• Published 30th Sep 2012
  • 13,354 Views, 1,317 Comments

Zer0 H0ur - Vorizmordu



A merciless assassin finds himself inadvertently teleported to the land of Equestria. Should be fun.

  • ...
28
 1,317
 13,354

Unexpected Visit0r

Despite Zero's absence, the three Vault Hunters on Pandora continued their fight against Handsome Jack. They finally tracked him down to the site of the Vault, only to have him unleash the Warrior upon them. After a long and monumental battle that involved several thousand bullets and plenty of near death experiences for the hunters, they brought down the Warrior to the disbelief of Jack. As he ranted on about how the Vault Hunters were the savages and he was supposed to be the hero to defeat them, Axton simply put a bullet between Jack's head with his sidearm. After it was revealed to the Vault Hunters, along with Lilith, Mordecai, and Brick, that the Vault Key would be able to lead them to even more vaults, the group was ecstatic. Everyone except Mordecai, that is. As much as he was one for a challenge, he wasn't the same ever since Jack had taken Bloodwing from him. Mordecai swore vengeance against Jack, and now that he's gotten it, he wasn't sure what to do next. He still planned to go with his friends to hunt for the other vaults, but only because it would give him something to do. Until the time to go vault hunting came, he had to find a way to spend his free time besides drinking. He found his solution in the new group of Vault Hunters. He would go with them as they continued clearing out bandit outposts and any Hyperion Facilities that still remained on Pandora. Things went pretty well for the most part. That is, until the day he got into an arguement with the siren Maya over loot distribution.

"What could you possibly need a sniper rifle for?", questioned Mordecai. He couldn't see why the siren, who primarily used elemental powers, would need a Jakobs rifle.

"I feel like I need something to help me with those longer range encounters.", she replied.

"But I specialize in long range combat! I should get first dibs on any sniper rifles.", he retorted.

They continued for quite a bit, each giving more reasons for why they should get the gun. It was rather trivial considering they would probably find a better one five minutes later. As their arguement went on, they decided to have a duel over who would keep it. It was a standard fight for the most part as they traded shots, both skilled in gunplay. It wasn't until Maya attempted to phaselock Mordecai did things get out of hand. Normally, the phaselock would have caused incredible amounts of pain to Mordecai. However, since Maya had been following Lilith's practice of using Eridium to enhance her natural siren abilities, instead of a basic phaselock, she created what appeared to be a miniature black hole. Despite Mordecai's resistance, the black hole began to pull him inside of it.

"You bitch.", was all he managed as he was fully enveloped by darkness.


Approximately eight hours later in Ponyville, Zero began to stir. He quickly went through his morning routine and stepped outside in his dark attire. He had some time before Rainbow Dash was going to come to him about their training, so he decided he would roam town in hopes of finding something to do. His aimless wandering was interrupted as he heard a scream coming from the center of town. After mumbling something about never getting a break, he sprinted off towards the disturbance. As Zero approached the town's plaza he was surprised to see that, in the middle of a crowd of confused ponies, was a stallion standing on his hind hooves with a frighteningly long hunting knife in his right fore hoof. Furthermore, this stallion had what appeared to be a long barreled rifle strapped to his back. Zero wasn't even aware that there were guns in Equestria at all. This didn't stop him from speaking up.

"Put your weapon down.", commanded Zero.

The stranger shot him a dangerous look, "I don't know where the hell I am and I'm sure as hell not going to let my guard down.", the stallion stated. Zero took the time to examine the stallion. He was crimson red in fur color and had a strange mane that involved very pointy looking black hair as well as a pair of wings that marked him as a pegasus. His eyes were brown and had a cutie mark of some sort of bird of prey, most likely a hawk. What stood out the most was the fact that the stallion seemed to have facial hair on his chin in the form of an unkempt goatee. He repeated himself.

"Drop. your. weapon."

"Make me.", challenged the stranger. Zero lunged, his blade already constructed, at the newcomer in hopes of disarming him. He was surprised to see his blow was blocked by the stallion's own blade. This stallion was no stranger to combat. Zero quickly recovered and began to unleash a flurry of precision strikes. The sight was awe inspiring as blade met blade again and again, sparks showering off at each connection. The two stallions took turns striking at each other, only to be blocked and countered. Eventually, Zero decided to hold one of their collisions, blades locked against each other as the two warriors held their positions.

