed out in pain. The sounds coming from the mech's speakers were reverberating through its crystal body, causing it more pain. It thrashed about harder, slowly managing to make its way out of the giant's grip. The two ponies didn't notice; one was crouched down in her seat, shielding her ears from the deafening rock music that the other pony was busy jamming out to.

Standing on top of MEGAS's hands, enraged and still suffering, the dragon leapt towards the source of its pain landing on the hood of the muscle car. The dark colored drake peered through the windshield and saw the rocking out driver and the cowering passenger. Fluttershy was the first to notice it,

"Ahhhhh!"

The mare's scream was loud enough for the colt to notice. He stopped swinging his head and opened his eyes to see the yellow eyed charcoal colored lizard looking straight at him. The gem covered dragon furiously roared at the two ponies. Grabbing hold of one of his controllers, Coop hit the "Grab" command causing MEGAS to reach up for the drake.

Seeing the giant hand approaching, the black colored reptile took to the skies and evading the robot's clutches. It then struck back by dive bombing back down, hitting MEGAS straight in the chest. The harsh impact pushed the mech back a few feet into the forest, while inside the car alarms and warning lights started going off.

Fluttershy popped her head up to see through the windshield, her shaking hooves tapped rapidly on the dashboard.
"What do we do Coop? Twilight and Zecora haven't gotten back yet. We can't let the crystal dragon fly free."

Coop looked over to his passenger and calmly replied,
"It's simple, we just beat this guy down till it stays down."

"You can't! He doesn't mean to be so mean." While the pegasus protested the suggestion, the gem covered drake continued its fly by assaults on MEGAS. Each hit pushed the mech further and further.

"Fluttershy, he really isn't giving me much of a choice right now." The colt driver said as he did his best to block the slew of hits.

The animal loving pony took a look at their situation. Her friend had a point.
"You're right Coop. We need to keep it from flying away so it won't hurt anypony else. Ok Coop, stop him, just…be gentle, please."

"Right…gentle."

Coop looked around the dashboard controls, reading through the various buttons. Each button was labeled an attack that sounded worse than the last. His hoof hovered over each of them, passing over the "Rip arms out of sockets", "Head Butt", "General Pummel", "Set on fire", "Pounding" and "More Pounding" buttons. He came across one and gently pressed his hoof on the unlabeled button.
"How's about this one."

MEGAS's right arm lifted up, its hand retracted into it and a narrow gun barrel popped out in its place. The brief sound of something charging up in the arm was followed by a laser blast from the mech's arm.

Fluttershy looked on in horror as the laser Coop fired went directly for the flying drake.
"Coop, no!" She yelled, concerned for the dragon's safety.

The laser hit its mark, but bounced off the dragon's mirror like scales. The dragon hardly felt a thing, while the laser was reflected back to the blue bot. The blast hit MEGAS in the right shoulder, shaking up the two ponies in the car. Coop, checking for damages, swung MEGAS's arm in a windmill fashion to check if it was still working properly. Seeing that everything was in working order he looked over to the flying sun fried dragon.

"Hmm…That little guy's a lot tougher than he looks."
The driver turned to face his animal loving passenger.
"Sorry Fluttershy but I'm going to have to try something a little rougher if I wanna bring this guy down."

The blonde haired colt pulled on a handle, located next to the emergency break, and hit the button placed on the side of it. A hatch on the right of the robot's forearm opened up and a large missile popped out. The pilot took a second for the missile to lock onto its target.

Fluttershy looked on, growing more concerned as she watched.
"Coop…That isn't going to hurt him is it?"

Ignoring the overly concerned mare, the driver opened fire. The missile launched, rocketing over to the drake flying over the forest and striking its target. The blast that followed was so big the colt needed to brace MEGAS from the force of the explosion. The dragon, taking the full impact of the blast, was knocked out of the sky and back into the forest. It got back up, as though nothing was wrong, only slightly annoyed.

Fluttershy, observing the fallen drake, was relieved seeing that the creature was unharmed; unfortunately the driver didn't share her sentiment.

"What's with this thing," he said as he pounded his hoof on the wheel. "I didn't even make a scratch."

Before the colt could try another attack, the screen on the dashboard went on; the image of a rather peeved violet colored unicorn was looking straight at him.

"Coop, what happened? I heard a blast and I can only assume it would be your doing. Has something happen to the dragon?"

"Oh no Twilight, he is perfectly fine," Fluttershy commented.

