• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,738 Views, 297 Comments

Living with Rainbow Dash - ArmourFox



Spitfire learns that living with Rainbowdash isn't as easy as it seems.

  • ...
17
 297
 3,738

Confessions of love

-Six months later (Because I'm the writer and I can skip things that aren't important I.E. the last six months.)-

Six months later and Rainbow Dash and Spitfire have (somehow) kept the fact that they were dating a secret from all their friends. It shouldn't have been that hard considering they live together but I'm getting off topic. The two mares in question were laying in front of a new concrete fireplace that Rainbow had gotten enchanted and put in her home. Spitfire's head was leaning up against Rainbow's neck.

"Hey Spitfire?" Rainbow asked, breaking the trance they were in.

"Yeah Dash?"

"You know how we've been dating for around...... Six months now?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think it's time we told our friends?" Spitfire's heart almost stopped at that question.

"Well Rainbow..."

"Please!?!?!" Rainbow Dash interrupted her.

"But Dash..."

"I just want be able to be seen loving with you in public!" Rainbow hoped up and flew to the ceiling, "I'll shout it from the rooftops if I have to! HEY WORLD! I LOVE...."

"OK! Ok, well tell them tomorrow, now let’s go to bed, drama queen." Spitfire got up and started to walk over to the stairs, however she was tackled by an overly happy pegasus.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" Rainbow squealed, covering her marefriend in kisses.


-The next morning (Because again I can skip... You know what? Never mind, we already went over this.)-


Rainbow awoke to the smell of food, per usual, and instantly let her nose lead her to the food in question. Walking down the stairs, she saw Spitfire at the stove.

"Well hay there. You’re just in time for breakfast," Spitfire greeted her.

"Spitfire, if there’s one thing I love about living with you, it's your cooking" Rainbow said, already munching on food.

"I'm going to take that as a complement," Spitfire sighed. "I dropped some notes off at the post-office this morning and your friends should be here by around... sixish?"

"What?!?!?" Rainbow gasped. "Spitfire, that only gives me seven hours to prepare!"

"How much time do you need?" Spitfire asked, raising her eyebrow.

"More than that," Rainbow said, quickly finishing her food.

"Well maybe you'll learn to get up earlier then eleven" Spitfire called, cleaning up the dishes and the house.

"Yeah, like that'll happen" Rainbow Dash snorted in response.


-seven hours later (Not going over this again.)-


'Ding Dong' the doorbell rang.

"I've got it!" Spitfire called. She walked over to the door. Opening it, she was face to face with a pegasus, two unicorns, and two earth ponies.

"Wait, how are you...?" Spitfire began.

"Cloud walking spell," Twilight interrupted her.

"Huh..." Spitfire’s mouth was partially agape. Not moving from her spot, Spitfire just stared at Twilight in amazement while the rest of the group looked on awkwardly. Rainbow Dash walked over to the door,

"Hey guys! How’s it goi..." She noticed Spitfire just standing there. "Oh, not again. One second guys," Rainbow walked over and kissed Spitfire on the cheek. Blushing, Spitfire moved out of the door way.

"Oh, sorry about that. I guess I was a little surprised," Spitfire started "But please come in!" Now it was their friends turn to stare at what they had just seen awkwardly. It took a little while but Spitfire realized what had happened.

"Ummm... Well why don't you five go sit down in the living room; we'll be in momentarily. I just need to have a talk with Rainbow here," Spitfire said, before dragging Rainbow Dash into the kitchen. Her friends however walked into the living room and sat down.

"Did you just kiss me!?!?!" Spitfire hissed.

"Yeah, and? We’re going to tell them anyway right?" Rainbow asked, the befuddlement clear on her face.

"Yes! But I wanted to make sure it was the right time," Spitfire hissed again.

"Well how 'bout we go in there now? Together, as a couple," Rainbow said, draping a wing over Spitfire. Upon this Spitfire's expression softened,

"Fine, let’s go" Spitfire conceded. With Rainbow's wing draped over her, Spitfire and Rainbow Dash walked into the living room and sat on the couch across from their friends. "Guys..." Spitfire addressed their friends, "We have something we want to tell you, Me and Rainbow, we're kinda...."

"Spitfire, I don't think they can hear you..." Rainbow chuckled. Spitfire looked up at Rainbow and she smiled, Spitfire smiled back.

"Were going out," Spitfire said, still smiling,

"There, now was that so hard?" Rainbow asked, kissing her marefriend.

"Well I for one think it's wonderful!" Rarity said, breaking the silence that had ensued.

"Oh! Yes... me too" Fluttershy said, both of them smiling.

"Well, what about the rest of you?" Rainbow asked. Pinkie Pie and Twilight both let out a breath that they didn't know they were holding in.

"Well Pinkie and I think it's great that you two are going out!" Twilight said, "Right Pinkie?"

"Oh... Yeah!" Pinkie said, chuckling nervously.

"Huh... Well ah can't say I understand it, Ahm not opposed to it ah guess," Applejack said, a look of thought plastered on her face.

"So..." Twilight started, "How long has this been going on?"

"About six months," Dash stated.

"Do you want to tell them Pinks?" Twilight asked Pinkie Pie.

"Me and Twilight are going out!" Pinkie said, planting a slobbery kiss on Twilight’s lips. After multiple cheers of approval for the two new couples, the rest of the friends had left and Spitfire and Rainbow were sitting in the living room enjoying each other's company. When out of the blue the door rang.

"I'll get it," Rainbow said, leaving her place for the moment. She walked over to the door and opened it, before her stand a magenta pegasus mare, with a light blue mane, and two lightning bolts for her cutie mark.

"Hey there, little sis! How's it going?" The mare asked.

All but one word left Rainbows mind: "Buck."

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger! Huhah I've wanted to do that for a long time. Thank you again Kiroberos! Anyways, I'll try and get the next chapter up ASAP. -Theengineerbrony