• Published 3rd Jun 2023
  • 105 Views, 4 Comments

Tale Of The Shards - CallMeTiredso



Pinkie pie and Twilight are the secret superhero's Masked and Seconds. They learn of purple shards making criminals, well criminals and try to collect them all to stop the evil person behind the purple shards. Trixie also helps, sometimes.

  • ...
 4
 105

Danger

“Pinkie, I already told you that the alleyway isn't a shortcut!” Twilight said in a frustrated tone into the earpiece as she looked over the railing of the high building trying her best to keep track of her very speedy friend.

“Anything is a shortcut if you make it Twi!” Pinkie laughed as she ran through the dirty alleyway only to run into the dead end wall.

Pinkie fell back as she rubbed her temple which was quickly bruising. She opened her eyes as she looked up at the wall, it wasn't that high up but too high for her to jump and reach the edge, that's when an idea struck her.

“Hey Twilight theoretically, my speed is fast enough to run on the wall right?” Pinkie asked into the earpiece as she backed up with a determined smile on her face already getting into position.

“Well last time I checked you might be a bit slow so I wouldn't try it- Pinkie!” Twilight was cut off with Pinkie already going for it. And she almost made it all the way up, almost. Right when she was about to make it, gravity kicked in and it was much stronger than her speed. But Pinkie was faster and grabbed onto the edge of the wall and pushed herself up right before she fell.

“Told ya” Pinkie giggled as she jumped off the roof onto another roof trying to catch the criminal.

Twilight sighed out of relief as she leaned her body against the rails. That had been close and risky, anything could have gone wrong, Pinkie could've lost her powers halfway up, or maybe missed the edge. Twilight hated how unplanned these missions were, and how things changed up halfway through.

“Caught him!” Pinkie yelled through the earpiece bringing Twilight out of her worried thoughts.

“Ah- good job be right there” Twilight replied. She let go of the button on her ear piece and started to focus on where she wanted to teleport. Turns out it's a lot harder than levitating things, it took her failing 13 times to finally give up and start walking towards them instead.

“Took you long enough.” Pinkie said, chuckling as Twilight's figure appeared.

“Don't remind me.” Twilight replied slapping a hand over her face

“H-hey where am I? What are you going to do to me? '' The criminal said, cutting into their short conversation.

Twilight and Pinkie turned to him with an unimpressed look before Twilight knocked him out with a punch.

"Maybe you're giving him amnesia with those punches." Pinkie theorized as she tied the criminal to a random pole.

"Last time I put him to sleep with a spell, he obviously doesn't have amnesia, he just doesn't know when to quit." Twilight replied as she rubbed her knuckles.

Maybe she should just stick with spells.

“Yeah I guess so- hey wasn't the moon just up a minute ago?” Pinkie questioned as she looked up at the sky. Twilight raised an eyebrow as she looked at the sky, her face fell as she realized they had spent a bit too much time on the criminal.

"Pinkie, what time is it!?" Twilight questioned as she shook pinkies shoulders.

"4am" Pinkie replied with a smile as she checked her watch.

Twilight's eyes widened as she opened one of her belt pockets for her phone only to see the message she was dreading already lighting up her screen.

Shining Armor: If you're not home in the next 10 minutes I'm telling mom - 2:30 am

"That big freaking traitor!" Twilight said as her eyebrows furrowed in anger as pinkie walked up behind her.

"He's probably just messing with you, you two are as close as two peas in a pod, he definitely didn't tell." Pinkie said with a smile.

"I'm not too sure, I accidentally broke one of his snow globes like a week ago, he hasn't let that go even after I fixed it." Twilight replied as she put her phone away, her tone annoyed.

"I wouldn't worry about it, but can I stay at your place tonight? I left my bag there and I don't wanna go home to change just to wake Mr and Ms's Cake." Pinkie asked as she pressed her palms together in a pleading motion, her usual big smile was now a pleading, small, smile now.

Twilight let out a giggle before giving her nod. The two went to Twilight's house to get some much needed sleep.

***
The morning after was absolutely dreadful in Twilight's words. Last night's patrol took all her energy, even Pinkie pie was a lot less talkative.

But somehow the secret superheros had managed to make it through half the day and to lunch time.

“I really hope it’s pizza.” Pinkie said as she rubbed her stomach.

Twilight chuckled, “Luckily for you I took a peak at the lunch schedule and-” Twilight was cut off by Pinkie shaking her by the shoulders.
“Is it pizza!?” Pinkie asked in an ecstatic voice as her smile and shaking grew.

Twilight smiled as she gave a thumbs up as a response, not even a second later Pinkie had literally zoomed towards the lunch line seemingly having gotten all her energy back just with the thought of having pizza.

Twilight let out a sigh as she too started walking towards the line, just then though, something had caught her eye.

Vinyl Scratch, or DJ as some referred to her as, didn't look well, even from far Twilight noticed the heavy breathing coming from the girl.

Something isn't right, Twilight thought to herself. Twilight kept her eyes on the girl, just when she was about to walk towards her she heard someone next to her take in a very shaky breath. When she turned her head she definitely did not expect to find Trixie also looking worried, apparently it wasn't just her who saw how weird Dj was acting.

That's when she felt it, magic, she felt magic, she sensed it and it wasn't coming from her, rather from Vinyl.

