• Published 29th Sep 2012
  • 3,195 Views, 110 Comments

What was meant to be - StormHoof32



Applejack and Rainbow Dash have been Friends for a long time, and eventually they grow closer.

  • ...
21
 110
 3,195

Another Day

Chapter 2: Another day

Rainbow awoke the next morning feeling more rested than ever, on account of the hard work she did the day before. She got up and looked at herself in the mirror, her mane was shaggier than usual, her eyes still half lidded, and her fur had little tufts sticking out here and there. All in all, she looked like crap.

She grabbed her brush and brushed out her mane, and her fur making it look as sleek as it always does during the day. she then washed her face, making sure to get rid of unwanted bags under her eyes. as soon as she was ready, she looked at herself in the mirror again, struck a pose and said, "Lookin good!"

OK time to finish helping Applejack with her apple-bucking, she thought to herself as she flew through the sky. When she looked down, she could see all of Ponyville, the library where twilight lived, Sugarcube Corner, the spa, rarity's boutique, Ponyville town hall, Fluttershy's cottage and finally Sweet Apple Acres. As soon as it came into sight she dived down, landing in a bale of hay that was sitting off to the side.

"Owwww!" she yelped as her head hit the ground.

Applejack ran over and flipped the hay bale over revealing Rainbow's head.

"Now what in tarnation are ya doin in my hay?" she asked laughing.

"Sorry Applejack, I was flying a little too fast and couldn't stop myself in time." She replied.

Applejack pulled on Rainbows head but she couldn't get her out, then she had an idea.
She walked around to where Rainbow's backside was.

"Rainbow this might hurt." she said as she bucked with all her might.

"Wait what are yo-" Rainbow started to say as she was bucked out of the hay bale and was sent flying across over an acre of trees. All she felt when she landed was a soreness in her backside, and a little disoriented from impact.

Apple jack came running over to her and helped her up, but as she grabbed Rainbow, her hoof rubbed against one of her wings, causing the Cyan Pegasus to blush. When Applejack realized what she did, she blushed too and let go of Rainbow. She then turned so she wouldn't see how red her face had gotten.

"Uhhh, hey Applejack, um im gonna go get started k." Rainbow said, feeling a little awkward.

"Uh, sure sugarcube, you go right ahead." she said, hoping Rainbow didn't see how she felt.

Rainbow went through and bucked tree after tree, as apple after apple fell into each basket. She couldn't stop thinking about Applejack touching her wings, it felt good. but she didn't understand this feeling. It felt right, but she knew it was wrong. How in the world could she keep hidden the fact that she had a crush on Applejack. The answer was simple, she couldn't, no matter how hard she tried, the feeling would just keep coming back.

She walked over to Applejack, who was bucking trees faster than ever, and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey Applejack," she asked, "I-uh, I think i need help with my Bucking technique." she asked. she couldn't do it, she couldn't tell her. She felt so stupid. Applejack agreed and joined her at an un-bucked tree. She placed her hooves on her flanks, to position her just right, which made Rainbow blush even harder. She felt herself getting hot.

Applejack moved her about a couple more times trying to get her into prime bucking position. She felt kinda happy and kinda sad. she was happy to be able to help her friend, but sad that she couldn't even show her feelings. Finally she got Rainbow into a good position and told her to buck as hard as she could. She hit the tree hard enough to cause the whole tree to shake. Applejack was impressed with her strength, and with the fact that for her first perfect apple buck she got nearly all the apples.

"Nice job Rainbow!" she said happily.

"Uhh thanks." Rainbow replied. she felt so nervous now. especially being that close to her friend. Then out of nowhere, she leaned over to Applejack and kissed her on the cheek. Oh man! did i just do what I think I just did? she thought.

"Rainbow!" Applejack said in surprise.

As soon as those words left her mouth, Rainbow Dash flew off as fast as her wings could possibly go. Why, why did she kiss her. how could she be so stupid! she thought to herself as she flew off to the quiet seclusion of her cloud home.

Applejack stared at where her friend had been standing, a wide grin on her face. This day was the happiest by far. Rainbow had shown her that she had feelings for her. She felt like jumping up and down like a giddy little filly. Then she thought about how rainbow had reacted. She looked like she had just come face to face with fear itself, causing Applejack to feel terrible again. Her friend must be feeling so nervous and afraid. she had to help her.

Applejack galloped as fast as she could to an area just outside of Ponyville, where Rainbows home was located. She looked up and saw her home, and yelled her name as loud as she could, but she got no response.

"Oh Rainbow, ah'm so sorry." she muttered to herself.

Applejack was about to head back home, when she had an idea. Maybe she could get twilight to use that spell of hers, the one that allows ponies to walk on clouds, and then she could teleport her to rainbows home. It seemed like it could work, but she wasn't sure. So she took off for the Ponyville library. She passed shop after shop and home after home, hoping she might run into to twilight. but she didn't. Finally she reached The library, winded, and tired. She slammed her right hoof on the door and waited. Soon enough the door opened, and there stood the purple Unicorn.

"Hey there Twi," she said between breaths, "I need your help."

"Um, Sure Applejack, what do you need?" Twilight replied.

"Can you use your magic to allow me to walk on clouds again?" She asked.

"Sure I can, but why do you need it?" Questioned the Unicorn.

"I need to talk to Rainbow Dash and its urgent. Please, Twi, can ya help me?" Applejack asked.

Twilight thought about it and said, "Sure." As she channeled the magic to her horn and cast the spell.

"Is there anything else I can help with?" she asked.

"Um, yeah, there is. I need you to teleport me to Rainbow's place." Applejack replied.

Again, channeling her magic, there was a bright flash, and her friend was gone. Hmm, what a strange visit, twilight thought.

Within a matter of seconds, Applejack went from standing in the Library to standing in front of Rainbow's cloud home. She called Rainbows name a few more times and waited. No answer. Finally she decided to force her way in, which when she thought about it, wouldn't be very hard considering the fact that her home was made of clouds.

She pushed her way through the cloud door, and into her home, and noticed it contained only a bathroom and a bedroom, and there on the bed, covered with a cloud blanket, was the rainbow maned Pegasus. Applejack was about to say something, when she heard Rainbow mutter something. She trotted over to try and hear what she was saying but when she reached the bed, rainbow had stopped.

"Uh, Rainbow, Ah wanna talk to ya about what happened back at the farm." She said, waiting for her friend to come out from the covers.

"Ah want you to know, Ah'm not mad Rainbow. Ah'm really not." she added.

Applejack was starting to get fed up with her silence. She reached over and pushed away the cloud covers revealing Rainbow Dash, curled up asleep. Applejack just smiled at her friend. Applejack leaned over and kissed the Pegasus on the forehead and sat on the fluffy floor. She decided to wait until she woke up to tell her that she wasn't mad. "Ah Love You Rainbow." She whispered before falling silent.