• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,738 Views, 297 Comments

Living with Rainbow Dash - ArmourFox



Spitfire learns that living with Rainbowdash isn't as easy as it seems.

  • ...
17
 297
 3,738

A surprise vist

Where were we? Let’s see... Oh yes, a mysterious mare had just arrived and I believe Rainbow had responded with, "Oh buck." Huh, well back to the story! (I'm calling her "Mystery Mare" in hopes that some of you haven't figured it out yet.)
Rainbow Dash stood there staring in awe and confusion at what lay before her. "Well little sis, I didn't expect you to have such a mouth on you!" the mystery mare said.

"Rainbow? Who is it?" Spitfire called from the living room.

"And who is that?" The mystery mare asked.

"Uh... Don't worry Spitfire. It's... Nopony," Rainbow called back.

"So I'm a nopony now?" the mare smirked.

"What?!? No no no, I didn't say that! I just mean..." Rainbow looked deep in thought. (And awesome.)

"Rainbow, is everything ok in there?" Spitfire asked, getting up from the couch.

"Yeah, everything's fine!" Rainbow insisted. However, that answer didn't satisfy Spitfire and she got up and walked out into the hallway.

"Rainbow? Who's this?" Spitfire said, with a raised eyebrow.

"Who? Oh her, ummmm..." Rainbow bit her bottom lip trying to come up with an answer.

"I'm Fyre Fly, Rainbow’s adoptive sister. It's nice to meet you... Spitfire?" Fyre Fly introduced herself.

"It's nice to meet you too, I'm Rainbow's... roommate" Spitfire said, shaking her hoof, "And Rainbow? You couldn't just tell me that?" Spitfire asked a very sheepish looking Rainbow Dash.

"Well... I didn't mean for you two to meet this way," Rainbow pawed at the floor.

"So you were planning on having us meet?" Spitfire questioned, all the while and amused looking Fyre Fly simply watched.

Rainbow sighed, "Umm, why don't we move this to the kitchen. It sounds like I have some explaining to do," Rainbow said, gesturing to said kitchen.

"Yeah," Spitfire and Fyre Fly both said at the same time. They all walked to the kitchen, Spitfire watching Fyre Fly the entire way. When they got into the kitchen Rainbow and Fyre Fly sat at the table, and Spitfire started to make something to eat.

"You’re going to make her do all the work?" Fyre Fly asked Rainbow.

"Oh please... That mare couldn't cook if her life depended on it," Spitfire snorted, to which Fyre Fly chuckled and Rainbow Dash just hid her face in her hooves. After warming up some spaghetti and setting three plates of it down on the table, Spitfire sat down and joined the other two.

"So Rainbow, why don't you get started on that story?" Spitfire asked her.

"Uh yeah, sure... It was during Jr. Speedster’s flight camp..."

-Flash Back!-

My parents had just died and I needed a legal guardian to continue going to the camp. Eventually they just sent me to an orphanage. But while I was there, it was the worst thing in my life. I was sad, lonely, and all around not happy. But one day, a light pink mare walked in and looked around. She saw me in the corner just sitting there clutching my Wonderbolts doll, and walked over to me.

"Hey there little filly... You ok?"

"Y-yeah, I-I'm fine..."

"Cause' you sure don't look ok."

"I'm fine!"

"Hey there’s the fillyfooler!" a grey colt shouted, pointing his hoof at Rainbow from across the room. Previous statements forgotten, the filly Rainbow instantly grabbed on to the larger mare, tears coming out at full speed.

"W-why are they s-so mean t-to me?" she asked between sobs.

"Shhh, it’s ok. I'm not going to let them hurt you anymore." She brushed the filly's mane with her hoof.

-End Flash Back-

"She ended up adopting me. Although because I never really got over not having my parents, we were more like sisters," Rainbow said, finishing her short tale.

"Wow, well I wasn't expecting to hear that tonight," Spitfire said, cleaning up the plates.

"Ok, ok. Now it's time for a different story. What’s going on between you two? You've been stealing looks at each other all night," Fyre Fly asked, making both of them blush.

"Well you see," Rainbow took a deep breath, "Spitfires my marefriend!" Rainbow cringed and waited for the 'What?!?!?!' that never came.

"Oh, well I wish you would've sent me a letter or something," Fyre Fly said, leaving Rainbow’s jaw open agape.

"Rainbow, jaw," Spitfire reminded her.

Closing her jaw, Dash asked, "Wait, so you’re ok with that?"

"Rainbow Dash, I adopted you when you were eight and made a promise to love you no matter what. This isn't an exception," Fyre Fly said, bringing her in for a hug.

"Is the marefriend allowed in the hug to?" Spitfire asked forelegs outspread. They responded by pulling her into it too. After a couple seconds the hug dispersed.

"You know what? Fyre Fly, I think it's great your here!" Spitfire said.

"And why's that?" she asked.

"Well...You’re about the closest thing Rainbow has to family right now correct?" Spitfire asked.

"Well yes, I suppose so..." Fyre Fly said hesitantly.

"Well then I'd like your blessing," Spitfire said, with a slight sigh.

"For what exactly?" Fyre Fly asked, eyeing her curiously.

Spitfire took a small box out from under her wing and opened it. Inside was a beautiful sapphire necklace. "Rainbow Dash... Will you marry me?" Spitfire asked, getting down on one knee.

Rainbow looked at Spitfire with tears in her eyes and said, "Yes...Yes, a thousand times yes!" Rainbow leapt into a hug that Spitfire had been willing to provide for her. They kissed and they had never been happier in their lives.

"Well, this has been an interesting turn of events!" Fyre Fly said, a smile on her face. "But I think you'll be happy to know that I give you my full blessing," Fyre Fly said. After they stopped hugging, they walked with Fyre Fly to the door.

"Come back soon, ok?" Rainbow asked, hugging her sister.

"Of course I will!" Fyre Fly said. She then walked over to Spitfire and hugged her as well. "Take care of her for me, ok?" she got out between half tears and half chuckles.

"I will," Spitfire promised, and with that Fyre Fly took off and into the night sky.

Author's Note:

You all knew where this was going... Anyways I wrote this about 10 PM at night and it just flowed out of me all in one sitting! Gods this was fun to write. Thank you once again my good friends and Kiroberos. I'll see you all soon. -Theengineerbrony