• Published 20th Nov 2022
  • 7,004 Views, 765 Comments

Summoning Equestria: Arrival - NicieLunar



Equestria and the Crystal Empire were teleported to Earth, how will they survive?

  • ...
57
 765
 7,004

Confusion

Author's Note:

Flowbux the Editor is here with more editing updates. As you can tell, earlier chapters are being edited for the sake of this story. It will take a long time so bear with me here.

2023-02-07

PS: The Equestrians may seem to speak in Latin from the reader's perspective, but it's an entirely new language.

Author's notes : I want to explain that Equestria is a Techno-Magic based civilization, they have access to modern level science and millennium more advance in magic.


=///Canterlot ///=

Celestia sat in a special room on the west side of the castle. The room was filled with bureaucrats, advisors, military officers, and several nobles. The reason as to why many important figures were in a room was because they were discussing about the flash of light that affected everypony in their nation.

"All of this must be the fault of those disgusting griffons! They've always hated us ponies..." One of the nobles said in disgust.

"No way! Last month, her highnesses and Emperor Erokar had signed a non-aggression pact!" one bureaucrat replied.

"If it were not the griffons, perhaps maybe the dragons then?" Another noble asked. Princess Celestia nodded her head in disagreement.

"That's highly unlikely. I visited the Dragonic Kingdom last Sunday and opened a trade agreement with them. They have no reason to do such an act upon us." Celestia said. As the group of ponies spoke amongst each other, a military officer piped in.

"Sorry for interrupting, Your Highness, I just received news that communications with the Crystal Empire have been re-established. From the reports I've received, they say that they too experienced the same thing. A momentary flash of light engulfed them and now they have lost all contact with the neighboring country; the Republic of Yayakistan."

Princess Celestia was glad to hear that communications with the Crystal Empire had been re-established, but that raised some questions for Celestia, why were they the only ones that can come in contact with?

"If that's so, are there any other countries or kingdoms that have received our transmissions? Surely with the Crystal Empire being back in communications with us, any other country and kingdom would have done the same." Celestia said. The military officer simply looked down for a bit, a look of sadness can be seen before looking back at Princess Celestia.

"I'm terribly sorry, Your Highness, but until now, no other country has received our transmission. We tried to contact the civilian line, but they were also not found, they all fell silent..." He replied. The others in the room seemed disappointed with the news. How is it possible that only the Crystal Empire was able to establish communications with them? Before they could continue asking, the military officer spoke up once more.

"Though... we received mysterious signals that we cannot understand. They use radio frequencies such as us, but there's something nopony can interpret." The pony military officer said. This caught Celestia and the other's attention. What could he mean by that?

"What exactly do you mean that nopony can interpret?" Celestia asked curiously.

Your Highness, all the signals that we managed to intercept all use languages that we cannot understand. We've checked the books, we've asked linguists from nearby areas, but none of them can understand a thing the voices say. I have a recording here if you want to see what I mean..."

The pony officer reached into his saddle bag before pulling out a recorder. He set down the recorder on the table and started playing the recording.

"大家早上好,这里是华南新闻,今天有重要消息要告诉大家!", 有人说这是美国的核袭击,但没有确切的答案!

"Это новости времени Владивостока, сегодня утром в Тихом океане появилась загадочная вспышка света, правительство России все еще пытается ее идентифицировать"

Ei pessoal, o que está acontecendo, há uma boa chance de um nuclear ter feito isso em s..olo americano, ainda estamos tentando verificar isso!

"(This is CNN. As of minutes ago, a mysterious 'flash of light' had blinded everyone's vision this morning. The U.S. Government still hasn't commented about this anomaly, but there are many who speculate that this was a nuclear attack launched by North Korea. Though, this was proven wrong as there were no traces of radiation anywhere.)"

All the ponies in the room were dumbfounded by what they just heard, even Celestia was utterly shocked by this. During the millennium of her life, she has traveled and visited all countries/kingdoms around the world. She had also learned all the languages ​​that all beings in the world spoke. Ranging from Zebrican, Griffonian, and even the difficult dialect called Hippogriffonese. Despite her large library of languages, whatever she was hearing was not only completely foreign, but the tongue was also completely alien to her.

"What kind of language is that? I have never heard of it in my life!" An advisor commented. The ponies around her agreed.

"This... is completely unexpected. General, where was the direction of this unknown signal?" Celestia asked.

The pony general tucked away the recorder on the table before looking at Celestia. "All recorded signals were coming from all directions, Your Highness. The closest one so far was in the east." The general said.

Celestia sighed before speaking, "Alright, we don't know what's going on. General, I want you to send a scouting party over that direction. They need to physically verify what's going on." Celestia ordered.

The general nodded. "Very well, Your Highness, I'll send a scouting party in that direction. If whatever is sending these odd signals are proven to be hostile, what do we do?" The general asked.

Celestia hadn't really thought about a hostile nation since everypony on the planet was peaceful. Though, if whatever were sending the signals were hostile, then she'd better prepare her nation for any form of hostile interactions.

"If they are hostile, I want the scouting party to immediately retreat back to safety. We'll come up with some form of defense if we can not diplomatically talk with... whoever is sending these signals. Everypony is dismissed for the time being. If possible, notify me or my sister if there are any new developments about this situation."