"Yeah…fine, except it got away," Coop added.

"I was afraid that was going to happen. Fortunately Zecora and I have some good news, we've figured out a way to stop the crystal drake's rampage."

"What is it Twilight?" the light yellow mare in the passenger seat wondered.

"First, Coop, you need to bring the dragon into the forest where the sun can't reach it."

The robot piloting colt looked over to the recently grounded dragon. It thrashed about under the trees but didn't appear as though it was going to fly off soon.
"Done."

"Good. You'll probably like this next part Coop. I need you shatter its crystal scales. Once it shatters, its mushy pale skin will be exposed again. That's why you need it to be in the shade; otherwise it will just burn and harden in the sun. Once you break its armor, we can put it back in the hole it came from. If we bury it, it should go right back to sleep."

Coop cracked his two knuckles. "Finally! I get to have some real fun, and I think I got the perfect move to get this thing outta his shell."

MEGAS leaped above the trees, flying towards the black gem wrapped drake.
"Alright Fluttershy, watch carefully. I'm about to show you a move that's a personal favorite of mine."

Fluttershy looked over to the driver, curious of what the colt was about to do.
"It won't hurt him will it?"

Coop kept his eye on the drake as the mech dropped in, calling out the name of his attack "The Double Duce!"

MEGAS lands in front of the dark gemstone dragon, and with its full weight plus the force of the fall delivers two massive hammer fists down onto the drake. The dragon's crystal armor cracked from the impact. MEGAS then followed up the hits by lifting the drake up, preparing to rip the gem armor off of it.

"Wait!" Fluttershy yelled out, stopping the colt from finishing his attack. "Coop, Twilight said you have to break his armor in the shade."

"Hehe…whoops. Sorry, forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder Fluttershy."

Adjusting his tactic, Coop finished the dragon off with back breaker down below the tree tops. The combo of powerful moves caused the lizard's black glass like shell to shatter into pieces, leaving it a pale mush of skin once more. Both Coop and Fluttershy looked at the formerly gem husked drake as it slowly moved around as it did before, like nothing had happened.

"Great job Coop," the pegasus complimented, happy to see no harm had befallen the dragon.

Over on the monitor, Twilight Sparkle let Coop know where to place the mushy lizard.


Making their way along the forest, the colt made sure MEGAS held the soft skinned dragon, careful not to lift it above the trees tops.

After the delicate walk that seemed to take forever, the two ponies finally arrived at the crevice where the creature had come from.

The colt took a moment to figure out how to go about placing the dragon back in its hole.
"Guess I should just toss this guy in."

Fluttershy stopped the pilot before he could hit the release button.
"Coop, wait. You need to put him back gently. How would you feel if someone just tossed you into your bed?" she said while giving the pilot a discerning look. The colt, unable to resist that trance like stare of hers, obliged to the mares request.

MEGAS slowly crouched down, leaning into the crevice in order to carefully release the sagging pale skinned mythological lizard back in its resting spot. Coop placed one hoof on the wheel and carefully turned it until MEGAS was right in position.

"Alright, just gotta put it down carefully…"

The colt switched to a joystick controller that looked like one used to operate a prize grabber game. With surgical precision, he tilted the stick causing the bot to move its wrist slightly, adjusting where the mushy creature was about to be set down.

"Carefully…"

Finding the perfect spot, all the colt had to do was hit the release button on the central control panel. His hoof carefully lowered down, inching closer to the "Go exactly as planned" button that would end this ordeal. The colt's flat broad hoof made contact.

*BZZT* the computer responded, but it didn't let go of the drake.

Confused, Coop lifted up his hoof to see what happened.
"Uh oh."

The Earth pony's broad hoof had accidentally hit the oddly named "Make things worse" button that was right next to the desired button the colt meant to press. By sheer misfortune the button happened to stick out further then the release button.

Coop looked at his hoof.
"I really should adjust my button layout to work better for hooves."

"Mmm." The high pitched pegasus frighteningly whimpered.

Four sets of missile popped out from openings around MEGAS's forearms and launched, flying straight into the crevice. Each explosion caused the crack in the ground to grow larger. The blasts also knocked away all the trees around the area that shaded the land.

From the newly expanded crack in the ground, more of the same looking creature as the one in the robot's hand began to emerge. The two ponies inside the car looked on in a daze, completely stunned over what had just happened. With the trees blown away, the bright rays of the sun shined upon the gaping crack and the emerging drakes.

