• Published 29th Sep 2012
  • 3,206 Views, 110 Comments

What was meant to be - StormHoof32



Applejack and Rainbow Dash have been Friends for a long time, and eventually they grow closer.

  • ...
21
 110
 3,206

The Best Day Of All

Applejack was Bucking through her apple orchard, making sure that ever apple bucked, would fall into it's appropriate basket. She worked as hard as she could, and when she took a break, she felt Rainbow kiss her neck.

"Rainbow!" she laughed as she turned around, kissing her love back.

"I have something for you AJ." she said obviously hiding something behind her back.

Applejack had over a million thoughts run through her head, but only one seemed appropriate as Rainbow got down on her hooves pulled out a small box. Applejack started to panic as she saw this.

"Applejack, I love you, and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you. Applejack, will you marry me?" she asked with a ferocious blush on her cheeks.

Applejack stuttered as she spoke her reply, "Y-Yesss!" she said, as tears of happiness fell from her eyes. She rushed forward and hugged Rainbow tightly as she kissed her. "Yes, yes Ah will!"

Rainbow couldn't be happier. She had popped the question and Applejack had said yes.

"Hey, Applejack," she said as she held her closer, "Do you remember when we kissed right here in the orchard, when i first realized I loved you?"

"How could Ah forget." she whispered.

"We've been through a lot huh." Rainbow laughed. Applejack silenced her laughing with another kiss.

"But we made it through together, and that's all that matters." she replied.

***********************************

The next week was spent planning their wedding. Applejack went to Rarity to have her dress made, seeing as rainbow wanted to wear a tux. She loved the tomboyish nature of her fiance. Rainbow decided to have Pinkie plan the buffet and the after party. And they both had Spike send a letter to the Princess, asking her to marry them, as well as having their other friends as their brides maids.


Rainbow was standing there watching Pinkie work. It was amazing how fast the Towns Party Pony worked, and it made her kind of jealous.

"Pinkie, How is it that you can move that fast when you're planning a party, but when I race you, I always win?" she asked.

"Oh, Dashie, I just kinda get into the spirit of it all." Pinkie replied as she giggled.

Rainbow just laughed. She left to go see how Applejack was doing at the boutique. When she got there, she was suddenly pushed out by a blue aura.

"Hey! What gives!" she said i frustration as she pushed against the aura.

"Rainbow, you can't come in here darling, you know it's bad luck to see the bride in her dress before the wedding." Rarity said with a bit of sarcasm.

"Well tell her to get out of that dress so I can see her." she said with a hint of longing.

There was a pause and Rarity came to the door, with a smiling Applejack at her side. Rainbow trotted inside and saw the tux on one of Rarity's mannequins. She smirked.

"So do I get to try on my tux?" she asked.

"Oh, well i guess you could, it is finished after all." Rarity replied.

Rainbow took the tux and put it on, adjusting it so that it fit comfortably. Rarity fussed over it trying to make it look perfect. As soon as she was ready, Applejack walked in and took a look at her lover.

"Well look at you Rainbow, Ya look better than Bloomberg when we planted him in Apploosa." Applejack chuckled.

"You know I look 20% cooler than that tree." Rainbow stated proudly striking a pose.

Rarity removed the tux and placed it back on the mannequin.

"Well at least now we know that it fits, and Dash, you do look quite dashing in that tux." Rarity said.

After they finished getting the tux and dress put away, Applejack and Rainbow left to go check on the decorations. When they got there they found Pinkie standing in front of Sugarcube corner, where the after party was to be held. They walked in and double checked that everything was in order. But of course they knew it would be, do to the fact that Pinkie was an expert at planning parties. After they left and saw that everything was ready, they headed back to the farm and went to bed, falling asleep in each others hooves.

**************************************

When morning came, They got up and left the farm after a nice breakfast, and headed to the Ponyville park, where the wedding was being held. Applejack stopped by the boutique and kissed Rainbow goodbye until they met at the altar. Rainbow got into her tux and head to the park. When she got there, she noticed that everypony in Ponyville had shown up.
She walked up to the altar and stood where she was supposed to. The Princess smiled at her as she waited. When rainbow looked out over the guests, and saw that all the ponies she knew where there, including the wonderbolts, And seeing them made Rainbow smile even more.

Applejack finally made it to the park, and placed her hoof around her brothers as he brought her down the aisl. Everypony gasped as they saw the dress Applejack was wearing. Even Rainbow couldn't help but marvel at the beautiful dress. It was made of white silk, sewn into intricate patterns, with white roses sewn into it. the dresses trail was made in the same way as well as the shroud.

Rainbow looked upon her bride with untold happiness in her heart. Finally Applejack made it to the altar.

Then the Princess raised her head high before speaking.

"Welcome guests to this wedding. We are gathered here today to join these two mares in marriage." she said proudly.

"If there is anypony who does not wish these two to be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace." the Princess waited for anypony to speak up, and continued when none of them did.

"Applejack, do you take Rainbow Dash to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to hold, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?" she asked.

"Ah do."

"And Rainbow Dash, do you take Applejack to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to hold, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?" she asked again.

"I do."

"By the power vested in me, as ruler of Equestria, I now pronounce you, Mare and wife. You may kiss your bride." she finished, smiling brightly.

Rainbow leaned over and kissed Applejack more passionately than ever before. And as soon as they kissed, the crowd broke into cheers and tears, Even Lyra and Bon-Bon had shown up.

After they finished kissing, everypony headed to Sugarcube corner for the after party. They all had drinks, food and fun. Applejack and Rainbow tried to feed each other bites of cake, but Rainbow couldn't help herself, and dug into the cake. Applejack just laughed as her wife gorged herself on cake and other treats.

After the party was over, Rainbow carried Applejack to their room, and lied her down on the bed as they began making love once more. This time it felt like it meant more. After they finished, Rainbow lied down next to her wife, and whispered, "I love you."

Before they both fell asleep, Rainbow got a reply.

"I love you too, sweetheart."


The End!

A/N: Well this has been fun, and our characters have been through alot. But it all ended well. I'll be writing a new fic soon, but I need a bit of time to get a good storyline. If anypony has any good ideas, message me and let me know, I'll see what I can do. I hope you all enjoyed it! -Stormhoof out! Brohoof!