Twilight bit her lip as her nerves started to grow, and it seemed that Trixie was also nervous.

Suddenly Vinyl stood up and started her approach towards the door. Twilight leaned forward to start walking towards her but Trixie had beaten her to it.

Okay something must be really wrong, Twilight thought to herself as she followed Trixie who in turn followed Dj.

They walked down the halls of CHS, passing lockers and classrooms until they made it to the last 2 way hall. Taking a right would lead them to a dead end hall, taking a turn to the left however, would lead them to the side exit of the school. It didn't take rocket science to know what Vinyl was gonna take.

They had walked with a consistent pace throughout the little chase, but when Vinyl took one glance back, Trixie had taken that as her cue to start sprinting.

Twilight's eyes widened as Trixie tackled Vinyl to the ground. She cringed as Trixie elbowed Vinyl’s ribs in defense of Vinyl trying to kick her knee. As Twilight kept looking at the two girls on the ground she noticed that they were fighting for something that was in Vinyl’s hand. Twilight made a mental note of that and started to think about who she should help.

On one hand it seemed that any type of hit that Trixie landed, it didn't actually hurt Vinyl. Then with Trixie it seemed that she could doge almost every hit Vinyl tried. Twilight took one last glance at the two girls before deciding to not help any of them.

Twilight raised her hand up ready to shoot a beam in between them so it could separate them from each other. She looked in between them trying to get the best timing on when to shoot so it wouldn't hurt anyone but just scare them away from each other, that's when a figure moving further from them caught her eye.

Twilight raised her head and made sorta eye contact with someone in a shadowed cloak. White eyes stared back at her. It had a stare of a hawk not moving, keeping the eye contact without fail, not even blinking once. All in All it was a terrifying experience, so terrifying that when Twilight blinked just for a second the figure was half down the hallway behind her.

Twilight turned around ready to chase the figure only for a green gem that the figure had in their hand caught her eye. And suddenly the magic she felt from Vinyl was now coming from the figure. The figure turned to the right, out of sight.

“Damn” Twilight whispered as she stared at the hallway.

“Nice going Masked” Twilight stiffened as she heard the words fall out of Trixie's mouth.

Twilight turned around so furiously that she was sure that she heard her back crack.

“What are you talking about?” Twilight asked as she bit her lip in anticipation for Trixie's answer.

“Pretty obvious,” Trixie started as she stood up and stretched her arms. “You and your group of friends are the only ones with powers here, and when comparing Masked powers to yours I didn't exactly find a match. But back when you and Pinkie first started and your hood came off in that one fight, it wasn't hard to find a purple haired girl who had once tied up her hair like that.” Trixie ended as she crossed her arms and leaned against the wall.

Twilight had her eyes widened in surprise.

“Wait, you also know who Seconds is?” Twilight questioned.

“Well duh, I mean at first I thought it was Rainbow Dash, but with the pink suit, and that little poof of hair coming out of her hood when she fights, it wasn't really hard.”

“If you found out our identities when we first started out, it must've been before I put the identity spell on our suits. Do you think anyone else knows?.” Twilight asked, worry laced in her voice.

“Everyone except, the Great and very observant Tr-ixie, is absolutely dense.” Trixie declared as she went towards Vinyl Scratch’s limp body. “Also help me take her to the nurse's office, and no she isn't dead, and we’ll explain that she just passed out in the hallway and we found her.” Trixie added as she predicted every question Twilight was about to ask.

Twilight stared, mouth agape, at Trixie, dumbfounded. She only really started to help when Trixie gave her a pointed look of “what are you waiting for?”.

So here Twilight was, carrying an unconscious student, with a girl she doesn't even like, to the nurses office, while there's an intruder roaming around CHS. This, surprisingly, has to be one of the weirdest things she has ever done. And that's with her being a Vigilante.

“Hey if you don’t mind me asking,” Twilight grunts as she shifts her arms to get a better grip at Vinyl’s legs. “How’d you know there was something wrong with Vinyl?”

Trixie pauses, which in turn almost makes Twilight trip back and fall. Twilight looks up at Trixie after she gathers her bearings and notices that she looks nervous, why would she be nervous?

“Well um-" Trixie seems to go through a thought process if she should tell her or not, at the end she decides tell her. "Just like how you and your friends have powers, I have one too, it sucks though, half of the time I don’t even trust it.” Trixie says as she continues walking.

Twilight furrows her eyebrows, who doesn't trust their powers? Twilight pauses for a second, oh right me.

“Can I ask what your powers are?”

“I can sense danger I guess, it sometimes detects wrong though. I thought that was what was happening earlier until I saw that it wasn't coming from Vinyl, but the gem she was holding instead.” Trixie informed.

Twilight thought for a moment, overall it wasn’t a bad power. So why would she keep it a secret?

“Okay we made it and I'm tired so, here,” Trixie said as she shoved all of Vinyl's body to Twilight's hands. “You take her to the bed and I'll talk to the nurse, then you should probably catch the intruder that's still here.”

Twilight struggled with the sudden weight and hurried towards the bed.

She was tired, way too tired to be catching a random person roaming around the school without even knowing their motives.

But then again she had basically signed up for this. So she guesses that she'll deal with it, after she informs Pinkie and gets her help on it of course.

Author's Note:

Yall Im gonna be honest, first time posting on here. Like highkey yo, anyways I hopped you enjoyed yea.