• Published 29th Sep 2012
  • 3,205 Views, 110 Comments

What was meant to be - StormHoof32



Applejack and Rainbow Dash have been Friends for a long time, and eventually they grow closer.

  • ...
21
 110
 3,205

Epilogue: A Brighter Future

Applejack got up to the sound of crying. She trotted down the hall to the other room. She trotted over to a crib, sitting in the middle of the room, where a crying filly was lying. She picked her up and looked at her, smiling. She had her own coat, but she had Rainbows mane, and every time she saw her, she smile. She was beautiful. She trotted down the stairs and filled a bottle with warm milk and proceeded to feed her daughter.

"She hungry again?" Rainbow asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah she was. Ah take it she woke you up too?" she asked.

"Yeah." Rainbow replied.

Rainbow shuffled over to Applejack and kissed her. Ever since Twilight had used her magic to allow them to have their daughter, Their love had bloomed. Rainbow looked down at the little filly and smiled. Just to know that another could share her awesomeness, as well as Applejacks stubbornness, Which she had noticed when she refused to be fed by Rainbow.

Two weeks earlier

"She's beautiful ain't she?" Applejack said as they walked out of the hospital that Rainbow had given birth in. They walked out hoof in hoof as Applejack carried their child.

"What should we name her?" Applejack asked.

"I think it should be an awesome name." Rainbow replied.

Applejack frowned.

"Ah feel like she should have a nice name, somethin sweet." she said.

"How about...Appledash?" she said smiling at her own wit.

"Hmmm, Appledash? ehhhh, Ah don't like it." she said flatly, causing Rainbow to frown.

"I was thinkin...Ariana, It sounds like a good name." she said happily.

Rainbow wanted to protest, but if the name made Applejack happy, then she was happy.

"Ariana it is." she replied.

Present

After Ariana was fed, they put her back in the crib and trotted back to their room, where Rainbow pulled her wife into bed with her and kissed her lovingly on the lips.

"I love you AJ, now until the end of time." she said as they both fell asleep.



A/N: Bet you guys weren't expecting that! Well I hope you all enjoyed it. And this is the real end. Enjoy!!!

Comments ( 30 )

Great ending! "Ariana", cute name. :twilightsmile:

I... I'm sorry to say this. But here's my critique, please don't take it bad, I'm jsut trying to do some constructive critizism, to help you, nothing more.

You should look for a good editor, many typos, grammar errors, problems with the use of "U" "cuz" and other words you should really avoid.
Regarding the story, it started great, then the whole polyamore thing went down, and so did the quality of the story. Problem is not the whole polyamore thing per se, the problem was that in... less than half a day, there were 4 broken hearts, 86 mended hearts, 153 new couples, you catch my drift? TOO many things happened TOO fast and with a surprisingly quick recovery. Rainbow falls in love, next day, her love is requited and she feels great, next day she hate applejack, next day she loves Fluttershy, next day she loves Applejack again and forgets about Fluttershy. Fluttershy(who had love RD for YEARS) suddenly forgets and loves Twi, because love is just a thing that comes and goes like the socks you wear...
I'm sorry, I don't wanna sound mean, I just like the concept of the story, and I'd love for more people to enjoy it, so I'm giving you tips, maybe you can re-write it, or something. I just want to help your art grow

I won't give you a thumb down, but neither a thumb up. I hope you don't hate me

1540862 spoiler it does

1540862 I could make it sadder. I could, but i woon't. this fic is done. sorry. lol

Why is it that each story has 31 likes and 14 dislikes?

Great love story. What happened to Twilight and Fluttershy, Rarity and Spike?

:rainbowderp: I've been looking for this!!! :ajsmug:

Uhhhhh dat ending... Did uhmm twilight give Applejack a uhhhh man part..?! Cuz rainbow gave birth:rainbowwild:

1828602I know it was rushed but it was my first fic like ever. so it wasnt as great as it could have been and yes twi gave Aj a man part. lol. ill will fix that accent thing as well thank u for pointing that out. :ajsmug::rainbowwild:

1829131 Hey no probs, the story was perfect just a little short, but besides I like it :rainbowkiss:

1831928 glad u enjoyed it.

1879866 Just so u know, this was my first ever fic. so please criticized away. lol. i never expected it to be good, but surprisingly it has gotten a lot of good feed back for a first timer. lol. i have about 7 others, 2 cancelled, but the others are pretty good. i guess.

1879913 sorry to disappoint but that pink train has a schedule to keep, and ur the next stop. lol.

1879942 haha. yes. goood goooood, let the confusion flow through you!!!! lol.

Well, that was one strange ride. Started off okay, then hit the brakes at the plot twist, sending me careening through the windshield, smashing into the pavement, only for it to continue going again, crushing me underneath and dragging my remains along for the rest of the ride. Why yes, that is indeed a very disturbing and detailed thought, thank you!

1437619
I have to agree with you on this one. The whole thing sort of spiraled down after the whole 'who loves who' twist. Lots of unexplained items left unanswered questions, and just sort of stagnated the rest of the story.

This chapter also seems kind of thrown in there as a quick follow up event, not too much importance to it otherwise. From the flashback, I think it is safe to assume it is around a year after their marriage and they have a foal now. Just seems like it went from best friends to lovers to heartbreak to new lovers to more heartbreak to reunited lovers to marriage to children, all in one go.

1880108 yeah sorry about that. if ur interested i just posted a new chapter to my DashFire fic. let me know what you think. And again, this was my first fic i ever wrote, so naturally its not gonna be great.

1890116 its the first fic i ever wrote. jeez. lol. im jokin. criticize away. i love the way people react to this. its funny.

1890207 who do you think? lloll

1890216 they are both walking on three hooves, with one hoof in the others hoof

Eh I love AppleDash but your SpitDash (RainbowFire sounds cooler) is better :pinkiesad2:

1889736

Ummm... thank you?....I think?
I have no idea what you are trying to get at with that, so here is a picture of a kitty.

cdn.cutestpaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/l-my-first-kitten.jpg

i love it and StormHoof32 can you make a sequel to this story and make more chapters for your stories that are not complete on your account

3209654 u know ur right, some fics have been rejected. Maybe i should start writing them again.

3210577 yeah i do and yes you should start writing them again

.....
(Mutters Swedish vulgarity that even PewDiePie would find vulgar)

Login or register to comment