• Published 1st Nov 2022
  • 1,084 Views, 69 Comments

If You Give A Pony A Time Spell - TCC56



After her problems with time travel, Princess Twilight Sparkle hid away all information about Starswirl's spell. Unfortunately she underestimated just how determined and irresponsible her friends would be.

  • ...
2
 69
 1,084

Rainbow Dash

A blinding flash of light interrupted Rainbow Dash's nap. This was not incredibly unusual, as napping on clouds came with the occasional unexpected lightning strike. The whooshing sounds were also relatively normal. Hearing her own voice calling her was, however.

It was unusual enough that she cracked her eye open and confirmed that, in fact, she was hovering next to herself. For a moment, the two stared at each other: one anxious, the other placidly curious. The napping Dash started the conversation. "Changeling?"

The other shook her head. "Time travel. Pinkie Pie gave me a spell-thing." She motioned vaguely at her bags. "That's not important, though!"

Now the first Dash was awake. "How the hay is time travel not important!"

A pause. "Okay, it's important but not the most important!" The hovering Dash landed on the cloud beside her counterpart. "We have, like, a day to plan."

"Plan what?"

The first Dash sighed with frustration. "Right, right. Okay, I'll start from the beginning: tomorrow, you've got a meet-up with Applejack."

A nod from the other Dash. "Yeah, and?"

"And," the first continued, "She's been making a big deal out of it because she's planning to ask you out."

It was like a lightning bolt struck Rainbow Dash - she was up on her hooves instantly, wings flapping excitedly. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh! She is? That's awesome!"

"No!" The other Dash grabbed her counterpart by the shoulders. Then paused with hesitation. "Well, okay, it's super awesome and we're both really happy but that isn't the point! The point is that I've gone backwards through time to help you plan this out so you can ask her out! Then you'll be first!"

Cogs turned in Rainbow Dash's head. (The grinding noise was unmistakable.) Then, abruptly - it clicked! "Oh! Right!" A sly smile crept across her face. "Then we're both still happy and I get to beat her to it!"

"Exactly!" The other Rainbow Dash grinned right back. "Now come on. We've got, like, eighteen hours to plan a date that's gonna knock her hat off."

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes dismissively. "Pft. Plenty of time."

And the other nodded. "Oh yeah, totally. But then we can use the spare time to do a few races. After all, the only way to be sure we've got the best competition–"

"--Is to race against myself," completed the other. "Let's do this!"