• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,746 Views, 297 Comments

Living with Rainbow Dash - ArmourFox



Spitfire learns that living with Rainbowdash isn't as easy as it seems.

  • ...
17
 297
 3,746

An Intervention, of sorts.....

Rainbow Dash lay in her bed, Spitfire having left for work hours ago. She felt horrible, having aches all over and a massive headache. She also felt bad about how she'd been treating Spitfire lately. She decided that she'd go wait in the living room, take a nap maybe. "Yeah!" she thought. She got out of the bed and, draping the blanket over her, she walked out the door and down to the living room. "Spitfire really has been keeping this place clean," she mumbled to herself, taking in the cleanliness of the house. She walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Turning on the light on the end table, she looked at the coffee table. Strange, she'd never seen that book there before... Telling Somepony You Love Them, for Foals. "Huh...." She opened the book up. A piece of note paper fell out of the book and onto the ground. Rainbow looked at it and picked it up. It seemed to be a note sheet. Well there's only one pony who reads in this house, and it certainly wasn't Rainbow. She looked closer at the note sheet. After reading, Rainbow was in a state of shock. "No… no... no, it can't be Spitfire. It must be somepony else," she said, not wanting to believe. Rainbow ran out of the living room and up the stairs to the bedroom.

-Time Lapse-
Spitfire fumbled around with her saddlebags, trying to find her keys. Finding them and unlocking the door, she went in, determined to do some more reading today. As she walked into the living room the first thing she saw was her book thrown carelessly on the floor and her note sheet on the coffee table stained with tears. The only thing that came to Spitfire's mind was, "Oh buck." She ran over to the sheet. "Nonononononono! She couldn't have read it!" she sighed out loud. "Ok Spitfire, calm down....... Maybe she didn't read it!" There was still a chance she hadn't read it. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in and walked into the kitchen. Getting some left over soup from the fridge, she put it in the microwave allowing it to heat up. While dinner was "cooking," she let her mind wander to other things. Without something busying her mind, her anxiety easily returned. It was when she was on the 124th scenario of Rainbow being completely pissed, this one involving a rather long extension cord, that the microwave beeped and elicited a small 'eep' from the zoned out pegasus. Once she recovered from the small scare, she took the container out of the microwave and poured it into to small bowls. Placing them on the table, she called Dash down to dinner.

"Rainbow, it's time for dinner!" Moments passed, not receiving a response or hearing any movement she called again.

"Rainbow! It's time for dinner!" Getting annoyed with the pegasus for not responding, she used her full name.

"Rainbow Dash! It is time for dinner! Get your flank down here!" She yelled, having lost her patients moments before. Still hearing nothing, Spitfire was officially pissed. Rainbow Dash needed an intervention NOW! Storming up the stairs and over to the door of Dash's room, she was about to buck it open when she heard some not so gentle sobbing coming from inside. Quietly opening up the door, Spitfire whispered, "Rainbow? Are you ok?" Her question was answered with more crying. "Rainbow, please talk to me. I just want to know what's wrong," Spitfire said, trying to get some form of answer.

"Oh please, you don't give two **** about me," Rainbow managed to get out in between sobs.

"Rainbow! Why would you say such a thing!" Spitfire said, surprised by the profanity from the young pegasus.

"Because it's true!" Rainbow shouted back.

"Rainbow Dash!" Spitfire shouted "You need to get out of whatever funk you are in! You have friends that care about you and love you." Spitfire was now right next to Rainbow's bed "Dammit, Rainbow.... I... I love you, ok?!? There, I said it. I love you!" Rainbows hoof was so fast, it collided with Spitfire muzzle before she could even react.

"Don't you dare say that! You probably just want to use me like every other filly I've met!" Rainbow was now shouting even louder. Spitfire didn't give herself time to respond. She simply jumped on top of Rainbow and stared into her eyes with a look of pure hurt.

"Spitfire, what are you doing?" Rainbow asked, her anger starting to fade, looking at the face before her. But before Rainbow could ask again, Spitfire locked her lips with hers. Rainbow simply melted into the kiss and as Spitfire drew her lips away her, sadness over clouded her anger. Hugging the other mare tight, Rainbow broke down into tears.

"I-I'm s-so sorry! I-I ju-just didn't wa-want to g-get hu-hurt," Rainbow choked out the words into Spitfire's outstretched forehooves.

"Shush now, it's ok. You have no reason to apologize," Spitfire hushed the filly as she stroked the frazzled mane. Rainbow Dash was sobbing uncontrollably and Spitfire couldn't stop it. Then she had an idea. Holding the crying mare in her arms, Spitfire began to sing,
"Hush now, quiet now. It's time to lay your sleepy head.
Hush now, quiet now. It's time to go to bed.

Drifting off to sleep, exciting day behind you.
Drifting off to sleep, letting the joy of dreamland find you.

Hush now, quiet now. It's time to lay your sleepy head.
Hush now, quiet now. It's time to go to bed."


As she finished the song, she could hear the rhythmic breathing of sleep coming from the cyan pegasus. Leaning her head over the other mare, she kissed her on the forehead.

"Good night, my little Dashie."

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to finish this chapter! I wasn't really inspired but then I planned some things out and hope to get around 15 chapters out of this! Until next time. -Theengineerbrony