• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 2,954 Views, 62 Comments

So Buckin' Shy - FlutterJack



Big Mac has finally worked up the courage to ask Fluttershy to dinner, will she go with him?

  • ...
13
 62
 2,954

Surprise

Upon arriving at the hospital, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Big Macintosh found themselves in a flurry of rushing ponies.
Careful, not to run into any pony, the three made their way to Fluttershy's room.

Mac was praying that the commotion was not because of Fluttershy. He ran ahead of Applejack and Pinkie, fear seizing his mind. Angel bobbed in the basket that hung from his lips.

"Mac!" Pinkie called after him, but he didn't respond.

The red pony burst into Fluttershy' room and sighed with relief as he saw Fluttershy laying in her bed. Applejack and Pinkie Pie crashed into Big Macintosh, who didn't even flinch.

"She's alright." He spoke quietly and calmly.

"Big Mac, what the hay do you think...you're...do...in?" Applejack began to scold but was distracted as Macintosh started walking towards Fluttershy. The apple pony set Angel's basket before Fluttershy and Angel peeked out. Upon seeing his keeper's familiar face, the bunny climbed out of the blankets and wriggled himself under the pegasus's hoof. Mac smiled and stared at Fluttershy's face.

Applejack broke from her distracted trance and joined Mac bedside. Pinkie was in tow.
Still no pony spoke.

"Hush now, quiet now." Mac sang quietly.

Applejack looked over her brother. Then it hit her.

Her big brother is in love. In love with one of her best friends-Fluttershy!

Pinkie stood quietly on the opposite side of the bed.


A small sound came from the Pegasus and Angel looked up. Her blue eyes opened and settled sleepily on the pony closest to her, Big Macintosh.

"Fluttershy," Mac whispered with a smile.

"Fluttershy, you're back!" Pinkie Pie gasped. "I've got to go tell the others!" The pink pony zoomed from the room.

The yellow Pegasus blinked the sleep from her eyes and looked down. "Angel." She hugged the fluffy bunny close and the pet nuzzled its face into her pelt.

Applejack was still standing quietly next to her brother. "Hello there, Sugar cube." Aj took off her hat.

Fluttershy peeked up from her pet's fur and looked at the two ponies to the left of her. "Applejack...Big Mac?"

"We're here, Fluttershy." Aj replied.

That's when Pinkie returned with everypony else. "See, see, I told you she was awake." Pinkie spoke rapidly as the rest of the ponies filed in.

"Fluttershy, how are you feeling?" Rarity asked.
"Fine, I. I guess." Fluttershy replied shyly.

"That was quite some tumble." Rainbow dash spoke up.

"We're just glad you're okay." Said Twilight. Spike waved from beside her.

"Th-thank you." Fluttershy replied.

Rarity, feeling the tension in the air, herded every pony out. "Come along now, she just woke. Let her be." The mane six filed out and the white unicorn shut the door.

"Do we really have to go home?" Spike asked.

"Heavens no," replied Rarity. "Just listen."

-Inside Fluttershy's Room

Big Mac looked at Fluttershy, saying nothing. The two ponies were both unsure of what to say, so they stayed in silence until Fluttershy spoke up.

"Do you really feel that way?"

Big Mac's ears stood up. " Huh?"

Fluttershy blushed. "What you wrote...about....me?" Pink hair fell over her eyes.

The red pony, too, blushed even though the mare couldn't tell.
"I...um..." Mac was quiet for a minute. "Eeyup." He said barely audible.

"I-I didn't hear you." The mare whispered.

Mac tried to speak again, but felt his throat tight. The mare before him began to look uncomfortable and tears came to her blue eyes.

"I knew..." A single tear rolled down Fluttershy's cheek and she turned away from him. This tore Big Macintosh's heart in two.With a burst of courage, he turned Fluttershy's head with one hoof and kissed her passionately.

Fluttershy blushed deeper in the kiss and Macintosh pulled away. Both ponies stayed there, inches apart, searching each other's eyes.

"Big......Mac...I...." Fluttershy started but was quieted with another kiss from the stallion.
They stopped kissing and Mac regained his composure. "Come on, let's get you out of here." He nuzzled Fluttershy's chin and Angel nuzzled his.

-Outside-

Outside the room, the mane six and Spike stood in shock. Rarity was the first to recover, a click bringing her out from surprise. Big Mac wheeled a blanketed Fluttershy from the room, pushing the chair lightly with his head. Angel curled up in Fluttershy's lap.

"Ready to leave, Fluttershy?" Rarity asked her friend.

"Yes." The Pegasus replied.