• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 9,456 Views, 233 Comments

My Little Megas XLR - Alkem



Coop and MEGAS arrive in Poniville. Ponies, giant robots, chaos and explosions ensue.

  • ...
7
 233
 9,456

The Radio Tower Defense

My Little Megas XLR

Chapter 10: Radio Tower Defense.


Far above Equestria's vast fields, lush forests, and highest peaks, a steady stream of pegasus ponies could be seen flying to and from Cloudsdale. The cotton like metropolis in the sky, where the winged ponies calmly fluttered about, was bustling with the stream of flyers winding its way around the city to its famous weather factory. As the flowing river of feathered equines made its way inside, another stream made its way out. Those outgoing pulled along darkened clouds with them as they left.

The busy factory churned away with an orchestra of venting steam pipes and thunderous roars throughout its fluffy white walls. Ponies were hard at work assembling cloud formations and loading them to the brim with lightning bolts until they were plum and grey. Workers trotted along elevated platforms, following cumulus pipes and static tubing that overlooked the factory as it led to the exit where ponies lined up down below, waiting to receive a darkened cloud along with their orders.

It was in line, dressed in her white factory uniform along with yellow safety hat, that Rainbow Dash waited. Keeping her head down as a conversation sparked by two mare quickly spread throughout the line.

"Can you believe this? Having to remake all those storm clouds. That's twice now!"

"I know," another replied. "The first time it happened was bad enough, but twice? Who'd use up all those clouds like that anyhow?"

Wiping away the sweat building on her forehead, Rainbow lowered her hat to hide as more ponies join in on the conversation.

"Maybe it's that monster ponies have been talking about? You know, the one they say eats rainbows,"

"That thing's not real," a pony sharply retorted. "Besides the second time the clouds disappeared was back when all those missing ponies from Ponyville suddenly returned, and that was before the monster rumors started."

"Hey, who's to say the monster wasn't around before then? Maybe it was it just trying to eat the clouds?"

"Get real."

With the topic of discussion changing from missing clouds to monsters, Rainbow Dash let out a relived sigh, forgetting she was surrounded by her coworkers and catching the eyes of the two standing beside her who started to stare at her suspiciously.

Realizing she was being watched, Rainbow smiled nervously at them. "Heh heh. Just, uh…" She then started to stretch. "You know, tired from all the hard work we've been pulling." She then yawned, attempting to play it off casually. The two next mares at her sides shrugged at each other and went back to waiting in line while she continued her to stretch. She then leaned back and caught a glance at the large map of Equestria posted on the wall they were line up against.

While Rainbow kept her eyes on the chart, taking note of the big cities with clouds drawn over them, a pony flew down next to the line with a radio held in his hoof. The green furred stallion set the little device onto the floor and turned a dial. All of a sudden a booming mare's voice blared out from the radio's speakers.

"Good morning everypony!"

"Aaaah!" Rainbow Dash yelled, surprised by the sudden outburst as her main and wings becoming rustled in the process. Taking a moment to fold her wings and fix herself up, she spun round to see what caught her by surprise.

"What's up mares and colts," the radio continued. "This is your favorite pair of mares. Coming to you through the airwaves with those jams you know and love. Today we're kickin' it in scenic Ponyville where things are about to go wild."

Hearing mare's voice, the line turned their heads to listened in. "Well at least we've got something good to listen to while we're stuck her," said one of the workers.

"Yeah," another replied, with a slightly downed tone. "It's too bad we got to be here. I was really looking forward to visiting Ponyville today."

"Yeah, me too."

"Same here."

"I can't believe we're all missing it."

Feeling the tone of her fellow weather ponies, Rainbow ducked her head once more, saddened about what she too was missing out on back home.


Down on the ground, some distance away from the ever busy factory, an energizing breeze whisked its way across Ponyville. Traveling through its oddly empty streets, past shops and homes, finally making its way to town hall where a massive gathering stood outside before a wooden stage. The large group of mares and colts look on upon the stage as a collection of ponies sat before a rectangular table that spanned the length of the stage.

Opposite of the platform, settled behind the anxious crowd, two mares sat together in a booth. With two microphones placed on the table set in front of them, speakers positioned at their feet aimed towards the crowd and a device with a series of dials and knobs on another table nearby, one of the two, a white unicorn with a striped cobalt blue and cyan mane, grabbed hold of her mic.

"Take a good look at our contestants everypony, cuz one of em's gonna be this year's champ!" The mare's voice shot forth the speakers, echoing through the crowed who cheered in response. Waving a bit to the ponies, she then turned to her colleague beside her. "So Octavia, who do you thinks gonna win?"

With a dismayed looking in her set of mulberry eyes, the dark gray earth pony stared back at her. "Vinyl, what makes you think I'd know anything about this sort of thing? Before today I had no Idea ponies did this competitively, let alone that it's an annual event."

Tilting her sunglasses up from her eyes, a reflection of Octavia appeared on Vinyl's half opened plum colored eyes. "You seriously need to get out more Octy. I mean really, Ponyville's annual competition is legendary." She put her attention towards the audience, slowly waving a hoof over therm. "Just look at that crowd. Ponies come from all over Equestria to watch and compete every year."

"Well sorry for not knowing. I usually don't follow such uh… extreme activities," Octavia commented, her eyes rolling slightly.

Still waving at the crowd, Vinyl went up announcing. "Well everypony, this is your favorite tune slinging unicorn, Vinyl Scratch, a.k.a. DJ Pon-3; And with me as always is the one, the only, that ever classy and ever clueless cellist, Octavia!"

"Hey!" Octavia shouted. "Just because I don't know anything about this competition like you do, doesn't make clueless." She glared at the unicorn that still waved to the ponies in the crowd. "Vinyl? Hey Vinyl, are you listening to me?"

Caught up in the excitement, Vinyl scratch kept on commentating. "Now I know who I'm placing my bets on to win this year, but what about you Octy? Being a newbie and all, who do you think is going to win?"

Know the futility in trying to argue with the zealous unicorn next to her, Octavia sighed quietly, giving up the notion of having her partner listen, and stood up to get a look at the contestants onstage. "Hmm..." She painstakingly observed each of them. Judging which one she'd choose, until she came to a decision. "Well considering what sort of competition this is, I'll go with contestant number seven."

Vinyl reached over for a nearby clipboard and began flipping through its pages. "Okay, let's see here. Number seven, number seven, aha!" she exclaimed stopping her hoof on a page. "So you're picking the newcomer huh? How fitting. Well judging by looks, I'd say he may give the champ a run for her money this year. Then again, the champ's shown us time and again that size doesn't matter so who knows." As she took her eyes off the pages and back to the stage, she spotted a certain pony heading to the front. "Alright everypony, Mayor Mare is headed onstage so that means things are about ready to get started."

The mayor walked down the platform, her hooves clonking against the wood as she waved to the slowly silencing audience. Now standing at the stage's edge, she cleared her throat and looked out upon the crowd.

"Ahem. Fillies and gentlecolts, it is my esteemed honor to welcome you all once again to our beloved Ponyville. I see we have a batch of fresh faces this year that I'm sure are as eager as the rest of us to make this year's competition the best yet!"

Ponies erupted in jovially cheers stomping their hooves in excitement. While the mayor went on riling up the crowd, a team of unicorns quickly went to work setting the tables behind her. They skillfully set down plates and napkins in front of each ponies at the table. Then, needing two to hold the next item with their magic, placed down a massive covered platter that shook the stage slightly. Finished with their duty, they quickly moved offstage, single file as they had arrived, just as the Mayor was wrapping her speech up.

"Now without further delay, let us begin." A hush fell among the gathering as they watched her turn to face the twelve contestants seated behind her. "Contestants, are you ready?"

With a simple nod followed by the thump of their hooves, they affirmed their eagerness to start. Nodding back with a calm smile on her face, Mayor Mare then raised a hoof over her white mane and high into the air.

"On your marks."

With all eyes focused upon the mayor's light gray amber hoof, the contestants took those brief seconds to glance among one other. Staring down one another, they signaled their intent to win.

"Get set."

All of them except for two seated a few chairs away from each other. Intense glares were swapped for smiles shared between each other. After their brief gauging of their rivals, the twelve looked back upon the Mayor's hoof, just as it arced towards the floor..

"GO!"

With the crowd's cheers rocking the town Vinyl sat wide eyed and on the edge of her seat. Likewise, Octavia watched with wide eyes but instead being at the front, she was on the back edge of hers.

"And Ponyville's annual Cupcake Chow Down Show Down has officially started!" Vinyl shouted with her hoof firm wrapped around her mic. "As our contestants begin taking their first bites, we'd like to take a moment and thank the awesome couple who delicious cupcakes make this all possible. Let's hear it for Ponyville's own Mr. and Mrs. Cake, you two rock."

With excitement booming, the twelve plowed into the mounds of desserts piled before them. Within minutes, the entire stage was coated in layers of frosting as the group eagerly munched, chewed, gobbled, and wolfed down every moist treat they got their hooves on. Globs of creamy frosting flew everywhere in the process.

In the booth, with her eyes glued to the action, Vinyl managed to pry them away to see her partner cringing. "Uh... So Octy, what do you think?"

