• Published 15th Dec 2022
  • 962 Views, 111 Comments

Fate of the Legion: Light and Dark - SamSwordsman123



After being released from their stone prison by the real Grogar, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow faced two optional fates. Follow the aftermaths of both versions of these fates.

  • ...
4
 111
 962

Light Chapter 7: Epilogue

Author's Note:

Well, I expect this will be shorter than the other chapters but it's probably to be expected since this is the ending part taking place several years after each of their chapter's end. This ends the light saga and now just the 3 chapters of dark and we are finished.

Years went by as the three former villains lived their lives in their own ways. Once a moon however, they decided to get together and catch up. They occasionally visited their former enemies though that was rare.

Chrysalis had tried to make peace with Starlight. Unfortunately, her past crimes had been great, as Chrysalis had kidnapped Starlight’s own daughter. Starlight acknowledged that she was glad Chrysalis had finally seen the light, but any time where they might have been able to be friends had passed after that. Chrysalis had nodded and agreed but thanked Starlight for showing her a better way even if it was too late.

Chrysalis participated in the activities of her former subjects and even saved two young changelings from a Bug Bear that was in the woods nearby. She managed to rebuild her connection to the others and was elected as the new ruler to last for a few decades like Thorax had. She smiled as she stood on the stage looking at her newly reacquired subjects. But this time, she would lead them well and kindly.

Tirek lived out his days as a hermit, traveling the world. He didn’t do much in the way of protecting ponies or other creatures, but he did help out once and a while when he happened upon a pony with a broken cart or something like that. He even took in a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest and been left behind by its mother. He fed it and gave it water until it was old enough to fly and let it go out to be free. Tirek smiled as the bird flew off, though was sad.

Cozy Glow continued her work as a police deputy and managed to save many over the years in various things that went on when criminals, fires, or other bad things happened. She was even given a statue of herself in Manehattan in acknowledgement of her heroism. It depicted her in her police uniform with the badge on her chest. She smiled at it when it was unveiled, feeling that she had finally made up for all the things she had done as a filly.

One day though, in the distant future, she Chysalis, and Tirek all gathered in Canterlot for a large funeral. The joint funeral of their former enemies, Twilight and all her main friends including Spike and Discord had passed away. Discord had bound all their life forces together so that when one of them died all of them would. From what the former villains had gathered Twilight had been working to get rid of her immortality so she wouldn’t outlive her friends. She had done it when she transferred her power over the sun and moon to Luster Dawn who was now the ruler of Equestria addressing the crowd for the funeral.

“The journey of my mentor, Twilight Sparkle, as well as her closest friends has come to an end. But even though they are gone, we shall carry on their mission and tell their story for generations to come. Whenever you need to be reminded of the importance of friendship, look back at their story and remember them. They will live forever in the lessons of the Magic of Friendship.”

It was a beautiful speech. Many ponies wore forlorn expression as the greatest heroes of their age were laid to rest. Chrysalis looked around and saw Starlight in the crowd. The now elderly unicorn nodded to Chrysalis who nodded back. They didn’t approach each other but the acknowledgement was enough for them. The ponies and other creatures went up to the graves of the Mane 6 as well as Spike and Discord. The villains waited until everypony else had left. Luster Dawn was the last to go with her husband Prince Gallop, their children Sunrunner and Dawnfry, and her student Evening Tide. Once they were alone, they approached the graves, looking at Twilight’s mainly.

“Well, you are finally gone, huh Twilight?” Tirek said.

“I wanted to be the one to do it a long time ago,” Chrysalis said. “But now that you are gone, I’m a little sad. Never thought I’d say that.”

Cozy Glow sniffed slightly. “Goodbye, Professor Sparkle. Thank you for everything and making me see the light. I hope we’ll see you again in the next life. If there is one and I’m not sent to the place where bad ponies go.”

“You’ve probably done more good than I have,” Tirek said. “You two are more likely to be forgiven in the afterlife.”

“Well, whatever comes… I’m happy with the way things turned out,” Chrysalis said. “I have my hive back and I’ll be ruler for a time.”

“And I’m gonna keep defending ponies, until the day I can’t,” Cozy said.

They looked up at the sky, wondering if their former adversaries were watching them from the heavens. Then they turned away and went their separate ways once again. One day their time would come too, but until then they would continue to do good in their own various ways.