"uh, Twilight…We might have a small problem." Coop relayed over the monitor.

"What happened? Can you two find the spot the dragon came out of?"

"No, we managed to find it." Fluttershy's shaky voice answered.

The colt looked to the unicorn, attempting to break the news carefully.
"Say Twilight, suppose…I dunno. There was more than just one of these dragon things."

The pony on the monitor looked at Coop; she had a very bad feeling she knew where the colt's question was going. She glared at the driver, emphasizing every word in her next question.
"Coop. What did you do?"

"I may have uh...woken up more of them, but it was accident. Right Fluttershy?"

Twilight looked over to the yellow pegasus who only let out a nervous smile as her terrified eyes were more focused on something else. Overhearing the eerily familiar cry she heard the one dragon make earlier, only in mass, she turned back to the colt.

"All you needed to do was put one dragon back in its resting spot…How was that so hard?" The annoyed unicorn ranted.

"Relax Twilight. It's no big deal, I can handle them just like I did with this one." The driver looked to the mech's hand and noticed the dragon blob had caught fire. He tossed the burning sack of flesh over with the others.

Hearing the fat pony's nonchalant answer, Zecora appeared on screen.
"There's one thing Coop you do not understand. It would be bad for these creatures to remain above land. When the sun sets, their scales shall permanently harden. Then consumed by rage, nopony shall be given pardon. So you see Coop, it is a very big deal. We must hurry and find a way to overcome this ordeal."

The driver looked intently at the screen, focusing on the words the zebra spoke.
"Um, Twilight?"

"Uuuh," the unicorn standing behind the zebra on the monitor groaned.
"She means if we don't find a way to put them back in the ground before sunset, their skin will permanently be enclosed in those black crystals and nothing will be able remove them. At that point they'll be unstoppable."
Twilight struggled to think of any possible way to stop this disaster from happening. "I just don't know what we can do…"

"Just leave it to me then. I'll take em down one by one." The colt replied.

"Coop you don't understand, even if you break their scales they'll just grow back when the sun hits them again. Even if that did work there isn't enough time." Twilight looked out the library window and saw that sundown was approaching. Seeing how dire their situation was, Twilight started to lose hope. "It's hopeless…Equestria is doomed!"

"Now wait just a minute Twilight…please," Fluttershy blurted out, as she looked to her saddened unicorn friend. "Coop says that he can handle this…and… and I believe him. He's our friend! You should know by now that we should always trust in our friends. Coop has never let us down before, so when he says he can handle it I know he will."

Fluttershy's words reached Twilight. After hearing the normally soft spoken light yellow pegasus's pep talk, Twilight started to regain her composure. The colt sitting next to the pegasus sniffed a little, as he wiped away something in his eye.

Zecora placed her arm over the unicorn's shoulder. "What young Fluttershy speaks is true. Now's not the time for feeling blue. Trust in your friends is what you must do, if you wish for us all to pull through. Now you and I must devise a plan, to give brave Coop a helping hand."

Twilight, now reinvigorated, looked over to the pony pilot on the T.V. monitor. "Alright Coop I'm counting on you. Do your best, while Zecora and I try to find some information that can help you."

"Rock on Twilight," the colt said as he, Twilight, Zecora and Fluttershy knuckle bump and lifter their hooves up.

MEGAS's engines roared as its rocket launched it into the sky. From above, the two ponies looked over the cleared out portion of the forest. They saw hundreds of soft skinned crystal drakes igniting under the sun's rays. Their flesh sizzled until it hardened into their onyx tinted crystal shells.

Fluttershy looked on, watching the painful expression of the soft skinned lizards as they burned into their rage engulfed dark forms. "Those poor dragons; we've got to save them Coop."

MEGAS boosted over to a swarm that had taken flight. Winding up, the bot throws a punch, plowing through four of them as it flew past. Their crystal shell shattered from the blow and the drakes, now blobs of flesh again, fell back to the ground.

"Ha ha, they're not so tough when their still fresh." Coop commented.

Fluttershy, tugging the colt's shirt, pointed down to the where the dragons had fallen. "Coop, look."

Down below, the mushy skin drakes that had fallen were burning once more. They cried out again as their skin reformed exactly the way it was before.

"Hmm…This might be trickier than I thought," the driver realized.

