• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 1,621 Views, 14 Comments

Gremlins: A new sort of Chaos - Riddle-Me-Think



Three simple rules. that is all that is needed to be fallowed. but sometimes, things happen.

  • ...
4
 14
 1,621

Didn't fallow the rules, did you?

Chapter 4

Didn’t fallow the Rules, did you?

“It’s a Cocoon.” stated Twilight who was looking the strange green object before her. When Pinkie Pie said (in a rather fast paced way) that there was a problem and she thought it had to do something with these things. And after being urged to come and see what the whole big panic was over, Twilight was rather happy she was called to come over.

“A Cocoon? Twilight, dear, I don’t see how that could be” Mrs. Cake said to the Unicorn who was trying to get some slime off her hoof after poking it.

“Well, there’s nothing else I can think of.” Twilight told her, trying and failing to shake the slime off “That’s the only thing they could be.” she glanced over the kitchen again and could only frown at the mess. “maybe there from the Everfree and wondered into town?” she thought, trying to make sense of the whole thing.

There was silence for a time before Mrs. Cake asked “So what’ll come out?”

Twilight could only shrug and replied “I cant say for sure. I don’t know what went in, in the first place. And who knows when they’ll hatch.”

A few rapping knocks were soon heard and the call “I‘ll get it!” from Pinkie was heard before the door was opened. “Hey Fluttershy! Sorry, Sugercube Corners closed, something really weird and creepy is going on.”

Curious, both the Misses and Twilight walked out of the Kitchen to what was going on. Those Cocoons weren’t going anywhere. Besides the bare minimum for something in Cocoons to hatch needs at lest a few weeks before its ready to open. Walking thru the doors, they found Pinkie letting Fluttershy in, who was looking a bit distraught.

“O-oh, I’m sorry…I would of come latter but…” Fluttershy softly spoke, feeling bad for intruding at a bad time.

“Don’t worry Shy, why don’t you tell your Aunty Pinkie what’s wrong!” the Pink Mare said with a smile as she slung a foreleg over her friend.

Though Fluttershy wanted to point out (again) that she was older then her pink friend, she decided to let it go and speak her worries. “Well, you know how you visited my Cottage yesterday?” she was answered by a vigorous nod. “W-well… after you and Rainbow left, the three Mogwai disappeared. Then I remembered you went home with a box thins morning and rushed over to see if they were here.”

Pinkie tilted her head from side to side, wracking her brain before answering “Nope, haven’t seen ‘em.”
It was almost right there Twilight couldn’t help but feel a tingling sensation on her back. One she got when she knew had all the parts to a puzzle.

Fluttershy nodded and looked a bit down cast at what she was told “T-thank you Pinkie.” she said “I’m just so worried about them. What if they got in the sun, or got wet!”

“Or feed after midnight…” Twilight thought looking back at the kitchen doors. She could feel her eyes widen ever so slowly at that moment.

“Don’t you worry your little head, detective Pinkie Pie is on the case!” Pinkie declared, pulling a hat and magnifying glass from her Mane. She then began looking up down and all around, looking for clues.

“Umm…I don’t think you need to look far Pinkie.” Twilight said looking at the doors intently now.

All occupants in the room looked to her before asked by Mrs Cake “And why do you say that?” she felt a little out of the loop on what a Mogwai was, but she did want to know if they are the ones who ate there food. Mr. Cake was currently getting new supplies, and it would take the rest of the day to get enough things done before sunset. And they still had tomorrows’ delvers!

“Remember the Third and finale rule for them?” Twilight asked, receiving nods from only Pinkie and Fluttershy. The Unicorn took a gulp and said “I think it was broken.”

Complete silence then fell for the three, only leaving one in awkward silence.

“W-what happened to them Twilight?” Fluttershy nervously asked, seeing the worst happening in her imagination.

“well, Fluttershy.” Twilgiht began, turning to the Pegasus “they seem to be going thru some sort of metamorphosis.”

“Meta-wh-fussus?” Pinkie repeated scrunching up her face. “I thought you said they were Cocoons!” she said waving her hooves in the air in a dramatic manner.

“Yes, I did Pinkie. What I meant with Metamorphosis, was that there going thru some kind of changes.” Twilight told her as she went into a little lector.

Inside the Kitchen, unknown to the Ponies, the three Cocoons began to split and spew fog.

“These changes take time, as it changes there whole body.” echoed Twilights voice from beyond the door.

Again, another spew of the strange fog and one of them split open, letting slimed arms stretch out.

“Who knows when they’ll hatch.”

