• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,738 Views, 297 Comments

Living with Rainbow Dash - ArmourFox



Spitfire learns that living with Rainbowdash isn't as easy as it seems.

  • ...
17
 297
 3,738

Final Preparations

The sun rose up over the hills, giving its warmth and light to all those who enjoyed it, and unfortunately those who didn't as well. One of those who didn't was Rainbow Dash. Lying in bed hugging her soon to be wife, the sun was not a welcome sight. Slowly opening her eyes to the intruding sunlight, Spitfire woke up Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, Rainbow, get up. We need to make sure everything’s ready for tomorrow."

"Ehh, five more minutes," Dash mumbled, falling back asleep.

"No, come on. I woke up early so you have to as well."

"Ugh, Fine I'm up, I'm up."

"Good, now come on."

"Can't we just snuggle?"

"Rainbow Dash, we’re about to get married. We can snuggle later..."

"Fine... but there better be snuggles." However, Spitfire didn't hear that last part because she was already on her way out the door.

"Come on. I'll make you some pancakes for breakfast."

Dash immediately perked up at that statement and announced, "Pancakes? I'm in!" She hopped out of bed and trotted off after Spitfire. When Dash got downstairs, she saw Spitfire already going at it on the pancakes. "Wait... I thought you were making them?"

"I was, and then I realized we still had some left over."

"Oh... Ok then, as long as I get some."

"You think I was just going to keep them to myself?"

"Well I don't know! Your pancakes are so good; I would keep them to myself."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"How do you make them anyways?"

"There's a reason I don't let you put syrup on them."

"And why’s that?"

"I mix it in to the batter."

"WHAT?!"

"What?!? Did I do something wrong?" Spitfire asked, recovering from the shock.

"No, you’re fine, I just can't believe I didn't think of that! It's brilliant!"

"O-k then, well why don't you finish up and we can go check on things."

"Oh yeah! Sure I'll finish up." And with that, Dash stuffed the rest of the pancakes in her mouth.

"Why do I find you attractive?"

"Why don't you ask my flank?" Rainbow Dash said, wiggling her rump and making Spitfire blush furiously.

"I'll ask it later tonight," Spitfire said, making Dash blush as well.

"Well why don't we go get these errands over so we can get to our plans?" Rainbow Dash wiggled her eyebrows, causing her to receive a playful nudge from Spitfire.

"Come on Casanova, our plans can wait."

"Fine, let’s just get this over with." And with that, they flew out the door and over to the Carousel Boutique.

***

"Ah yes, your wedding dresses! They're coming along wonderfully my dears," the fashionistastated.

"Oh Rarity, that's wonderful! May we see them?" Spitfire requested, nudging the pegasus next to her, who was staring off into space.

"Wha? Oh! Yeah, can we see them?"

"Well of course. Just let me go get them," Rarity agreed, pulling out two dresses from the back room with her magic. This literally made the two pegasi gasp.

"R-Rarity, these are beautiful!" Spitfire said, gasping again afterwards. Spitfire’s dress looked much like Dash's dress from the gala but with flowing red and yellow instead of rainbows, along with a veil on top. Rainbow’s looked much like her own from the gala, along with the veil as well.

"Yeah! Now how much do we owe you?" Rainbow Dash asked, a deadpan expression on her face.

"Rainbow! You really had to ruin the moment?"

"What?!? I just want to make sure we can afford our dresses!"

"Oh Rainbow Dash, don't worry about it darling! For you, they're free."

"Oh no, Rarity, we couldn't take these for free," Spitfire said, taking out her money.

"No! I insist, as a wedding gift."

"Well then, thank you Rarity. We'll see you at the wedding. Come on, Rainbow. Let’s go check on Pinkie Pie."

"Really! Maybe she'll have samples!"

"You just ate breakfast!"

"And?"

"Never mind."

***

"I told you she'd have samples," Dash said, taking another one of the cupcakes and eating it.

"Would you put that down!"

"What? They're good."

"Um.. Pinkie?" Spitfire tried to get her attention.

"Yes, Spits?"

"I really appreciate all the food, but we really need to head ou-wait.. Did you just call me Spits?"

"Yeah! It's my new nickname for you!"

"No offence Pinkie, but that's just plain awful."

"I know! But your name isn't easy to use!"

"Touché."

"What?"

"Never mind. So I take you're all set?"

"Yeppers! I've got all the food ready and everything!"

"Ok, well were going to go check on Twilight. See you at the wedding."

"Ok, bye!"

***

"Guys, I'm not sure if I understand this!"

"Twilight, you'll be fine."

"No! This marriage stuff is hard!"

"Twi, you'll make a great pastor! All you have to do is get us married!"

"But I have to memorize all kinds of stuff!"

"Well... Think of it like a test."

"What?"

"A test; study for the test and remember all the answers," Rainbow said, elaborating.

"Wow, I never thought of it that way..."

"Yeah well.... Have fun with that?"

"Ok guys, I will! Have fun!"

"Bye, Twilight," they both said.

***

"So you got the music all taken care of, Fluttershy?"

"Yep, all the birdies have agreed to sing for you."

"Oh.. Well that's very nice of them."

"Would you like to hear a verse?"

"Yes, Fluttershy, that would be very nice." As soon as she said that, all the birds started a whistle rendition of “Here Comes the Bride”.

"Thank you very much, Fluttershy. That sounded wonderful!"

"Oh, really, it was no problem."

"We'll see you tomorrow, then?"

"Yep, I look forward to it."

Walking out of the cottage, Rainbow turned her head towards Spitfire and asked, "So how about those plans?"

"Not yet! You need to go talk to AJ about her being your best 'mare' or 'stallion' or whatever."

"Do I need to?"

"Yes! Or someone isn't getting laid tonight."

"Ohf, low blow Spitfire, low blow. Fine, I'll go talk to her."

***

"Applejack! You home?"

"Yeah, Ah’m home! What can Ah do you for ya, RD?"

"Oh! Well um... I was wondering..."

"Yes, RD?"

"Well, I've known you for a long time, and I can kinda relate to you the most so..."

"Sooo what, RD?"

"Would you be my mare of honor?"

"Well of course Ah will." AJ hugged Rainbow Dash.

"Phew. Good to have that over with! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some 'plans' with my wife!"

Author's Note:

Aren’t hiatuses fun? Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes on this one, guys. I put it right out because I wanted it out ASAP! I was in a really good mood before I wrote this, and then half way through I had to go chase my dog around the neighborhood and fight off an opossum that I thought was dead(It wasn't) with a stick. Also, I know this wasn't much longer but if you looked, I used a lot less speaker tags, making it beefier. New chapter soon! Now I'm going to sleep!