• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,731 Views, 297 Comments

Living with Rainbow Dash - ArmourFox



Spitfire learns that living with Rainbowdash isn't as easy as it seems.

  • ...
17
 297
 3,731

Rainbow's crises

Spitfire shuffled her hoof around in her saddle bag looking for her key to the house. It had been two days since she had found Rainbow Dash in her room crying and since then, she had slipped into a depression that Spitfire had not been able to coax her out of. Basically what happened is Rainbow Dash called in sick, didn't go to work, just stayed in her bed, and only came down when Spitfire called her for dinner. Spitfire was starting to get worried. She had talked to Rainbow's friends but none of them had ever encountered this problem before. She thought about all these things as she entered the house. Instantly, she flipped on the lights and saw that the house was the same as she had left it.

"Some mares would be happy about that…" she thought bitterly to herself.
She set her keys down and walked into the kitchen, grabbing the grocery bags on her way in. She made her way to the counter and took out a knife. With that, she began chopping up vegetables and dropping them into a pot on the stove. When she was done with those, she took out a large can of broth, opened it, and dumped it into the pot as well. Setting the stove on high and putting on the timer, she walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Taking a book off the coffee table (Coincidentally, it was "Telling Somepony You Love Them, for Foals."), she started reading, determined to make time pass quicker. Looking around to make sure Rainbow wasn't watching her, she opened the book and took out some note paper she had gotten from twilight. Already on the sheet was some quickly written notes,

"Before starting this book, make sure that your feelings for this certain pony are real."

I'm pretty sure that I feel this way about Dash. At least I really, really like her.

"Before you tell somepony you love them, make sure they feel the same way, or are willing to give it a try."

I don't know if Rainbow loves me back and I definitely don't know if she'd give me a shot. I might need to do a little more research.

"When telling somepony you love them, make sure you're both in a comfortable place. Whether it be emotionally or physically."

Rainbow isn't really in a good place right now....... I should wait until she feels better.

And that was only some of the page. Twilight had suggested she take notes, to see where she stood on everything. Spitfire had hastily agreed, not wanting to make a complete foal out of herself in front of Rainbow. She opened up the book and got started reading. After a little while of taking notes, Spitfire heard the timer buzz and tucked away her notes and book. She got up from the couch, walked into the kitchen, grabbed an oven mitt in her mouth, and took the pot off the stove. Shutting off the stove, she got out two bowls (One for herself and one for Rainbow.) and set them on the table. Filling them both with soup, she called Rainbow Dash down for dinner.

"Rainbow! It's time for dinner!"

Just as she called she heard the gentle thumps of hoof hitting cloud and then the subsequent thumps of walking. She then looked out to see the mare in question make her way down the steps with her blanket still draped around her. "Wow, I didn't think she could look even worse... I was wrong," Spitfire thought, watching Rainbow make her way to the table. Spitfire moved out of the way as she walked through the door and sat down at the table. Spitfire walked over and joined her. She was about to dig in when she saw that Dash wasn't eating; just staring at her food.

"Rainbow are you going to eat your soup?" She was met with silence, to which she responded with, "Am I going to have to feed you?" Again she was met with silence. "Fine...." Spitfire dropped her own spoon and got up, walked over to Rainbow's side of the table, and picked up Dash's spoon. She filled the spoon up with soup and lifted it to Dash's lips. When Dash wouldn't open her lips, Spitfire sighed. "Idea!" She thought, and lifted her other hoof to her mouth.
Making the spoon fly around like a pegasus, she said "*Krrrsshh* Tower, this is Soarin' the Wonderbolt requesting permission to land." With that, Rainbow allowed the spoon to enter her mouth. "Am I going to have to do that every time?" Spitfire asked, suppressing a giggle. She was met with silence, so she proceeded to do it again, until the bowl was half empty.
By then Rainbow simply refused to open her mouth. "Fine," Spitfire sighed putting down the spoon. At least she had gotten Rainbow to eat something. Motioning for Rainbow to get off her chair, she let Dash lean on her as they walked to her room. When they got there, Spitfire nudged the door open and led Rainbow in. As she put Rainbow in the bed, she took the corner of the sheet and drew it over her. As she walked out the door, she looked back she saw a Rainbow Dash looking at her with a questioning look.
"No Rainbow, I'm not sleeping with you tonight." That was met with a look of sadness, which caused Spitfire to cave in. "Fine, I'll be in soon." With that Rainbow flopped her head back down on the pillow and looked at the ceiling. Spitfire quickly trotted back down into the kitchen. She quickly cleaned up the dishes and then proceeded to the living room to turn off the light. With one last look at her book, she quickly shook her head and trotted back up stairs. When she entered the room she heard soft sniffs coming from the bed. As soon as she got in the bed and hugged Rainbow, they almost instantly stopped. "This mare..." Spitfire thought "Is going to drive me to craziness."

Author's Note:

I had to get this part in after reading this(http://askapplejackandrainbowdash.tumblr.com/post/12264010276). But anyway, I re-rewrote the last chapter for the final time, making it so Spitfire didn't declare her love, just yet. I wrote this chapter with remarkable speed and loved writing it! One more thing: If one more person tells me to slow down on my writing, I will make a shout out and get everyone to spam you. It's not that I don't appreciate the criticism. I've just heard it so many [CENSORED] time, guys. New chapter soon. -Theengineerbrony