"What do I think?" she reiterated, cowering in her chair, putting her forelegs over her eyes. "You call this a competition?"

Focusing back onto the stage, Vinyl smiled. "I know. Isn't it awesome?"

Octavia dared to move her hooves away, catching the sight of pink goop landing upon the cheering crowd. Their once colorful coat now smeared, slowly turned red as it dried, giving it a more disturbing look then what it really was. "It looks more like a horror show," her trembling voice replied as she shielded her eyes again.

"What?" Vinyl asked, looking over to her terrified friend. "Oh come on Octy. It's nothing like that. You're over exaggerating."

"Oh yeah?" Octavia said, pointing one hoof onstage while she shielded her eyes with the other. "Take a good look and think about it for a sec."

Skeptic of her partner's gross misconception, Vinyl turned her head back to the stage and lifted her shades up from over her eyes. What was once a purple tinted scene of a friendly eating competition between ponies, transformed before her eyes into that of twelve foul demonic beasts sinking their fangs into their helpless prey. Globs of the goo hurled wildly from the poor victims ghastly wounds as the savage creatures viciously clutched and ripped apart more of the poor spongy creatures. Their fluids spilt over the table, spreading through the floor and coating it in a pink glaze that slowly darkened into.

While the stage itself was a sight to behold, what really sent a chill up her spine were the creatures themselves. Covered in their victim's shredded remains, their coats now resembled the smeared floor; their eyes gleaming with ravenous hunger as they continued to maul everything in sight.

Unable to bear anymore, Vinyl quickly placed her lenses back over her eyes. "Okay," she muttered, quivering as she quietly leaned back in her chair, her expression now resembling that of Octavia. "So maybe it can sorta look like that if you think about it. Next year they definitely should change the frosting to blue or something." Shooing away the last disturbing image from before in her head, Octavia pushed herself forward and resumed commentating. "With that thought outta the way, let get back on track. Vinyl Scratch here…" Vinyl waited, seeing a shaky hoof on her right reach for the second mic.

"With Octavia," Octavia added, still a little shaken up.

"And we're here in Ponyville where the annual Cupcake Chow Down Show Down is well underway. Everypony's started off strong and till now no one's dropped out yet. But as our contestants reach their twentieth cupcakes, I bet we'll start seeing ponies drop soon."

Looking on along with Vinyl, Octavia noticed a pony onstage begin to sway. "Oh dear. Vinyl, you may want to have look over there."

Vinyl turned her head and spotted the wobbling stallion. "It looks like we may have our first down."

With a lone cupcake sitting atop his dark grey hoof, the stallion in question swayed back and forth with a glazed look in his eyes as sweat dribbled down from his mane. Fending off his fatigue as well as gurgling feeling in the pit of his stomach, he stared down the little morsel. It pulsated in his eyes, tormenting him as the only thing in focus, with a blurry background of screaming onlookers. He inched the daunting dessert towards his lips and slowly opened his mouth.

Another wave of fatigue swept in, far stronger than before. The stallion did his best to endure, but felt the last of his strength fade just as he sensed the creamy little snack caress the tip of his tongue. He leaned back, dropping hard onto the floor. The piles of crème cream cushioned his fall with a mushy thud as the treat that tormented poured salt in the now passed out pony by landing smack dab between his eyes. Witnessing the colt's collapse, the crowd was in an uproar as the remaining eleven kept on going.

"And contestant number three, uh…"

"Baritone," Octavia blurted, holding onto the clipboard of contestants.

"Thanks Octy. It looks like contestant number three; Baritone's stomach couldn't take anymore and called it quits. That's one pony down, eleven to go. While cheer on our remaining ponies, let's play some music in honor of our first down."


Back in Cloudsdale, the factory seemed to move at a faster pace thanks to the music playing on the radio. Still, the energetic tunes could stop an anxious Rainbow Dash from sighing as she looked out towards the open sky. As last song ended, her ears perked up to hear the coverage of the competition. She gnawed at her hooves, listening in as more names were called as they dropped out. She stared out towards home, with two friends in mind. "Come on you two, don't lose," she whispered as the radio continued reporting the action.

"And down goes another one," Vinyl's voice rang out. "Things are really getting intense now. With only four ponies left and well over fifty cupcakes munched, were nearing the end and my champ's still going strong."

"Don't get ahead of yourself Vinyl," Octavia interrupted. "My pick's still in the competition too and looking just as strong."

"It's only a matter of time Octy. It's only a matter of time."

Hearing the two on the radio go on, Rainbow Dash bit her lip in anxiety. "Oh man, I can't believe I'm missing those two."

"Boy, I'd sure hate to be the pony that's missing this."

"Rrrrrr!" Rainbow growled, glaring at the little device. Too busy staring daggers, she didn't notice a pegasus above her head drop a cloud.

"Heads up!" the gray pegasus called out, watching the cloud head straight down for the rainbow maned mare below.

Still having a staring contest with the radio, Rainbow Dash didn't hear the mare calling out to her. "Ooof!"

Sandwiched between the fluffy floor under her and cloud above, Rainbow Dash pried herself free and wiped away bits of cloud still caught in her wings before looking up to notice a mare flying down towards her.

"You okay Rainbow Dash! I thought you heard me and would move away in time. My bad," said the blond haired pegasus with a concerned look.

"I'm fine Derpy. I just wasn't paying attention. Don't worry about it." Flying around the back of the fallen cloud Rainbow gazed out past the front gate and sighed. "Well, I'm off." Her wings began to flap and she made her way out. "Next stop Fillydelphia," she said in a slight halfhearted voice as she exited the gates and flew out of earshot of the radio. While she no longer could hear about the action going on back home, she wondered.

I hope those two make it to the final round. She shook her head at the thought. What am I talking about? It's those two. Of course they'll make it. Maybe if I can get this sent ahead of schedule I can sneak a visit. Her wings flapped fast, pushing her across the wild blue yonder while her mind stayed focused on Ponyville and two ponies she was rooting for.


The once clean stage located in the center of town now resembled a hardened battlefield. Dried frosting riddled the floor with ponies lying passed throughout the stage. Their conquerors loomed over them, bits of them held within their hooves and mouths. The crowd hopped and hollering madly while both commentators in the back cheered along with them as two ponies continued eating away.

"Well everypony, we're down to the wire now. With only two ponies left, who's gonna be our champ?! Will it be our undefeated champ, Ponyville's Pinkamina Diane Pie, otherwise known as Pinkie Pie?"

The crowd began to chant, waving their hooves wildly. "Pinkie, Pinkie, Pinkie!"

"Or will the mysterious newcomer, Harold Cooploski. A.K.A. Coop, make us a stunning upset?"

The crowd chanted again with the same amount of energy. "Coop, Coop, Coop, Coop!"

"By the way Octy, great call on picking Coop to—"

"Go Coop go! Yeah!" Octavia interrupted, absolutely absorbed with all the excitement.

"I knew you'd love this sort of thing," Vinyl smiled as she watched her usually uptight friend enjoying herself. "Alright everyone let's focus back on stage where—" she paused noticing both competitors suddenly stop eating. "What's this? It looks like both contestants have stopped all of a sudden. Have they both thrown in the towel?"

Seated upon messy passed out pony ridden stage, Pinkie and Coop took a moment from eating more of the delectable pastries strewn before them to have a little chat.

Licking away the frosting beard she'd developed throughout the course of the competition, Pinkie smiled at Coop. "Well Coop, looks like it's down to just you and me."

Liking off an equally large deliciously sweet beard, Coop smiled back at her. "You knew it would it'd end up like this, didn't you Pinkie."

"Of course silly," she chuckled. "Since getting to know you and become friends, I wasn't surprised it would turn out this way. Especially since I've seen that you can eat almost as much as me."

"Almost as much?" he answered, raising a brow. "We'll see about that." He then started patting his stomach. "After all I'm still hungry."

"You and me both brother," Pinkie replied with a rub of her belly. "Let's both do our best and may the best pony win."

With smile and a nod being all that was left to say, they resumed their consumption, tearing into the rapidly diminishing mounds of treats while the crowd watched on and cheered louder than ever. Their battle raged on, exceeding expectations to become one of the most exciting competitions in its history.


Days had passed since the battle of epic portions came to its conclusion and Ponyville had returned to it quaint status. Twilight Sparkle was home preparing herself breakfast in the kitchen while Spike, in living room next door, was seated on the floor listening in to radio placed atop a small wooden stand. With his tail wagging, he leaned to his right and look through the doorway into the kitchen. "Hey Twilight come on. It's about to start."

Twilight paid her assistant's enthusiasm no mind and continued to set the table with her magic. "Relax Spike, it's a radio. I can hear it just fine from here. Besides, it's not like I need to see it to enjoy it." Levitating a slice of toasted bread, she took a bite and took her seat. "Just turn it up a little please."

"Okay," he replied, turning the radio up as she requested. "Sorry for sounding pushy but I'm just so excited about today's show since Coop is actually going to be a guest!"

A second passed before Twilight could process the news and she jerked her head back, leaning to see her assistant through the doorway. "Wait a second; Coop is on the radio?"

"Well not yet, but soon." Spike answered, rocking back and forth with anticipation. "Why are you so surprised? Don't you remember Coop came and telling us about it?" Looking on at the unicorn, he could see she had trouble remembering. "A few days ago. When you were reading that book for the hundredth time."

