• Published 19th Dec 2022
  • 589 Views, 0 Comments

Star Wars: The Equestrian Jedi - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder returns to his home planet of Equis in hiding from the evil Galactic Empire after the end of the Clone Wars. He meets new friends after his reunion with his aunt; Celestia.

  • ...
18
 0
 589

Chapter 2: Summer Sun Celebration Preparations

A Thousand Years Later....

A unicorn mare went through a book in a library atop an ivory tower in Canterlot. "Ah," the mare said. "The Elements of Harmony, see; Mare in the Moon." She flipped to the page. she wanted to read while her little dragon assistant had a look of concern.

"Mare in the Moon?" the dragon asked. "But that is just an old ponies' tale."

"The Mare in the Moon, myth from olden pony times. A powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria, defeated by the Elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the moon. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about nighttime eternal!" The mare gasped. "Spike! Do you know what this means?"

"No."

"Take a note, Spike." Spike took out a scroll and a quill. "My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster!"

"Hold on. Preci...preci..."

"Threshold."

"Threh..."

"Uh, brink? Ugh, that something really bad is about to happen! For you see, the mythical Mare in the Moon is in fact Nightmare Moon, and she's about to return to Equestria, and bring with her eternal night! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

"Twi...light Spar...kle. Got it!" Spike finished writing the note.

"Great! Send it."

"Now?"

"Of course!"

"Uh, I dunno, Twilight, Princess Celestia's a little busy getting ready for the Summer Sun Celebration. And it's like, the day after tomorrow."

"That's just it, Spike. The day after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the Summer Sun Celebration! It's imperative that the Princess is told right away!"

"Impera...Impera..."

"Important!"

"Okay, okay!" Spike then used his magic fire breath to send the letter to Celestia. "There, it's on its way. But I wouldn't hold your breath..."

"Oh, I'm not worried, Spike. The Princess trusts me completely. In all the years she's been my mentor she's never once doubted me." Spike belched out a letter from Celestia with a reply. "See? I knew she would want to take immediate action." Spike cleared his throat before reading.

"My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely...but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books!" Twilight gasped at the reply from Celestia.


On a chariot ride leaving Canterlot, Spike still had the same letter in hand as he continued to read it to Twilight. "My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying, so I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location: Ponyville," he read. "And, I have an even more essential task for you to complete: make some friends!" Twilight groaned. "You will find a friend of mine in town who will also help you. His name is...Starwalker." Twilight gasped at the name.

"Say that again?" Twilight said.

"Uh, Starwalker?"

"Oh my gosh! The Starwalker? I have heard stories about him. Some say that he was taken as a little colt off planet and then returned years later after some war he fought in." Twilight then shook her head from the thought. "But it still doesn't change the fact the prediction of the Mare in the Moon might return."

"Well ,look on the bright side, Twilight. The Princess arranged for you to stay in a library. Doesn't that make you happy?"

"Yes, yes it does. You know why? Because I'm right! I'll check on the preparations as fast as I can, then get to the library to find some proof of Nightmare Moon's return."

"Then... when will you make friends, like the Princess said?"

"She said to check on preparations. I am her student, and I'll do my royal duty, but the fate of Equestria does not rest on me making friends." The chariot carrying Twilight and Spike land at Ponyville. The two jumped off. "Thank you, sirs." The two royal guards saluted as Twilight and Spike entered town.

"Maybe the ponies in Ponyville have interesting things to talk about. Come on, Twilight, just try!" Twilight noticed a pink pony and walked up to her.

"Uh...hello?" The pink pony gasped dramatically and speeds off. "Well, that was interesting all right." Spike sighed. "Is there a meeting point for Starwalker to be at for us?"

"It says that he should be--"

"You must be Celestia's student?" a voice asked. Twilight turned to see the stallion himself. The same mask and armor as the book she once read at Canterlot described. "Twilight Sparkle, right?"

"And you must be the legendary Jedi; Starwalker?" Twilight said. "I must say, it is an honor to finally meet a legendary warrior like yourself." She lowered her head for a bow.

"Maybe we should get to know one another as we go through preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. Come. Your dragon friend should also have a list of places to go." Twilight and Spike followed Starwalker around town as they went to their first destination.


As the three were approaching their destination, Twilight decieed to ask a question to Starwalker. "If I may ask, what made you leave Equestria?" she asked.

"To be honest, I wasn't given much choice of leaving my home," Starwalker explained. "You see, I have heard that Jedi had to take young ones from their families to prevent attachments to the ones who the person cared about and it disrupt their training and can lead to the dark side."

