• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 3,738 Views, 297 Comments

Living with Rainbow Dash - ArmourFox



Spitfire learns that living with Rainbowdash isn't as easy as it seems.

  • ...
17
 297
 3,738

The start of something new

That was it. Spitfire wasn't going to stand for it anymore. For the seven years that she had been the captain of the Wonderbolts, she had been paid less the others and the boss almost never listened to her. So when she brought up the idea of recruiting Rainbow Dash to her extremely sexist boss, it shouldn't have come as a surprise to her when he started lecturing her on how they couldn't have to many mares on the team and how it was still a mystery to him how her and Surprise got on the team in the first place. That's when she did it. She knew that Rainbow Dash was a very talented mare. In fact, she had seen it first hand, as she was the only pegasus to do a Sonic Rainboom twice. If that didn't make you qualified then Spitfire didn't know what did, so Spitfire quit. She was done with the injustice that had been done to her so many times before. Now her only problem was where to go, seeing as she had never had any real home. The Wonderbolts had provided housing for her and she never really had a place of her own.

"I know, maybe Soarin' has room for me," she said to no one in particular.

And so on she went to Soarin's hotel room. When she got there, she knocked on the room door.

"Be right there," a familiar voice called from inside.

As the door opened, there was Soarin' without his Wonderbolts costume.

"Oh, hey there Spitfire. What can I do you for?" he asked in his friendly and inviting tone.

"Listen Soarin', there's something that I need to talk to you about. Can I come inside?" Spitfire asked, the desperation clear in her voice.

"Well of course, come on in," he said, gesturing her to come inside.

They walked into the kitchen and as Soarin' went over and grabbed two coffee mugs from the cabinet, Spitfire sat down at the table.

"Soarin', I need to ask you a big favor. I just quit the Wonderbolts," Soarin' didn't seem surprised at all by the news. "And I need somewhere to stay until I find my own place."

"Spitfire, listen, no matter how much I would like to let you stay with me, how would that work out? I mean, I'm constantly moving around and you would have to be moving with me. That can't work out" Just then, the severity of the situation hit Spitfire. She didn't have a job and she didn't have anyplace to stay; she was homeless.

"Now Spitfire, before you panic, I can recommend some places for you to go but I don't know how things will work out for you there," Soarin' said, seeing the panic clear on her face.

"Ok then, where should I go? I have no home and no money, Soarin'!" she asked, starting to panic a little now.

"There having a position for a new weather pony over in Ponyville. Why don't you check it out over there. As for housing, I'm not sure but you might find an Inn or something over there. But that's about as much as I can do for you." After a few moments, Soarin' continued, "You know, he never thought you'd leave."

"What do you mean?"

"The boss. He never thought you would leave, It hurts him more than you think," Soarin' explained.

"Yeah right," Spitfire said with a sigh.

"Well thanks, Soarin'. I guess I'll see you around then," And with that final note, she flew out of the small hotel and headed towards Ponyville, where who knows what would be in store for her.

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! It's me and this is the first chapter of "Living with Rainbow Dash! Omgomgomgomgomg, anywho, it will be a longer story than my first one and is set to be finished in a couple weeks! Thanks to Kiroberos, my proofreader, who doesn't like me thanking him like this but I do it anyways.