More black dragons took to the sky and started charging towards the mech. Coop, turning the wheel, managed to maneuver MEGAS to dodge two that came at him, but a third one struck the robot from behind. Caught off balance, the pilot couldn't avoid four more tackling drakes. They hit the blue metal giant on its chest and back, with last hit sending the mech hurdling to the ground.

"AHHH" The two ponies aboard MEGAS yelled as they plummeted down.

Coop managed to stop the free fall, landing on the missile wrecked barren land. Recovering from the fall, the duo looked out in front of them. They were surrounded by numerous fully gem covered dragons.

"Alright, let's see how you chumps like this!"

One of the gem covered lizards jumped towards MEGAS, but the blue fighting machine quickly grabbed it and shoved the attacking reptile forcibly into the ground. The colt licked his lip as he pulled the trigger on his steering wheel controller. MEGAS opened fire from the hand still buried in the soil. The ground rumbled from the rapid blasts coming from the robot's still buried arm, continuing to fire until a few dark crystal shards emerged from the soil. The creature, stripped of it crystal shell, was now peacefully asleep underneath the soil.

"There, Now I just need to do that…" Coop looked out to the sight of hundreds of drakes circling around his robot, his enthusiasm dropped slightly. "A few hundred more times."

MEGAS continues the offense, charging to a group of the charcoal colored dragons on the ground. Coop, hitting a combo on his gamepad, had his robot grab four drakes together and gave them an Earth embedding power slam. The dragons' crystal shells shattered as their body were slammed. Their armor stripped off before the weight of the metal giant forced them to sink underground. MEGAS flexed after that show of strength, shining as the setting sun shined upon it, before it moved on to the next set of dragons.

On Coop's display screen, he controlled an eight bit image of MEGAS that jumped on the backs of black eight bit shells of some turtles; Meanwhile outside, the blue mech was hopping on the backs of drakes still on the ground. Their shells burst from the metal giant's stomps before being forced into the ground.

Looking on, Fluttershy took notice of the drakes that had been buried.
"Coop its working, they're staying underground. If you keep this up, you may be able to save them all before the sun sets."

With that good news Coop continued to send dragon after dragon underground, breaking their shells, just before they were buried. The robot punched down on one with enough strength that it instantly sank underground. The soil where the beast had been punched into rose up a little as its crystal shell shattered and popped off underground.

Grabbing a drake by the tail, the bot began swinging it around like a fail, using his new crystal weapon to strike numerous drakes into the Earth. The ponies could hear the popping sounds of their crystal scales crack after they went under. After a couple dozen strikes Coop noticed the makeshift flail was cracking up from the constant strikes upon its brethren. The bot, no longer needing its services, shoved the dragon down into the ground where its cracked armor shattered right after.

Coop now focused his attention to the remaining drakes still roaming the skies above. MEGAS grabbed hold of the last lizards still on the ground and tossed it like a football. The airborne drake hit one of its brothers in the air, ricocheting off like a pin ball hitting numerous others before plummeted back to the ground. With the airborne drakes' attention now on the robot, the colt pilot pulled on the eight ball gear shift causing a twin set of Gatling guns to pop up from the top of MEGAS's forearms. The pilot took aim on the flying mass and stomped his hoof on the gas.

"Yeah!" The colt yelled as a barrage of bullets flew wildly across the sky. The stallion then turned a hard left on the wheel.

MEGAS spun around in a full cirlce by the waist to lay down fire all around it. Bullets flew like mad, hitting the drakes and wreaking havoc on their shining armor, sending them back to the ground. As the dragons hit the barren earth, bits of their heavily damaged gem armor chipped off. Coop drove over as quickly as he could to send them into the soil, but some had already begun to catch fire again, regenerating their lost armor. Numerous dragons screeched in agony as they endured a second searing. As the reptiles cried out, the ground below MEGAS's feet began shaking violently.

"Coop, are you doing that?" Fluttershy asked, hoping it was nothing to worry about.

Coop looked back at her, shaking his head left and right as the vibration continued, becoming stronger as time went on. He turned to the dashboard monitor.
"Twilight, got any clue why the ground's shaking so much?"

"I don't know Coop. It may just be that the dragons are burrowing themselves further into the soil after you placed them back. After all, you did just put a lot of them back down. But I can't be too sure."

Now that all the drakes remaining were on the ground, the pony driver pointed MEGAS over the group, and hit the large red button labeled "NITROUS". In a flash the robot rushed past the group of drakes, plowing them into the ground. The mech traveled so fast only a blue streak could be seen as it ripped through the crowd of drakes, forcing them to go underground. The mech skid across the forest as it slowed to a stop. The sound of the drake's armors cracking underground sounded like popcorn kernels popping.

