• Published 14th Mar 2023
  • 375 Views, 2 Comments

A Notebook Found In An Abandoned Apartment Complex - The Ancestor



A notebook found by Foundation Agents during a sweep of an apartment complex in Manehattan.

  • ...
 2
 375

Saturday

Finally got out of my apartment tonight, it's worse than I thought. The hallways and stairwells are empty, not a soul in sight. Some of the doors are open, but I decided against checking them for now, I don't want to see any familiar faces if they ended up like Fire.

When I finally reached the streets, I stood frozen for a good few minutes, just taking in the sights. I knew it was probably bad, but I didn't know just how bad it was. Dozens, hundreds of ponies floated high above the ground, all humming, all looking upwards. From what I saw none of them were looking at me, but it sure did feel like it.

Their voices were impossible to ignore.

The way to the store was straightforward enough, even if it felt like I was being watched along the way. To my surprise, the store was intact, a cashier levitating under the ceiling. I stocked up on non perishables, as well as some strong drinks to boot. I got out of there and back home before sunrise, the humming following me wherever I went.

I'm in bed now, all my windows are closed shut, just like my bedroom door.

So why do I still hear them?