• Published 14th Mar 2023
  • 311 Views, 0 Comments

The Mystery of Applejack's Parents - Musical_theatre_demon



Nobody revealed how exactly Pear Butter and Bright Mac died, but it most likely had something to do with the feud between the Pears and the Apples.

  • ...
 0
 311

7.

Pear Butter made her way across Pear Farms to Sweet Apple Acres, careful not to raise any suspicion. Was she really going to trot up there and say: "Hey, I got a letter and I'm only assuming it came from over here. If you would kindly let me in to investigate who might've sent it, maybe then you'd think of me and my family differently." ?

No. While this was a lie, it was still suspicious. And another reason she had to be careful - Granny Smith wasn't a pony, she was a pony with eyes like a hawk that would soar down and threaten her if she wasn't careful. Even one look at her and Granny Smith would flip. Pear Butter gulped, fighting the urge to turn back around and go home. But even with that urge, she carried on and knocked on the red barn doors of Sweet Apple Acres.

From inside Sweet Apple Acres, the middle-aged pony called to Bright Mac from the kitchen, "Bright Mac, could you get the door please? I'm cooking dinner."

This was his chance. Excitedly, Bright Mac perked up. "Yes, Mom!" he chirped and ran towards the door.

To both of their surprises, Pear Butter stood at the door. At first glance, the couple looked away from each other, their faces blushing red the second time they looked up at each other. Seems like they were both infatuated and shocked to see each other again.

"So, uh, how'd you get here?" both ponies frantically said in unison.

"Uh, I don't know. I-I got a letter and I assumed it came from here. I mean, it had somepony's name on it I recognized," Pear Butter said. "Uh, do you mind if I come in? I know you're mother's probably busy with dinner, and oh my Celestia, it smells amazing. I wish I could just come in and join the family dinner, but that just won't be perceived well. So I better make my way out of here before we both get in trouble..."

Bright Mac smiled, the blush on his face intensified. "What she don't know ain't gonna kill her," he said, afraid of how Granny Smith would react when she was finished. He decided not to think of that right now. "Uh, well, why don't you come in for a minute? I'm sure she won't mind. It's just until she calls me for dinner."

Pear Butter turned to leave. "I suppose by the smell of it, she's almost done."

"She...she'll call me," Bright Mac said, tension rising in the young stallion's voice while ushering her in quickly as they made their way to his bedroom.

Pear Butter looked around, admiring the scenery. "Your barn is in a lot better condition than mine," Pear Butter said. "My dad is so traditional and doesn't really bother with renovations all that much." She sat on the bed. "And this room - it's like a dream! I wish our families could come to an agreement to merge! That would be fun, wouldn't it?"

Bright Mac gulped, searching for words while fiddling with his hooves. "Uh, yeah," he said. "Although, there's a slim chance of it really happening."

"Oh c'mon! Can't a pony dream? We're still young, Bright Mac. We've got the whole world ahead of us," Pear Butter said. "And I feel like I haven't known you long enough to say this, but I wanna spend eternity with you. I wanna marry you, but I don't know how to do it. If we get eloped, your mother will cut ties with you and maybe my father will too. The future for our feuding families is at stake, but our love is everlasting, if you think about it. Whatever the obstacle, I like to think positive and believe we'll jump over it someday."

"Dreams are dreams. Although, I sort of believe it too," he said. "Do you got a ring?"

Pear Butter blushed, chuckling awkwardly. "A ring? Since when did farm ponies have enough or even have the luxury to buy a ring? Ain't our love enough?"

Bright Mac smiled. "You're right, Buttercup. Where to?"

Pear Butter smiled. "Come with me," she said, leading Bright Mac to their secret spot.

* * *

"Look at this tree," she said. "What do you see?"

"I see... a connection beyond reality itself," Bright Mac replied. "I see star-crossed lovers and how someday they get together against their families' wills."

"That, Bright Mac, is called fate. Fate brought us together, and believe it or not, fate will bring our families closer together in due time," Pear Butter said. She smiled, leaning in closer towards him. "Is it too early to tie the knot?"

Bright Mac leaned in closer as well. "No. Let's do it now. I'm not afraid anymore. I don't wanna hide our love anymore, although it'll get us in trouble. I just don't feel comfortable hiding this part of me anymore and avoiding you because I'm not allowed to see you. I will love you until the end of time with confidence."

Pear Butter smiled. "Wanna get eloped with me?"

Bright Mac smiled in return. "You don't have to ask me twice," he said. "Yes."

They kissed and then ran off into the sunset.