"I could go for some popcorn right about now," said the colt as he faced his bot over to the final remaining dragon. "Alright, last one!"

Grabbing the dragon, MEGAS leaped into the air and started to rotate quickly with the dragon in between the robots legs. As the two fell back down to the ground, spinning like a top; the mech pile drove the dragon into the dirt, sending it spinning into the Earth like a drill. MEGAS struck a pose, sticking one hand up as it pointed a finger to the sky in victory.

"Coop you did it. You saved all the crystal dragons." Fluttershy said in amazement.

With the last of the dragons back where it belonged, the colt dusted his hooves in accomplishment with MEGAS mimicking its driver. Coop then looked to the monitor. "See Twilight, I told you I could handle this. And I did it with plenty of time before sundown. There was nothing to worry about." The ground started to shack even worse than before, cutting into what the pony was saying. "One of these days Twilight, you'll learn…to…trust...old...Coop?"

The quaking soil was so intense; Coop could hardly keep MEGAS on its feet.

Twilight's voice crackled through the speakers. "Coop! Something big is heading your way!"

The robot flew up just in time to avoid falling into the large opening that formed below them. The ground began to rise and crumble as clouds of dirt spouted out through cracks in the land. Then the risen ground quickly sank back down as something huge began to emerge from it. Another one of those pale soft skinned dragons emerged; only this one was far larger.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me!" Coop gripped, as he and Fluttershy watched the immense mushy scaled drake emerged from the crater.

"That must be their mother." Fluttershy informed. "Mother crystal dragons tend to lay with their hatchlings, but I didn't know they got so big. I didn't think she was with them since she never show up all this time. She must be upset after hearing so many of her babies cry out from being exposed to the sun."

Coop looked to the unicorn on the monitor in hopes of getting some good news. "Yo Twilight, if you or Zecora found anything about dealing with these things, now would really be a good time to let me know."

The cloud of dust surrounding them cleared and the bright sunlight hit the dragon matriarch, creating an enormous fire that surround her colossal body. The giant drake didn't cry out or thrash about in pain like her children; she merely flinched slightly as her skin burned until it hardened into a solid black diamond armor that surrounded her entire body.

Fully encased in raven colored diamonds, it stood far larger than the blue bot. A single one of its claw was about five times the size of MEGAS. The dragon rose up on her hind legs, spreading its massive set of dark crystal laced wings, let out a deafening roar.

"Oh no! Coop! look!" A panicking Fluttershy shouted as she pointed down to the ground below.

On the ground, the smaller flesh blobs that Coop had previously returned to the soil started to come back up. Beckoned by their mother's call, the younger dragons dug their way out of the soil and began to burn once more.

"Please Stop mother dragon! You're hurting your babies!" Fluttershy pleaded to the mother drake, but the beast didn't listen. "Oh Coop all those cries from her kids earlier must have driven her crazy. She won't listen to reason. We need to find a way to save them all."

Coop and Fluttershy, inside MEGAS's cockpit, watched as the massive dragon's children sizzled in the daylight. Sun scorched, they rose up to the sky once more, joining their mother. Coop aimed MEGAS towards the dragon matriarch and stepped on the gas. The mech soared past the smaller drakes and with its rockets flaring, flew straight towards the largest crystal dragon with both its fist pointed straight at her. The matriarch saw the blue robot heading towards her and lifted one of her massive hands up.

*Chink*

With a simple flick of her claw, the dragon mother sent the robot flying clear to the edge of the forest.

"Whaaaaa!"

"Ahhhhhh!"

The ponies cried out as the bot flew helplessly over the trees, bouncing over and over as MEGAS hit the ground, skidding on the soil and hitting numerous trees until finally stopping at the very edge of the forest. Getting up the two ponies saw they were right behind FLuttershy's cottage. Both, recovering from the blow, looked back to the center of the forest.

Coop sat their rubbing his head. "Ok, so maybe flying straight towards that thing wasn't such a good idea. I'm open to suggestions."

Over on the monitor, Zecora popped up with an urgent message. "Coop, I've found some helpful news. Let us hope with this you do not lose. The key to defeating them is sound. Then we can place them in the ground."

"Twilight, translation please?" Coop requested.

"She means the dragon's crystal skin is weak to sonic vibrations. If you can hit them with a strong enough blast their crystal armor should crack off easy.

