• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 864 Views, 82 Comments

What Lies Beneath - fic Write Off



Write-off - What Lies Beneath - Minific contest

  • ...
4
 82
 864

That little thing

“That’s right ponyfolk this party has been brought to you by ‘PP projects’. There ain’t no party like a Pinkie Pie party!” the DJ shouted.

The club exploded into mixture of cheering and a sick beat blasting from the speakers followed by a wave of ponies moving to the music. The hexagonal roof covered with mosaic trembled softly from the violence below. On this roof stood party entrepreneur: miss Pinkamena Diane Pie. She smiled weakly at the activities below.

“You’re awfully quiet today, ma’am,” Hoofbeat her personal assistant said, filling in some papers.

“Oh Hoofie, how I long to be down there, to be myself for once. I gave up so much in order to have it all.”

“I don’t see any problem if you go down there. So… why shouldn’t you?”

Pinkamena shook her head. “ I’ve built this entire company on being serious. Ponies in the biz adore and fear me. I’m not seen as the fruity little mare from Ponyville anymore. Even if I wanted I couldn’t go down there.”

“I honestly don’t see any problem.” Hoofbeat walked towards Pinkamena. “You tell me your reputation is stopping you, but PP projects is the brand for top-of-the-class parties. You’re the owner and the living rendition of PP projects. You’re Pinkie Pie.” Hoofbeat put a reassuring hoof on her shoulder. “Ma’am as your personal assistant and friend, I advise you to go down there and have some fun.” Hoofbeat turned around. “Besides I you didn’t, I would’ve invited those five VIPs for nothing.”

Pinkie turned around and looked at Hoofbeat, a small smile on her face. “Come here,” she mumbled as they hugged. “You’re the best. Thanks.”

“I didn’t do anything misses Pie. I just searched for that one thing that makes you, you. That little thing that lies beneath the harsh surface of a party tycoon. Laughter.”

Pinkie smiled undid her tie and ruffled her straight hair till it poofed out. “Now I remember why I hired you. Again tank you Hoofs.”

Pinkie dashed for the elevator, leaving Hoofbeat to watch with a bright smile on her face. “No problem Pinkie, no problem at all.”