• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 554 Views, 2 Comments

The Journal of a Los Pegasus Firefighter - Kiniro



The day by day journal of pony new to the fire brigade writing his thoughts as time passes

  • ...
 2
 554

March 27th

March 27th

So today is my last day in Canterlot, and our graduation was today. It was nothing fancy, alot of ponies in dress uniform sitting in the amphitheater hearing the dean talk and have a guest speaker of the Fire Chief of Canterlot. Of course he did the usual speech of "Oh I'm so proud of all you ponies, and I'm sure you'll all make great firefighters out there!" and the other remarks of support. As if I hadn't heard that speech a million times before, you'd think someone would come up with something more original by now.

Also I wasn't to bent out of shape when I found out that my entire class was being assigned stations today, considering I didn't make many friends here. I did happen to make one friend during my stay though, a female Pegasus by the name of Ember Sky. She was a beautiful pony, admittedly my advances were in vain considering she claimed "she didn't swing that way", but that didn't matter, it was still nice to have a friend while at school. Plus not a lot of the other ponies here were really the friendly type, most seemed headstrong and arrogant. Not what I remember reading in the brochure for the Academy, but maybe I was just the unlucky one here.

But Ember ended up telling me that she had been assigned in the newly opened Fire Station 1 in Ponyville. Apparently they were in need of properly trained firefighter pegasi out in that area to help train volunteers and to properly use clouds. Mostly for producing extra water if a wagon runs out, so they can refill the tank, or be able to use it to help combat fire. Good for her, considering she was a really skilled pegasus, the job would be fitting. She had also asked me to write to her, be a pen pal once I got assigned to my station. I couldn't wait to get the news of where I'd be sent! Here's hoping I get stationed in Manehatten! /)^3^(\ I shouldn't be doing stuff like that... especially if I want to share this if I ever have any kids... I don't want to look silly...

-Red Spark