The Earth pony looked at the unicorn in the same manner he had been staring as Zecora when she spoke to him. "Huh?"

"Sound Coop! Sound! You need to hit them with sound. Does MEGAS have anything that attacks using sound?"

The chubby pony looked at the monitor, hesitant to answer. "I do, but Kiva told me I should only use in emergencies."

"Coop, all of Equestrian is about to be overrun by a massive colony of out of control, unstoppable dragons. This would constitute an emergency!" Twilight hollered back

Understanding the mare's point, Coop reached under his shirt and pulled out a small red key attached to a little chain wrapped around the colt's neck. He then inserted the key into a slot on a panel located just to the left of the steering wheel. The panel had two latches in the center, a small green button at the top right, a scanner at the bottom right and a small L.E.D. display screen that read in red letters "Thumb print ID".

"Uhhh…" The colt paused, remembering he no longer had thumbs

Looking out to the massive swarm of drakes fast approaching, with the much larger one slowly following behind, Coop smashed his hoof on the panel in frustration. The little display flicked from the hit and the words "Accepted" popped up. Smiling at his fortune the blonde maned pony continued the activation process.

Fluttershy, who was watching the activation procedure this entire time, grew more and more worried after seeing all the precautionary steps it took simply to prepare whatever it was Coop was going to do.

Finishing the activation process, all that was left to do was press on little red button. Up on the display the red lettering simply read "The Jammer."

The Earth pony took one last look at the purple unicorn on the monitor. "Don't say I didn't warn you earlier Twilight. Now putting all power to the Jammer"

The Earth pony's hoof was just inches away from the final button when he was interrupted by a few of the charging dragons. A wave of drakes had reached MEGAS, with the matriarch only a few hundred feet behind.

"With these guys on me I can't use the Jammer." The colt began firing missile towards the attacking drakes with the blast only serving to temporarily knock the beasts away from MEGAS. "I gotta keep these guys off me."

The unicorn on the monitor called out. "Coop you have to hurry, the sun is about to set!"

Fluttershy looked over to her struggling friends. She wanted to help out, but how?
"Coop is there anything I can do to help?"

"I don't think there's anything you can do Futtershy…" Coop thought for a second. He looked over to the pegasus and got a crazy idea. "Wait! There is one thing you can do, but are you up for it?"

"Yes."

"You want to help these dragons, right?"

"Yes."

"And save all of Equestria, right?"

"Yes."

"Alright then, just follow my instructions."

Coop fired off a few more missiles, sending the remaining nearby drakes back. The Colt pressed the final red button on the small panel causing the seat the pink haired yellow pegasus was seated in to sink down, descending into MEGAS.

"Eeep!" the mare managed to squeak as she vanished below. Suddenly all her fears about MEGAS resurfaced as she started going further into the center of mech.

As Coop watched his frightened friend descend, a little bit of doubt began to build in his head.
"Twilight, do you think Fluttershy will be able to do this?"

"Don't worry Coop. As long as I've know her, Fluttershy's never let her friends down when they needed it. Whatever it is you need her to do I'm sure she'll come through. It's just that sometimes she need a little encouragement." The unicorn on monitor reassured. "Don't you remember what she said, friends trust each other. Just like she trusted you earlier, it's time for you to trust her."

MEGAS's chest panel opened up, revealing a platform that moved forward to jut out of the mech's body. A series of giant speakers popped out from inside the machine, surrounding the platform where a lone microphone stood on the edge with a lone disco ball spinning just above it.

In the very back of the platform, quivering in the shadows, was the shy winged pony who was already regretting her decision to help.

From up above in the robot's head the pilot called out the terrified mare.
"Ok Fluttershy, all you need to do is yell into that microphone."

"Ahhhh!" she cried, but the frightened pink maned pony's soft shout didn't reach the microphone.

"That was good Fluttershy, but you're gonna to have to move a lot closer and be a little louder for the mic to hear you."

Twilight watched on, realizing what the colt's "Jammer" was going to do. "Coop is Fluttershy's voice going to be strong enough for this "Jammer" of yours to even work?"

"Don't worry I got that part covered. After all I spent today helping her improve. All she needs to do now is yell into the mic."

Fluttershy bravely started making her way over the microphone stand. Crawling forward with her eyes shut, she was trying to not think about the fact that she was inside of a giant metal monster about the be attacked by a swarm of angry crystal dragons and that everyponies' lives were depended on her. Her nose hit the stand and the pony picked herself up, opening her eyes to see the army of drakes fast approaching. Fear stricken, her mind suddenly drew a blank.