"Uhhh…" Twilight pondered as a flashback played in her head.

She sat cozily in her favorite reading chair with Megas's operating manual in her hooves. It was quiet, the perfect condition to read in. At least it was until Coop came running in. Twilight, determined to enjoy her reading time, continued while he mentioned something to her and Spike. While the details of what he said escaped her memory, everything she read back then, even down to the page number she was on, she envisioned clearly in her head.

As Spike looked on, he saw an awkward looking smile grown on Twilight's face as she clearly had no clue what happened outside her book that day. "Let me guess. You were too into your reading and didn't pay attention to what Coop said?" Her quite grin all buy denied his accusation. "I knew it."

Hiding away that very book she had sitting in front of her plate on the table, Twilight looked back to her assistant. "So anyways Spike, why is Coop being interviewed? Is it about the time when he saved Ponyville last week?

"No," Spike answered with a roll of his eyes.

"Then is it for that race he, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were in?"

"No."

"Hmm… What about that time we first met and saved Canterlot together with the others?"

"No! It's got nothing to do with saving anything. Sheesh Twilight, didn't you hear anything Coop said that day."

Twilight only answered back with another weak smile. "So then tell me. Why is Coop getting interviewed?"

"Uhhhg… If you'd just pay attention this time and listen to the radio, you'll hear why." Leaning back into position with a huff, Spike focused back onto the radio with Twilight silently listening as the show he was waiting for began.

"Good morning Equestria! DJ Pon3 here, and with me as always is my co-host, my friend, and all around nag of a mare, Octavia!"

"Thank you Vinyl and good morning every—wait a second, I'm not a nag!"

"Just kidding Octy. Only making sure you're on your toes this morning."

"We don't have toes Vinyl."

"We don't? Then where'd that saying even come from? Oh well. Today we've got ourselves a special guest. Now if any of happened to visit Ponyville a few days back for their annual Cupcake Chow Down Show Down, then you probably have an idea of who this colt I'm talking about is. Speaking of them show down, this year's was hooves down one of the best and that was thanks to our guest who did the unthinkable. Competing against the reigning champ, Pinkie Pie, this pony managed to keep up and tie with her. The only reason those two tied was cause they managed to eat the entire stock of cupcakes available."

"A disturbing, yet at the same time impressive feat." Octavia added.

Listing to the radio, Spike suddenly heard the sound of a unicorn choking slightly in the kitchen. "That's what this is about? An eating competition?"

"Twilight please," Spike scowled. "I'm trying to listen here!"

After sipping some juice to clear her throat, Twilight poked her head through the doorway. "Sorry Spike. It's just that I find it surprising that Coop's getting interviewed for such a silly reason. I mean really, an eating competition. I thought they'd want to hear him talk to him about Megas." She walked in joining her assistant seated in front of the radio. "Well since they didn't want to talk about Megas, I suppose Coop didn't take it with him."

"Uh no, Coop still took Megas with him. He left early—"

Suddenly a frightful sensation overcame Spike. A sense of doom and horror permeated his scales, shooting up his spine and making him tremble with fear. Before he could even muster the courage to peek over his shoulder, he felt the cold hoof of death touch his shoulder and instantly spin him around.

"What!" Twilight shouted, her bloodshot violet eyes staring deep into her terror stricken aide's. She then vanished before him, teleporting to the window where she pressed her face against the glass and peered outside. "Why? We're not even that far away from the station." Her eyes darted left and right in search of the metallic colossus, but to no avail. "Why did Coop take Megas with him?!"

Still panting from his near death encounter, Spike took a deep breath and approached her. "Come on Twilight, don't you think your overreacting a bit? Coop's not going to cause any trouble. After all he's just gone to do a simple interview. You gotta relax."

Pulling her flattened face off the glass, Twilight dashed towards him and stood face to face against the young dragon. "Relax? Relax! How can you tell me to relax when you've seen the damage Coop can do. Not to mention that our friends and I have been tasked by Princess Celestia herself to watch over Coop until he can return back to his home."

"Yeah Twilight, I remember. I just think you may be blowing things out of proportion."

"Out of proportions? Don't you remember what happened that time when Coop tried to help Applejack harvest apples?

"Uhh…" Scratching his chin, Spike thought back, forming a cloud by his head that played back a memory from awhile back.

At the far end of one of the vast tree fields of Sweet Apple acres, Applejack stood next to a row of wagons line up along the field edge. "Alrighty Coop, the wagons are all lined up and ready to catch em all!" As she looked down through the orchard and then to the lined up wagons, a nagging though tugged at her. "Now are ya sure ya know what yer doing?!"

On the other side of the orchid, looking past his car hood out over the sea of trees, Coop yelled out to her. "Of course I do! All I gotta do is just give the ground one of these!" With a gentle tap on his video game control, Megas leaped high into the air and came down with a stomp that caused a ripple effect on the soil, sending a wave of land that spread through the field. "See, now all the apples'll get shaken loose and—" As wave reached the first set of trees, Coop realized that maybe his planned wasn't that well thought out. "Heh… Oh boy," he said, watching what unfolded.

Applejack galloped as fast as she could, making her way out of the earth wave's path and watched as her trees were whipped out of the soil and into the air where they dropped like fruit bearing arrows around the town.

"Oh yeah… I forgot about that part." Spike said, scratching his chin. "Well everypony did end up getting a bunch of free apples that day."

"And what about the time Pinkie and Coop decided to fly up to Cloudsdale at night to sneak a taste of fresh rainbow?"

"Right," he answered with a snap his claws. "Coop tried to land Megas on a clouds and ended falling through and scaring a bunch of ponies. That ended up starting that whole monster in Cloudsdale rumor."

"Exactly Spike. Now do you see now why I'm worried?"

"Okay Twilight, you made your point." Spike walked passed Twilight and stood at the window. "Still, Coop's our friend. Don't you think we should trust in him. Besides, he's always does everything he can to help us. And no pony's ever gotten hurt no matter what he's done. "

"I suppose you're right Spike. While Coop may seem to find trouble all the time without even trying, he's our friend and we should give him the benefit of the doubt."

"Glad to hear it Twi." Spike nodded. "Now let's sit down and enjoy the—" Static suddenly began to play through the radio speakers and Spiked made his way to investigate the problem. "Come on you lousy…" he said, tapping his palm against the device, unaware that the interruption was coming from something far above his and Twilight's head.


Floating in its usual position, far above Equestria's atmosphere, Warmaster Gorrath impatiently pounded the armrest of his warship's command seat.

"Commander! What's taking so long?" he bellowed, pounding his fist again. "You said this plan of yours would result in my quick victory over these creatures, yet here I am still waiting."

Down below next to the bridge's consoles, finishing giving order to the technicians, the commander fidgeted with a small electronic chart in his hands he held over his face before slowly turning his head up to the Warmaster. "Sir, we're just about finished our final test and are preparing to transmit the broadcast. Once ready, we will use the inhabitant's primitive relay systems to transmit our broadcast, brainwashing the planet into become our slaves." Looking on at Gorrath, the commander noticed his disdaining gaze. "I mean your slaves sir."

Nodding in approval, the Glorft leader rose from his seat and began walking away. "Excellent. Inform me the when everything's ready. In the meantime I'll be prepping my mech, In case it will be needed."

"You shall have your results sir. Once the broadcast is sent, the creatures will gladly hand over their planet, along with the earther and prototype." Seeing Gorrath exit, the commander turned his attention back to the crew. "Ready the signal and prepare to transmit."


Meanwhile, back down below, a certain dragon wasn't the only one having signal issues. Static continually belted out through the speaker inside the K-colt studio as Vinyl Scratch frantically trotted about; fiddling with the boards and wires of the record lined studio room until it finally it finally came to an end.

"There, that should do it." Content with her handywork, she returned to her seat, alongside Octavia, and spoke into her mic. "Sorry about that everypony, looks like we're experiencing some signal interference." She turned her head to the window on her left; leering out towards the E.D. Radio building she spotted a field away. "Thanks to our new neighbor that is."

"Now Vinyl, show some professional courtesy." Octavia chimed in. "We should welcome our fellow ponies in the radio business—" Octavia winced as static cut into her headphone. "Even if they are the cause of the trouble on our end. Just relax. After all, we have a guest with us."

Vinyl faced Octavia and Coop and sighed. "Sorry guys. It's just that that station's been bugging ever since they built one around here. Why'd they have to make one so close? You'd think with all those stations they have all over Equestria they'd have enough coverage already. I mean we've got only one station and we manage to broadcast across every corner of the kingdom."

Seated across from the disc jockey duo, Coop eyed the building in question from the window and then looked over to Megas parked just outside. "You know… If they're causing you guys so much trouble, then maybe I can help you do something about it," he said, tilting his head to point at the robot outside.

Vinyl rose from her seat with a shade piercing gleam in her eye. "I'm in!"

Coop reached into his vest pocket and dug around. "Just let me grab my keys and—"

Far from the station, a unicorn librarian's outcry echoed throughout Ponyville. "Noooooo!"

