• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 2,954 Views, 62 Comments

So Buckin' Shy - FlutterJack



Big Mac has finally worked up the courage to ask Fluttershy to dinner, will she go with him?

  • ...
13
 62
 2,954

I Love You

The next day, both stallion and mare woke to a late start. It was almost 11:00 in the PM before they woke.

Fluttershy woke first and then shook Big Macintosh, trying to wake him up.

"Big Mac." Her quiet voice entered his ears and Mac stretched before starting out of bed. "Don't you need to work today?"
Mac shook his head. "Nope." The stallion rubbed his neck, it hurt more than usual this morning.

"I'll be downstairs, Fluttershy." He told his marefriend, shaking away the neck pain.

"Okay." The pegasus was brushing her mane, her long hair required much maintenance.


Later that afternoon, the two lovers walked to the park in Ponyville.

They walked with their flanks brushing and cutie marks touching. Big Mac carried a basket in his teeth, within the basket rest a few apples, a couple jars of apple cider and one of Pinkie Pie's Perfected Pumpkin Patch Pastries to share.

"Big Mac, isn't today just beautiful?" Fluttershy asked.
"Eeyup." Big Macintosh nodded and kept his stride.

While Fluttershy admired the birds flying overhead, Big Mac lead her to a secluded spot. Trees surrounded the area and gaps were filled with little blackberry bushes. Mac unfolded a pink and green blanket that he'd packed and began to set out their lunch. He lay on a corner of the blanket and called for Fluttershy, whose attention had turned to a little bunny who was bouncing along.

"Oh." The shy mare blushed lightly and approached her stallion.

"Fluttershy, sit closer to me." Big Macintosh said in a quiet voice, it was on the verge of pleading.
The mare shuffled closer to the stallion, but still stayed an awkward distance from him.

"Closer Fluttershy, I know that you're shy, but if we're going to be mare and stallion...I want to be closer, not just when we are walking, but during moments like these."

The mare stood.

"Fluttershy, please don't leave again! I'm sorry if I offended you." Big Mac lay his head on his hooves.

The yellow pegasus looked down at Big Macintosh's face and watched as a single tear fell down his cheek. Suddenly she felt really bad inside, guilty. She knew that Big Macintosh just wanted to hold her and cuddle. Last night he had tried, but the mare moved away and unfolded her wings so he had to keep his distance. Fluttershy knew that he'd never touch her unless she said yes but she also knew that she'd never be ready for that level of intimacy. Her personality wouldn't allow that sort of touch.

"Big Mac, I have to go." Fluttershy said nervously. "Thank you for everything, but it just won't work out."

The stallion stood quickly and approached Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy, darlin', I love you."

"And I, you." She turned around to meet Big Mac's face. "but it won't work!" Tears streamed her face.

"Fluttershy, please, listen to me...I love you." Fluttershy went to open her mouth again, but Big Mac put a hoof up and closed it. "When I say I love somepony, I really do." Big Macintosh kissed Fluttershy passionately but the mare pulled away, her head shaking. "No, Big Mac! I'm too incompetent to accept love, I can't deal with this...these feelings." Her voice faded to sobs and hiccups.

Big Mac moved his head away from hers. "I'm sorry." The stallion sat on the ground, his head hung low.

"I love you, Big Mac." Fluttershy flapped her wings and flew slowly away, tears staining her yellow face.
Big Mac looked up to watch her fly away.

"I love you too." He said and then he let himself cry for his lost love.