With that, Celestia and everypony else left the room. Celestia was really worried about what was really going on. First, a moment of blinding light. Second, losing communication with all the countries and kingdoms at once. Now? Now her country and probably the Crystal Empire is receiving different signals with languages she had never heard!

With all of this, she hopes that her ponies will stay safe and the economy is stable enough to last during the largest communications crisis.

Equestria was a center for trade, commerce, and the production of consumer goods. Her country is the largest economy in Equus. With a loss of communications, trade will suddenly stop and if it continues for too long, many ponies will lose their jobs.


=///Washington D.C.///=

In a secured room under the White House, President Adam Wright and all the important people of the United States discuss about what just happened.

"Can anyone here tell me what really happened?" Adam Wright asked nobody in particular.

His secretary spoke up. " According to CNN, multiple amateur witnesses, and our bases on the West Coast, the flash of light we all experienced originated in the Pacific Ocean. At first, we thought it was a nuclear attack, but no traces of radiation were detected. Other countries also reported that they saw the same flash of light."

"After the incident, all communications with Hawaii and other Oceanic countries were suddenly cut off. As if they never existed in the first place." His general added.

"Hold on, general, did you just say we lost contact with Hawaii and some other Oceanic countries?" Adam Wright asked. The general nodded in return.

"Yes, sir. All lines of communication, even civilian ones were suddenly cut off. We tried to re-establish communications, but couldn't succeed. Though, we managed to intercept an unknown signal we got on record."

The general grabbed a remote nearby before pressing onto it. The screen in the secured room came to life and with it, an unknown voice.

"Hoc est regnum Equestriae ad Griffon Imperium, quis accipit? Communicationes cum aliis terris amisimus, ibi adhuc estis?"
("This is the United Kingdom of Equestria to the Griffon Empire, is anypony receiving? We lost communications with other countries, are you still there?")

"Hoc est Imperium Crystal Reipublicae Yayakistan, ecquis in hoc alveo est? Estne quisquam?"
("This is the Crystal Empire to the Republic of Yayakistan, is there anypony on this channel? Is... is there anypony there?")

Everyone in the room, including the president, was shocked by what they had just heard. They had never heard such a language before in their life. To them, it sounded utterly strange and alien to their ears.

"That ain't any language I know, general. What on Earth did I just listen to?" Adam Wright was confused.

"I agree with the president, general. I have visited all the countries in the Pacific and no country speaks that language." A foreign secretary commented.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure what language it is, but I request permission to send a plane to identify this strange signal. If we send some flyboys over there, we can identify whatever, or whoever is making these signals." The general said. The president thought for a moment before nodding his head in agreement.

"You have full permission to send in some jets to investigate. if possible, keep trying to contact Hawaii and other Pacific countries."

"Of course, Mr. President." The general responded.

Suddenly, someone in a white coat entered the secured room. The meeting should not be disturbed except for a matter of absolute importance, so to see someone in a lab coat surprised those in the room.

"Excuse me, who are you and what are you doing here? This is a secured meeting, no one should have access to this room unl-" The secretary was cut off.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, my name is André Jefferson, I'm a scientist from NASA. Whatever I have in my hand is of the utmost importance and the president needs to see this immediately." He would hold up a folder as he said this.

"Now hold on, son, what kind of important news?" The secretary asked.

"It may seem absurd, but an unknown landmass suddenly appeared in the middle of the Pacific Ocean." The news he revealed shocked everyone in the room.

The scientist immediately placed the file containing photos from satellites and showed a continent as big as the whole of Africa that suddenly appeared in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Everyone was stunned by whatever the folder held. Whatever they saw, it was impossible...

"This is preposterous!" The secretary exclaimed. The others in the room argued about this revelation while Adam Wright simply sighed before looking at the NASA scientist.

"What kind of sick joke is this? Are you telling me that a continent appeared in the middle of the Pacific Ocean?" Adam Wright asked, still not believing whatever he saw in the folder.

"Unfortunately not, sir, this is not a joke, this is 100% real. We have confirmed it with satellites many times. We double, triple, even quadruple-checked our systems just in case they were faulty, they were not... The scientist replied before continuing on.

"That isn't even the most shocking news, sir. During our observations, this continent is not uninhabited, we have detected traces of an actual civilization."

The scientists would proceed to reach toward the folder before picking out a specific image. He handed the image towards the president and it showed a photograph of the city of Baltimare from outer space. Despite the image being taken from space, humanity has advanced to the point where they could take high-definition pictures from long distances. With that, Adam Wright could tell whatever he was seeing was built and not natural.

Adam Wright sets the picture down and somebody else grabbed it to take a look. It went around the table and soon, everyone fell silent.

"General..." Adam Wright turned towards the general.

"What's your command, sir?" The general asked.

"Contact NATO and our other allies in Asia about the developments. Order the FAA to stop all civilian flights over the Pacific. Ready all divisions in both the Marines and the Army. Increase surveillance on the unknown civilizations with the help of the US Space Force. Make sure the admiral is told about this so he can ready all fleets. For the first time in a long time, the U.S. is now in Defcon 2."

"Yes, sir!" The general says out loud.

Adam Wright simply nodded before standing to his full height.

"Whatever is happening right now, this will change history forever and for that, we must remain vigilant in these uncertain times... Dismissed!"