Inside the home of the earsplitting wail, Spike removed his claws from his ears and narrowed his eyes at the unicorn beside him. "Jeez Twilight! You don't have to yell like that? It's not like they can hear you anyway, though I think everyone in town probably did. But come one, you don't really think Coop's going to go through with it? He's probably joking."

With a twitchy eye and jerking hoof, Twilight reached over and clamped the radio in between her hooves. Spike looked on, concerning over her mental state, unknowing of the terrifying scenes that played out in her head. As a eerie smile started to form under her nose, Twilight overheard Octavia speak.

"Thank you Coop for that kind offer, but I don't think Vinyl and I will need to resort to such tactics. Right Vinyl?"

"Horseradish," Vinyl blurted out in opposition. "I'm wanna go smash me a building."

"Viiiinyyyyyyl!" Ocatvia said, staring down her partner.

Vinyl grumbled, but against the imposing gaze of the mare at her side slumped back in her seat with her forelegs crossed. "Fiiiiiiiine. And I was looking forward to it."

"For the sake of both our jobs, I'll take that as a joke."

With the demolition proposal trounced by her stick in the mud colleague, Vinyl went on with their interview. "So Coop, going back to the competition, I still can't believe you came out of nowhere to tie with Pinkie like that. I've seen her win every year since I first got into the competition and no one's even come close to her before. At least until you showed up."

"It's a shame they ran outta cupcakes before me and Pinkie could finished. We were still hungry."

After a brief moment of astonished silence, Octavia spoke. "Yes, I remember. It still shocks me when I think back to it. Moving off that note, I have to say, despite my initial hesitation, I really enjoyed my first experience there. The energy, the excitement, it was so much fun that I can't wait to go back next year. From now on, I'll be cheering with Vinyl for you and Pinkie's to win."

"Hey Octy, speaking of rooting for, since Pinkie and Coop tied, which of us won our little bet?"

"Really Vinyl, you'd bring that up?"

"Hey a bet's a bet Octy, even if we tied."

"I guess you're right. But since they tied, I guess neither of us w—"

Static interrupted again, cutting Octavia off. Frustrated, Vinyl slammed her hooves against the table. "Again! This is really getting on my nerves now. It's time I deal with this." She pointed to the colt across from her "Coop, get your keys."

"Vinyl please," said Octavia, pulling down Vinyl's hoof. "I don't want you saying, or worse, doing something rash that'll get us in trouble again. Let's just overlook these brief—" Another round of static rang out, causing her to twitch. "If not slightly annoying Interruptions and stay on track with the show, alright?"

"Aaaaaaaah!" Frustrated, Vinyl rustled her hooves through her already wild mane. "Fine!"


While the show continued at a slightly tenser pace, the commander's plan had completed its final test and was getting set to put things in motion as the Warmaster made his returned.

From his console at the front of the bridge he looked back to his commander. "Sir, we've established a link with their system and on you order will begin transmitting the broadcast."

A hologram projection displaying Equestria hovered over Gorrath and he waved his hand forward with a sinister snarl. "Begin the broadcast!"

"Yes sir." The commander nodded as he signaled to his men who hit a switch. A faint ray of light shot out from the ship's hull, heading towards the planet below. "Soon, this world's inhabitants will belong to the Glorft."

"Commander, show me a close up of the planet. I want to relish in these creatures' subjugation."

"Zooming in now sir."

The entire ship watched quietly as a lone circular building came into focus on the projection and purple maned unicorn stepped out from it. The mare took a few steps forward then knelt down with her front legs stretched forward. The army watched with bated breath as she opened her mouth.

The mare yawned, stretching her legs as far as she could. "Oh Rarity, staying up all night working on your latest fashion certainly has taken its toll on you. Just listen to yourself; you're so overworked you're yawning in public. A lady should never act in such an ungraceful manner. This calls for a trip to the spa for a morning wakeup special."

The ship remained silent, aside from a few awkward coughs, as Rarity hummed while she trotted her way off screen. The video panned over to another house nearby, spotting more ponies calmly walking about. The commander began building a steadily building cold sweat. Progressively become more terrified as a low audible growl coming from Gorrath rapidly grew in volume.

"Rrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! I thought you said they'd be bowing to me? Tell me commander, does that look like bowing to you?!" he shouted, pointing to the screen where three little mares could be seen frolicking peacefully.

"I-I-i-I don't know what went wrong sir." The commander trembled, punching away at his console and staring into its screen stared. "The readings show our broadcast is transmitting efficiently and aside from a lone isolated signal, ours should be the only other broadcast on the entire planet."

"Another signal?" Gorrath scowled. "Quickly patch it through."

"But sir, it's just a single station on the planet. I doubt their broadcast signal is strong enough to even reach us."

"I said patch them through. That's an order!"

"Yes sir," The commander sighed. He worked on his computer until music began playing through the ships speakers.

"Welcome back everypony. Glad to see you're all tuning in—"

"What is that?!" Gorrath bellowed, covering his ears.

Shocked at his findings, he reluctantly answered with a whimper. "It seems to be music from that lone station."

As the music continued playing clear as a bell, Gorrath looked down at the Glorft commander and snarled. "Not strong enough?!"

Cowering in his seat, the commander quickly typed away, and scanned the K-colt station's data. "It seems that the station's signal strength far exceeded what we expected. According to the readings…" His eyes widened and he stuttered to say what he discovered next. "It also appears that… the entire planet is… tuned in to their broadcast."

Gritting his teeth at the new information while he slammed his fist repeatedly on his armrest, Gorrath pushed himself up against his brutally assaulted chair and approached the commander.

"Commander, Do you mean to tell me that of the two broadcast station located on that primitive heap of a planet…" His voice elevated in intensive rage as he approached. "You've manage to pick the signal no one listens to!"

"Not the face!" the commander instinctually blurted out, raising his arms up in defense.

Seeing the pathetic state of his lackey, Gorrath lowered his fist and turned away. "Divert our signal onto that station's, now!"

As ordered, the commander went to work along with his fellow Glorft soldiers, redirecting the path the light headed down below.

Down in the K-colt station a strong blast of static screeched through the speakers around the room, causing Vinyl, Octavia, and Coop crouch down in pain as they all covered their ears.

"Aaaaaaaaaah!" they shouted, dropping to the ground as the ear piercing sound kept on ringing.

"What's happening?!" Vinyl called out, staring at the others on the ground with her.

Octavia, grinding her teeth as she too shielded her ears, lurched over to the control board. "This can't be normal signal interference! Something must be trying to tamper with the signal!"

"Well stop it already!" Vinyl shouted.

"I'm trying!" Octavia yelled back, quickly fiddling with the board switches until the noise finally cut off. "There. That should do it. Whatever was trying to tap into our broadcast, I made sure they can't try again."

Vinyl looked over to her colleague with an impressed look on her face. "Since when did you learn how to work the boards like that?"

"Well what did you expect Vinyl? I work here too after all. It's only natural that I'd learn how to handle radio equipment."

Back inside the Glorft cruiser, the commander hit his palms against his computer as his plan crumbled before his eyes. "No! The signal's been blocked. We can't transmit our broadcast from the ship."

"Then your plan has failed miserably Commander. All squadrons prepare to launch. We're doing things my way now."

"Wait sir!" the commander called out. "There's still a way we can broadcast the signal using their relay. If we can just attach a beacon onto their broadcast tower, we can force our broadcast into their transmission."

Hearing out the plan, Gorrath considered the option. "Hmmm, head down and do it by force. That's more my style. Very well, where exactly is this station?"

The commander went to work, clicking away on his console. "Calculating coordinates and putting it on screen now sir." The image came into focus and what appeared on the massive left the two of them in shock. "It's, it's the prototype."

"The prototype? my prototype, there?" Gazing at the screen, he realized what that meant and smiled. "Excellent. Now I'll get enslave those puny creatures and rid myself of that fat ape all at once. Prepare for launch, today we take back our destiny! Guehehahahahaha!"


Inside the studio, recovering from their momentary deafness with only a hint of ringing still left in their ears; Octavia, Coop and Vinyl Scratch had taken their seats and were putting their headphones back on to continue the show.

Vinyl, still rubbed her ear as she adjusted her seat. "Man, today sure has been one crazy show. I just hope that's the last of it."

"Me too." Octavia commented, adjusting her headphones. "I don't think I can take any more craziness." As though that phrase was a cue for it, the entire building began to shake. She sighed, "What now," joining Coop and Vinyl who were already at the window to see what was happening.

In the field outside the building numerous giant landed down with enough force to cause the ground to quake. Vinyl noticed that the giant's bore a resemblance to a certain blue giant parked outside and turned her head over to the portly colt standing next to her. "Hey Coop, are these guys friends of yours or something?"

"Nope," he replied, looking out the window with a sullen look on his face. "But I'm sure I know what their after." He then turned and made his way to the exit. "Give me a sec you two, just gonna bash me some squids."

"Wait up," Vinyl spoke up, trotting after him "I'm coming too."

"You're doing what?"

Vinyl stopped at the doorway and looked back at Octavia who stared at her with disbelief. "There's a group of giant monsters falling from the sky and Coop's about to fight them all with a giant of his own. You expected me to just stay in here? Besides, Coop's our guest and we're technically still doing our interview."

"Well what about me?"

"Do you wanna come too?"