"You are impressive/ Not many can withstand me/ I will savor this", Zero stated. His opponent assumed a look of disbelief after hearing Zero speak in haiku. He jumped back to provide space between him and Zero in case his assumption was wrong. He spoke up.

"Wait a second... There's only one person I know who speaks like that. My God, is that you Zero?", the newcomer asked.

Zero lowered his blade slightly at the mention of his name. "How do you know of me?", he counter questioned.

The stallion only chuckled,"This is crazy. It's me, Mordecai.", he informed.

It was Zero's turn for disbelief. "Mordecai? How did you get here?". He was stunned. Mordecai was the only person he ever remotely related to. They both qualified as assassins and both enjoyed the beauty of a clean kill. He was the closest person to a friend back on Pandora. Zero couldn't believe he didn't recognize Mordecai's signature blade. It was unique to Mordecai, much like how Zero's blade was unique to him. He fully lowered his blade, having no intentions of continuing the fight.

"I..don't have a clue", replied Mordecai with a shrug, "I got into a fight with Maya and somehow she warped me here. I have alot of questions though, beginning with why the hell am I a horse with wings?"

Zero chuckled slighty. He should have figured a siren would have been behind Mordecai's sudden appearance. He motioned for Mordecai to follow.

"Come. I will answer as best I can on the way.", he quickly turned to the gathered crowd, "There is nothing to worry about. This was simply all an act. Return to your daily routines." He led Mordecai away to his home, leaving behind the crowd, many of them still mesmerized by the blade fight they had just seen.


Zero gave Mordecai a very lengthy explanation of everything he had learned since arriving in Equestria. Mordecai only shook his head as Zero continued to talk. Eventually, they arrived at Zero's home as Zero was finishing up. He looked at Mordecai to see his reaction.

Mordecai laughed slightly, "Man, this is insane. So I'm now in a world that consists of talking ponies and I'm one as well? What the hell?", he sighed lightly before continuing, "So you've been here all this time? When you didn't show up with the rest after that attempt to steal the Vault Key, I had assumed you were dead along with Roland.", he finished, gritting his teeth upon bringing up his friend's death.

Zero frowned at that last statement before answering, "Yes." Zero opened the door to his abode and invited Mordecai in. They both took seats at a table before Zero decided to begin asking questions.

"How did you adapt so well to the new body?", he asked. Mordecai had seemed completely comfortable with his new form during their fight.

"I really don't know. At first I was stumbling around like a moron, but then one of those ponies approached me and began to talk. I guess I sort of freaked out and let instinct take over.", Mordecai answered.

Zero nodded at his response, for it was similiar to how he had learned. You tend to learn things quicker when you believe your life depends upon it. He decided not to question why Mordecai would think a talking pony would attempt to harm him. He instead asked Mordecai how the situation on Pandora fared.

"We finally got that bastard Jack.", Mordecai informed him. Zero noticed the solemn tone in his friend's voice.

"Are you not happy that you have gotten your revenge?", Zero asked. He had remebered the time Handsome Jack had birdnapped Bloodwing from Mordecai. He remebered because he had to fight the bird after it had suffered through experimentation at the hands of Hyperion. It was one of the fews times he did not wish to fight because of the amount of suffering it caused Mordecai.

Mordecai gave Zero a saddened look, "It felt good for a little bit. But eventually it faded and I was left with nothing. Bloodwing is still dead, nothing is going to change that. Even after we found out there were even more vaults out there to explore, I still didn't care."

Zero nodded again. He couldn't sympathize with Mordecai, for he had never experienced a loss like his. Bloodwing was his best friend. Even during the periods of time he had been going out with Moxxi he still held the bird in higher regard. Before the two could continue their conversation, someone knocked on the door. Zero got up and answered, not surprised to see Rainbow Dash before him.

"Hey Z! You ready?", was all she asked. Zero nodded at her before turning to Mordecai.

"Would you care to accompany us?", he asked.

"In what?", replied Mordecai.

Rainbow Dash answered him, "Z here is gonna teach me some of his awesome fighting moves!"