She looked up to the colt in the car. "Coop what should I say?"

"Anything Fluttershy, just yell it into the mic!" Coop yelled back as he watched the drakes approaching.

"I just don't know what to yell."

"Coop! The sun is about to set!" A hysteric Twilight on the monitor hollered.

Practically on the verge of fainting Fluttershy's mind was racing.

What do I do! Everypony is counting on me.

I'm so scared. Those dragons are going to eat me.

Why did I say i wanted to help? I'm going to let every pony down...

...NO. I can't let my friends down. I just need to yell into the mic, but what do I say. What if I say something and nothing comes out.

The Colt yelled as loud as he could. "Fluttershy! Let's hear your best cheer!"

That's it!

Fluttershy took a deep breath. "Haaaaaaah."

Inside the muscle car cockpit, Coop placed a hoof on the volume dial and turned the knob past level "10", taking it up to his modified level of "11,000,000".

"Yay!" the pegasus shouted as best as she could.

On the monitor the lavender unicorn called out to the driver. "Coop, what happened did Flutter-" Twilight's voice suddenly went silent.

It wasn't just the unicorn on the monitor that want quiet, everything around them suddenly went ominously silent. Even the roars of the approach dragons suddenly cut. The air itself seemed to bend surrounding MEGAS, fanning out like a ripple. Silence had fallen.

Over in Ponyville, ponies around town were confused. Their mouths moved but no sound came fourth, in fact nothing made any sound at all. For those few brief moments, it appeared that all sound had ceased to exist. Twilight and Zecora looked to the colt on the T.V. screen who only placed his arms behind his head, laid back and waited for what was about to happen.

"Yay!" The shout made by Fluttershy earlier rang out from the speakers, only several million decibels louder.

What followed was a sonic boom that traveled in a massive wave in front of the blue robot, ripping through the forest. The force was so great it forced a layer of the Earth itself the rise up, forming a massive wave that began traveling through the entire Everfree Forest. It was the worlds first sonic yayboom

Ponyville wasn't unaffected either; the massive sound wave also went through town causing various forms of havoc.


Over at Carousel Boutique, a very busy, purple maned, white coated, unicorn pony was hard at work creating her next masterpiece. She had been working all week on a new dress order made by a famous performer in Canterlot. Fully concentrated on her work the mare did not notice that noise had suddenly vanished. She spoke to herself.

"This is going to be absolutely fabulous. It may have taken me days of constant work, but this is probably one of my best designs." The unicorn said to herself, praising her fashionable dress made of a delicate gem laced gown.

Adding the last bit of lacy diamond encrusted ribbons to the shoulders of the dress, the unicorn took a step back to observe her finished work.

It was at that moment that a voice rang through the shop.

"Yay!"

The mysterious echoing voice shattered every window as it passed through the boutique. The unicorn watched as window after window broke into pieces in the wake of the voice. The pattern of broken glass was leading down a path to the dress she had just finished. The poor unicorn could only watch the dress shake as the voiced passed through it. The force of the passing vocal vibrations cracked the gems on the dress into dust. The unicorn, unable to comprehend what had just happened, looked out the window and yelled out something incomprehensible; due to the fact that all sound had been rendered mute, it was probably a good thing nopony could hear what she yelled out.


Back in the forest, trees, rocks and everything within was being thrown into the air as the traveling wave of risen land, caused by Fluttershy's sonic yayboom, hit them. The blast of sound soon made its way through the hundreds of drakes. Their dark armor shattered instantly from the intense vibrations created by the powerful sonic blast, causing them to fall to the ground. The follow up wave of dirt fell on top of the fallen divested drakes, burying them all back underground.

The dragon matriarch was all the remained, she stood firm ready to face Fluttershy's vocal onslaught. The sound wave struck the diamond armor that encased the massive mother drake and it didn't hold out long before it started to crack. Passing through the dragon's body, the sonic attack ravaged her protective shell but it still remained on her body, barely holding together. The gem armor was completely shattered all over and looked as though it was about to fall apart at any second when the traveling wave of the forest struck her. The wave whipped the dragon's body into the sky. Her cracked dark armor shined beautifully like a disco ball one last time as the setting sun shined upon her, casting a beautiful light all over the forest. Just seconds before the sun vanished over the horizon, the dragon matriarch's crystal shell shattered into dust leaving her a pile of soft fleshed mush that started to fall to the ground.