"Of course not! Do you see those things? I'd be crazy to step out there."

"That's cool, cuz somepony's got to stay here and make sure we're still on the air, and who better then somepony who know how to run the boards." With that she ran out, leaving Vinyl to watch the fort. "Yo Coop, wait up."

Alone in the rumbling room, Octavia stumbled her way back to the desk and spoke into the mic. "Sorry about that mares and gentlecolts, we're experiencing some minor technical difficulties as it seems some uninvited guests have arrived. But don't worry, our guest Coop along with Vinyl have stepped out to resolve the issue and will return momentarily… I hope," she said, muttering that last part as records hung on the walls around her began to fall and shatter.

Still tuned in, Spike and Twilight listened in with mouths agape as constant crashing noises could be heard in the background of Octavia's announcement.

"This is bad; this is so, so bad. What are we gonna do Spike? What can we do?" Twilight could feel her nerves twitching as she paced around the room in contemplation. "We've got to get over there."

The little dragon watched as she walked left and right around the living room. "Uh Twilight. While I completely agree that the situation is bad, Just how are we supposed get there?"

"It's easy Spike. I'll just send us there with a teleportation spell." Though her calm and controlled tone gave him the impression that she was fine, the deranged look in her eye as she answered told Spike otherwise.

"But Twilight, you've never been to the K-colt station before. How do you even know where to send us?"

"I don't, but we don't have time to worry about small details. Now hold still Spike."

By the time he noticed the ominous smile emerge on Twilight, Spike found it too late to make a run for it. He tried backing away, but she followed after him with her horn becoming aglow. Further and further he step back, the familiar bone chilling sensation returning as he stared into those eyes again. Just as he was about to turn round and go into a full sprint, Spike felt the familiar texture of the bookshelf wall at his back. He was pinned.

"Wait Twilight," he pleaded, waving his arms up as if to halt her. "I'm sure Coop can handle it on his own. Just like how you told me he did when he first got here and those things showed up in Canterlot, remember?"

"I know Spike, I remember. But it's not those things that I'm worried about."

"It isn't?" he said perplexingly. "Then what—" He dropped his arms as the answer came to him. "Oh yeah, Coop."

"Exactly! Now don't move. This might hurt if you do."

"Eeyah!"

As Twilight's shining horn hovered inches away from a cringing Spike, Octavia's voice on the radio caught her attention. "Is this thing on? Ahem, attention everypony!" With Twilight distracted, Spike took the opportunity to escape as Octavia kept going.

"To recap for everyone, Vinyl and I were in the middle of our interview with Coop, who tied this year's Cupcake Chow Down Show Down with Pinkie Pie, when all of a sudden a large group of metal giant came crashing out of the sky. I've just managed to get in touch with Vinyl, who's gone out with our guest in order to help deal with these creatures. Vinyl, come in Vinyl Scratch can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear Octavia, a little too loud actually. Hey Coop, how do you turn down the volume on this thing? Is this it?"

Suddenly the sound of several explosions was all Twilight heard, an unpleasantly familiar noise soon followed after by a colt's voice that she wished didn't accompany it.

"Nice shooting Vinyl." The next phrase she heard didn't give her much to quell her worried over her friend.

"That was… awesome!" Vinyl voice shouted. "As you ponies can hear, Coop and I are just outside the station and we're kicking some serious giant tail."

With Megas ready to go, Coop began pummeling, pounding and blasting mech after mech that came rushing at it. Vinyl Scratch was having the time of her life riding shot gun, helping out by hitting any button she could reach. While his men were getting trounced on the other side of the ongoing battlefield, Gorrath along with the commander's mechs stood right in front of the E.D. Radio building and watched the carnage.

"Sir at this rate the prototype will prevent us from reaching the tower."

Gorrath looked on as Megas landed a punch to one of his men. "Knowing exactly where we'd strike. That earther may not be as stupid as he looks."

"Not to worry sir. If I can manage to bypass him and attach the beacon, we can still transmit the signal."

"Very well. All units. Press forward against the prototype, but avoid damaging that structure behind it at all costs."

With the massive group of bots headed their way, Coop wrapped his hooves around the steering wheel and stomped on the gas. "Hey Vinyl, you may want to buckle up. Thing are about to get a little rocky."

Hearing the click of her seatbelt, Coop drove Megas forward, slamming into the first group of mechs. Grabbing hold of one he hoisted it up and power bombed it in to the soil, leaving only its legs stick topside. Using the set of imbedded legs, he leaped up and scissor kicked the heads off of two others. Another poor mech was simply grabbed by its arms and slammed onto the ground, shattering to pieces on impact.

While the brutal show of physical carnage continued, Vinyl sat back in her seat with her hooves held up high. "Yeeaaaah!" she yelled out, her body jerking left and right as though on a rollercoaster while Coop dodged, punched, body slammed and blasted his way through the army.

With another pair downed, Coop took a look at his rear view and spotted something. "What the?"

Making their way past the blue wrecking ball, five Glorft mechs made their move on the K-colt station where inside, Octavia was still struggling to make sense of the insanity going on. Spotting the monstrous brutes headed her way through the window, she ducked under her desk with mic in hoof. "Vinyl, Coop, I thought you two said you'd handle these things. They're right outside!"

Their thunderous footsteps got closer, each stomp causing the room to shake that much more. As she felt that the stomps were now right on the other side of the wall, she felt one final impact, this one being far louder but had a metallic crushing sound to it. The crunch was followed by another, then another, and another. Curious as to why she wasn't buried in a pile of rubble yet, she poked her head out from under the table you looked to the window to spot Megas standing outside.

"What the heck do you creeps think you're doing to my station?!" Vinyl shouted, staring down at the crushed hunks of metal below.

Relieved to see her friends, Octavia opened the window and stuck her head out to greet them. "What do you mean 'your station'?"

"Sorry Octy." Vinyl waved at the mare in the window. "I meant our station. Be right back we've still got one more to deal with."

The tower was only a few steps away. With the beacon clutched tightly in his mech's grip, the Glorft commander pushed his machine onward and reached out for his target. A metallic he had first assumed was the sound of him reaching his target clarified its self as the sound of an overwhelming uppercut against him. Feeling the exhilarating sensation of weightlessness, it donned upon him that Coop had cut him off and sent him soaring across the battlefield. This realization was further amplified by the crash landing he made, just a few feet away from his Warmaster.

"Did you guys see that?" Octavia asked through Coop's radio.

"Heck yeah we did. Did you see how far that thing flew." Coop replied.

"No not that, Did you guys see what it had in its hand? When it got close to touching the tower, it looked like it was trying to attach what it held onto it."

"Attach something to the tower? Wait a second. You don't think these guys might be the reason why we've been getting so much signal interferences?

"Yes Vinyl. Seeing how someone tried tampering with our signal earlier and how these guys are trying to do something with our tower, I think they are exactly the reason why."

Vinyl sat there, Octavia's words sinking in as she looked out intensely to the still oncoming army. Her hooves shook furiously. "That's the most sickest thing I've ever seen in my life. This desecration stops now!" Looking down at the vast array of buttons in between her and Coop, she slammed her hoof upon the 'You show em Vinyl' button.

Megas's arms rose up in response fired both its fists, detaching from its arms and shooting out like rockets. The twin knuckle missiles made their way through the hoard of oncoming foes, running through every mech in their path, leaving a trail of bots collapsing with a Megas fist sized hole in them. The pair finally reached the center of the field when their rockets gave out, leaving them to drop with a thud against the soil. With the fists no longer a nuisance, the army continued its course, completely unaware that the fists they were walking over began to emit a high pitched hum as it building up for something. The humming reached critical levels and went off, covering the field under a massive dome of flames that not only engulfed a good portion of the field along with a vast number of Glorft, but turned the sky dark as it outshined the sun momentarily.

A safe enough distance away from the blast she'd created, Vinyl looked on at her work, stilled riled up and ready to fight. "There's no way I'm letting some giant green metal suit wearing creeps try and take over my show and get away with it."

"Our show?" Octavia mentioned through the radio.

"You know what I mean Octy." Looking down at the station's rooftop, Vinyl kept her eyes at the base of the tower. "Coop, could you put me down on the roof."

"The roof?" he questioned. "You sure about that?" As he asked the smoke in front of them cleared to reveal the remaining forces still approaching.

"Heck yeah. These guys are trying to take over my—."

"Our!"

"Alright already, 'our' show. The point is these guys are trying to mess with it, so now I'm gonna teach em why not to." Stepping out of the car and onto Megas's shoulders, Vinyl hoped aboard its hand.

"How?" Coop asked, staring down at her as she elevated down and hopped onto the roof.

"You just leave that to me. Keep em busy for a bit while I get things ready."

"No sweat," said Coop, with a wave his hoof. "Fighting these chumps is ea—"

The calamitous crash of more Glorft mechs ramming against Megas cut Coop off as they toppled him over. Vinyl turned back to see additional soldiers join the fight and dog pile her friend, each addition to the mounting pile shaking the building as she watched. "Hang in there Coop I'm on the way." Running as fast and as carefully her hooves could carry her over the quaking rooftop, Vinyl made her way to the back of the giant guitar ornament resting on the side of the tower and made use of a little radio stored behind it. "Octy, can you hear me?"

