• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,746 Views, 297 Comments

Living with Rainbow Dash - ArmourFox



Spitfire learns that living with Rainbowdash isn't as easy as it seems.

  • ...
17
 297
 3,746

It's complicated

-Dream Sequence-
A small blue pegasus filly sat in a ring of other colts and fillies, her eyes red and puffy from crying.

"Fillyfooler!" a chocolate colt yelled.

"Fillyfooler! Fillyfooler! Fillyfooler! Fillyfooler!" The other foals repeated, constantly taunting the blue filly!

"N-no! I-I'm not a f-filly-f-fooler!" the blue filly denied, wanting the taunting to stop.

-End Dream Sequence (Error Code 404)-
Rainbow Dash awoke with a start. She was covered in sweat and panting heavily. Seeing the empty bed beside her, last night came rushing back to her in a flood. Wow, she felt like shit, she had treated her friends like shit, she treated her... marefriend? (Like shit.) What did Rainbow call their relationship? Spitfire had admitted her love and Rainbow answered her with bawling into her arms. Yeah... they were totally going out. As Rainbow thought about this, another pony in the kitchen was think the same exact thing. (Or almost the same thing.) After thinking about how (shitty) she had treated her friends and just about everyone else in her life, Rainbow got up from bed and trotted towards the door with a new look of purpose on her face. Looking out the hallway, she took a sniff. "Wait, what's that smell?" she mumbled to herself, her old purpose replaced by that of finding out where that delicious smell was coming from. Walking out of the hallway and down the stairs, she peeked into the kitchen. Spitfire was at the counter chopping carrots. She looked up,

"Well hey there sleepy head, how was your night?" Spitfire asked, a wide grin on her face.

"Ugh, I feel like I slept on a rock," Rainbow Dash said, giving a quick peck on the cheek to Spitfire.
Spitfire blushed and said, "Uhh, Rainbow that's what I wanted to talk to you about."
Dash's stomach lurched. "Well, I'm screwed," Dash thought. Spitfire lead Rainbow Dash over to the table where a plate full of hay bacon strips, eggs, and wheat toast lay. Rainbow's mouth watered at the sight before her.
"Last night was very... emotional and I just wanted you know..." Spitfire paused.
"Buck, there goes my relationship, right out the window! Bye bye!" Dash though bitterly.
"I still love you, that wasn't just last night," Spitfire said.
Rainbow Dash's heart jumped at this statement, however she acted modest.

"Well I am a pretty great pony," Well sort of modest. "Plus my personality is to die for!" Ok, not modest at all.

"Yeah, to die for... well I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go out the lunch today?" Spitfire asked.

"I look forward to it!" Rainbow said, giving Spitfire another peck on the cheek.

-Three hours later...-
The two mares walked down the street. They had decided to go to Sugarcube Corner. As they walked there, Rainbow looked around. She was happier than she had been in a long time and her face showed it. Walking down the street, she began to hum a little tune. (Coincidentally it sounded like the song she sang at the gala.)

"What cha' whistling there Dashie?" Spitfire asked with a smirk. As soon as she said that Rainbows wings shot out. Luckily no one was injured.

"You have no idea how much that turns me on..." Rainbow said, making Spitfire blush. Getting back up off the ground and Rainbow tucking her wings back at her side, the two mares continued on in silence. Just being happy with each others' company. They got there in no time.

"After you, m'lady," Rainbow said, opening the door for Spitfire.

"My my, Rainbow, if this is the personality to die for, I may just," Spitfire chided. They walked up to the counter to be met by Mrs. Cake.

"What can I get you dears?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"I'll have a smoothie," Spitfire said. Rainbow soon readily agreed. They then walked back to a table with their smoothies, along with some cupcakes.

"So this is our first date?" Spitfire asked.

"Well...I mean, I didn't really..." Rainbow stumbled over her words. "It's complicated," Rainbow finally said.

"What do you mean, 'It's complicated'?" Spitfire asked (again).

"Well, I mean this is more like some mare on mare time. You know, just hanging out," Rainbow said, a blush showing on her face.

"Mare on mare?" Spitfire asked, "Still sounds like a date to me..."

"Fine, it's a date," Rainbow conceded, "Just sounds lame."

"Good, I wanted to go on one." Spitfire smiled and Dash smiled back. After an hour of being there, they walked out the front doors.

"Oh, I need to go feed Tank!" Rainbow said, "I haven't fed him since yesterday!"

"That's ok. I need to go return a book to twilight," Spitfire said, "I'll see you later?"

"Yep!" Rainbow said, giving her new marefriend a peck on the cheek. She then proceeded to fly away.

"Hey!" Spitfire called, "You think you getting away with just a peck?" Spitfire raised an eyebrow.

"Oh... sorry." Rainbow came back down and kissed Spitfire passionately on the lips, "That better?"

"Much" Spitfire answered. Rainbow flew away towards her house and Spitfire started walked towards the library. As Spitfire walked towards the library, she quickly bought an apple for herself and began to chew. She had finished the apple by the time she got to the library and chucked it into a trash can. 'Ding Ding' the bell rang as Spitfire pushed open the door to the library.

"Hi there Spitfire! What can I do for you today?" Twilight asked.

"Oh... I just wanted to return this book," Spitfire said, trying not to hint at anything. Twilight looked at the cover.

"Did you not find it helpful?" Twilight asked, worried that books couldn't provide her with the knowledge she needed. Spitfire couldn't help herself.

"No, let's just say... I won't be needing it anymore." Spitfire winked and flew out of the library.

Author's Note:

Wow guys! 5,000 total views! Thank you all sooooo much! I just wanted to say: 1. This chapter was really fun to write so I hope you enjoyed it. 2. I write a scene in which they admit their love that doesn't end up with them bucking each other senseless, and it comes off as "Mother & Daughter?" Wtf?