Fluttershy watched the helpless drake plummet to the ground. She quickly flew back inside the car. "Coop we have to help her!" the pegasus pleaded as she pointed over to the falling pale blob.

The colt quickly flew MEGAS under the drake, where he used all the propulsion his robot had to save the huge matriarch from the fall. Managing to slow her decent, Coop placed the dragon mother gently to the ground where Fluttershy then flew over to her.

"Excuse me! I'm terribly sorry for all the trouble Ms. dragon; we weren't trying to harm your babies. We were only trying to help send them back home."

The blob of pale white smooth skin turned what appeared to be her face over to the flying mare. A soft, elegant voice that felt nice to the two ponies' ears loudly rang out.

"I thank you little one. Please forgive my actions; I was unaware of your intentions and had thought the worst was happening to my children."

"It's ok. You were just worried that your children were being hurt." The pegasus replied back.

"It is thanks to you, little pony, and the power of your voice, that my children and I were spared a lifetime of eternal pain. This is something no creature had ever managed to do. We shall never forget your kindness this day."

Fluttershy blushed from the matriarch's kind words. "It wasn't just me. My friend Coop did most of the work." She said, pointing a hoof over to MEGAS. The blob turned to face the colt that waved at her from inside the mech's red colored head.

"Ah yes, the one who first awoke my children from their slumber. When I first saw you, I mistook your actions as hostile. I'm sorry but after hearing so many of my children cry out in pain I lost myself. I could not see your true intentions. I was too far into my madness to stop myself, but you stood firm, facing me and my children down. You are truly a brave hero, even if at first your actions can be misleading."

"Thanks. And sorry for…well everything," the colt answered back.

"Farewell heroes, I must return to my children, to protect their slumber. Once again thank you two." With those words, the crystal drake mother dove into the soil and vanished, leaving a massive crater where she dug down. Fluttershy flew back into the cockpit where the colt turned to ask her Twilight and Zecora something that was on his mind since before this whole event had even started.

"Now that that's settled, who's up for some ice cream with the little chunks of bubble gum in it?"

"What?" Fluttershy yelled back, putting a hoof to her ear.


The next day, after the clean up following the events that unfolded, ponies throughout the town went about their peaceful lives unscathed after all the chaos, except everypony was sporting a strange set of small brass horns that stuck out from their ears.

Over at the outdoor restaurant, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Coop were sitting at one of the tables, enjoying a meal.

"I'm so glad everything managed to turn out alright in the end. You two managed to save all of Equestria together. This time you actually managed not to destroy the town Coop, you only had to flip Everfree Forest upside down."

Over in the Everfree Forest Zecora was hard at work, cleaning up her upside down hut that was left in a disastrous state. Potions, herbs, clay pots, and decorations were scatter all over the house. "I cannot believe to reckless colt, destroying my home, that dolt."

"What'd you say Twilight?" The colt yelled back, putting his hoof to his ear.

"Coop, put your hearing aid on."

"What?"

With her magic, the unicorn placed a set of brass funnels into the light brown colt's ears. "There, now can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear," the Earth pony replied.

Twilight looked around to all the ponies wearing the same horns and then adjusted the set she had sticking out of her ears.
"Good thing the doctor said everyponies' hearing loss is temporary; I don't think I could get used to always wearing this." She then turned over to look to her mare friend sitting quietly beside her. "It's a good thing you stayed behind to help Coop. I'm proud of you Fluttershy, doing that while you were scared of MEGAS.

After taking a sip of her tea Fluttershy placed her cup down. "It's ok Twilight, besides after everything that happened I've learned not to be scared of MEGAS. Even if it's something that looks scary, knowing that our friend is the one behind it, I know it would never harm me or any of us.

Twilight nodded in agreement.
"It's a good thing you stayed with Coop. If you didn't yell as loud as you did I don't want to imagine how things would have turned out."

Fluttershy thought for a second then looked over to the big bellied red checked vest wearing colt.
"I'm just glad he is a good teacher."

The colt noticed the pegasus looking at him with her lips moving.
"What?" He yelled back.

Twilight saw that the t-shirt wearing Earth pony had somehow lost his set of horns again.
"Coop! How come your hearing aids keep falling off?" she reprimanded.

Fluttershy laughed as she watched her friends, taking another sip from her cup