Mordecai raised an eyebrow, "Some training eh? Sure. It's not like I have anything else to do."

Zero quickly introduced Mordecai to Rainbow Dash as they made their way to the field. Mordecai couldn't help but laugh at Dash's name. He thought some of the names bandits took to calling themselves were dumb, but "Rainbow Dash" was just plain stupid in his opinion. Dash didn't take kindly to this as she mumbled something in reply about Mordecai being a dumb name too. As Dash prepared herself for her lesson, an idea came to Zero.

"Spar with me", he said in the direction of Mordecai, whom shot him a quizzical look.

"Huh?"

"Fight me. I wish to show Dash combat between two veterans. Unless you've grown weak in my absence.", Zero said with a smirk.

"You're on.", replied the hunter. The two pandoreans removed everything they were carrying before facing each other.

Then they began.

A flurry of hooves was all Dash could see as the two stallions fought. Zero fought with a deliberate and precise style, making sure each blow was aimed at a place of weakness on his foe's body. On the other hoof, Mordecai's style was very abstract and freeform, allowing him to easily adapt to the style of Zero. Occasionally, one would land a blow on the other, but the fight was never one sided. After 15 minutes of intense combat, the two stallions realized that neither was going to prevail over the other. They stepped back from each other, panting.

"You impress further/ I am proud to call you my/ Equal in combat.", acknowledged Zero. He now had a rival he could attempt to overcome. It brought a drive in him to further sharpen his skills.

"That was so awesome!", squealed Dash as she squeezed her cheeks. Zero nodded towards Mordecai before turning to begin his lesson with his student. Mordecai sat there and watched for a bit before turning to face his rifle that was laying on the ground. He hadn't had a chance to attempt to fire it since waking up. A fear sat deep inside him, for he wasn't sure he would be able to fire it in his new form. Pushing his worries aside, he picked it up and began to examine it. It was a rifle manufactured by Maliwan, its bullets capable of coating targets in the vulnerability inducing slag. Though he prefered Jakobs himself, he couldn't argue with the effectiveness of the gun. He raised it up and took aim, relieved that he was able to barely fit a portion of a hoof over the trigger. It wasn't the most comfortable firing position, but he would adapt. He took aim at a nearby tree and pulled. A hole the size of a pumpkin opened up on the tree as the bullet ripped through it. Mordecai had turned the slag generator of the rifle off, but the damage was still incredible with a normal bullet. Mordecai turned around to see both Zero and Dash staring at him.

"What the hay was that!?", Dash shouted.

Zero was about to explain that it was a weapon from where he came from, but realized no one yet knew that Mordecai was from Pandora as well. As far he knew, Luna was still watching Celestia to make sure she wasn't doing any more mind probing, so Celestia wouldn't know of his presence. He quickly made something up, "It is an invention of Mordecai's. It can hit a target from a distance, removing the need to get close." Zero shot Mordecai a glance that said he would explain later.

"That's pretty sweet! I can't wait to kick flank like you guys do!", she exclaimed. The lesson continued as normal with Mordecai watching. Zero was able to finally teach Dash some defensive technics since she had the stance on two legs mastered. Another hour later, Dash decided to call it a day. She quickly thanked Zero and took off, leaving the two stallions to themselves.

"So why did you lie to her about the gun?", Mordecai immediately asked.

Zero sighed and went into another explanation. He explained that, though they knew he was from Pandora, they did not know that Mordecai was. When asked why it would be problematic if they knew where he came from, he continued on to explain his challenge with Celestia and how irritating she could be. Zero did not want to put Mordecai through that.

Mordecai nodded, understanding Zero's intentions, "I see. Thanks for watching my back then, I guess. So what should we do now?"

Zero looked up and saw there was still time left in the day. "We shall return to my home. There are still things I believe I haven't told you yet. Did I mention anything about magic?"

Mordecai shook his head, "Don't think so. What do you mean by magic? Like that siren bullcrap?"

Zero only smiled, "No. It's much, much more." With that the two stallions made their way back to Zero's home. Zero was quite content. He would finally have someone to discuss his combat exploits with and not worry about getting strange looks.

"It is convenient/ That you have come to this world/ I have much to share", stated Zero.

Mordecai understandably gave him a strange look.