• Published 4th Oct 2012
  • 2,094 Views, 18 Comments

Cena Luná - Cryogenical



Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle go for a picnic. A short story for a mini contest.

  • ...
5
 18
 2,094

The Picnic

Pinkie Pie glanced contently out of the circular porthole in the train, and exhaled all of her worries out of her in a tranquil state. Her previous life was crazy, hectic, and amazingly fun. The pink mare turned around and smiled at the sleeping purple unicorn. Her purple unicorn. Twilight Sparkle, now known as the epitome of Pinkie's life laid sleeping in the carriage's cot. Everything Pinkie does is to spend time together with her soul mate.

Ever since the one faithful morning where they both confessed their want and longing for each other almost simultaneously, Pinkie has stuck by Twilight's side. They've had to overcome numerous obstacles throughout their relationship. Many a time, they were challenged by even their closest friends, but each and every time they put utter and complete patience into themselves and all around them, and they would always prevail stronger together than they were before.

Now as they sat together on the train, the unusually serene, bubbly pink baker reflected highly deeply into the direction of her perfect life. In her current prime age of life she has hundreds, if not thousands of memories to cherish, and still more to create. She plans to make the most of what she can.

The locomotive came to an abrupt stop. Pinkie Pie's smile quadrupled in size, threatening to stretch apart her cheeks until they were just long flabs. Pinkie excitedly nudged the lavender librarian until she woke.

Twilight glanced tiredly at her mare bouncing down the aisle with all of their one bag of luggage for their two week honeymoon, and labelled herself "The Luckiest Unicorn in Equestria". With a quick flash of sparkling magic, the protégé of Princess Celestia herself immediately was wide awake and ready for the day. She'd learned a few tricks over the endless nights of adventuring through countless books, as she lives in a library.

Twilight trotted through the aisle and caught up to Pinkie. They exited their private train and descended the stairs into the frontal forest canopy of the thinly veiled treeline. Some of the tree trunks were twisting around in a different, odd beauty. The pink bunched leaves gave the two a relief and a change of scenery from their normal life.

The couple trotted away at a brisk pace through the Whitetail Forest, stopping along the rusted scenic route they traveled to converse with the native deer and the occasional gazelle.

Finally, they reached their destination. As Twilight sat down, Pinkie set up their picnic. Picnic as in stacks of cupcakes. Upon seeing this holy revelation, the striped mane unicorn rolled her eyes and magicked a few of the strangely familiar pink and purple sweets next to her.

The pair talked the night away under the comfort of the setting sun and rising moon. Unconsciously, the two moved ever closer, until Pinkie laid her head on Twilight's shoulder. Twilight's heart fluttered in her chest. She looked down at the now sleeping mare and whispered,

"I love you."

Comments ( 15 )

Yes, the first two words are Latin.

Twinkie Pie ship! Instant like! I will check this out. It shouldn't take me long.

1383419>>1383399

Thank you both! This means a lot to me, and I appreciate it!

Nice. I do like this. It reminds me of one of my friends...

1384335 not sure how to respond to that? Thank you for reading, and commenting too!

1385585 Thank you! Also, thanks for watching me :twilightsmile:

1384449 Sorry. I'm just a hopeless lovesick.

This deserves one of my highest and punniest words: Awwwwd'awwrable!

Also, This short and sweet little fic gets a happy Pinkie, a 'stache and a kissy Dash!

:pinkiehappy::moustache::rainbowkiss:

Yes. this pleases me.

1393962 I'm glad it does!

1378323
You're right; not OCD, CDO. All the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be. :pinkiecrazy:
However, this sentence makes no sense to me:

She's learned a few tricks over the endless nights of adventuring through countless books as she lives in a library.

Wouldn't it be:

She'd learned a few tricks over the endless nights of adventuring through countless books, as she lives in a library.

Very nice. I like it. FAV FOR YOU!

1396645 Your right! Thanks for pointing out the grammatical mistake, and thanks for fav'ing. :3

1397055
Of course. A story as great as this deserves it.
And remember, if ever you need a story edited, PM me.
-hands business card-

1399288 Hey! I was on a word limit. I couldn't make any progression as to why they were in love :c. Thanks for enjoying it though!

Login or register to comment