"Vinyl? What are you doing on the emergency line? I thought you were with Coop."

"I am, but I'm on the roof right now to give him some back up."

"'Back up'? Vinyl, in case you haven't noticed. They're an army of monstrous metal giants and you're just one little unicorn. How are you going to help Coop fight from the roof?"

One ear listening in to Octavia, Vinyl made walked over to the central pillar of the tower and pushed on a conveniently placed little red button. "Like this!"

The building rumbled far worse than before. Speakers, records, and whatever wasn't fastened down dropped all around Octavia. "Vinyl? What did you do?" With object dropping all over the place, Octavia stumbled her way to the stairs and up to the roof. Hearing the constant pounding from all the fighting on the other side of the door, she hesitated slightly as another noise she heard had her wondering what she'd find on the other side. "What in Equestria is that?!"

The first thing that caught her eye, aside from a mountain of green and grey a little ways from the building, was something she spotted headed it way up the radio tower. Casting a shadow over her, the hauntingly familiar sight of a turn table, with its set of speakers, climbed it way upward. With a hoof on her face, Octavia let out a long sigh, waiting to hear the voice belonging to the mare responsible for what exactly she was looking at.

"Isn't it great?" Vinyl energetically announced, poking her head out from the edge of her table to looking down below. "It's a DJ booth."

"I figured as much," Octavia groaned, sliding her hoof down across her face.

While her platform still rose, Vinyl took the time her to give Octavia a little tour. "This baby comes complete with a twin megaphonic ear shatter speaker audio system, high powered intensity strobe lights, hydraulics to lifts me up to the top of the tower, and last but not least dual sonic cannon defense systems built into the speakers."

With Vinyl's booth now at the top of the tower, Octavia strained her neck to keep her eye on her. "Why would you even need something so ridiculous?"

"Why not? I'm a DJ after all. You might be right though, setting it up so I can play at the top of the tower might be a bit much."

"I wasn't talking about that part, although that one also raises some questions. What I was talking about is why does that thing have sonic cannons?!"

"Well I gotta have those to defend us from attacks."

Octavia could feel a twitch under her eye, staring up at the mare above her. "Attacks? Attacks from what? Asides from today we've never been under attack, so what could you use that for?"

"Oh you know, traveling salesponies, dragons." She coughed, trying to slyly sneak in the last part. "Our competition."

The little twitch under her eye worsened. "I'll ignore that last part. So, putting aside why you got something so crazy like that to begin with, how did you manage to afford it? I get paid just as much as you do for the show, so I know you couldn't possibly afford something so elaborate like that, so how?"

With Octavia's glare digging into her. Vinyl pulled her head back slightly from the edge of her table. "Yeah, about that." Hesitant to say, she pulled her head in a little more. "Do you remember a while back when we were supposed to get a promotion?" Vinyl moved even further out of Octavia's sight.

"Yes."

"The one that got mysteriously canceled for no apparent reason," Vinyl went on, her horn now the only thing visible from below.

Octavia brows raised and her twitch acted up stronger than before as she started to understand where the conversation was headed but waited to see if perhaps she was wrong. "Yeeeessss."

"Well… I sort of… umm… Traded them in exchange for this," she finally blurted out as she hid under her table.

A massive crash shook up the tower, almost knocking Vinyl off her booth. Though the danger of a invading alien army slowly making its way towards them while Coop was buried underneath a mountain of robots playing of in the background, she was far more terrified of what loomed down below. A frighteningly red eyed savage creature that looked unmistakably like Octavia, snarled and roared as it slammed against the tower.

"Viiiiiiinyl!" The monster once known as Octavia hollered while she continued kicking away. "You traded my promotion!" Her kicks pounded louder than the Glorft still leaping atop Coop. "When I get my hooves on you for spending my pay on something so, so… Aaaaaaaaah!"

Now second stage to Octavia's rampage, the pile up of alien mechs began to rumble as the sound of an engine revved underneath it. It rose up, some of the mechs toppling over as it rose. Holding the mountain over its hands with its engine roaring almost as loud as Octavia was, Megas lobbed the pile across the field.

"Is that all you squids got?" Coop mocked, looking over the now wreckage riddled field and cracking Megas's knuckles in the process.

The opposing army let loose with their guns, sending an onslaught of lasers slamming against Megas, each shot knocking it back as it pelted its chassis. Coop did all he could on the controller and steering wheel, but couldn't avoid the wall of beams headed for him. Smoke began rising from the dents as he took the enemy's fire.

Still gripping the wheel tightly, Coop turned left and right, noticing it was starting to feel unresponsive. He lifted Megas's arms up to block the continuing rain of lasers when a set of blue colored beams flew past him from behind. The lights streaked their way across the field and found their marks against the attacking forces.

"What the?!" Gorrath yelled, spotting one of the shots headed his way. He maneuvered his bot to dive, managing to evade as the beam struck one of his soldiers. "Who's firing?!" He on his cockpits display to see more of his troops drop to the ground, large gaps in their armor spurted out jolts of electricity as his men jettisoned in their escape pods before disabled robots burst into flames and exploded.

Coop, just as surprised as the rest of them, turned Megas around and spotted a unicorn waving at him from the top of the K-colt station's tower. Then he heard her voice on the radio. "So Coop, what do you think about my bass cannon, Not too shabby right?"

Before he could reply, a powerful blow from behind toppled Megas over, rattling Coop as it dropped. Coop groaned as he pushed himself up from the steering wheel and quickly flipped Megas onto its back. Standing over him, dozens of Glorft stood over him with their weapons drawn. Coop grabbed hold of the gear shift and changed to first as he stomped on the gas, but the engine stall out as warning signals on the dashboard began to go off. Desperately turning the key to start Megas up again, the sound of a struggling engine was all he could hear as his foes' armaments prepared to fire. With the sound of their weapons powering up to fire, Coop closed his eyes and turned the key one more time.

Just then the sound of a record scratching echoed through the field, distracting the group standing over him and caused them all to look to the direction of the K-colt tower. Then music began to play.

"Octavia. Of all the songs we've got, you go play that one?"

"Hey for your information Vinyl, all our records are scattered all over the floor and we're in a rush. So I picked the best one I could find."

"Well what about any of my records?"

"Like I said Vinyl, the best one I could find. Besides, I'm still mad at you."

"Fine, I'll make do with what I've got." With her set of speakers now rattling, Vinyl aimed her station towards the huddled group of machines surrounding her friend. "Alright you show stopping creeps, have a taste of this!"

A twin set of lights flew by Coop, taking out the Glorft soldiers around him, Relieved, he turned the key once more, greeted by the sounds of his engine starting up along with Vinyl's voice on his radio. "Alright Coop, you beat em up while I watch your back."

Standing Megas back up, Coop stuck his head out the window and waved back at her. "You got it." Putting his attention back on the Glorft, he stomped his hoof on the gas and sent Megas charging standing. Dozens of lights zoomed past as he swerved through the field. Tearing through the dirt as Vinyl's well placed shots ripped through the hordes as Megas slammed into their ranks and hurled them skyward.

Taking aim, Vinyl carefully shot the airborne mechs out of the sky. "Hey Octy, did you see that one? This thing's already paying off for itself."

Ducking under a desk from the ever falling debris around the studio room, Octavia clutched onto her mic. "Don't think that'll get you out of trouble. I still want my raise back after this!"

The music began to fade, leaving the sounds of metal clanging and crunching to echo through the field as Coop wailed upon one Glorft bot after another. Vinyl looked over the carnage from her roost, hooves on her turn table ready to open fire again. "Octy, put on one of my songs this time. Something that matches the mood."

Octavia sighed as she rummaged through the records scattered throughout the floor. "Fits the mood, right…" She looked out the window and caught a view of Megas tear apart another bot. "There's an army of giant metallic monsters fighting outside. What kind of music could possible fit this sort of mood!" Her hoof stopped at one disc and picked it up. "Hmm, how about this one."

From her post, Vinyl Scratch felt the floor shack at her hooves as the music started to play. "Oh yeah! That one's perfect!" Taking aim and going to work on her turn tables, the little DJ booth recommenced its rain of hellfire upon the poor victims caught in Vinyl's sights.


Standing behind his men, who he saw getting decimated, Gorrath leered at the cowering robot belonging to the commander at his side. "Your plan has failed us miserably commander."

"Sir wait. If we can just slip through their defenses, we—" Gorrath shoved him, toppling the commander's bot onto the ground.

"Enough! I no longer care for the enslavement of this planet. The prototype is all that matters. All squadrons, break away from the target and provide cover fire. I'll deal with that monkey myself."

Just finishing ripping another Glorft bot by its sockets, Coop looked around and noticed the enemy flying back towards the E.D. station. "Aww what the matter, too scared to keep fighting?" As he watched them all retreat behind the station on the other side, he spotted Gorrath's mech standing next to it grabbing hold of the guitar fixture on top of the building.

"Scared, of you? Hah!" Yanking the giant instrument off the structure, Gorrath handled it by the neck and wielded it like an ax. "I just wish to have as much possible room to defeat you in."

Coop raised as he watched the Warmaster swing the hefty ax around. "Is that so?" He turned around and headed towards where he reached for something on the roof. "Hey girls, mind of I borrow these."

