• Published 15th Dec 2022
  • 999 Views, 111 Comments

Fate of the Legion: Light and Dark - SamSwordsman123



After being released from their stone prison by the real Grogar, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow faced two optional fates. Follow the aftermaths of both versions of these fates.

  • ...
4
 111
 999

Dark Chapter 3: Attack On the Great and Powerful

Cozy Glow seemed to have lost any pursuers that might have been following her. She was nearly there.

“Almost at Ponyville,” she said to herself. “But what am I gonna do? Huh Chrysalis?”

“Destroy Starlight Glimmer! That’s what you must do Cozy!” Cozy said in an imitation of Chrysalis.

“I can’t do that!” Cozy objected to herself. “Starlight’s way too powerful! And so is Discord. I may be a real grown up now but I’m not stupid.”

“Grow some backbone! Avenge us! Even if it kills you!” She said as Chrysalis.

“You’re right! I don’t care if I live anymore! I just want to make everyone who took you guys suffer!”

“Then I suggest you target their loved ones!” She said pulling her mane in a way that it resembled Tirek’s horns. “Make them suffer! Make them wish they were destroyed!”

“Yes!” Cozy grinned. “Then I’ll grant their wishes!”

She laughed evilly. Then she saw Ponyville. It was time to begin her quest of revenge. But who to target first? Starlight and Discord were the ones that had taken Chrysalis and Tirek from her. But she would target their loved ones first like she’d said. Cozy knew that Starlight had a daughter in Luster Dawn, but Luster had been the one to defeat Grogar by herself. That one was out as well. There was also Sunburst, which could work and… Trixie!

“Ha, Trixie is probably the easiest victim!” Cozy said.

Cozy stayed a distance outside of Ponyville for a while. After nearly conquering Equestria three times it was a safe bet that most if not every pony or creature would recognize her. She didn’t have Sombra and Grogar to cast an illusion or aging spell on her now to help her avoid detection. She snuck around and hid in the trees of the Everfree forest. Finally, she made it to some that were close to the School of Friendship. Trixie was here, and so was Starlight and the Young 6 most likely. Cozy growled at the thought of them. They’d been the ones to defeat her back when she’d first tried to conquer Equestria. If it weren’t for them, she would be the Empress of Friendship right now and ruling Equestria herself.

“I’ll add them to my revenge list as well!” she stated before looking. “Okay, the sun is getting low on the horizon so school should be letting out pretty soon. I’ll wait till Trixie comes out and then get her!”

A few minutes later the bell rang and students began to flood the pathway leading up to the school. Cozy spotted members of the Young 6 coming out as well. Though Trixie was not among them. Cozy growled. She was probably staying late to talk with Starlight and/or Sunburst. She needed to find a good place to ambush Trixie. But where?

Looking around, Cozy saw the Castle of Friendship. Trixie was living there with Starlight now if she recalled correctly. She grinned. She’d go there and wait. Cozy flew over and quickly got in through the windows.

She listened carefully, hearing no creature nearby. Checking the open side of the castle she’d flown through she saw no creature looking up either. She was safe. Checking the doors, she found one with an old magician hat that she recognized as Trixie’s from years ago. The blue mare didn’t wear it anymore but kept it as a memento. Cozy grinned and entered the room, her spear getting caught for a moment in the doorway. She grunted and readjusted it so she could enter then closed the door. This was Trixie’s room, so she just had to lie and wait until her prey arrived. It might be soon, or it might be a couple hours.

It turned out to be the latter. Cozy was tapping her hoof impatiently, almost ready to go and hunt for anyone in the castle until a set of voices nearby.

“You’re sure about this Luster?” the voice asked.

“Yes, Aunt Trixie,” Luster Dawn’s voice said. “Princess Twilight said that Cozy Glow has escaped!”

Cozy Glow frowned. Those guards must have reported to Twlight she had escaped.

“And your coronation as the next ruler is just a few weeks away!” Trixie said.

“What?” Cozy exclaimed. “Luster Dawn is gonna be a ruler?”

“I hope this doesn’t cause any trouble for that!” Luster’s voice said. “I mean, I’m not sure that I should be the one to take over for Princess Twilight, but she says I can do it.”

“I’m sure you can manage,” Trixie said. “Well, I’m sure we’ll find Cozy Glow sooner or later. See you at dinner.”

The hoof falls were right outside the door which glowed blue as they opened. Trixie Lulamoon entered the room with a smile that vanished upon seeing the pony in her room. Cozy grinned.

“Hello Counselor Trixie!” Cozy Glow said as she launched the spear.

A scream sounded from behind Luster as she walked toward the kitchen of the castle to make a few snacks. Her friends were on their way here to hang out and she wanted them to have something to eat. But the sound drove her attention away from that.

“Aunt Trixie?” she asked in concern turning back toward her Aunt/Godmare’s room just in time to see it spring open.

A cream-colored mare with a curly light blue mane and a red tower for a cutie mark emerged. Luster Dawn felt her blood freeze as she saw one of the villains that had kidnapped her before her battle with Grogar years ago. Cozy Glow, here? The mare carried a spear that was like those used by the royal guards of Canterlot and it was dripping blood! Cozy didn’t look at Luster, instead running the other way where the castle was open and could be flown into. As she saw the blood, horror entered Luster’s heart.

“Aunt Trixie!” Luster screamed in fear.

She ran into her Aunt’s room and saw her on the floor of her room, bleeding badly from a stab wound.

“No!” Luster screamed as tears fell from her eyes.

Her Aunt was still breathing faintly, but that was Luster’s only comfort. The Alicorn ran to Trixie’s side, hoping she could still save her.

Author's Note:

Wow, that’s scary. I think I made this chapter dark enough. What do you guys think? Don’t worry, Trixie has plot armor since she appears in the final chapters of Luster Dawn New Days so Luster and her friends will use the healing version of the friendship magic to save her, probably offscreen… er, page. Just two more chapters to go and they should be out this Friday and Saturday.