• Published 25th Jan 2023
  • 154 Views, 0 Comments

the rising of the star - zizolid1



luna and celestia discover the crystal empire but luna discovers more

  • ...
 0
 154

chapter 1

5 years have passed since the defeat of discord and the sisters were crowned queens of Equestria but they still choose the title princess. The older sister, Celestia was crowned as the ruler of the day. The younger one was crowned as ruler during the night. Together they had created a castle in the Everfree forest where they also hid the elements of harmony to protect it from necessary evils on. The sisters defended their land from the invasion of lord Tierk, banishing him to Tartarus.

Celestia was incredible at boosting morale and improving the economy, in the span of the timeframe she made an incredible recovery from the aftermath of discord’s chaotic empire, which left nearly everything in ruin, and then proceed to bring a small city together after just a few weeks, creating the city of Canterlot, located in the middle of the Everfree forest and one of the biggest to ever exist. Celestia worked to the bone to from her city, she had walls collapse on her while building them and taught all the unicorns and pegasai the basics for defense in case of another threat that would harm the individuals

Luna, on the other hands spent her time studying the magic of the stars and thought all magic individuals of Canterlot how to control and use their magic, she helped distribute the teachings of her mentor starswirl the bearded. There was problem, as she was the one who ruled during the night very few were there learn from her, fortunately she had her sister, Celestia who learned from her to help with the improving the day.

With the second year on the horizon, Celestia and Luna, formed a festival to celebrate the incredible progress of Canterlot and the defeat of discord, they hoped it would be help give more faith and hope to their people to push forward, to continue and unify all of equestria under a peaceful twilight.

The festival started from when the sun was risen followed by a speech by Celestia “dear ponies of equestria we are united today to celebrate the great accomplishment of I and my beloved sister in defeating the tyrannical reign of Discord which was shortly followed by the attempt of tierk. We shall spend these two days to appreciate and enjoy the lack of unnecessary chaos and be free from predatory pineapples, realty-altering conjuration and flying pigs.” Everypony cheered in excitement. “Let the festival begin” announced Celestia

The festival was a success, during the day it was thriving and was full of life. As dusk approached Luna swapped places with Celestia and raised her moon with its beautiful soft shade. “Dear attendees of the festival, night has fallen as I stand where my sister sat. I hope you enjoy the beauty of the stars and the off-light of the sun.” The night brought with it many’s desire to leave as they were tired form the strikes of the day and as the younger kin could not hold themselves to see the bright night sky, the older took them with lullabies to the land of dreams. Very few stayed to study with Luna of the stars, Luna carried the power of empathy and actually preferred solitude but didn’t mind the few who stuck with her.

As dawn was approaching many woke up to view the beautiful morning twilight. Luna made her way back to her castle where she saw Celestia raise her sun. Celestia then arrived to the front to see a crowd eagerly waiting for her to speak her words of hope. “Dear ponies, stated like yesterday today we shall take gratitude in the life free of dread form chaotic powers!” and like yesterday everypony cheered

Midway through the day Celestia got a strange visit from another species of ponies. They had eyes shaped like crystals, their colors mostly covered with cooler tones, it was as if they had a layer of that gave them a cooler and transparent, sheet-of-glass, regardless of their actual colors. Celestia was very intrigued by the ponies and personally welcomed them and was beyond egger to know their origins.

“Welcome fellow travelers, the city of Canterlot is open to all who respect it.” Greeted Celestia. The travelers were left in aw twice. First with the presence of an alicorn, her beautiful white wings and horns were a spectacle beyond their world. The second was the size of their castle and the dense population of Canterlot, which they described much smaller than their homeland but nowhere near as clusterphobic. The foreign ponies decided to temporarily stay, as their new nomadic lifestyle required more effort than they anticipated.

During their visit the foreigners were surprised by the commercial power of the town, with items they considered rare being as common as the air they were breathing.

Dusk was approaching, the foreigners went to the city center to see everyone surrounding Celestia and Luna to witness the dusk ceremony, they found Luna more hospitable as she shared their similar colors, dark blue fur and near transparent outline for her mane. They were again in aw twice. First when they saw the sisters work their magic and lowering the sun bringing the moon. Second by her oddly commanding but soft voice which mixed perfectly with her cool toned wings and horn.

The visitors were pulled aside by Celestia as she tried to introduce them to Luna. Luna became curious as she started asking questions about where they came from. Hoping to expand their relations with other kingdoms. The sister then learn about the crystal empire and their upcoming ruler, king Sombra. His kingdom was located in the artic north near the foot of the east side of the mountain range that acted as border to equestrian territory.

The two sisters less than week managed to plan a trip to head north. They had left their most trusted pony in charge, Clipperchip, in a hope he would be able to rule in their absence.

The sisters began their journey. “This journey isn’t taking as long as I thought it would. We already nearing the white snow and we are close to the mountain range as well.” remarked Celestia.

“Dear sister, do I need remind you that we have wings more able than most native to them.” Responded Luna, acting as if her sister were simple-minded.

Celestia responded with slight concern “I am aware of these wings but I feel it should be further away, equestria isn’t that big is it? Either way I am surprised we didn’t discover this place sooner. Its full empire not a small village and the crystal ponies said their capital was bigger in size and we searched long and far for the elements of the pillars”.

“That too surprises me that we are this late. Do you think they were affected by discord’s reign?” asked Luna.

“I doubt that it wouldnt have been” responded Celestia with confidence “his reign covered all that an eye could see”.

“Our eyes didn’t see this place for their entire existence” responded Luna “if it was to be unaffected do you think many would have migrated to it?”

"We will need to wait and see sister.” finished Celestia

The sisters saw the foot of the northern mountains “move east sister!” yelled Luna.

Celestia a bit curious responded “I know! I know! But I just want to see what is beyond the mountains”.

Luna almost losing her patience from all the flying “only more mountains!” Celestia reluctantly followed her sister.

Within the next four hours the sisters, saw a sharp shard sticking out from the clouds. The sisters reacted quickly unfortunately for Luna, she came to an unsuccessful halt and injuring both the shard and her underwing, immobilizing her wings. Celestia was quick to grab her and bring her younger sister down to land.

As they landed, Celestia took a look at Luna’s wound “we need to treat that as soon as possible.”

Luna was dismissive of the pain “it just a scratch!”

“And it’s as big as your eyes! It will probably snap if remained untreated” exclaimed Celestia.

luna impulsively combated “You are not the one who studied healing and star prophecies.”

“Ok but what does the second part have anything to do with this.” Celestia was confused.

Luna then gave a long sigh and followed through with “what I am saying is that I will be fine for a few weeks but yes I will not recover without treatment and to do that I will require certain herbs that are impossible to find the white snow. Guess we should not have rushed the preparation for the trip.”

Celestia was still concerned for her sister “but we won’t find any capable herb merchants before the moon needs you.”

Luna stood up and pointed into the endless void of fog “we do not need to search any longer, we are within the outer premise of the empire. I saw it as crashed into the shard.”

Luna stood up as if nothing happened and started walking. “The empire is that way.” Pointing in the opposite direction they landed into. They started walking, luna struggled as she practically drag her wing through the snow, which reached their knees. After a seemingly short walk that elongated by Luna’s wound and the fog. They had reached a single flat city covered in hues of blue.