From her roost Vinyl watched as Coop maneuvered Megas's hands towards the large cello and vinyl record ornaments that graced the station's rooftops. "Do you promise you'll put them back when you're all done Coop?"

Curious as to the exchange going on outside, Octavia poked her head out the window to witness the two decorations being carried away by the hands of the metal behemoth. "Now wait a second."

"I promise," Coop said looking at Vinyl with one hoof held up.

Seeing the station sincerely promising as well as his opponent waiting further behind, Vinyl happily nodded her head. "Okay then."

"Hey don't I get a say in this?" Octavia mentioned as she watched Megas walk away, carrying the two objects in its hands like a sword and shield.

Both warriors now faced each other and wasted no time charging towards one another with their weapons raised. Megas raised its left hand, blocking Gorrath's attack, the guitar bouncing off the record as Coop found an opening and struck. A swift thrust of his cello grazed his foes shoulder, screeching as the tailspike carved its way through. Spotting an opening, Vinyl took aim and fired but Gorrath skillfully dodged, leaving the blast of sound to go slamming into his men behind him.

"You imbeciles! Don't just let the enemy fire at you! Open fire and strike back!"

Opening fire in retaliation, the Glorft forces struck Megas hard and send it sliding back from the force of the collective blasts. With his makeshift shield raised and taking most of the hits, Coop maintained Megas's footing although he kept moving back. He then came to a stop when he felt something hit him from behind.

"Coop, are you sure you can still handle this?" Octavia asked, staring at him from her window.

He answered with a stern look on his face. "Does it look like I'm down and out yet?"

"I hate to say it, but from here… yeah, it kind of does."

"Just watch, I'm still warming up."

Pushing Megas off the wall, Coop drove to attack, but the hail of gun fire had him pinned. He blocked every possible shot he could, hardly able to prepare as Gorrath ran in and pummeled him with a powerful swing.

"Hang on Coop!" Vinyl cried out, seeing her friend take the brutal blow to the side. "I'll put a stop to them!" Working her magic on the turntable, she returned fire on the foe across the battlefield, dropping green mechs left and right. With many of their own dropping like flies, the army changed it focus off the battling bot and took aim at the top of the tower.

Spotting his fellow soldiers change targets, the commander moved his mech to stand in their way. "No! Do not target the tower! It's still useful to us, so stay focused on the prototype and avoid the enemy's ' firepower!"

With Vinyl Scratch preoccupying the Glorft as music played across the whole of the battleground, Coop could finally go all out on his nemesis. Shielding the repetitive swings of Gorrath's guitar, Coop grabbed hold of his controller and, inputting a command, shield charged into Gorrath who rolled back from the surprise blow.

"So you still have some fight in you. But do you really think that sort of trick will work on me?"

Standing tall, facing the green alien machine, Megas held its cello in front of it, focusing its tailspike straight at Gorrath. "I dunno squid; it kinda looked like it did to me."

The two ran in and clashed weapons once more, their instruments echoing their respective sounds as they collided over and over. They ran parallel to one another, exchanging swipes amongst themselves as a lightshow of deadly lasers were exchanged between Vinyl and the Glorft army. "Octy, put on the next song!"

Inside the station, Octavia quickly prepared the next record. "Vinyl, considering our situation, do you really think playing music will really help out?"

Up above, adjusting her set up, Vinyl Scratch took aim as she awaited the next song to start. "Considering this baby uses music to fire, yeah, I think it will."

With the music starting up the streams of sound resumed flying over the battlefield, flying past and barely missing the two dueling giants in the center who continued their stalemate as they exchanged clashes of their weapons.

Gorrath pushed his palms forward on his controls, pushing his mech to its limits as it swung down its guitar onto Coop who rolled out of harm's way. Lifting his weapon out of the newly formed crater, he kept his eye on the nimble blue bot. "Avoid me whilst you can Earther, but my victory will not be denied this day."

Megas answered back with a swipe of its cello, slamming hard against Gorrath's guitar, a chord of each wind instrument belted out with each clash. "Sorry squid, ain't no way I'm losing this or any other day ya hear!"

They battle raged on with neither side showing signs of stopping. Clashing and slamming they weapons against one another with each strike, they maneuvered their way throughout the field as lasers blitzed in between them. With each shot that found its mark, both duelist's mechs began to falter.

"Hah!" Gorrath sneered, noticing Megas's attacks feel weaker as they brushed wind instruments against one another. "Face it Earther, this is the end for you and this miserable planet."

"Oh yeah?" Coop cried out, realizing the damage Megas had taken so far was starting to have effect. "Well…" Coop struggled to think of a witty come back as Megas struggled to push the cello against the guitar. "Face this!"

Megas launched its fist forward, but was stopped as Gorrath caught Megas by the arm. "Predictable." With his machine firmly holding onto Megas, Gorrath tightened his grip as he quickly countered with a slam of his weapon. "Did you think that after all our battles together I wouldn't learn your technique? Pathetic!" Another swing of his guitar crunched against Megas. "I'm going to enjoy finally ripping you out of there and destroying you once and for all."

In the battered and dented cockpit, Coop did his best to free himself from Gorrath's grip as he continued his pummeling. The warning signals around him were slowly shutting off one after another with each blow Megas took. His bot hung limp. Its arms the only things left responding. But with its right arm caught in a vice grip, all Coop had in control was Megas's left arm. To his surprise, the radio also seemed to be working as he heard a voice come through over the sounds of metal crunching a cracking.

"Coop, you gotta move!" Vinyl yelled out as she turned up the volume on her console and prepared to fire. "Hit it Octy!"

Uncertain what the mare had in store, Coop raised Megas's free limb up and fired another rocket fist. Taken off guard by the surprise attack, Gorrath released Megas which landed flat on the ground. Annoyed by the surprise attack, Gorrath stood over the blue bot and raised his weapon up for a final blow. "This is the end Earther, nothing will save you no—What's happening?" Gorrath said as he suddenly felt the entire field began to shake at his feet.

Music blared out from the K-colt station, accompanied by a massive blast of light from Vinyl's twin bass cannons. It quickly made its way through the field, headed straight for Gorrath.

Spotting the massive blast barreling towards, all Gorrath could do was look on with wide eyes as it closed in. "No, no, no, no, no, no, raaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Still flat on his back, Coop watched as the beam flew over him, carrying Gorrath with it as it traveled across the field and plastered him against the E.D. Radio tower on the other side. Pinned on the wall with energy from the blast coursing through it, the Glorft mech twitched and flailed wildly as the blast's energy surged its way through the building, destroying every object related to the station. The energy then made its way up to the tip of the radio tower, blowing it up in a ripple of electricity that shot outward.

The passing wave made its way through each remaining ranks of the Glorft army, wrecking havoc upon their controls and disabling them. Fortunately for Coop, who was still inside his fallen robot, it was too low to be affected by the passing wave. Watching as the wave of blue lighting passed, he noticed it turned each cloud is moved through grey with lightning.

Vinyl Scratch braced herself as she watch the approaching wave but to her surprise it left their station unscathed. After seeing that she had been untouched, she looked back to see the electrical waves continue its path. From the skies above, the ripple could be seen making its way throughout the Equestria, reaching the numerous E.D. stations. From Tall Tale to Manehatten, the wave bizarrely targeted only those things related to E.D. Radio.

Back at ground zero where thousands of Glorft war machines lay on the ground, their heads began detaching as they rocketed their way up towards the sky. Inside the charred and battered remains of Gorrath's machine, the image of the commander barely appeared on his shattered screen.

"Sir," he muttered, terrified to give his report. "All our units have been disabled. Our men are making a full retreat."

Gorrath gnashed his teeth. His victory now dashed before him, he threw his fist at the screen. "Graaaaaaaah!" With his cockpit silent, he too detached from his mech and made his retreat. "So close! I was so close!" he hollered as his escape pod soared pasted the some of the lightning spewing clouds in the sky.


A few days had passed after the mysterious phenomenon now known as the thunder wave flew over the skies and were as calm as ever. Inside Twilight Sparkle's home, a tune accompanied by a pair of familiar voices graced the living room from the radio.

"Hey everypony! It's your favorite D.J. hosts—"

"You mean only D.J. hosts," Octavia interrupted condescendingly. "Considering there aren't any other radio stations ever since that mysterious light show a few days back. You wouldn't happen to have any idea how that happened Vinyl?"

"Aww Octy, are you still bent outta shape about that? Everything turned out alright in the end. After all, you and I totally saved Equestria. It can't be helped that somehow all the E.D. Radio stations were destroyed as a result."

"Yeah, and I'm sure it was all just a coincidence."

"The important thing is nopony go hurt"

"Well I'm sure you're all choked up about their losses. Aren't you Vinyl?"

"Nah, not really. Those buildings pop up so fast you'll hardly notice they were gone."

"You may be right about that but I'm still mad about that whole raise thing. I was planning on using the extra income for my vacation."

"Come on Octy. It practically paid for itself in one day. We helped out Coop, fought off invading aliens and got rid of our only competition all in one show. Not bad if you ask me. Plus with the E.D. station temporarily off the air, I bet more ponies are listening to us."

"I suppose your right about that. Maybe I can still get my raise after all."