"That's sad," Spike said. "Did you remember anything about yours?" Starwalker stopped and looked at the blue sky for a moment.

"No." Starwalker then shook his head as he realized that they arrived at their first stop. Spike looked at his list.

"Summer Sun Celebration official overseer's checklist. Number one, banquet preparations: Sweet Apple Acres." Cheering was heard form a pony wearing a hat who was kicking a tree to make some apples fall into the basket.

"Good afternoon," Twilight greeted. "My name is Twilight Sparkle--" She was interrupted when she felt a strong grip on her hoof from the mare shaking hers really fast.

"Well, howdy-doo, Miss Twilight, a pleasure makin' your acquaintance," the mare greeted. "Well, howdy-doo, Miss Twilight, a pleasure makin' your acquaintance." Applejack looks at Starwalker and smiled. "I didn't know you were friends with the legendary Jedi."

"We actually just met."

"So, what can I do you for?"

"Well, I am in fact here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And you're in charge of the food?"

"We sure as sugar are! Would you care to sample some?"

"As long as it doesn't take too long..." A triangle then starts to ring.

"Soup's on, everypony!" A large group of earth ponies arrived to meet Twilight with some food. "Now, why don't I introduce y'all to the Apple family? This here's Apple Fritter. Apple Bumpkin. Red Gala. Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp...Big Macintosh, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith. Up'n'attem, Granny Smith, we got guests." Granny Smith was sitting on her rocking chair asleep until she heard Applejack calling her name.

"What?" Granny Smith asked. "Soups on? I'm up, here I come, I'm coming."

"Why, I'd say you're already part of the family!" Twilight nervously laughed.

"Okay, well, I can see the food situation is handled, so we'll be on our way."

"Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?" Applebloom asked. Starwalker walked up next to Twilight.

"Come on, Twilight," Starwalker said. "Just at least give them a chance." Twilight sighed.

"Fine," Twilight said, grudgingly. The Apple family then cheered after she accepted the invitation.


The three then went back into town to go down the list. "Food's all taken care of, next is weather," Spike said. Twilight was still full from all of the pies she ate at Sweet Apple Acres.

"I ate too much pie," Twilight said.

"Hmm, there's supposed to be a Pegasus pony named Rainbow Dash clearing the clouds."

"As long as she is not trying to practice doing tricks in the sky in the process," Starwalker added.

"Well, she's not doing a very good job then, is she?" Twilight asked until a rainbow maned pegasus accidentally crashes on Twilight into mud.

"Uh, excuse me?" the pegasus said. "Let me help you." She then brought a rain cloud and bounced on it to pour rain on Twilight. Her mane got all wet in the process. Starwalker tried to hide his chuckles. "Oops, I guess I overdid it. Um, uh, how about this? My very own patented Rain-Blow Dry!" The pegasus then flew around Twilight to dry her up. She then landed in front of her. "No no. Don't thank me. You're quite welcome." She then noticed Twilight's mane and tail all puffy. She then snickered and started laughing along with Spike and Starwalker.

"Let me guess. You're Rainbow Dash?"

"The one and only. Why, you heard of me?"

"I have," Starwalker said. "Fastest flyer in Equestria."

"Bingo!"

"And was supposed to be keeping the sky clear." Twilight sighed. "I'm Twilight Sparkle, and the Princess sent me to check on the weather." Rainbow was now laying down on a cloud relaxing.

"Yeah, yeah, that'll be a snap. I'll do it in a jiffy. Just as soon as I'm done practicing."

"Practicing for what?"

"The Wonderbolts! They're gonna perform at the Celebration tomorrow, and I'm gonna show 'em my stuff!"

"I should've known," Starwalker said.

"The Wonderbolts?" Twilight asked.

"Yep!" Rainbow said.

"The most talented flyers in all of Equestria?"

"That's them!"

"Oh, please. They'd never accept a pegasus who can't even keep the sky clear for one measly day."

"Hey, I could clear this sky in ten seconds flat."

"Be careful issuing challenges with Rainbow Dash, Twilight," Starwalker said.

"Prove it," Twilight said, ignoring Starwalker.

"Didn't say I warned you." Rainbow dashed around clearing clouds while Starwalker looked at his timer. When she stopped, he stopped his timer and looked at it to reveal that she cleared the sky in ten seconds exactly.

"What'd I say?" Rainbow reassured. "Ten. Seconds. Flat. I'd never leave Ponyville hanging. You should see the look on your face. You're a laugh, Twilight Sparkle. I can't wait to hang out some more. See you at the celebration, Starwalker! Get an autograph ready for me!" Rainbow flew away from the trio as Starwalker waved.