The one next to it was cut open by fin like spines, that looked like it belong to some sort of sea monster far from land.
“It could be week, month’s, or even years!”

The last was forced opened, letting red slit’s for eyes peer out. Slowly the thing walked out with the others close by. It let off a toothy grin as it spouted some glass plates.

Slowly it reached for the table with its new long muscular arms, lifting itself onto it. Around him, the other two could be heard making there way around the kitchen. He used his claws to take a hold of the top plate and inspect it before getting interrupted.

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” came one of his fellow creatures high pitched growling voice from below, trying to reach the plate he held.
He looked from the plate to him and back again. Then grinned. Lifting the plate, he brought it down, *CRASH!* smashing it on the others head.

“HEHEHEHE!!!” he laughed, pointing at his disoriented brother.

“What was that!” came Mrs. Cakes voce.

“Sounded like laughing! Is somepony having a party without me?” came Pinkies voice.

“Pinkie, who would be breaking things while having a party?” Twilight questioned her friend.

“Well parties have piñatas, DUH!” came Pinkies reply.

*CRASH!*

“Oh, for Celestia’s sakes!” Mrs. Cake growled getting past the two younger Mares and marching into the kitchen. The Foals were still sleeping, so what could-

“Ellow!” growled the creator who threw another plate, this time at Mrs. Cake who promptly screamed.

“EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!”

She ducked then jumped, doing all she could to dodge the incoming Dinning ware.

“Mrs. Cake, are you ok?!” came a yell as the doors were flung open.

“Look out!” Twilight yelled getting herself and the other two to duck right as a large knife planted itself into the door behind them. Looking up they found what could be defined as a little fiend, no make that Fiends.

They were two feet tall with green (though one was brown), scaly skin and had red eyes that slightly seemed to glow. They also has large ears that seemed to move with there expressions. There legs were shaped much like a dogs, and there arms were long, lanky and muscular. At the end of those arms were three long fingers, with seemingly just as long claws.

“AHAHAHAHA!” it laughed with fiendish laugh, taking another plate and throwing it. But this time, Twilight caught it with her Magic and threw it back, knocking it off the table.

“Fluttershy.” the said Mare seem to stiffen at the growling voice and looked to her left. Right there was another one, but with a sharp Mohawk going from his head, and down his back. He was freighting, but what was even more so was the large knife in its clawed hand. Slowly, she poked Twilights side.

She looked to her side to see what Fluttershy was bothering her about and felt her breath catch in her throat. It growled menacingly before jumping up to get them. Thinking quickly (and by panic), Twilight used a quick blast of Magic to hit it away.

“YE-HAW!” called a brown one, who was on Mrs. Cake, who was screaming and trying to buck the thing off.
“Don’t worry Misses Cake! Pinkamena Diane Pie is coming to-”

“PINKIE!!!” Mrs. Cake cut her off, trying even more desperately to get the thing off her back. She wasn’t sure how, but it was in the possession of little mallet and was trying to hit her with it.

“Oops, sorry!” she called, running off to help.

“Pinkie, becare- EEK!” Twilgiht didn’t finish what she was saying as she was tackled to the ground. On her was Fluttershy who had pushed her out of the way of more flying plates.

“HEY, DON’T DO THAT!”

Both Mares didn’t get a chance to say anything, as they were quickly distracted by the yell.

“Metal cant be put in the Microwave!”

A small explosion was heard afterwards, soon fallowed by crazy laughter.

“We need to stop them.” came Fluttershy’s quiet whisper as another knife was thrown and dogged.

“How? There completely nuts!” Twilight shouted, ducking under a flying Pie that wasn’t devoured.

*TONG!* “I got one!” called Pinkie. It was soon fallowed up by crazy giggles and a pink Mare being pulled by a large pot that went past the two. “I don’t got one!” she rectified, still being dragged on.

“Hold on Pinkie!” cried Mrs. Cake, who chased both Pinkie and the run away Pot that held the hyper Brown Creature within.

“RAWR!” Fluttershy suddenly felt some weight fall on her back, and on reflex began to run around bucking. “Fluttershy!” Twilight had acted right then and was doing all she could to get this thing off her friend. She tried pulling it off with a spell, but found it used its claws to dig into Fluttershy’s skin to stay on.

She then began to look around desperately and smiled in relief in something powerful. “Hold still Fluttershy!” Twilight called, grabbing the tool of choice with her Magic and swinging it full force.

Fluttershy was having trouble trying to listen to anything going on around her, but found herself stoping and ducking at the sight of something metallic and round, letting it fly over her head.