"That's the spirit Octy. Oh, speaking of, I wanna give a shout out to our new buddy Coop, who's always welcome to stop by. How bout next time you let me and Octy take a drive in that crazy machine of yours."

Overhearing the broadcast from her reading chambers, Twilight turned away from her book and looked down the doorway into the living room. "No!"

Quietly sitting in front of the little radio, Spike turned his head towards the source of his friend's protest. "Sheesh Twilight for a pony who runs a library you sure do make a lot of noise. Now can I please watch in peace."

"Don't you mean listen in peace," Twilight ask, stepping into the room and joining him.

He looked on at her with narrowed eyes before turning his head back. "You know what I meant."

"Hey Spike, have you seen Coop? I thought he'd be listening in along with you."

"Oh, he's hanging out with Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Said something about having a little race."

"Rainbow Dash? Wasn't she still busy in Cloudsdale working on that cloud short… Oh wait." Twilight stepped over to the window where she looked out upon the town covered under dark thunderous clouds and let out a sigh. "I almost forgot."

While she stared off into the darkened skies, a sudden rumbling occurred. One accompanied by the familiar sounds of Megas's rockets. Still gazing outside, she watched as Coop aboard Megas along with Pinkie soar overhead with Rainbow Dash flying at his side. Together tearing through the clouds and letting in the sun as they zoomed by.

Comments ( 39 )

... you sure have won the internet today

You...Updated... It's beautiful. And with music.

Ah, I found a little Gem. Let's read and hope for great things.

Another update at last. I loved it. You really are doing a job of keeping all the character's in character. If didn't know better i would think this was a real episode.

With Vinyl and Octavia running the radio station, I can't help but think of the Vinyl Scratch tapes :rainbowlaugh:

Also, this chapter was so hilarious with how it still holds the show's charm along with Twilight and Octavia flipping their lids :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Allright, the total Equestria-Wide destruction of all E.D. Radio stations in the world in one go compensate all of those missing E.D. Radio objects missing in previous chapters, this please me and you did a really well done good job, K-COLT RULES!!!:pinkiehappy: (who want to bet that E.D. Radio belongs to Prince Blueblood in his pathetic attepmt to bring down Viny and Octavia because of previous opinions and critisim against him)

And Once Again, Equestria is safe from really bad taste and boring music THANKS TO VYNIL SCRATCH, OCTAVIA AND COOP!

The first momment I saw this story had updated I said: SCREW EVERYTHING, READING THIS RIGHT NOW!:flutterrage:

Now I do wonder how the Royal Canterlot Weeding will turn out with Coop and M.E.G.A.S. back in there, I suppose he would end up Using THE JAMMER to to compensate the scenario and DJ Booth destroyed for Vynil, that and also add competitions of DDR

>heading to bed
>final update check
>This fic.
i.qkme.me/3p1hgv.jpg

these chapters feel just like the show did...love it :pinkiehappy:

I really love how you are able to capture the very essence and humor of Megas XLR into this fic. It's just..... :fluttercry: beautiful...

I think, my everything, it exploded.

Comment posted by PonyzillaMark5 deleted Jan 1st, 2013

1975480

Because that would lead to an entirely new story line.

Considering that a trip with the Doctor never gone according to plan, well most of the time anyways, I think all of space and time will be safer if Coop and Megas don't travel with the Doctor. It's in danger enough with the Doctor alone.

Anyways there's too many other issues that arise from it. Like how to make the Megas travel with them, although I sorta skimmed over that in one part of the chapter. Also how'll they find Coop's dimension and correct time. It seems like it would be a hassle to try and explain.

Another reason, one which should have been first but it slipped my mind, is that it would have ended the story. There's still plenty for Coop along with Twilight, Spike, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity to do. Not to mention all the other potential background and secondary characters to get involved as well.

Though now that I think about it, it would be interesting to see a Megas XLR and Doctor Who crossover. Possibly as a one shot. Ah well. I guess this chapter may be the closest that that will ever happen.

You sir...or ma'am, have utterly blown my mind. When MEGAS ended on Cartoon network so long ago, myself and others cried foul as it was the best thing to happen to Jersey since the invention of the Slushie. Needless to say, I resemble Coop in real life, save my hair is darker and my fashion sense far less...Greece Monkey. That said, this fic has left me in stitches, and reading lines that I hear Coop's voice echo in my head perfectly, has been a joy I cannot describe!

I welcome this fic, and any others like it to this place, and to my computer. I honestly hope this fic continues, and soon. The Doctor is an awesome character, and seeing him, as Doctor Whooves with Coop was a wild ride indeed. I hope to see that one shot one day, but for now, thanks again, and for the use of Bass-Cannon to such excellent effect!:rainbowlaugh::heart::pinkiehappy:

My Little MEGAS XLR updated?
14,000 WORDS?
PLENTY OF FLANK-KICKING?!?!
VINYL MAKING IT RAIN WITH THE BASS CANNON?!?!?!?!
AM I DEAD?!?!?!?!

TAKE MY DAMN MONEY, MY WIFE, MY LIFE AND MY JHORBLOCKS!
I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO UPDATE, BUT KEEP 'EM COMING!!
:flutterrage:

Well, thank you for warning me about ponification in the description. I almost read this!
(No offense, I just really hate ponification.)

2560043

You're welcome.
I understand how you feel.
I just felt that this story turned out better if Coop was turned into a Pony.
Of course there is a reasonable reason why he was. Well reasonable enough for a Megas XLR story.
After all, I didn't ponify the Glorft for a reason. Also cause ponifying them would be too absurd.

This looks promising... but I can't go a full paragraph without seeing at least one error, and it's killing it for me. I'll leave my like, but I'm not sure I can read it without seeing a bit of improvement first.

.... Not trying to be rude, of course... :twilightsheepish:

2563651

Oh course not. I actually want people to let me know what's wrong.

Granted I feel as though I've just been stabbed with a rusty blade that rapidly spinning about inside me.
Hmm, a tad too literal perhaps? Well if you look at it that way, it would explain the bad reactions other writers have to criticism.

Ahem. Not to lose focus here. My point is thanks for letting me know and I'll get to work on fixing it up.

2563818 No prob. If you want a list of things, then it might just be easier for me to get onto Google Drive and edit for you, y'know what I mean? :twilightsheepish: And I'd offer up my editing services, but I'm currently bogged down by College and three other friends who all want me to write their stories for them.

2563870

No worries. I actually rarely do ask for an editor. Especially with this one, seeing how long recent chapters have turned out. My way of trying to improve on my own--he said despite his last chapter being riddled with flaws--.

Apparently I need to rethink my method of story writing.
Meh I'll keep going at it my way. Eventually I'll make fewer and fewer mistakes...
God I hope I do.

2563903 Actually, I've only read the first chapter, so I can't comment on how bad your latest chapter is. That's why I was letting you know. It's hard to get into something riddled with mistakes, but something you've been reading is easy to forgive.

CDR

Alkem ... Dear dear Alkem ... There are rules for writing stories like this and you've broken too many of them to count.

BUT WHO GIVES TWO SHITS AND A GIGGLE ABOUT RULES?! THIS STORY WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Ah, I have read this whole thing on Fanfiction.net. Good to find it here.

It is... awesome.

Seriously, it's just like watching the show. So over the top yet it works. Megas has always been a giant plot device because of its origins and the fact that Coop's controls allow the writers of the show and you, in this fic, to basically give him any weapon that works at the moment. I like the fact that you used the button jokes, considering they changed every moment they appeared on the episode "The same button Coop pressed 5 minutes ago"

Seriously, Megas allows for any sort of plot, considering how it is done. I can't wait for next chapter. You should put this fic into more groups to achieve higher popularity, you deserve it.

Every time I get to the battle scene, I hear the music from the cartoon in my head. Same with aftermath.

Ah man, just read the latest chapter (FINALLY, been meaning to but kept getting delayed) and it was AMAZING! I was sitting at the edge of my seat during over half of it (especially when the music parts came in) and I'm a little scared that I can't stop grinning but WHO CARES! Oh gosh this chapter was just so amazingly awesome, thank you so much for writing this, you don't know how much my day was made by your epic work.

Have a great day! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

BIG NEWS! The creator of Megas is trying to bring the show back! New Episodes and everything!
Don't believe me? Check it

This is the best day in my entire life. Even better than the day I was born.

2563903 I could offer up my services as a proofreader as well as a tutor of sorts! :pinkiesmile: (I'm already proofreading for another author.)

Man, this fic is, this fic is...

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXx1zjcIsIvjXcoDxNmLP-aR1SWARbxHJH1SoZPQmUj5MK5Z4l

Words can't describe the awesomeness, you have earned a place in the halls of epicness.

91992 Heck yeah! Another fox In equestria!

Needs more chapters and destruction.

*Insert slow clap .gif*
Even with the typos, I loved this.

This is the single best thing I have ever read, where were you all my life!? :pinkiehappy:

ANOTHER AWESOME CHAPTER and its cool to get to know Vinyl and Octavia i dint know they were so cool being back ground ponies and all

please please please update soon

I'm trying to guess what's next but so far I don't know what can top the best pony duo

Is this fic dead? :applejackunsure:

When is this going to update?

When the next one

Login or register to comment