"Wow, she's amazing!" Spike said.

"Shall we move on?" Starwalker asked.


Arriving inside town hall, the three were looking at the decorations that were already put up inside. "Decorations," Spike said before looking at someone across from him. "Beautiful..."

"Yes, the decor is coming along nicely," Twilight said. "This ought'a be quick. I'll be at the library in no time. Beautiful indeed."

"Not the decor, her!" Spike pointed towards the unicorn with a curly purple mane and tail using her magic to look at some ribbons.

"No, no, no, oh!" the unicorn said as she went through each ribbon. "Goodness no." Spike adjusted himself.

"How are my spines? Are they straight?" Twilight rolled her eyes with a smile while Starwalker placed his hoof on Spike's shoulder.

"A beauty, isn't she?" Starwalker whispered. "Rarity is popular here in Ponyville, you know." He then stepped up next to Twilight.

"Good afternoon--" Twilight greeted.

"Just a moment, please!" Rarity said. "I'm 'in the zone', as it were." Starwalker slowly shook his head with a smile behind his mask as he walked up to Rarity while using the Force to levitate a shiny red ribbon towards her.

"Try this one, my dear," Starwalker said as Rarity examined the ribbon.

"Oh, yes! Sparkle always does the trick, does it not? Why, Starwalker, you are a lifesaver! Now, um, how can I help you--" She yelped at the sight of Twilight's mane and tail. "Oh my stars, darling! Whatever happened to your coiffure?!"

"Oh, you mean my mane?" Twilight asked. "Well, it's a long story. I'm just here to check on the decorations, and then I'll be out of your hair!"

"Out of my hair? What about your hair?!" Rarity moves Twilight out of town hall.

"Wait! Where are we going?! Help!"


At the Carousel Boutique, Rarity lets Twilight try on some outfits after fixing her mane and tail. She looked at Starwalker and asked, "Where did you say she was from?"

"She has been sent from Canterlot to help me with the--" Starwalker said before Rarity gasped.

"Canterlot?! Oh, I am so envious! The glamour, the sophistication! I have always dreamed of living there! I can't wait to hear all about it! We are gonna be the best of friends, you and I."

"Rarity?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think emerald goes well with that outfit?"

"Emeralds?! What was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies!" Twilight decided to sneak out with Starwalker and Spike who was so stunned by Rarity's beauty.


Their last stop was at a park in Ponyville. Spike was now on Twilight's back still remembering Rarity. "Wasn't she wonderful?" he asked.

"Focus, Casanova," Twilight reassured. "What's next on the list?" Spike looked at the list.

"Oh, uh, music! It's the last one!" A birdsong fanfare was then heard in the distance. The three looked to see a yellow pegasus tending to the birds who were practicing.

"Oh my," the pegasus said. "Um, stop please, everyone, umm. Excuse me, sir? I mean no offense, but your rhythm is just a teeny-tiny bit off. Now, follow me, please. A-one, a-two, a-one two three-"

"Hello!" Twilight greeted which made the pegasus yelp and scare off the birds. "Oh my, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten your birds. I'm just here to check up on the music and it's sounding beautiful." There was a pause as the pegasus looked a little nervous. "I'm Twilight Sparkle. What's your name?"

"Um...I'm Fluttershy." Fluttershy's voice was quiet as Twilight barely heard her answer.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"She said her name is Fluttershy," Starwalker reassured as he walked up to Fluttershy. "Don't be afraid, my friend." She quietly squeaked at the presence of the legendary Jedi of Equestria and blushed.

"Well, um, it looks like your birds are back, so I guess everything's in order. Keep up the good work!" Fluttershy squeaked again quietly until she noticed Spike on Twilight's back and gasped.

"A baby dragon!" She bumped past Twilight and got a closer look at Spike. "Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before. He's so cute!"

"Well, what do we have here?" Starwalker said. "An admirer perhaps?"

"Well, well, well," Spike said.

"Oh my, he talks. I didn't know dragons could talk. That's just so incredibly wonderful I, I just don't even know what to say!" Twilight used her magic to levitate Spike and put him on her back.

"Well, in that case we'd better be going," Twilight said as she carried Spike to the library. Fluttershy followed.

"Wait, wait! What's his name?"

"I'm Spike," Spike said.

"Hi Spike, I'm Fluttershy. Wow, a talking dragon! And what do dragons talk about?"

"Well, what do you wanna know?"

"Absolutely everything." Twilight quietly groaned as Spike talked about his life. Starwalker quietly laughed as he listened as well.