• Published 4th Oct 2012
  • 1,004 Views, 14 Comments

Recovery - FanofAwesomeness

  • ...
1
 14
 1,004

Addmission

"Now you're just going to give my job away?" said the imaginary pony. "That makes me feel bad."

"Oh shut up," Rainbow told him. "You're not helping."

"What's it telling you?" Nightwolf asked.

"That he feels bad because now I'm talking to you about my problems instead of him."

"Hey!" screamed the imaginary pony. "Why don't you just go into one of those places with the padded rooms and wait for me to dissapear," he sarcastically.

"Ignore it," Nightwolf said. "It'll disappear if you ignore it."

"It was disappearing when I asked it complex questions before," Rainbow mentioned. "He just suggested that I go to the town institution. But he wasn't being serious."

"The institution isn't a bad place to go," Nightwolf said. "But I wouldn't count on it working. It didn't work for me the first time."

"What did happen to you?" Rainbow asked.

"It was when I saw our parents die," Nightwolf said. "Traumatic events are what trigger psyche-cracks. When I saw tham die, I just snapped. I was talking to imaginary ponies. I was interacting with them. My foster parents put me in the tribe institution. It was the only building out there. When I got in there, they got worse. I started seeing false environments. I began to completely lose it. That's when tey stated giving me the medication. I've been taking it ever since."

"I didn't know," Rainbow said. "Is there any othe way to stop these things?"

"There are a few," imagnary pony 1 said.

"But the medications are recommended," said a second.

"The only other ways to get rid of them is through different kinds of death," Nightwolf said. "So really, no. The medications aren't that bad once you get used to them."

"Where is the institution?" Rainbow asked. "I'm going in."

"I'll take you there," Nightwolf said. "It's always easier if somepony you know is there."

So they left Nightwolf's house on their way to the only institution within city limits. It wasn't too far from Nightwolf's house, but it was still pretty far away from town. If her friends came to visit her, it would be a long walk.

When the two siblings arrived, Rainbow first noticed the size of the building. The place was huge. The second thing she noticed was that it was a former prison. The bricks had been painted over but thee were still signs of damage on the outer walls. The windows on the lower floors were barred. "Have they ever dealt with a pegasi before?" she asked. "It doesn't look very secure on the higher floors."

"It's plenty secure for mental patients," Nightwolf said. "I checked out the place as soon as I could when I found out about your condition. All you have to do now is walk in there and say that you need to be admitted in and they will let you in. Then you can legally leave whenever you want because you checked yourself in. It's kinda like a hotel."

"It's that easy?" Rainbow asked. "How do they know you're telling the truth?"

"They don't," Nightwolf said. "They just issue you a room and you get a bed and a few games. It's a nice place."

"Sounds it," Rainbow said. As she started walking toward the door, she noticed Nightwolf hesitate. "Are you coming with me or not?"

"I'm coming," he said. "I just had a bit of a flashback."

"About what?"

"Nothing of importance," he said. "Let's just get this done."

"Shouldn't I be the nervous one?" Rainbow pointed out. "I'm the one that's going into the rooms."

"Just forget about it," Nightwolf said.

"If you say so," Rainbow replied.

"He's hiding something from you," said Rainbow's imaginary therapist. "You need to find out what."

"Shut up," she told the hallucination. "You need to dissapear before we get into the hospital. They don't need a demonstration."

"You need to get away from this place!" he screamed, causing Rainbow to jump a little. "This place will end up killing you! It's methods are old fashioned and dangerous!"

"Go away," Rainbow told him.

"Is it that one that you were talking to when I walked in?" Nightwolf asked. "What's he saying?"

"He's saying to leave," Rainbow said. "That the methods are going to kill me."

Nightwolf answered her with silence. As they approached the doors, the imagined pony stood in front of her. "Don't go in," he said, fear in his expression. "It's a bad place."

Rainbow ignored him and walked into the large building. The air inside was cold and metallic. The cheery outside was extremely misleading to the depressing inside. All of the rooms were shut with steel doors that apperared to lock from the outside.

"Hello," said the receptionist. "How may I help you?"

"My name is Rainbow Dash," Rainbow said, looking at her brother.

"She's going to ask for your condition as well," he whispered int his sister's ear. "Tell them that you're a 'paranoid schizophrenic'. It'll get you a better room."

"What is your purpose for being here?" asked the receptionist.

"I need to be admitted into this place," Rainbow said.

"What is your condition?"

"I'm a paranoid schizophrenic," Rainow said, repeating the phrase her brother had told her.

"Well," the receptionist said, a little too cheery to be genuine. "Welcome to the institution, Miss Dash. My name is Donnie. Let's get you a nice, comfy room, shall we?"

"I'll come check on you tomorrow, sis," Nightwolf said, leaving the institution.

Once he had left, the nurse slapped a ring onto Rainbow's right foreleg. "What's that for?" she asked.

"Our security has outmatched the royal guard," Donnie said. Her demeanor had changed completely. "Now let's get you to your room so we can begin treatment."

Author's Note:

If anyone spots the very subtle reference and can tell me the show and episode, I will feature your OC in a later story.