*PONG!*

And hit the creature, who was flung off her back. She suffered a few scratches, but they weren’t to deep. She still would need to check them latter.

“Are you ok Fluttershy?” she heard Twilight’s voice. Removing her hooves from her eyes, she saw a concerned looking Unicorn, holding an almighty Frying pan in her magical grasp. On its bottom, one could see the indents of the shocked face of the creature before it was thrown off.

“I-I-I think s-so…” she responded, still shaking from fright and adrenalin rushing thru her body.
“We got it!” Pinkie sung, as she and Mrs. Cake slid the pot along the ground. Inside they could hear insane laughter going, and the two struggled to hold it still.

“This one’s a real wiled one.” Mrs. Cake said, almost loosing grip on the pot as it jolted to the side. “I hope that’s all?”
Twilight only shook her head “Afraid not. We only caught two. You have on in there, and I knocked one out over there.” she informed them, pointing to the one currently out cold.

They looked about the Kitchen to spot the last one. But no sign could be seen of the little devil. “Twilight,” the Purple Mare looked to Mrs. Cake who looked at he in great concern and asked “What are these things?”

Taking a quick look around the mostly destroyed kitchen, and came up with only one name. one that she just happen to read about yesterday. “I don’t know, but for now, lets call them Gremlins.”

“Gremlins?” they all echoed as twilight nodded.

“There something I read about in a page. They were some sort of creature that caused nothing but trouble. Almost like miniature Discords, except with no Magic.” she said looking at the Gremlin that was still out. “These guys seem to fit the bill nicely for the description.” She then turned to them again “And one of them is loose.”

Pinkie waved a hoof and said “don’t worry Twi, if there anything like they were before this change, they cant go outside while the suns out!” with that Twilight sighed a breath of relief. This would make it so-

“Um…Pinkie. Remember what Rainbow said?” Fluttershy said, earning a confused look from the Pink Mare who soon shook her head. “She said they would be moving storm Clouds over Ponyville?”

Relief turned into panic as Twilights eyes seemed to bug out. If they were anything like there Mogwai selves that ment the clouds would keep them out of sun light. And if it rain…

“We need to find that Gremlin.” Twilight said just about a whisper. “do you know what will happen if it rains if it’s out there?”
Fluttershy felt dread wash over her at that moment, recalling what happed when Mel got wet “Oh my.” was all she could say.

All three friends then bolted around the Kitchen looking franticly for the last Gremlin. With Pinkie gone, Mrs. Cake was having trouble holding the pot down as she said with even more concern “What? What will happen if it gets wet?”

Stopping for a moment, Twilight Magicked a few bags of flower and stacked them on the pot Mrs. Cake was grasping, holding it down for her.

“From what we can tell, the Mogwai have turned into these things, and we learned the hard way that they multiply when they get wet.” Twilight told her, stacking more heavy things on the temporary prison “If one little spill of water can make three of them, what will a whole down poor do!?”

Thinking this in her mind was bad enough, but saying it aloud only made it worse. Fluttershy had trouble handling them as Mogwai, and at that time they were more harmless. Now, they tried to kill them! And they were enjoying it no less! They barley could handle the three of them, but more?

“Twilight…I found something.” Fluttershy said staring out the door leading to the rest of Sugercube.

“What is it Fluttershy?” she asked cautiously, walking next to her friend.

“The windows broken…” indeed it was. And in the shape of a Gremlin no less. And what was better, the Clouds were out, making it all dim lighting.

Twilights panic levels were now reaching an all time high. “Don’t worry Twilight!” Pinkie said with a chipper voice “We can still find him. I mean, it hast rained yet!”

As if to mock them, it thundered and began to rain. Everypony then looked to Pinkie as it to blame. She only looked between them and asked “What?”

Giving off an annoyed sigh, Twilight let herself try and relax. Things were getting bad and fast. If more of those things start to pop up, then they’ll have a major problem on there hooves. She needed to inform Celestia. If not just to let her Teacher know what was going on here in town, so things get really bad, she would be ready to assist.

“Pinkie, Fluttershy.” Twilight said now taking charge “you two go see if you can find that last Gremlin. I’m going to go and have a letter sent to the Princess. If things get out of hoof, I really would like her here to help.” the two nodded and ran out the front doors. Even if it was raining.

Twilight then looked at Mrs. Cake and said “I know you’ve been thru a lot so far today, but do you think you can watch the Gremlins we’ve caught?”

Looking from the kitchen door to Twilight she nodded “I think I can handle them from here. You just go and make sure things don’t get worse.” Twilight then gave an encouraging smile before turning around and galloping out the doors.