• Published 5th Dec 2022
  • 108 Views, 2 Comments

An Aita Hearth's Warming - AizakkuHorooee



At Twilight's suggestion, Aita goes to Areola and Chrysalis for company. But when storytelling goes wrong, Areola and Twilight are called to solve the resulting friendship problem.

  • ...
 2
 108

Chapter I

Well, it’s finally that time of year. I have been looking forward to this ever since I adopted Aita. And this will be his first time entirely in Equestria.

Three years ago was me and Spike’s first Hearth’s Warming in the castle, then the year after added Starlight, and finally Aita joined last minute last year. I couldn’t be happier that we’re all going to be here together. This upcoming Hearth’s Warming party has everyone invited. I even snuck in an RSVP with one of Matilda's friends just for Aita.

But I have noticed something. Ever since his semester ended last week, Aita’s been really quiet. So quiet in fact that he hasn’t said a single word since this Tuesday. Every time I see him, he’s glued to the games he brought with him. He hasn’t even talked to Starlight or Spike, not even Lightning Dust when I tried to get her to talk to him.

My best bet is to talk to my friends about this.

So late-week just started as I head into the throne room in the morning. When I enter, Spike, Starlight and the rest of my friends have gathered around.

I sigh in relief. “Oh good. Everyone’s here.”

“Is everything alright, sugar cube?” Applejack asks.

“Not quite; I needed your input. See, Aita’s been quiet ever since school got out for the holidays, and he hasn’t talked to me, Spike or Starlight in days. Not even Lightning Dust could break him out of this.”

Fluttershy puts a hoof on the map table. “Do you think it has to do with inviting Kevin?”

“I never told Aita about that.”

“What about his past?” inquires Rarity. “Do you think losing Carina might contribute to that? She was his biological mother after all.”

“Well, don’t be so sure about it until you talk to him, Twilight,” Rainbow Dash points out.

“But I tried to, and he just won’t answer.”

Pinkie Pie grabs me by the shoulders. “Did you even? Not much use getting another friend to try and break him out of that trance. You adopted him. YOU should get his attention, not us, Carve, Sunset, Areola, Bow, Windy, Discord or whoever else he made friends with.”

“Pinkie Pie’s right,” Starlight replies. “Nopony knows Aita better than you; not even Spike and I do.”

“Alright guys. I believe you. I’ll find Aita and talk to him.”

And so, everyone - including me - leaves the throne room, off to do their own thing.


As I walk the halls, I hear wind sounds playing in one of the rooms. I open the door and see Aita in his room and on the bed, playing with his DS. His wings seem less visible than they usually are. He seems to be playing Pokemon Soul Silver as the main character in that game is seemingly on a mountain with someone in similar attire. I see the background change as well as the perspective as battle music begins.

When the battle in the game is over - and the main character wins, Aita sighs and sets the DS down on his bed, letting the credits roll.

I decide to come in, sit down next to Aita and wrap my wing over him, who now looks to me.

“Twilight?”

“Hey Aita. You’ve been awful quiet. Is something bothering you?”

“No, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure about that? We’re as close as crossed feathers. If there is something bothering you, you really should tell me. Isn’t that the reason Starlight reconciled with Firelight?”

“But nothing is bothering me… I’m fine.”

Aita picks the DS back up with his magic and switches cartridges. The game he’s playing now appears to be Planet Puzzle League, the other game he brought with him when he first moved here. I decide to use my own magic to close the DS and put it in the drawer in the side-table, which I hold with my hoof.

“Sorry Aita, but I can’t talk to you if you’re glued on there twenty four seven. I could tell something is making you upset. You’re not usually this quiet. But I’m not going to know for sure what unless you say so.”

Aita looks away from me, starting to tear up.

“Come on, Aita. You can tell me. We’re family.”

Aita proceeds to bury his face in my neck, making me feel tears dripping on the floor. “I… I’m feeling… homesick…” Aita barely manages to say in between sobs.

“Homesick? You… you miss Wisconsin?”

Aita nods sadly, rubbing up on my neck by doing so. “...and Mom.”

“...I knew this moment would come. I just didn’t think it be the week before Hearth’s Warming… Aita… I just want you to know that it’s okay to feel homesick. I missed the Golden Oak Library when I first got this place, and even Canterlot when I first came to Ponyville. You’re telling the right pony if you’re telling me. I’m here for you, Aita.”

Aita looks up at me. “R-really? Th… Thanks, Twilight…”

“Maybe after this, you could talk with Chrysalis and Areola. They’d probably have something to talk about to lift your spirits. What do you say you spend some time with them?”

Aita faces the ground, thinking about it, then smiles for the first time since last week. “Yeah… I’d like that.” Suddenly, his stomach starts growling, obviously from him feeling homesick and not having very much else on his mind, thus unable to share love as much as he usually can.

“Maybe a cuddle from me might help that.”

I get upon the bed and lie down at the edge, that way Aita doesn’t have to look at much else. I wrap my hoof around him and pull him close. We finally share a nuzzle together, prompting his wings to glow.

Now that Aita is back to full energy, I let go and get off the bed. “You know how to get there, right?” Aita nods at me. “I’ll be home when you get back.”

“Okay… Thanks for coming to me when I needed it.”

“Any time, Aita.”

As I walk into the hallway, I hear the same shimmering and crackling sounds associated with teleporting.